• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with Fandorin that gives me pause is how turmoil kept bringing him up. Could be WIFOM but putting fellow scum in the spotlight when you go down isn't the most optimal play. Also Saw was the first to push Fandorin and one of the last voters on turmoil so I'd be wary if Fandorin flips town.

Don't want to seem like I'm piggybacking since I haven't looked too hard at Faddy but he usually seems more assertive (even if he's wrong) as town. Here he seems to be playing like he has something to lose, which may indicate scum.

Haven't really noticed malus but it looks like others are picking up on his low activity.

Will re-read Faddy and malus. I won't vote for Fandorin.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So your theory is that Sawneeks voted because of yours and Monkey's vote?
No, my theory is that she was leaning Flux the absolute entire way and then when day end was getting closer and she realized she wasn't going to get the support to save her scummate she wanted she made a complete 180 using evidence someone else provided, that she posted to turmoil, and then did not bother to wait and read his response to. It has nothing to do with the timing of votes and everything to do with the timing of her posts and the clear preference for Flux through 95% of it.

What about Marvel? How is that relevant to this conversation? How is Fandorin comparing this game to a game in which I was scum "an odd comparison" when he's trying to figure out if I'm scum in this game?

Natiko, you're drawing some really weird lines in the sand today. You're usually more on-point than this.
Oh, I misread that as you making the point - not the other way around. Remember when I said I was busy and stuck skimming? That being said - I still think your opinion on Fan compared to that game could be meaningful since you're presenting the opposite.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
From my point of view it seems obvious Brazil is scum. Despite my early vote and a few people throwing shade at him in this phase he hasn't picked up any other votes besides Fran who is confirmed town. No one wants to push on him despite his weird reads and two failures to act on Turmoil.

First when he shot Terra when he claims he was scum reading Turmoil on day 1. Then yesterday when he was pushing for Flux to be lynched over Turmoil.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

faddy (7 votes)
fantomas - #2,985
fluxwavez - #2,996
ceecee - #3,163
blargonaut - #3,494
fran - #3,612
kyanrute - #3,629
dr. monkey - #3,633

malus (6 votes)
brazil - #3,017
natiko - #3,335
fireblend - #3,553
fandorin - #3,590
rac - #3,591
faddy - #3,638

fandorin (4 votes)
sawneeks - #2,964
thechuggernaut - #3,097
malus - #3,527
sorian - #3,546
dr. monkey - #3,560 #3,633

ceecee (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #2,961

(0 votes)
fireblend - #3,550 #3,553

ezekelrage (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,152 #3,494

brazil (0 votes)
faddy - #3,289 #3,638
fran - #3,555 #3,612

zubz (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,105 #3,152

pirate bae (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,142 #3,209

lone_prodigy (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,114 #3,142
dr. monkey - #3,209 #3,560

Post Counts:
fantomas: 71 fran: 65 blargonaut: 65 dr. monkey: 55 sorian: 48 brazil: 42 ezekelrage: 39 fluxwavez: 39 faddy: 33 sawneeks: 33 fandorin: 27 kyanrute: 27 natiko: 25 rac: 22 thechuggernaut: 20 malus: 16 ketkat: 14 ceecee: 13 grizzly: 11 absolutbro: 11 Pirate Bae : 8 Fireblend : 8 Lone_Prodigy : 6

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
From my point of view it seems obvious Brazil is scum. Despite my early vote and a few people throwing shade at him in this phase he hasn't picked up any other votes besides Fran who is confirmed town. No one wants to push on him despite his weird reads and two failures to act on Turmoil.

First when he shot Terra when he claims he was scum reading Turmoil on day 1. Then yesterday when he was pushing for Flux to be lynched over Turmoil.
Faddy, from my experience with you, if you really think Brazil is Scum here, where has your push for him been? Your early vote? That was nothing. A few people throwing shade? Fran's vote? Come on, now.

Give me your Scum Read on Brazil. The full thing, with quotes, and notes, and citations. I want to believe you actually have this Scum Read, but I'm not seeing it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Fandorin, Rac and now Faddy.

