• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Reading back on malus, there's one main thing that makes me feel slightly better about him:

I didn't expect my meager 6 posts to garner this much attention. I feel better about Fantomas now, since he has made some good posts and has put in some work, which is the Fantomas I know.
Terraforce is in a similar camp for me. To me he often comes across as a bit confrontational, but he was like that in all games I've seen him in, so I'm not holding it against him.
A little while after getting in an altercation with Fantomas and Terra over the SSM leader vote, he came back to the thread and said that they were now townreading both of them (albeit in a kinda generic way). It's possible that he did that in an effort to disarm the whole argument (that not many followed him into), but this is still a good look because, obviously, now we know that both Terra and Fanto are town.

The thing that makes me still hang on to the scumread, though, is that he seemed to go back and forth on CeeCee multiple times, sometimes even within the same post:

Not sure how I feel about a CeeCee lynch. This whole thing stinks of "not-town", but if it's a town power it could still be useful. In my experience postponing a lynch of a suspicious player to the next day to see how scum reacts backfires more often than not however.
Seems not town. If it's town, it could be useful. But postponing a lynch like that usually backfires.

Then, when the thread moved in the direction of believing that CeeCee is town:

Let's say CeeCee is scum: What has he gained from announcing the kill? While he was a top contender for the lynch, I don't think it was set in stone yet and he could have killed someone anyway and possibly have stayed hidden. With the situation now, he is so much in the spotlight, that any wrong move will get him lynched. So at most he will get one more day kill that isn't sanctioned by the mob. If he had killed secretly and someone else I think he could have sparked a completely different discussion, without going into the spotlight himself.

Let's say CeeCee is neutral: The win condition would probably be to kill a set amount of people, or one specific player. Again he will only be able to get one unsanctioned shot, so his best bet in that case would be to follow the consensus. Mafia would definitely not want to keep such a role around making his play again very bad. Similar to the scum case, he would have been much better off shooting secretly and probably somebody else.

While there would definitely have been better plays as town, it really is the only way I see this making any sense at all.
But then he starts to think that CeeCee is "probably neutral":

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced CeeCee is not scum. Probably neutral, but I don't see a scum team doing what he did. If CeeCee knew Stan was town it would be clear that shooting him would not save him from being lynched. And with that we are again in "would scum do something so scummy to look less scum?" territory.

I would suggest we keep him around so he can use his kill shot at day end tomorrow on the top voted target. That way we get essentially two lynches per day. If he kills anyone else we just lynch him immediately. If he is really town, scum will probably kill him tonight anyway.
And finally, a read that could go in three different directions:

CeeCee: With the new revelations on his role he could honestly fall on both sides for me. For now I'm more leaning town because I can't come up with a reason why scum would do that, but then that might also have been the plan all along.
He waffles around on every single read in the list from which this last quote is pulled from. I do agree that D1 was a mess in terms of actual information, but that still stuck out to me because those reads are all kinda empty.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE how's it going with your chat partner LP? I'm guessing it's just like when me and you shared a night chat in Brexit right, he's probably talking up a storm in there!

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

faddy (3 votes)
fantomas - #2,985
fluxwavez - #2,996
ceecee - #3,163

fandorin (2 votes)
sawneeks - #2,964
thechuggernaut - #3,097

ezekelrage (1 votes)
blargonaut - #3,152

brazil (1 votes)
faddy - #3,289

malus (1 votes)
brazil - #3,017

ceecee (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #2,961

lone_prodigy (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,114 #3,142
dr. monkey - #3,209

zubz (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,105 #3,152

pirate bae (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,142 #3,209

Post Counts:
fantomas: 39 fran: 37 blargonaut: 35 dr. monkey: 32 fluxwavez: 27 sorian: 26 brazil: 18 ezekelrage: 18 thechuggernaut: 14 sawneeks: 14 rac: 13 faddy: 12 natiko: 12 kyanrute: 11 fandorin: 9 ceecee: 7 absolutbro: 7 grizzly: 5 malus: 4 pirate bae: 3 fireblend: 3 ketkat: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ou know, since this is the first day with normal voting, I think everyone should be posting some reads, or at least a scum/town breakdown if not full text reads or even reads on some players. I don't care if you need to reassess. Reassess. But it'll be a lot easier to find some direction if we all take some kind of a stand here.
Alright.

