• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

fandorin (5 votes)
sawneeks - #2,964
thechuggernaut - #3,097
malus - #3,527
sorian - #3,546
dr. monkey - #3,560

malus (5 votes)
brazil - #3,017
natiko - #3,335
fireblend - #3,553
fandorin - #3,590
rac - #3,591

faddy (4 votes)
fantomas - #2,985
fluxwavez - #2,996
ceecee - #3,163
blargonaut - #3,494

brazil (2 votes)
faddy - #3,289
fran - #3,555

ceecee (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #2,961

(0 votes)
fireblend - #3,550 #3,553

ezekelrage (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,152 #3,494

zubz (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,105 #3,152

pirate bae (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,142 #3,209

lone_prodigy (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,114 #3,142
dr. monkey - #3,209 #3,560

Post Counts:
fantomas: 65 blargonaut: 65 fran: 58 dr. monkey: 53 sorian: 48 fluxwavez: 39 brazil: 38 ezekelrage: 35 sawneeks: 33 faddy: 26 fandorin: 24 natiko: 23 rac: 22 kyanrute: 20 thechuggernaut: 19 malus: 15 ceecee: 13 ketkat: 11 absolutbro: 11 grizzly: 10 fireblend: 8 pirate bae: 6 lone_prodigy: 5

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
What ingenious ways is he trying to figure you out?
Like how he's still trying to draw comparisons to other games we've played each other. He just brought up in our boat how I'd "let him to fend for himself" when he was under scrutiny as town in KH Mafia (I was scum in that game), and how he thought I was acting similarly here. Instead of simply trying to pocket me, he's still reluctant to trust me fully, even now. That's a huge towntell.

Yeah, I figured I was the one being referenced, I'm aware. For the shitty answer to this, Fand's posts are really long and they become very difficult to manage when I quote them and try to cut them down or even just scroll around to highlight different things. That's not it on its own though. I'm talking through my thoughts on his posts in our boat and then Monkey ends up coming over here and hitting all the points anyway. I don't feel the need to reiterate the exact same things again. The one difference of opinion I have from her is that I have more worry on you than she does and I did say this part above but what's pinging me is that he has stayed calm through all of this and you were tilting a bit yesterday (and even a bit now with this defense), I think you are both good scum players who are good at staying cold and factual sounding when the heat comes down and I think you letting loose more in here is indicative of having less modes to do it in the background (like a scum chat).
I don't doubt your reasoning, and I'm not even entertaining the idea that everyone who was kind of just going along with the Fandorin train is scum. Fantomas is another example of player who hasn't questioned him or engaged with his explanations and is still firmly scumreading him - and Fantomas is town.

We can look through the rest of the people who behaved this way (Chugger just dropped a vote on Fand there, as another example) later, but my point is that, regardless of alignment, the people that are scumreading him without really giving him room to convince them otherwise hit Fand in a way that seems to have deflated him in a very genuine way. He's giving me the aura of someone who feels he's being unfairly treated.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Been a while since I've seen this many people this early. Kyaaa thinks his vote is precious and will not let go :3

No but really imma read.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Like how he's still trying to draw comparisons to other games we've played each other. He just brought up in our boat how I'd "let him to fend for himself" when he was under scrutiny as town in KH Mafia (I was scum in that game), and how he thought I was acting similarly here. Instead of simply trying to pocket me, he's still reluctant to trust me fully, even now. That's a huge towntell.

Let him fend for himself? = let him get out the lynch on his own?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE which of the 3 leading wagons do you think it's most likely to have scum?
I know you're not asking me, but at this point I am thinking I would lean towards Faddy. His reads today do not fill me with confidence about where he is coming from, and he has not really been pushing on any of them.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're not asking me, but at this point I am thinking I would lean towards Faddy. His reads today do not fill me with confidence about where he is coming from, and he has not really been pushing on any of them.

Don't you already have your vote on Faddy?

And noone seems to be interested in my Brazil lynch besides Faddy (who I don't trust) so let's change it:

Vote: Faddy

Triple tie. Time to see more votes in here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
But that's not true at all in regards to KH.You were his main defender til the end. You even brought up how irl issues were a factor in some of Fando's responses and how you felt he was town.

Fando sorta just was w/e about the lynch it seemed and was cool with letting it play out. Probably because he could override it or w/e to prove he was town. But as scum you didn't know that.

I only remember it because that is why I was so hesitant to lynch you over muffin the following day. I didn't think a scum you would step out on such a limb to bring up irl issues to defend Fando. I was wrong.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at the very least we'll get some vote movement for analysis later on.

Zeke, since you seem interested in CeeCee, did you get the chance to read my take on the situation?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
EzekelRAGE which of the 3 leading wagons do you think it's most likely to have scum?
Honestly idk

Off the top of my head I also remember the "Flux isn't confirmed" talk which obviously wouldn't amount to anything, though that could be attributed to the other players on the conversation as well.
Yea, that was Sorian. I actually tried to dead that convo. I also tried to dead the modifier talk as well. Because it was noise for scum to hide behind.

Which is why I found it odd you said I was creating noise when I would argue it's been the opposite.

So you really have nothing to back up that I was creating noise?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
But that's not true at all in regards to KH.You were his main defender til the end. You even brought up how irl issues were a factor in some of Fando's responses and how you felt he was town.

Fando sorta just was w/e about the lynch it seemed and was cool with letting it play out. Probably because he could override it or w/e to prove he was town. But as scum you didn't know that.

I only remember it because that is why I was so hesitant to lynch you over muffin the following day. I didn't think a scum you would step out on such a limb to bring up irl issues to defend Fando. I was wrong.
I obviously won't link to any posts from that game, but you should go back and see how that phase played out. I didn't defend him throughout the day at all. I ended up voting for Muffin to distance myself from the lynch that was sure to happen, but despite saying that I townread Fand early on, I still threw a lot of concern troll-ish posts at him all the way to the end, and didn't really intervene at all in the accusations against him. I just let it happen, and wrote something in scum chat saying how bad I felt about it.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly idk

Yea, that was Sorian. I actually tried to dead that convo. I also tried to dead the modifier talk as well. Because it was noise for scum to hide behind.

Which is why I found it odd you said I was creating noise when I would argue it's been the opposite.

So you really have nothing to back up that I was creating noise?
Well, those interactions are what come into mind when thinking about you, that's why I considered noise. Have you posted a reads list? Because I don't know what is on your mind right now, other than your stance on CeeCee.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Off of who? Faddy? Or Fandorin?

200.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Been busy with school this whole week which is why I've been kind of absent. My reasons for voting Fandorin are pretty close to Neeks and I didn't really want to just repeat what she said. I haven't really done much because three of my scum reads are up for lynch today, I guess I could push for Kyan, but I would be competing with 3 of my other reads so why would I do that?

There is something I did notice though. Malus/Faddy/Fandorin all seemed pretty hesitant to scum read each other today which I took note of. Faddy mentioned one of them in a post, but he didn't seem to lean hard into it at all, and Malus and Fandorin didn't seem to want to scum read each other till a couple of hours ago where it seemed obvious that one of them was getting lynched. I'm not going back to look right now, but I remember either Malus or Fandorin (Both?) coming into the day phase saying they were lost, and I just don't really know how your takeaway from that Turmoil lynch is that you aren't sure about the game anymore. The votes on each other today just feel like they're trying to get some early bussing in and I don't buy it.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Faddy could be a (somewhat?) self-conscious scum. He drops his vote on Flux after Fran posted his top three and Flux was not on that list. Faddy, in his post, is also seemingly sarcastic about the vote not mattering since Fran was the law. It is a willing choice to toss the vote away instead of voting in the semi-thunderdome there. Tiny minus there. Next post urges Fran again. Does this continue as a blame Fran type of a play? Hard to tell if genuine or not since Fran did what he did.

The vote on Flux, huh. Was there actually a backup plan here. I didn't agree with AB on this cuz it was a dumb plan and on the other hand AB writing that felt like he actually knew that that was what happened. turmoil certainly did plan something with is D2 start posts but if there was a plan, the rest wasn't as coordinated I feel, simply because it was a dumb fucking plan. At best scummies planned for ill-defined outcomes more or less individually and this monstrosity was born from that.