Just look how Brazil, Rac and Faddy reacted to Turmoil's claim. And now they are all voting the same target.
I don't see it across the board, but that being said I don't love who all is on this wagon. Don't really love the alternative options though. From what Faddy has said in the boat I don't feel comfortable putting my vote there currently.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The power of the confirmed townie.

Feels great, right?
iWhN5Y3.gif

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy, from my experience with you, if you really think Brazil is Scum here, where has your push for him been? Your early vote? That was nothing. A few people throwing shade? Fran's vote? Come on, now.

Give me your Scum Read on Brazil. The full thing, with quotes, and notes, and citations. I want to believe you actually have this Scum Read, but I'm not seeing it.

I mean I can bring up some quotes from memory and go and look for them but I never kept extensive notes for any game I have been in. You will remember this was a particular point of contention in Game of Thrones where I was not presenting enough evidence against a mafia and that was their only argument.

What made you think I take notes?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
No, my theory is that she was leaning Flux the absolute entire way and then when day end was getting closer and she realized she wasn't going to get the support to save her scummate she wanted she made a complete 180 using evidence someone else provided, that she posted to turmoil, and then did not bother to wait and read his response to. It has nothing to do with the timing of votes and everything to do with the timing of her posts and the clear preference for Flux through 95% of it.
That's better than relying on timestamps, but I still can't side with you on this one because of the way you described Sawneeks's question at turmoil as "innocuous". I don't know how asking for a PR's motivation for a command could be seen as innocuous. It seemed like you wanted to dimish the value of that question in your ISO because it contradicted the conclusion you wanted to reach.

Oh, I misread that as you making the point - not the other way around. Remember when I said I was busy and stuck skimming?
Ehhhh

That being said - I still think your opinion on Fan compared to that game could be meaningful since you're presenting the opposite.
I trusted Fand in that game because I didn't think scum!Coolest would be so brazen as to take a shot at one of his last scummates that late in the game. It was a read that relied on mechanics and a WIFOM question revolving around the craziest player in our community. I'm much more certain of the townread I have in this game.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I can bring up some quotes from memory and go and look for them but I never kept extensive notes for any game I have been in. You will remember this was a particular point of contention in Game of Thrones where I was not presenting enough evidence against a mafia and that was their only argument.

What made you think I take notes?
It's more just a figure of speech I guess. It's just that you haven't been going at Brazil. Where is the convincing argument to be made that makes Brazil look like one of the scummiest people in the room? You convinced me that Dr. Monkey was the scummiest person in the room in GoT even though I could not believe it, and we voted for her, and she was.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Your point of view is that of a tunnel that persists since day 1, so that's not saying much. I don't remember you pointing at any "weird reads" of mine, and no one is following your push because your argument amounts to "He was wrong" (when you were wrong as well; not only on D2, but you also thought Terra was suspicious).

It's even pretty uncanny how similar the arguments you're using to excuse your D2 EoD behavior are compared to the ones that you didn't consider good enough coming from me.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
That's better than relying on timestamps, but I still can't side with you on this one because of the way you described Sawneeks's question at turmoil as "innocuous". I don't know how asking for a PR's motivation for a command could be seen as innocuous. It seemed like you wanted to dimish the value of that question in your ISO because it contradicted the conclusion you wanted to reach.
Innocuous isn't a bad thing? I'm not sure if you're being purposefully disingenuous or if there's a legitimate disconnect here.

I slept all night, then have been at work all morning - not sure what there is to question here.

I trusted Fand in that game because I didn't think scum!Coolest would be so brazen as to take a shot at one of his last scummates that late in the game. It was a read that relied on mechanics and a WIFOM question revolving around the craziest player in our community. I'm much more certain of the townread I have in this game.
That's not what I'm asking. How do you think Fan's play this game differs from his play that game?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
It's more just a figure of speech I guess. It's just that you haven't been going at Brazil. Where is the convincing argument to be made that makes Brazil look like one of the scummiest people in the room? You convinced me that Dr. Monkey was the scummiest person in the room in GoT even though I could not believe it, and we voted for her, and she was.