Town
  1. Fran
  2. Fantomas
Probably Town
  1. Pirate Bae
  2. KetKat
Leaning Town
  1. Sawneeks
  2. Dr. Monkey
  3. AbsolutBro
Leaning Scum
  1. Fandorin
  2. Faddy

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
You did say that you think that was the most likely option, it's in the bit I quoted.

You are arguing this wrong. Just because something happened does not mean that your explanation explains the reasons behind the happened. And the plan you think the meanies followed is a terrible one.
Your first sentence and the first couple of the next paragraph are sort of what I'm getting at. Of the options I presented, of the options I can think of, that first one is the most likely. That doesn't mean it is a likely thing that happened, just the most likely I can think of. Regardless to this:

You yourself said it yesterday in the first reaction to the glorious grand scum play: being a PR does not equal being scum. So if the first reaction upon hearing the claim can get that the plan is a terrible one, why would scum go for that? Especially since you, in your posts, seem to assume this plan was agreed upon or at least slightly discussed about.
I can't tell you why it happened, only that "turmoil decided to try to get people to lynch Flux by calling him out as a PR" is what happened. Look at the posts. I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. As to, "why would the scum team go forward with this?" I even said in my first post you quoted:

that would require full coordination among the scum team, which we all know doesn't 100% happen.
Turmoil could have decided on his own, with or without the scum team's blessing. In the end, here's what we know: Turmoil went with that plan. Turmoil was scum.

What are you even arguing here?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I got that reference
you're doing it wrong. this is captainamerica.gif material. I am disappoint.

Would love the explanation for why these are the top two reads. Sorian I can understand, Kyan though?
I think Kyan is really sharp and an underrated player. I do not scumread him so far so I'm defaulting him to town. The lack of vote yesterday is troubling but if it's going to happen in any phase, it would be that one. I think his lack of vote is less suspect than some early lock votes. I am keeping an eye on him today, though, to see how he moves when things really start to matter. Sorian I just feel good about in our boat. He's very forthcoming and while we don't agree on everything, his wheels are turning in ways I can appreciate.

I expect he's actually scum or neutral and this will backfire on me, of course.

My scum reads are somewhat conditional.
I don't think both Brazil and Fandorin are scum. I lean more scum on Fandorin right now. I can see the arguments that Brazil could have an agenda and his hammering on Flux, regardless of the timing, looks bad, but as I said before, I don't expect open wolfing there. I find Fandorin surface and changeable. I will respond to his defenses in a bit, but I think he's more likely scum between the two.

The opposite of Kyan is Chuggernaut. I have no reason to townread him and if we do want to talk mechanics, I see no reason for a BP in this game at this time unless it's scum, but that aside, I just don't see any forward motion there. I think his votes, for what they're worth, have also been sketchy.

I think do-nothing LP is scum. When I've been in games with LP and he's doing something, he's been town. I also think do-nothing Kawl tends to be scum, so this Kawl-nin-LP sandwich reads scum to me.

I suspect Febe might be town but I'm not sure, so I didn't put him in my reads above. Same for Zeke and AB. Jury's out on those three for me but of the three, I'd rank them Febe - Zeke - AB from town to scum potential.

Faddy, rac, and malus I'm hoping to sort in my head today.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So why did you shoot Terra? And why did you want Flux dead?
You've been obsessing over me since D1 now, so I'm gonna pass on the chance to explain stuff I've already explained multiple times over to someone who surely has already read all of my posts.