Commuter check post was bizarre. You can narrow a lot from "no result" or whatever but Faddy wasn't as concerned about the fact that PR != scum.

#2901 "Flux, turmoil and Bae were all in danger of being lynched today." This list weirdly combines pre- and post-Franjuke states. Flux wasn't a serious thing before the juke and Bae wasn't a thing after her claim or at least people weren't thinking about killing her after the green claim.

I don't mind this unless D3 read changes my view.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
There is something I did notice though. Malus/Faddy/Fandorin all seemed pretty hesitant to scum read each other today which I took note of. Faddy mentioned one of them in a post, but he didn't seem to lean hard into it at all, and Malus and Fandorin didn't seem to want to scum read each other till a couple of hours ago where it seemed obvious that one of them was getting lynched. I'm not going back to look right now, but I remember either Malus or Fandorin (Both?) coming into the day phase saying they were lost, and I just don't really know how your takeaway from that Turmoil lynch is that you aren't sure about the game anymore. The votes on each other today just feel like they're trying to get some early bussing in and I don't buy it.
I made this note as well, and I got the exact same feeling.

Me and you are a lot alike Chugg lol.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Sorry I've been sick and haven't been paying much attention to the thread.

Uhhh out of three id prefer it in this order: Malus, Faddy, Fandorin

Really I'm okay with any of them. None of them have given me confidence out of what I've seen.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
VOTE: Faddy

I am entertaining the possibility that there was a dumb plan and AB narrated it to us as superb #content. That'd be funny.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where are you getting Tracker from?

My line of thinking on that is turmoil's claim. He seemed certain that he had information on Flux, and that he could use that in the future. His claim itself was clearly a lie, but I could see scum knowing that Flux did something, which is why he was willing to say "He's not ordinary" because well, he's not. It's still speculation until we see a flip of course.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
My line of thinking on that is turmoil's claim. He seemed certain that he had information on Flux, and that he could use that in the future. His claim itself was clearly a lie, but I could see scum knowing that Flux did something, which is why he was willing to say "He's not ordinary" because well, he's not. It's still speculation until we see a flip of course.

A tracker also wouldn't get results from a commuter.

So, who do you want to vote and what do you think about the leading wagons?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Majority is still a lot, right?

vote: Faddy

Brazil defending Fandorin but not the other way around is very interesting. Let me get caught up here. I'm not convinced of anything. I may well go back to Fandorin. But I'm also curious about a few things.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Not all roles need to actually target players though, different mechanisms can exist. Not that it matters since Turmoil was lying but it seemed pretty obvious from the way he was talking that Flux was not vanilla and Turmoil was right.

Turmoil must have yolo'd that read since presumably a role cop wouldn't have worked either. It was a pretty ballsy mood that could have got himself trapped if Flux was vanilla.

My impression just now was that when you wrote the post supporting turmoil, you were, I assumed, talking about getting a read off a "no result" result that turmoil would've presumably gotten. That, obviously, was faulty logic on its own for various reasons but at least it was better than how this reads. This is a even greater technicality, at least n-levels of abstraction deeper. And it does not address the concerns.

Next post, why do you want an odd night commuter dead? My head narrative here makes no sense. Instead of telling to Fantomas that Flux's horrible manner of presenting himself was scummy about him, it was the claim that was scummy? Hmm.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
You thought the rage would be that of a lion, turns out it was just that of a little kitten. Just cute with no real bite.

Faddy any response to post 3456 or 3460?

This goes out to everyone except flux and Sorian.

You guys just cool with letting CC pass as town?

Catching up now. These are just posts about yourself.

Yes you could grow as a player but my point was that by voting in the opening post it is you trying to show Classic Zeke.

I see more people bringing up my point on Flux being defensive on his claim. Like this

Faddy could be a (somewhat?) self-conscious scum. He drops his vote on Flux after Fran posted his top three and Flux was not on that list. Faddy, in his post, is also seemingly sarcastic about the vote not mattering since Fran was the law. It is a willing choice to toss the vote away instead of voting in the semi-thunderdome there. Tiny minus there. Next post urges Fran again. Does this continue as a blame Fran type of a play? Hard to tell if genuine or not since Fran did what he did.