Yeah but that is because I instill the power of belief and I was confirmed town at that point so you guys had to listen to me.

Here is a day 1 quote from Brazil where it sure looks like he was heavily leaning to shoot Turmoil

I guess it's time to build my platform, huh.

My kill list right now would probably be:

Fran - He's felt inconsistent and artificial throughout the phase. The malus/turmoil thing sticks out to me as it made it seem like he was just commenting on stuff from a position of someone who didn't really care about any of it.
Terraforce - A lot of noise over nothing when arguing with Flux, some projecting in his posts, very belligerent.
Flux - I'm willing to give Terra's counterpart in that argument a look as well. He put a lot of effort into not backing down from that discussion, but then vanished as soon as it dissipated.
turmoil - He seems to have fumbled the landing in this game. Most of his posts give the air of someone who's weirdly disoriented. Like here - Fand was being "[consolidated] as a natural option and then deflated"? That train never got past 3 votes. And what does that vote movement even say? He never explained. It just feels like he's searching for stuff to comment on without saying much.
Zubz - Low activity, can't seem to commit to his opinions.
Ketkat - I'm not sure about the arguments that put her in the spotlight in the first place, but the way she blended into the darkness after that happened is definitely noteworthy.

Everyone else gets 1 or 2 sentences at most but Turmoil get a full paragraph and a link. Compared to the depth of read he gave on Terra who he shot it doesn't feel right.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on a skim. The easy answer here feels like Faddy and Fandorin are scum. malus is getting votes because he is the only alternative (note two of the names on the vote too lol) and Faddy is coming in hot with this Brazil read that has been barely articulated before because there was some rumbling for a lynch there too.

tenor.gif

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on a skim. The easy answer here feels like Faddy and Fandorin are scum. malus is getting votes because he is the only alternative (note two of the names on the vote too lol) and Faddy is coming in hot with this Brazil read that has been barely articulated before because there was some rumbling for a lynch there too.

tenor.gif

That is literally nonsense. Brazil has been my top scum all day. And far from the possibility of a Brazil lynch no one seems to be taking it seriously.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Here is a day 1 quote from Brazil where it sure looks like he was heavily leaning to shoot Turmoil

Everyone else gets 1 or 2 sentences at most but Turmoil get a full paragraph and a link. Compared to the depth of read he gave on Terra who he shot it doesn't feel right.
Is "turmoil gets a full paragraph and a link" really what started this?

I dunno, but that may have been because while the turmoil read was fresh and that kill list was the first time I was talking about it, I'd already gone over my other suspicions throughout multiple posts earlier in the thread.

Feel free to measure the depth of these:

Terra and Flux -

I almost fell asleep when reading this argument between Terra and Flux. It feels like one of those pedantic conversations that get dragged on and on because scum refuses to back down on D1. I'm watching you two.

Zubz -

This post is supposed to be where you take a stand, but it feels like a collection of random observations with no weight to them. It seems like you can't commit to anything. Maybe you trust Sorian, but maybe not. You want to hear from people who haven't said much, maybe because they're just catching up or maybe because they're scum. You find your Fantomas' reason for a vote weird, but you also understand it. You'll follow Sorian and Monkey, but hesitantly.

Fran -

This is a weird conversation. Right off the bat turmoil7 figured that that's what Natiko and Sorian were both proposing (it reads to me that Sorian was just weighing the possibility, though), and you even seemed supportive of the idea.
I call that confrontation, sure. Maybe not altercation, but definitely confrontation. Still, the adjective is hardly the question here - once again, it's the difference between the tone of those two posts. I think it was Fantomas that said he thought you felt "artificial".

I couldn't possibly give you a reason why the content of these posts in particular would make you scum with the information we have right now, but it does give me the impression that you're just commenting on stuff without really having much attachment to what you're saying - hence the inconsistencies. You may disagree that there are inconsistencies, but that's how I see it.
Fran, the more you talk about this, the weirder it seems. It seems like you're digging deeper than you'd have to to explain something that shouldn't be hard to explain.

As I clealry said previously, my criticism was pointing at the difference between the initial reactions you had to turmoil and malus saying the same thing. turmoil only dropped that idea after you'd already reacted amenably to his initial suggestion, so that doesn't explain anything. And you did go after malus as soon as he shared his idea - he proposed it on post #759, and you confronted him about it on #764. Once again, what happened after that doesn't explain anything because your initial reactions are what I'm questioning.

It feels arbitrary, and the fact that you didn't simply explain yourself by saying something like "I changed my mind between then and now" is adding on top of it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is literally nonsense. Brazil has been my top scum all day. And far from the possibility of a Brazil lynch no one seems to be taking it seriously.

You voted him early and then have spent a lot of time defending yourself from my point of view. I also was planning to vote for him for awhile and I've seen people mention him a few times, until a few hours ago, he was just as likely as anyone else.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, I'd kind of like to see your thoughts on Faddy, Fando, and Malus here Zeke, since they are the hot topics here today.
Idk should be I'm cool with either of the three.

I don't really care for ppl making arguments and not being able to back them up.
Faddy - did the above with the whole injection into the game/doing what ppl think argument on me.

Fando - did the above as well. said I was creating noise but doesn't have anything to really back it up. Instead of admitting he was wrong in saying I was creating noise, he shifts to " where is a read list, I want to know where your mind is".

He assumes I know how my slot was being read and purposely tried to create noise. He is wrong about both. From this dayphase I thought ppl put the slot in slight town/neutral due to the turmoil vote.

Malus - is interesting. He didn't bring up how cc thought about faddy until after cc mentioned mal may be in a scum team with faddy. His response to my question about his thoughts on cc scumreading him was kinda meh as well.

I'm sticking to ceecee currently. Will sheep Fran and fanto on faddy if need be.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif
You think both Faddy and me could be scum together? Would be a marveous thing to see scum create a third wagon to save the skin of two scummates like that.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking to ceecee currently. Will sheep Fran and fanto on faddy if need be.

I would prefer an actual, well thought vote instead of sheeping another players vote.

Avoiding choosing a side on the current wagons is scummy as hell.

You think both Faddy and me could be scum together? Would be a marveous thing to see scum create a third wagon to save the skin of two scummates like that.

Isn't it the most logical option if they don't want to lose another member?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There's 5-6 scum and one is dead on D2. If two of you are already up for debate on day 3, I don't see why it's a big leap to think the two in contention would try to drop the vote to a third party.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I should have an hour now. I will tell y'all I'm not feeling malus right now. The introduction of that train feels way too convenient.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
You voted him early and then have spent a lot of time defending yourself from my point of view. I also was planning to vote for him for awhile and I've seen people mention him a few times, until a few hours ago, he was just as likely as anyone else.

That is probably fair. I have spent more time on the defensive trying not to be lynched than pushing elsewhere. Because whether he is scum or not Brazil is right that i am pushing the same arguments to paint him as scum that also apply to me.

So yeah I don't think I am credible enough to be pushing super hard for a lynch but I think we are going in the wrong direction.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
"Innocuous" isn't a bad thing when the point you're trying to make is that Sawneeks never threatened turmoil with her prodding? I'm not the one being disingenuous here.
Okay, first off asking a question to someone isn't a threat in the first place nor did I mention that as my reasoning. Are you seriously trying to act like her push on turmoil is the same as it was for Flux? "Innocuous" means it was innocent as in it seemed fine - e.g. Sawneeks question was innocent, I saw nothing wrong with it.

I don't remember enough to draw that comparison beyond what happened in that last phase in which I was alive.
Okay.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Catching up now. These are just posts about yourself.

Yes you could grow as a player but my point was that by voting in the opening post it is you trying to show Classic Zeke.
How is that trying to show classic Zeke? When have I ever voted that early?
You said I was trying to inject myself into the game by voting and trying to play how ppl expect. I haven't done that at all.