And if Turmoil has already talked about claiming I don't see the stuff on day 2 mattering at all. Especially the KetKat thing if you wanted to get her lynched yesterday and eventually getting Turmoil town credit.
I did not want to get Ketkat lynched. That's literally the opposite of what that post says.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
"Why would I try to save my scum mate in a 1 for 1 situation." Why would I try to save my scum mate if I knew that saving him would backfire because I would know, as scum, that Flux is a PR.

rac, why do you assume scum knew Flux was a PR?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
EzekelRAGE how's it going with your chat partner LP? I'm guessing it's just like when me and you shared a night chat in Brexit right, he's probably talking up a storm in there!
Gonna be honest. We bought these tickets to this love cruise because we thought it would be a good idea to work on our relationship. So I've been trying to work on our issues but have only gotten the cold shoulder.(currently 10 posts in the chat, 1 from bear, 9 from me)

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
You've been obsessing over me since D1 now, so I'm gonna pass on the chance to explain stuff I've already explained multiple times over to someone who surely has already read all of my posts.

I did not want to get Ketkat lynched. That's literally the opposite of what that post says.

So you were town reading ketkat but scum reading people who were town reading ketkat?

rac

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if we are speaking technicalities we can theorize about a cool game where it is possible to wipe out the entire scum team with a single correct vote. But I don't think that was your point. Do please explain the point, because I don't think I am getting it.
1. flux gets lynched flips town
2. turmoil gets lynched flips scum
3. i get lynched

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Your first sentence and the first couple of the next paragraph are sort of what I'm getting at. Of the options I presented, of the options I can think of, that first one is the most likely. That doesn't mean it is a likely thing that happened, just the most likely I can think of. Regardless to this:

I can't tell you why it happened, only that "turmoil decided to try to get people to lynch Flux by calling him out as a PR" is what happened. Look at the posts. I'm not sure why this is even a discussion. As to, "why would the scum team go forward with this?" I even said in my first post you quoted:

Turmoil could have decided on his own, with or without the scum team's blessing. In the end, here's what we know: Turmoil went with that plan. Turmoil was scum.

What are you even arguing here?

I guess my argument is: why post such filler? I was trying to get into your mindset when you wrote the 1st post, cuz I wasn't getting there from just reading that post. And I am still not getting why was that post worth writing. Why was it a thing worth thinking about. Don't think it was a nth-level shitpost masquerading as a serious post either, was it?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So you were town reading ketkat but scum reading people who were town reading ketkat?
Once again, I've already explained this multiple times. How can you possibly feel justified in suspecting me that much for three phases without paying attention to my posts? Jesus, Faddy.

Let's walk through it:

You were openly defending Ketkat because you knew she was town, contradicting multiple players who strongly believed that she was scum.

malus, turmoil and Flux came in and said that they didn't believe Ketkat was scum simply because it seemed to easy and there was no pushback against that lynch. They lied - you were staunchly defending her. That's a bullshit reason to townread her.

Usually, when someone comes up with a bullshit reason to townread someone, they're scum. If a townie is getting pushed hard, it's pretty easy for scum to distance themselves from that inevitable mislynch by claiming they townread said townie. And sometimes scum doesn't put in the effort to draw a townread that feels natural.

Does this make sense? How do you feel about those three with this in mind?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my argument is: why post such filler? I was trying to get into your mindset when you wrote the 1st post, cuz I wasn't getting there from just reading that post. And I am still not getting why was that post worth writing. Why was it a thing worth thinking about. Don't think it was a nth-level shitpost masquerading as a serious post either, was it?
Because people were trying to figure out the Turmoil/Flux play? It was weird, how is that not worth discussion?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ok, I noticed that Ragnar won't look us in the eyes since his fight with Mojojojo. He also whimpers anytime Mojojojo is in a room with him. As a peace offering and to show that I'm serious about this relationship, how about I take Ragnar to Dr. Lipschitz? He's the world's leading dog whisperer. He helped the leading dogs on cujo and man's best friend to return to normal life after playing dogs in horror movies. He also helped the Taco Bell dog deal with life after Taco Bell changed their ad campaign. He has a good resume.

I'm willing to do this for you.
===============
Those are the type of posts I'm making

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my Fireblend ISO. Honestly was surprised at how little I took away despite the number of posts he has (it's certainly more than my brain thought he had). I'm feeling okay here. Enough so that I don't think I'd put my focus here today. There's a couple interesting bits around Monkey and malus that I could see becoming relevant if either one of them were to flip scum. Generally he talks a decent amount, but he doesn't share a ton reads wise unless pushed by someone else. He was on turmoil and was in agreement that the voters on Stan that were on Brazil's kill list could be suspect (which included turmoil) and he voted turmoil so I think he's okay. Also Dr. Monkey once I finish my final ISO (malus) and look over day end again I'll update my reads list.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, I've already explained this multiple times. How can you possibly feel justified in suspecting me that much for three phases without paying attention to my posts? Jesus, Faddy.

I'm talking sepcifically about your interactions with Turmoil here.

The fact you were scum reading ketkat, she was on your iso list. And then scum reading the people who were town reading her for making wrong arguments. The fact that Turmoil happens to be one of those people is rather incidental here.

If Ketkat gets lynched then Turmoil is going to get town credit.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm talking sepcifically about your interactions with Turmoil here.

The fact you were scum reading ketkat, she was on your iso list. And then scum reading the people who were town reading her for making wrong arguments. The fact that Turmoil happens to be one of those people is rather incidental here.
turmoil did that and I called him out for it. What's "incidental" about that? Are you saying that "that doesn't count" because turmoil was grouped up with other people in my accusation?

If Ketkat gets lynched then Turmoil is going to get town credit.
Which is precisely the point of my accusation. He reached for some cheap town credit with a bullshit townread that didn't make sense. Why are you telling me that?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright.

Town
  1. Fran
  2. Fantomas
Probably Town
  1. Pirate Bae
  2. KetKat
Leaning Town
  1. Sawneeks
  2. Dr. Monkey
  3. AbsolutBro
Leaning Scum
  1. Fandorin
  2. Faddy

I'm surprised I'm nowhere on your lists after I pushed so hard to lynch you yesterday before the last minute claim nonsense.

——

I didn't grab any other quotes but I'm making another post now just to have organized reads out there. I will echo the sentiment that I want to hear what's going on in Brazil and Fandorin 's boat. I think one of you is scum and I want to know how your reads on each other are developing based on what's up in there.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I didn't grab any other quotes but I'm making another post now just to have organized reads out there. I will echo the sentiment that I want to hear what's going on in Brazil and Fandorin 's boat. I think one of you is scum and I want to know how your reads on each other are developing based on what's up in there.
We haven't had time to talk much in there yet. I've told Fandorin that my positive read of him deteriorated a bit with his reaction to Bae's claim, but I'm not ready to jump into that train yet.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fran and Flux are lock town in my opinion, think I've made both reasons obvious there. Realized I forgot Fantomas, he's here too.

I'm putting Ket into a category just mildly below lock town. I've been thinking about it and she can't be scum unless she is specifically a godfather or some other switch fuckery happened. There's two scenarios here, either Bae is telling the truth in which case she green checked Ket somehow or Bar is scum, in which case I believe she would have still given a real check because, again, tying two scummates together for no reason. Why?

Next below this still in town world via roles is Bae and CeeCee. I believe both these claims on their face and don't have more to say here.

In the actual town reads category, I have Blarg who I've talked about. Monkey who I haven't really talked about as much but it's obvious to me she's town. The doubt on what I am is real and scum has no reason to bother worrying about my alignment. I think I still put Natiko here. I didn't like his first defense on Fando but the rest of his posts today and in earlier day phases were great. I would probably look hard at him if Fando is scum though.

As far as scum goes, I'm worried about Faddy and Brazil based on how they handled day end. I'm worried about Fireblend more as a hunch if anything but he's had some very good posts intermingled with a whole lot of nothing and it's pinging as looking busy. He's now gone for awhile so I don't know what to do with that but I'm curious what he comes back with. I'm not watching Zeke pretty much only because Blarg is watching Zeke and sometimes it's best to give yourself over to Blarg sometimes though I will say Zeke is definitely playing as himself here, no doubt about that. I'm also following these rac posts with interest as there is some weird stuff. I'm also following the Fando posts and as I said, I think one of him and Brazil are scum. There's good cases against both but I don't think they are scum together.

Everyone else I didn't mention, I have light leans on that I could quantify if anyone cares that much but it's not enough that I would push or protect them.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm also following the Fando posts and as I said, I think one of him and Brazil are scum. There's good cases against both but I don't think they are scum together.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to see this good case that can be made against me first. But what's up with this "I don't think they are scum together" link? That's the first I've heard of it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm gonna have to see this good case that can be made against me first. But what's up with this "I don't think they are scum together" link? That's the first I've heard of it.
Monkey was just mentioning the same thing above in her reads:
I don't think both Brazil and Fandorin are scum. I lean more scum on Fandorin right now. I can see the arguments that Brazil could have an agenda and his hammering on Flux, regardless of the timing, looks bad, but as I said before, I don't expect open wolfing there. I find Fandorin surface and changeable. I will respond to his defenses in a bit, but I think he's more likely scum between the two.
And tbh that's basically my take too.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, had a busy weekend.

Quick analysis of the D2 votes since we got scum there:

-Pirate Bae and Flux had 3 votes each so they were likely the alternate wagons for scum. That's CeeCee, Malus, Fando, Faddy, Sorian, and Flux(?) Would remove Flux from this list as it's a self-vote. These 5 are all suspicious.
-Turmoil voted for Zubz/Zeke, and they voted for turmoil, so town.
-Turmoil voters: Fran and Zubz/Zeke are town, Fire and Bae, maybe. Chugg, Monkey, Natiko, and Saw, as the final four votes, might be bus votes since no one else got more than 3 votes. Likely scum there.
-Bonus: AB voting for Fran because he didn't believe the claim? Weird but okay.
-That's 9 players I'll be taking a closer look at.

Will go over the posts next.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I thought I said that here too but maybe it was just in my boat. You two legitimately looked like you were trying to solve each other yesterday. I don't think both of our are faking it. Either you are both town or it's a mix scum/town situation.

As far as the case against you, I'll just quote myself again since I literally just typed a thing on you in my chat since I think your defense fell flat:

"I was reading Brazil's defense of himself and that part where he points out that turmoil was on his kill list for leader sticks out to me. I nodded along at first because it sounds good that turmoil voted Stanley because he knew Brazil would probably kill him but actually thinking about it and that's a wild thing to defend yourself with. Brazil still ended up leader and turmoil never really came up in his deliberations once it happened. His whole defense doesn't say a whole lot to me."

To add more though, like I said, I don't think you really come out of day end looking to hot. I don't expect you to move you vote obviously since no one could but you were campaigning hard for Flux to flip instead. It's not an easy thing to just say "well why would I do that if turmoil dies the next day" because that isn't the clear conclusion. turmoil was in deep on that gambit and Flux was being so unhelpful that it was unclear if he was telling the truth or not, there was still a chance Flux flips vanilla there then suddenly turmoil is possibly off the hook, he's at least not today's auto lynch.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised I'm nowhere on your lists after I pushed so hard to lynch you yesterday before the last minute claim nonsense.
Yours is basically the same read I've had all game, which is squarely in the middle. Also influenced by other people who don't know where to place you. You're asking questions, scum hunting, and being active and all that good stuff, but there are also so many uncertain vibes about you that I'm certainly not gonna straight town read. Dr. Monkey saying she has a good feeling from you from your chat makes me feel slightly better.

Your push to lynch me was whatever, I'm not gonna just OMGUS because someone wanted me dead yesterday. I can understand why. And you were at least not immediately calling for my head and were looking for an elaboration as to why I said turmoil was lying. If I was going to be thinking like that, Brazil would easily be my priority over you (and I am suspicious of him because of how things went down).

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Sorian's post covered that. Guess Monkey agreed with that on the boat and didn't elaborate on the thread.

Oct 25, 2017
I see where people are coming from with Brazil, but I just don't see him bussing Turmoil like that on day 1 and Turmoil seeming to be scared to vote for him. Brazil is a good player, so I could see it happening, but I'm leaning town on him for now. If he's still kicking around late game and we haven't hit scum in a while, I'll revisit it, but I'm not interested in voting for him at the moment.

Someone else mentioned it, but Zubz going after Turmoil and Zeke playing like Zeke is making me feel better about that slot. So I'm probably going to avoid following Zeke into the Flux tunnel, but I'll also most avoid voting for him for now.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning, gonna try and catch up a bit before work.

We haven't had time to talk much in there yet. I've told Fandorin that my positive read of him deteriorated a bit with his reaction to Bae's claim, but I'm not ready to jump into that train yet.
You have to sacrifice your brother to the greater good, it's the only way

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, malus doesn't have as many posts but boy did they stand out:

Okay, finally caught up as best as I could.

First about the leader, I think monkey made a good point about that. Electing someone that is already a natural leader won't give us that much information since they will have an easy time justifying their decision. On the other hand I don't want a total pushover that will just follow the majority blindly since that makes it easy to hide. It could also be interesting to elect a fairly new player, since an experienced player could easily fake their behavior as leader.

I would also like to point out the vote by ShadowSwordMaster. He is new to the game and goes directly to vote for Terraforce without any reasoning. As a new player I'd expect him to first watch a bit to see what's going on and all. I don't want to call it a collusion with Terra just yet, but it does give me a weird feeling in that direction. Also so far Fantomas hasn't really convinced me otherwise.

Sophia was my top scum read before she dropped out mainly based on her interaction with FluxWaveZ and flip flopping on the Blargonaut affair.

But why did SSW vote you in his first post and without any reasoning? It doesn't make sense to me. Especially for a new player. And why would a vote at day end be more suspicious? At that point we would have more information and everyone would have made up their mind. A vote without information seems to be much more suspect to me.

We can still use the vote tool even if the votes don't actually count.

If we decide on a pool of candidates everyone should make their case on who should or shouldn't be in this pool, so everyone has to share their reads anyway. I'm really not a fan of having the leader choose the target without restriction, because it takes all agency away from the other players.

No, I don't think that. I just fear that if we let the leader do his thing there is no risk for scum to bus each other. If there are no consequences for your reads, just throw shade everywhere so you can later say "see I said it there first" when one of them should flip.

Well there is the vote out of nowhere. It's not much but why would anyone (especially a new player) come into the game with a random vote? It just seems weird to me.

Sure, but that's no reason to dismiss it entirely.

I didn't expect my meager 6 posts to garner this much attention. I feel better about Fantomas now, since he has made some good posts and has put in some work, which is the Fantomas I know.
Terraforce is in a similar camp for me. To me he often comes across as a bit confrontational, but he was like that in all games I've seen him in, so I'm not holding it against him.

Sorian must be very good at reading people if he can see a pattern in my Day 1 play from the one Day 1 I actually played, but then I guess most people are mostly nothing on D1 anyway.

Your only posts are advocating a vote for you as leader and some stuff about Blarg being Blarg. I wouldn't call that making a case.
The above series of posts is malus's opening to the game. Right out of the gate he jumps out with concern over Terra/Fanto due to the SSM vote on Terra for leader. He doesn't just give it a passing comment though - he actually spends nearly all of his posts at least partially arguing this point. Then after he starts catching more flak for it you see a complete 180 when he returns to the thread. It's early though and he professes to not be good at reads - sure.

Not sure how I feel about a CeeCee lynch. This whole thing stinks of "not-town", but if it's a town power it could still be useful. In my experience postponing a lynch of a suspicious player to the next day to see how scum reacts backfires more often than not however.

I don't know why anyone would just blindly shoot the leader before claiming to be honest.

We had agreed he would shoot near day end, which is still 12 hours away, so he wasn't going to shoot you out of the blue (I hope).
Brazil talked about this some already, but I thought it still deserved a mention. He starts out clearly against CeeCee in the above posts.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced CeeCee is not scum. Probably neutral, but I don't see a scum team doing what he did. If CeeCee knew Stan was town it would be clear that shooting him would not save him from being lynched. And with that we are again in "would scum do something so scummy to look less scum?" territory.

I would suggest we keep him around so he can use his kill shot at day end tomorrow on the top voted target. That way we get essentially two lynches per day. If he kills anyone else we just lynch him immediately. If he is really town, scum will probably kill him tonight anyway.
Now he has progressed to CeeCee being neutral.

Let's say CeeCee is scum: What has he gained from announcing the kill? While he was a top contender for the lynch, I don't think it was set in stone yet and he could have killed someone anyway and possibly have stayed hidden. With the situation now, he is so much in the spotlight, that any wrong move will get him lynched. So at most he will get one more day kill that isn't sanctioned by the mob. If he had killed secretly and someone else I think he could have sparked a completely different discussion, without going into the spotlight himself.

Let's say CeeCee is neutral: The win condition would probably be to kill a set amount of people, or one specific player. Again he will only be able to get one unsanctioned shot, so his best bet in that case would be to follow the consensus. Mafia would definitely not want to keep such a role around making his play again very bad. Similar to the scum case, he would have been much better off shooting secretly and probably somebody else.

While there would definitely have been better plays as town, it really is the only way I see this making any sense at all.
Now it only makes sense as town?

Sure, and Scum Vigs exist as well I assume. I don't believe CeeCee is scum, but in the off chance he is, you're just giving him a free pass to kill whoever, and it won't be scum.
More town for CeeCee

That's my kind of modifier.

Honestly this post makes me want to lynch CeeCee. He shot a town member in cold blood, and now that it's time to prove he's town he's suddenly unable to shoot. I guess an odd day vigilante could make sense, but still I wouldn't be surprised if he finds some other excuse in the next day phase to not have to shoot someone (Probably that he's actually 1-shot or something).

I'm not sure how one town BP would much improve a day vigilante. With that many players it seem unlikely he would hit that one. A town vig is not necessarily bad for scum, since the chance he hits town are still pretty high. Makes me question a bit why he didn't bring this up yesterday, when it was still a hot topic, but I guess he didn't have much pressure on himself then to claim and he also says he still leans town CeeCee so I wouldn't particularly scum read this quote just yet.

Seems kind of strange to mention what you "should" do as scum to then say you did something different. Reads to me like "Scum would do this. I didn't do this therefore I can't be scum". But why even mention this at all if you're talking about yourself? Gives me a bit of a strange feeling about Fireblend.

Fran comes off as town to me today. He sounded pretty confident to have proven himself until Sorian brought up the idea of a scum universal backup. I guess if he's really an overrider now there's not much we can do about it today anyway.

Just as a side note, with Terra flipping vanilla my point from last day phase about SSWs vote is now void, which makes me feel much better about Fantomas.
But now on D2 he is okay with killing CeeCee..

I don't see why a neutral would only have one shot or be restricted in his shots unless it's some strange win condition. I still think scum!CeeCee is unlikely but if he can't shoot next day phase and doesn't give a satisfactory explanation I'll definitely advocate for his lynch.
Could be one of those "so scummy it can't possibly be scum" actions that scum came up with.
..and wants to push for death if CeeCee doesn't come through D3.

Generally speaking this reads to me like inexperienced scum that initially thought he had an easy scum read to push for without any repercussion, realized the thread wasn't trending in that direction after all and backed off it hoping that CeeCee will kill more townies, and then ultimately upon realizing CeeCee can't even do that wants to try and justify a CeeCee lynch after all. If you couldn't see CeeCee's actions as anything but town D1, how has that changed at all just because he lied about his shots?

I'm not sure that's how this works. If I'm scum I first look who has suspicions on whom and try to fester the suspicions that are helpful for me. So I wouldn't want to be the first to scum read someone but rather kind of agree with someone else after they have made a scum read. Also an easy target to me is someone that is already heavily scum read, because you can just agree with everyone instead of having to come up with reasons for yourself.

Town

Fantomas: I like his effort so far and he has made some good points. Sometimes his reads seem a bit superficial, but we really don't have much information to work with, so I don't blame him for that.

Blarg: Sometimes I can see a bit of consciousness shine through the madness and it gives me hope. Seriously though he has made some good posts without provocation, while in GoT (where he was scum) he only backed down from his antics when he was an actual contender to be lynched for it.

Chuggs: I'm kind of meh on the role claim, but otherwise has made a solid impression so far.

CeeCee: With the new revelations on his role he could honestly fall on both sides for me. For now I'm more leaning town because I can't come up with a reason why scum would do that, but then that might also have been the plan all along.

KetKat: I'm always a bit suspicious if many people seem to scum read the same player, because if no one opposes the scum read it means scum is okay with it. On the other hand I guess scum wouldn't want to seem to be defending one of their own too vehemently.

Rac: Seems to be constantly catching up, so not much contribution today, but what he posted made me feel more like town than scum.

Turmoil: He hasn't contributed much today and what he said didn't give me much confidence.

Pirate Bae: This is mostly gut feeling. I feel like she's throwing some half baked shade around to see what sticks.

Scum

I feel like on day 1 with very little information, so this list is mostly based on just gut reading.

Do you think we should get rid of CeeCee?
Now we get closer to D2 end. Here we have malus listing Bae has the scummiest person on the list from Fran - note that he explicitly says it is a gut feeling both for her read and in general. Turmoil is next to last on this list as well.

(Side note: More bloodlust for CeeCee)

Stats! :D

Vote: Pirate Bae
Vote for Bae after the stats.

The outlier for both Chuggs and KetKat happens to be Pirate Bae.
Now thinking about that it makes me kind of question my scum read of her, since scum would probably avoid such extreme positions.
And then immediately walking it back. I pointed this out yesterday because it very much reads like someone hoping she will be flipped but wanting to separate himself from any ownership of said lynch.

To elaborate on my vote, it's only semi influenced by the graphs I posted. I already said she is currently my top scum read and this is just the continuation of that. But from the stats we can see that she has been read from top town to top scum, so we should get a lot of information from a flip.

This seems like a cop out to not have to commit to anything.
Then when pressed on the vote, malus mentions it's a continuation of his previous read. His previous gut read, on his gut reads list. Now it reads like malus is trying to over inflate the depth of his own reads.

Okay I'll go into more detail about the stats:
First all posted ranked lists are mapped to a range from 0 to 1, because people on the list itself didn't include themselves. That way the top scum gets a score of 1 and the top town gets a score of 0 and all other entries a score inbetween. With that we have a list of values in the range [0, 1] for each name on Frans list, which is then plotted in a box plot sorted by median value (yellow line).

I guess that's fair. I'll try to get my thoughts in order and get a couple explanations out, but I'm currently not very much awake so it may not come across as comprehensible as I think it does.

Both KetKat and Turmoil are generally scum or only very lightly town read (seen in the graph based on the ranked lists). There were a few mentions of how no one was defending KetKat but all those still put her rather low on their lists (I guess I'm guilty of this as well). In fact the only one completely town reading KetKat was Pirate Bae, whom I had an iffy feeling about anyway and it looked to me like she was trying to capitalize on a mislynch there.

If Pirate Bae flipped scum I would feel better about Chuggs and probably also about KetKat. I would look into people who kind of town read her but not very committed, such as Sawneeks or Faddy. A town flip would make me look into Zubz or Fireblend who had her as kind of scum but not very committed.

But this whole thing is moot now anyway with the role claim. So if Fran doesn't use the override I hope people who haven't voted yet go for Flux now.
And finally we get to malus post-Bae claim pushing for...Flux's lynch. Not turmoil who was second on his scum list from Fran that he cared enough to talk up after his Bae vote. Yes, Flux was not on that list to rank so it's possible turmoil was just slotted behind Flux in his reads, but I still find it to be a note of mild concern.

Overall I came away from malus feeling pretty bad - he's definitely in my scum list at this point. Curious to hear what his thoughts on CeeCee are now, as well as if he actually starts making any pushes today beyond what he has so far. I'll go ahead and put a vote here:

VOTE: malus

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
when did i assume that?

Feel free to ignore that, I misinterpreted your original post and mixed it a bit with AB's scum plan bit. I started to think that for that situation to be one for one, scum would need to know that Flux was a PR when just Flux flipping as town and the manner in which turmoil claimed would be likely enough for turmoil to get killed.

But to answer the pointTM. The situation could end up like you described, but would it for sure? Turmoil flipping as scum would've turned on the heat on all who voted for Flux instead of just you. Buuuuut. