• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Elaborated on this to Fant already but here:

I was leaning Flux over Turmoil and kept bashing my head against that wall because of the reasoning above. Turmoil's breadcrumb at Day Start was a real longcon for a Scum player to make just for a fakeclaim and Flux's stubborn behavior was not winning him any points. In the case I was wrong I wanted to give a potential info role another chance at Night whereas Flux's now wasted '1-shot' wouldn't have been a big loss if he was telling the truth. AB's post pushed me over the edge because Turmoil had no reason to assume a positive check would mean Town.
I mentioned this in my post - but if it was AB's post that pushed you over the edge why did you not wait for turmoil's response at that time to your question centered around it? Instead it seems like you had made a turn at that point and already settled on voting turmoil.

You reminded me I need to go back and actually look at that, thank you. Also not sure what else you want me to say here? Other than you're wrong.
Dang, I thought you'd tell me I was right. I would be curious to see Fireblend chime in as the one that was the focus of your inquiry.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping to get a few more in before I had to leave, but didn't make it. Out for several hours except for mobile checkins.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

faddy (3 votes)
fantomas - #2,985
fluxwavez - #2,996
ceecee - #3,163

fandorin (2 votes)
sawneeks - #2,964
thechuggernaut - #3,097

malus (2 votes)
brazil - #3,017
natiko - #3,335

ezekelrage (1 votes)
blargonaut - #3,152

brazil (1 votes)
faddy - #3,289

ceecee (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #2,961

lone_prodigy (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,114 #3,142
dr. monkey - #3,209

zubz (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,105 #3,152

pirate bae (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,142 #3,209

Post Counts:
fantomas: 48 fran: 44 dr. monkey: 42 blargonaut: 35 fluxwavez: 32 sorian: 31 brazil: 26 ezekelrage: 22 kyanrute: 20 fandorin: 19 sawneeks: 19 natiko: 18 thechuggernaut: 17 faddy: 16 rac: 15 absolutbro: 9 grizzly: 7 ceecee: 7 ketkat: 5 lone_prodigy: 4 malus: 4 pirate bae: 3 fireblend: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think that these lines of thought are pretty weird on Pirate Bae to be honest. While she hasn't fully claimed yet, I think we can all assume that she's town at this point. When she shows up and has more information, we'll know better, but I don't see why a scum cop would exist and clear me of all people in the thread. There were so many people out for my lynch, there was still a chance that people might want to check me just to confirm her. It's the riskiest play that scum could have gone for

I don't think she could be a scum cop (well maybe a role cop but I don't think that really matters to the potential lie). My only worry is she saw the writing on the wall that she might be getting lynched and this was her way out. Her choice of you to clear doesn't really have much to do with you, it has to do with you were the one she spent most of D2 defending so the good lie would be to say that the reason she defended you so hard was because she knew.

Again, for the record, I'm assuming town at this point for Bae, but the above is how it would have happened realistically if she were scum.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Null:
Blargonaut
- Overall I feel a bit better about Blarg. Still not enough to put him in the town pile due to the bit earlier where it seemed like he wasn't really paying attention to the game anymore but I'm no good at reading Blarg.
Sorian
Faddy
kyanrute
Fandorin

Lean Scum:
rac
- A light lean just because his play seems to rarely help town, but it's also hard to explain w. Would save this for another day.

Scum:
Lone_Prodigy
- Still nothing substantial from LP after nothing substantial from nin after nothing substantial from kawl.
Sawneeks
malus
So how does this work out? You have myself, Malus, and LP all as hard Scum Reads despite these following read of Fandorin where you seem a lot more hesitant on them than your current list even remotely suggests. Your Malus read I agree with but your LP is a big ol' nothing, it doesn't align with your Fandorin thoughts.

Fandorin:
I had added Fandorin to my list to ISO, but sure I can go ahead and address it from my current viewpoint:

Outside of turmoil's placement this list matches the thoughts of quite a few players D2.

We know Cabot was town now - what relevance does this have? Why would scum Fand not mention him instead of being more careful?

Seems like a reach, if a player you have no read on claims they are about to share a lot of thoughts then drops out I think we can all agree we would have preferred to see their thoughts. I will agree that it's weird he believes it in general though because I'm skeptical Nin has ever taken notes in a game of mafia lol

Now this is the first really good point and the one that started me down the path of wanting to ISO him since I know he's generally a very strong scum player.

This is another fair point and probably the strongest of the connections between the two anyone has pointed out. I find this much more compelling than the election stuff between the two.

Yeah, his about face yet still waffling on CeeCee was weird to me at the time. Still not sure what to make of it since CeeCee legitimately has yanked everyone's chain multiple times now. I think this becomes a bit of a toss up without verifying CeeCee's alignment first.

Struggling to see why scum Fand would box himself out of scumreading one of the main contenders and one that may be in contention against his scum teammate turmoil. I'll agree it's a read lacking any context for the Switch other than vibes and being brazen.

The Bae vote makes sense in context, the arguing it gives more info doesn't and I think I recall questioning someone (malus?) on this point as well yesterday.

Overall I agree there's some strange behavior from Fand, specifically around some of his read waffles. I actually think his day end is the worst part - I just went back to read over his bits since your post for it isn't up. I hadn't caught that he makes a single post to push for a turmoil lynch without really going out of his way to draw attention to it, and then with his last post of the phase makes a point to try and create some separation between him and turmoil which all said might be more concerning than anything else from Fand. I'd completely overlooked it at the time.
How is that a Null?

I also just went through everything and noticed (or missed) that you have not yet mentioned Faddy today despite the talk around him. What are your thoughts there considering everything this phase so far?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So how does this work out? You have myself, Malus, and LP all as hard Scum Reads despite these following read of Fandorin where you seem a lot more hesitant on them than your current list even remotely suggests. Your Malus read I agree with but your LP is a big ol' nothing, it doesn't align with your Fandorin thoughts.

Fandorin:

How is that a Null?

I also just went through everything and noticed (or missed) that you have not yet mentioned Faddy today despite the talk around him. What are your thoughts there considering everything this phase so far?
Err..did you read everything I said? I said a few of the points were good but some of them did nothing for me. I think his day end was bad, but I think yours was worse and I don't think you and Fandorin are scummates. Maybe you should read more carefully before jumping to conclusions. Sure, my read on LP is a big ol' nothing but what the fuck do you expect it to be when every player in that slot has done fuck all?

I did mention my thoughts on Faddy today:

We haven't talked too much since timing wise we haven't both been around at the same time much. We've shared a few reads and talked about his day end and the response to it. Generally speaking I'm feeling a bit better than I did on him yesterday, but I don't yet have anything definitive to put him as town either.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you have Brazil as town?
I have him as a lean town. He was one of my top town reads throughout the beginning of the game. I think his day end yesterday looks bad, but that doesn't change that before that I thought his play was solid and that I think there's merit to the fact that turmoil voted Stan instead of Brazil while appearing on Brazil's kill list. If they're scummates he never had need to fear anyways. I know Sorian pointed it that the kill went to Brazil anyways but unless you believe CeeCee is also scum it wasn't intended on scum's part and shouldn't be taken into consideration when evaluating actions at that time.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned this in my post - but if it was AB's post that pushed you over the edge why did you not wait for turmoil's response at that time to your question centered around it? Instead it seems like you had made a turn at that point and already settled on voting turmoil.

Dang, I thought you'd tell me I was right. I would be curious to see Fireblend chime in as the one that was the focus of your inquiry.
You're gonna hate this but I don't really have an answer for that. Let me explain my thoughts at the time as best I can.

Before Turmoil claimed I was in the camp that Flux was Town (stubborn too) and that Turmoil and Fandorin had a weird connection that I honestly thought may have been Masons. When Turmoil claimed Neapolitan it not only dashed my Mason theory but then left the Fandorin connection a huge flag and got Flux all in a huff and being incredibly clingy to his information and refusing to fully claim. At that point I had Turmoil with a claimed info role and a weird connection to another Player and Flux, who I originally felt was Town, being incredibly dodgy and refusing to divulge information about his own role that I saw was immensely anti-town.

Considering I have mentioned before that I would've rather gotten rid of a 1-shot who used up their shot over an information role can you see where my hesitation comes from? Turmoil had question marks but was forthcoming and had a breadcrumb, Flux was being stubborn and anti-town but he was almost too stubborn to be scum. When AB pointed out that assumption of alignment from Turmoil it was the strongest argument against either Player at the time. I should've waited but I thought it was strong enough and time was running short so I voted.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Err..did you read everything I said? I said a few of the points were good but some of them did nothing for me. I think his day end was bad, but I think yours was worse and I don't think you and Fandorin are scummates. Maybe you should read more carefully before jumping to conclusions. Sure, my read on LP is a big ol' nothing but what the fuck do you expect it to be when every player in that slot has done fuck all?

I did mention my thoughts on Faddy today:
Meh, I misread you then. Didn't think your Scum Read of me was that strong to push Fandorin completely out of being Scum Read. :/

So when I flip Town where does that put you?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to vote Fandorin, but Faddy is not being his standard bulldoggy self. Mostly defense and lashing out there. The Faddy train is attractive but I'll need to ISO him as a gutcheck.

It's funny that Flux, Fran, and Fanto are all levels of town-confirmed and Faddy and Fandorin are prime suspects.

I had no result last night. I checked Sorian. Might be a roleblocker out there.
are you fucking kidding me
NveV.gif

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Yeah, makes sense. I'm sure Dr. Monkey will love to hear that you weren't able to get info on Sorian lol.

When you get a chance I'd definitely like to see where your reads are at here today.

I'm trting to catch up I just slept like 17 hours

Yeah, figured you'd say something like that. Kinda worrying.

So when you survive into D4, do you figure you'll be able to get us something new to work with?

I mean, if there is a RB, they're bound to be X-shot. So probably. Unless I die.

Would you be willing to claim all the way at this point? What kind of result did you get that was no result?

I got a message saying only that I didn't receive a result for my action.

I'm not going to claim all the way because I don't want to give away how many shots I may or may not have. Not really surprised I was targeted, but I was afraid I would be the night kill, tbh. So I'm kind of surprised there.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if there is a RB, they're bound to be X-shot. So probably. Unless I die.
Fine. I was thinking of a different take on a "role blocker" (someone being able to nullify any action taken on someone else), but the typical "role blocker" preventing a town PR from doing something is likely. Sure. And you'd be the likely target.

I hope we flip this scum PR, if there is one, today. Man that'd be good.
We might all be town. I still think Fandorin is town and most people think Flux is town.
Your avatar is of a "D," showing the differing allegiance.

It's too bad.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Who are you considering a suspect besides Brazil?

I would kill Sawneeks, Zeke, Lone_Prodigy and Kyanrute.

I still think there are questions for AB and Flux to answer but they aren't my top scum reads today.

I was thinking about Rac too. There really isn't a lot there to be honest and he has been quite defensive imo.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Gonna wrap up some thoughts the best I can. Been having trouble focusing today so apologies.

Claims so far we've had:
Fantomas - Mason
Fran - Town Backup, inherited Stan's Override, used it to kill Turmoil.
Pirate Bae - Cop claim with green check on Ketkat.
FluxWaveZ - X-Shot Commuter.
CeeCee - 1-Shot DayVig (Shot Stan)
TheChuggernaut - 1-Shot Bulletproof

- No one has counterclaimed Fantomas so I believe him
- Fran I believe due to the timing of his claim and seeing that a Scum Back-up existed so I highly doubt Scum had 2 Back-ups
- Bae I echo that I would like to know what she did last Night but no one counterclaimed her check so I believe her as well. (so by extension I also trust Ket)
- Flux I believe due to Turmoil's Scum flip. Doubt that was a Scum 1 v 1
- CeeCee I GUESS is Town. Or he's Neutral. Still dislike the shot and how he keeps slowly parsing out information. :/
- Chuggs is the only claim i'm hesitant on and I'm going to expand on that.

Chuggs and I have been using our chat a bit here and there. I'm extremely hesitant to use it too much as the last time I used a potential mixed-alignment chat it ended up very, very badly for me ( Kyanrute >.> ) and I told Chuggs this. Still, despite this I've....been kinda won over by him. My question to Kyan about his lack of vote was actually born from talking to Chuggs and it was him pointing that out that drew my attention to it. We've also been discussing the Modifiers and the information suggested in Turmoil's role which Chuggs brings up to Flux here:
You sure? The wording of Turmoils PM kind of implies we might.
Of course, he later back away from it but it suggests to me that he was thinking about it and our discussion. Scum knows what they actually have and therefore have no reason to speculate, especially unprompted from an entirely separate discussion not in this thread. To me that says he was still working it out in his head, something I don't see Scum doing.
Ah, I see what you mean. I just misread the PM. Yeah, you might be right then.

However, taking all claims so far at face value leaves Chuggs (and by extension Flux as well, but Flux's circumstances I see as Townie moreso than not) as the odd man out. Fanto referenced that cabot felt we had a strong Town in terms of PR and I frankly agree. We've only seen 1 NK per Night so far and considering what we seem to have as Town that doesn't add up. I would expect much more killing power than what has been shown so far. If Scum ONLY have one NK then...why do we have a 1-shot BP and an x-shot Commuter?