You've not yet presented a single argument to convince me otherwise. You're not even doing a good job with your tunnel this game lol
I just wanted ppl's thoughts on it. To see who are not even considering cc could be scum. Just because they had a big shot, doesn't mean they are guaranteed town. I played a game recently where scum had a vig shot. The way that played out he shot a scummate and coasted to a victory because no one questioned him.

If ppl just want to give cc a town pass just for having a vig shot, that's on them.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I obviously won't link to any posts from that game, but you should go back and see how that phase played out. I didn't defend him throughout the day at all. I ended up voting for Muffin to distance myself from the lynch that was sure to happen, but despite saying that I townread Fand early on, I still threw a lot of concern troll-ish posts at him all the way to the end, and didn't really intervene at all in the accusations against him. I just let it happen, and wrote something in scum chat saying how bad I felt about it.
You bringing up irl issues as a defense for Fando still stick out to me.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
How is that trying to show classic Zeke? When have I ever voted that early?
You said I was trying to inject myself into the game by voting and trying to play how ppl expect. I haven't done that at all.

I just wanted ppl's thoughts on it. To see who are not even considering cc could be scum. Just because they had a big shot, doesn't mean they are guaranteed town. I played a game recently where scum had a vig shot. The way that played out he shot a scummate and coasted to a victory because no one questioned him.

If ppl just want to give cc a town pass just for having a vig shot, that's on them.
Ah, okay. I feel CeeCee is town but not due to the shot itself. More the way in which the shot happened and the circumstances around it. There are better ways to play it as neutral/scum.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's not necessarily this with me, it's more that I have don't have many reasons to think CeeCee is on a Scum Team right now compared to other players in the game, and although CeeCee is naturally sketchy, the claim itself and how he used that shot seems pretty Town to me, so I'm fine looking elsewhere until CeeCee becomes more suspect in my mind.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
i wanna say that running this ceecee argument right now is some fine scum filler material but then id be commenting on the ceecee argument and making myself scummy

wait

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As already said a bunch above, no one is clearing CeeCee only on the role. Even me, the person talking mechanics most around that, also doubt the scum link due to how that whole shot was handled.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You currently have my well thought out vote.

As far as being looked at as scummy in regards to the wagons, so be it.
Even if CeeCee is scum—and I am not convinced he's town myself—your vote is lost. I get voting for who you believe in the most despite what everyone else is going for, but your vote is lost. Surely you have an opinion regarding Faddy, Fandorin, or malus? Because unless you think all 3 of them are town or you have a null read on them, there's no reason to avoid them.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe I shouldn't have reduced the cc town read to only having a vig shot. I know ppl are looking at how it went down as well and saying scum wouldn't play it that way.

I just see it different and possible scum could play it that way.

So why did you open with a vote for CeeCee?
Because of the stances ppl are taking on it. Cc flip says how sincere some ppl were. Turmoil was already ok with keeping cc alive.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Even if CeeCee is scum—and I am not convinced he's town myself—your vote is lost. I get voting for who you believe in the most despite what everyone else is going for, but your vote is lost. Surely you have an opinion regarding Faddy, Fandorin, or malus? Because unless you think all 3 of them are town or you have a null read on them, there's no reason to avoid them.
He'll vote for whoever he can cast a hammer vote on right before EoD.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it the most logical option if they don't want to lose another member?
You're both backed into a corner. So yeah.
There's 5-6 scum and one is dead on D2. If two of you are already up for debate on day 3, I don't see why it's a big leap to think the two in contention would try to drop the vote to a third party.

Sorian post makes sense, considering that turmoil got lynched early in the game, but I find hard to believe that the scum team could coordinate their votes to create a counter wagon if two other scummates are in danger without leaving a big trail of evidence behind.

From my perspective, malus could be a counter wagon against Faddy, but it would make more sense for scum to gang up on me, considering the malus train gained traction a bit later.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I shouldn't have reduced the cc town read to only having a vig shot. I know ppl are looking at how it went down as well and saying scum wouldn't play it that way.

I just see it different and possible scum could play it that way.

Because of the stances ppl are taking on it. Cc flip says how sincere some ppl were. Turmoil was already ok with keeping cc alive.

Being right or wrong does not equal being sincere though.