The vote on Flux, huh. Was there actually a backup plan here. I didn't agree with AB on this cuz it was a dumb plan and on the other hand AB writing that felt like he actually knew that that was what happened. turmoil certainly did plan something with is D2 start posts but if there was a plan, the rest wasn't as coordinated I feel, simply because it was a dumb fucking plan. At best scummies planned for ill-defined outcomes more or less individually and this monstrosity was born from that.

Commuter check post was bizarre. You can narrow a lot from "no result" or whatever but Faddy wasn't as concerned about the fact that PR != scum.

#2901 "Flux, turmoil and Bae were all in danger of being lynched today." This list weirdly combines pre- and post-Franjuke states. Flux wasn't a serious thing before the juke and Bae wasn't a thing after her claim or at least people weren't thinking about killing her after the green claim.

I don't mind this unless D3 read changes my view.

Of course Flux could have been scum. Sorian pointed it out at the time but if Flux was vanilla he just immediately claims it and we definitely have 1 scum. Flux was not telling the truth. The fact he tried to claim PR and discredit Turmoil with the commuter claim was a red light for me. I never believe those convenient PR claims.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A tracker also wouldn't get results from a commuter.

So, who do you want to vote and what do you think about the leading wagons?

Oh, I just looked up what a Commuter is. I was thinking it was a Bus Driver by a different name. Yeah, no, just ignore me on that part! Sorry for the confusion!

Between the current leads, I'm most suspicious of Faddy, and I want to hear more from him about some of his justifications, like his suspicion on Sawneeks.

They're all pretty weird though. I think my current order would be Faddy > Malus > Fandorin with Faddy and Malus being pretty close together. I'd be okay with either of those two as a lynch today.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like either of the trains against me but it doesn't look like people want to lynch Brazil today

Vote: Malus

More chance of him being scum than Fandorin who I still think has been pretty townie. Brazil voting there gives me some hesitation but it isn't like he has a slam dunk case on malus. Maybe he has been caught in an early vote.

I'm still feeling pretty good about that 2 out of 4 bet. Since Bae and Flux are looking good now, I'll start off here.

VOTE: malus

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Did a bit of a skim catch-up - work is busy all, sorry.

thought I quoted this but guess not. :x

Day 1 I had Turmoil as a 'null' in my reads list. Day 2 I did the ISO of him that I've quoted in my case against Turmoil where I basically list him as 'inoffensive and quiet, really likes Fandorin. not sure I scum read him yet tho'. You can tell I really mean he is inoffensive because I say it 3 times. ( ._.)
You're not filling me with warm and fuzzy thoughts Saw.

You thought the rage would be that of a lion, turns out it was just that of a little kitten. Just cute with no real bite.

Faddy any response to post 3456 or 3460?

This goes out to everyone except flux and Sorian.

You guys just cool with letting CC pass as town?
You've not yet presented a single argument to convince me otherwise. You're not even doing a good job with your tunnel this game lol

Was driving to work and debating where I want to vote. I'm between Brazil and Fandorin right now.

VOTE: Fandorin

Everyone else has pretty much trounced that ground, what's convinced me to push that needle more towards him than Brazil has been their reactions under pressure. Brazil got tilted and I don't think he does that as scum, at least he never did in HvV when I was with him, he was always more careful than that and saved the tilt for scum chat.
Brazil got pretty heated in KH as scum, so I don't know if this meta read is infallible.

That's some crazy synchronism from you three, then.

Then I'm back to my previous position. I don't think too much of Saw not waiting for that question to be answered with so little time left in the phase.

That's a whole lot of assumptions. It's pretty clear that rac didn't have a reason lined up for that vote. If "You're mean" is what he could come up with when asked, that's all I need to know.

What's weird is you accepting that rac vote. You never even asked him directly about it - you just threw some light shade at him and voted elsewhere. Is he your scummate?
Still not buying it, especially when all it would've taken was a refresh to see. It's not like we were THAT close to day end.

I don't doubt your reasoning, and I'm not even entertaining the idea that everyone who was kind of just going along with the Fandorin train is scum. Fantomas is another example of player who hasn't questioned him or engaged with his explanations and is still firmly scumreading him - and Fantomas is town.

We can look through the rest of the people who behaved this way (Chugger just dropped a vote on Fand there, as another example) later, but my point is that, regardless of alignment, the people that are scumreading him without really giving him room to convince them otherwise hit Fand in a way that seems to have deflated him in a very genuine way. He's giving me the aura of someone who feels he's being unfairly treated.
You keep using KH as a point of reference - one in which he was town but you were scum which seems like an odd comparison. What about Marvel when the opposite was true?

Who on the malus vote do you think is scum trying to protect their teammates?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just looked up what a Commuter is. I was thinking it was a Bus Driver by a different name. Yeah, no, just ignore me on that part! Sorry for the confusion!

Between the current leads, I'm most suspicious of Faddy, and I want to hear more from him about some of his justifications, like his suspicion on Sawneeks.

They're all pretty weird though. I think my current order would be Faddy > Malus > Fandorin with Faddy and Malus being pretty close together. I'd be okay with either of those two as a lynch today.
You thought Flux was claiming bus driver???

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

The only justification I need for the Sawneeks read is that I don't think she has been very townie. Like what has she contributed to the game that makes you think se is someone you can trust?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Of course Flux could have been scum. Sorian pointed it out at the time but if Flux was vanilla he just immediately claims it and we definitely have 1 scum. Flux was not telling the truth. The fact he tried to claim PR and discredit Turmoil with the commuter claim was a red light for me. I never believe those convenient PR claims.

Sorian had a whole choir behind him there. Yet it is not obvious from your posts at the time that you too were concerned about this. The concern about turmoil's claim is missing too, you rather hand-wave it away by saying that no claims should be trusted at that point.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian had a whole choir behind him there. Yet it is not obvious from your posts at the time that you too were concerned about this. The concern about turmoil's claim is missing too, you rather hand-wave it away by saying that no claims should be trusted at that point.

I was giving Turmoil's claim some credit because it appeared to me that he was correct on Flux not being vanilla town and FLux's bad reaction.

You wanted Flux to be the lynch as well. Surely you can see my point of view since you came to the same conclusion?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You thought Flux was claiming bus driver???

I might have skimmed over that part trying to catch up quickly! To be fair, Commuter and Bus Driver are pretty similar names for real life jobs!

The only justification I need for the Sawneeks read is that I don't think she has been very townie. Like what has she contributed to the game that makes you think se is someone you can trust?

Well, specifically, you called out her read on Fandorin, and how you didn't feel it was genuine. Why do you feel that way about that read/vote in particular?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I might have skimmed over that part trying to catch up quickly! To be fair, Commuter and Bus Driver are pretty similar names for real life jobs!

Well, specifically, you called out her read on Fandorin, and how you didn't feel it was genuine. Why do you feel that way about that read/vote in particular?

I mean it is what it is. But she didn't exactly make a convincing case when she voted and I think the Turmoil/Fandorin connection is dubious at best.

Vote: Fandorin

Hi fandorin

sorry about your buddy turmoil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Still not buying it, especially when all it would've taken was a refresh to see. It's not like we were THAT close to day end.
So your theory is that Sawneeks voted because of yours and Monkey's vote?

You keep using KH as a point of reference - one in which he was town but you were scum which seems like an odd comparison. What about Marvel when the opposite was true?
What about Marvel? How is that relevant to this conversation? How is Fandorin comparing this game to a game in which I was scum "an odd comparison" when he's trying to figure out if I'm scum in this game?

Natiko, you're drawing some really weird lines in the sand today. You're usually more on-point than this.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I was giving Turmoil's claim some credit because it appeared to me that he was correct on Flux not being vanilla town and FLux's bad reaction.

You wanted Flux to be the lynch as well. Surely you can see my point of view since you came to the same conclusion?

I see your POV and disagree with it. Well, in the best case your POV makes sense, the problem is that your posts do not make me feel that the best case happened here. I feel that you gave too much credit to turmoil and did not show enough concern about the manner in which Flux conducted himself in. This leads me to feel an unpleasant disconnect here: the explanations do not match with the actions.