I have a theory that Scum gains powers depending on the Modifier we 'travel' to but I have nothing to back that up other than an apparently Strong Town and weak Scum as well as small hints in Turmoil's Role PM. If this is the case then I see why we have those 2 protection roles. If this is not the case and we continue on without multiple NKs then I would lean more and more to distrusting Chuggs. However, outside of the mechanics speculation from what I have seen of him here and in our chat I frankly think he is more likely to be Town.

Outside of that I agree with the points made regarding Malus. I think his chart the other Day was fairly odd and his choice to go with Pirate Bae over the other, more highly scum read people even weirder as well. Using that chart as reference for his vote removes all choice out of his hands as he went with what other people said and how they ranked everyone. As I mentioned before as well I think him falling into this Phase 'being a little lost' is also very odd if he was Town considering we just flipped Scum in a rather crazy Day End.

Faddy has been a topic of discussion so far too but I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I do think his shifted read of me is odd and is rather weak coming from him, someone I feel always has much better, well thought out reads than what he has shown so far. Do still need to read over the buzz around him today though.

Brazil is another one that has a lot of noise today that I'm not sure I understand or agree with. Like the Faddy arguments I just kinda glossed over much of them and need to actually give them a proper read but my initial gut response is that Fandorin and Brazil can't both be Scum. Why, I don't know - ask my gut. I don't think Brazil's strong push for Flux over Turmoil means he is Scum, it's too obvious (and before you say Fandorin/Turmoil is obvious not everyone even sees it). The little bits I've seen from him today also haven't really rung any alarms either.

Outside of the Scum reads I do feel far more strongly about Sorian, Natiko, and AB being Town. AB for the aforementioned post about Turmoil, Natiko for his work today with various ISOs even if I disagree with his conclusions, and Sorian for his work around Day End yesterday with Flux. I also still feel good about Monkey and Kyaa, though neither of them have done anything recently to shift my opinion of them one way or another.

Aaand I think that's it? Gonna go have lunch and maybe read over Brazil/Faddy.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not shocking, explains why you may not have been killed. :/
I'm out with a friend and she asked me if I got bad news. -.-
I laughed at this though

I still think there are questions for AB and Flux to answer but they aren't my top scum reads today.

I was thinking about Rac too. There really isn't a lot there to be honest and he has been quite defensive imo.
"I would kill Sawneeks, Zeke, Lone_Prodigy and Kyanrute."

"I was thinking about Rac too. There really isn't a lot there to be honest and he has been quite defensive imo."

:thinkingemoji:

Why Zeke and Kyan? And how is LP a lock but not rac?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have him as a lean town. He was one of my top town reads throughout the beginning of the game. I think his day end yesterday looks bad, but that doesn't change that before that I thought his play was solid and that I think there's merit to the fact that turmoil voted Stan instead of Brazil while appearing on Brazil's kill list. If they're scummates he never had need to fear anyways. I know Sorian pointed it that the kill went to Brazil anyways but unless you believe CeeCee is also scum it wasn't intended on scum's part and shouldn't be taken into consideration when evaluating actions at that time.

No one cares about the fact that chance put the leadership role into Brazil's hands in terms of the read on him. The issue is that turmoil was on the campaign promise list and then was never followed up on once Brazil was glorious leader. It's a whatever point at the time considering most didn't seem to care about turmoil but it's a bigger deal knowing he's scum.

Yeah, makes sense. I'm sure Dr. Monkey will love to hear that you weren't able to get info on Sorian lol.

When you get a chance I'd definitely like to see where your reads are at here today.

I'm out with a friend and she asked me if I got bad news. -.-

980x.gif

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I can tell you a lot about brain surgeries. I don't think that discussion would be worth that much at all to anyone. Not all contributions to an meaningful topic are worth mentions.
Interesting.

Feel free to ask. We have plenty of time left in the phase.

I'm about to eat dinner and spent a lot of the day catching up with a friend, but I will be around this evening I think. On mobile the next few hours.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

I'd rather see the Fandorin flip before the Saw flip because there are plenty of others scum reading him, especially people on the Towner side of things, and it will give us info on Saw too.

Zeke, not today at all. Zubz I have good thoughts about overall, Zeke is being Zeke, nothing concerning.

LP doing vote analysis is NAI to me.

Kyan, probably the one I feel weirdest about, but I wouldn't be interested there today I don't think.

AB I'm town reading, Flux is Town to me.

Rac is my chat partner, he's not someone I would be interested in killing before I get to spend a night with him on our boat.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see the Fandorin flip before the Saw flip because there are plenty of others scum reading him, especially people on the Towner side of things, and it will give us info on Saw too.

Zeke, not today at all. Zubz I have good thoughts about overall, Zeke is being Zeke, nothing concerning.

LP doing vote analysis is NAI to me.

Kyan, probably the one I feel weirdest about, but I wouldn't be interested there today I don't think.

AB I'm town reading, Flux is Town to me.

Rac is my chat partner, he's not someone I would be interested in killing before I get to spend a night with him on our boat.

Speaking of, is rac more active in there than out here?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto referenced that cabot felt we had a strong Town in terms of PR and I frankly agree. We've only seen 1 NK per Night so far and considering what we seem to have as Town that doesn't add up. I would expect much more killing power than what has been shown so far. If Scum ONLY have one NK then...why do we have a 1-shot BP and an x-shot Commuter?

I have a theory that Scum gains powers depending on the Modifier we 'travel' to but I have nothing to back that up other than an apparently Strong Town and weak Scum as well as small hints in Turmoil's Role PM. If this is the case then I see why we have those 2 protection roles. If this is not the case and we continue on without multiple NKs then I would lean more and more to distrusting Chuggs. However, outside of the mechanics speculation from what I have seen of him here and in our chat I frankly think he is more likely to be Town.
That is quite the theory, yeah. Huh. I don't know if I want to go down that rabbit hole right now, but it is something to keep in mind, yeah. What are the hints in Turmoil's Role PM, I'm guessing you're talking about the redacted parts of his role?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Not shocking, explains why you may not have been killed. :/

I laughed at this though

"I would kill Sawneeks, Zeke, Lone_Prodigy and Kyanrute."

"I was thinking about Rac too. There really isn't a lot there to be honest and he has been quite defensive imo."

:thinkingemoji:

Why Zeke and Kyan? And how is LP a lock but not rac?

LP is a lock because how else can you read 2 people replacing out without posting as anything but scum.

Rac has done more but not a lot. I liked a few of his posts on Brazil earlier in the game even if they felt a bit partnery. I would flip Brazil first and see where that goes. Rac is empty calories of posts where as L_P is starvation.

Kyan I don't like particularly for the eod yesterday and his insistence on killing Flux.
Zeke is just a contiuation of Zubz being nowhere really in this game. Apart from his vote on Turmoil and Turmoils' vote on him. I don't see why Turmoil would do it. And I don't like Zeke opening up with a vote on CeeCee. It is so try hard. It reeks of scum trying to inject themselves into the game.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LP is a lock because how else can you read 2 people replacing out without posting as anything but scum.

Rac has done more but not a lot. I liked a few of his posts on Brazil earlier in the game even if they felt a bit partnery. I would flip Brazil first and see where that goes. Rac is empty calories of posts where as L_P is starvation.

Kyan I don't like particularly for the eod yesterday and his insistence on killing Flux.
Zeke is just a contiuation of Zubz being nowhere really in this game. Apart from his vote on Turmoil and Turmoils' vote on him. I don't see why Turmoil would do it. And I don't like Zeke opening up with a vote on CeeCee. It is so try hard. It reeks of scum trying to inject themselves into the game.

You're.....joking, right?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.

Feel free to ask. We have plenty of time left in the phase.

I'm about to eat dinner and spent a lot of the day catching up with a friend, but I will be around this evening I think. On mobile the next few hours.

When exactly did you decide you were voting Turmoil? Because looking at your posts you seemed undecided and giving a running commentary of the situation rather than taking a solid stance.

Why did you vote for Fran? Was the plan to force him to use the override? Looking at the situation now do you think Fran using it was a good thing?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Kawl -> Nin -> LP and none of them posted shit? In my experience, NAI.

Kawl we mislynched in GoT for disappearing (I believe his slot was basically the same as this, nothing but inactive), he was Town.

Nin got mislynched in Brexit for ghosting out.

LP is a meme.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's not really how it really works. People have to sub out for any number of reasons, and it has nothing to do with whether they're town or scum. If the inactivity is a problem, then that's one thing, but replacements are pretty NAI.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let me go deep in my bag of reads for Absent Kawl is Scum Kawl. So yeah a scum lean on an player of no note is someone who I wouldn't mind lynching.

I have whiplash from you calling it a lock to now just a "scum lean I wouldn't mind lynching"

What are you even doing Faddy?

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy and Brazil are bad hombres for reasons many have already covered.

Saw is wishy, washy, buddy, and not as bossy as town!Saw.

Malus is giving me bad vibes.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
And I don't like Zeke opening up with a vote on CeeCee. It is so try hard. It reeks of scum trying to inject themselves into the game.
This is........,I guess the word is weak......or odd wording?

If I wanted to inject myself into the game I could've just wasted time with modifier talk or something.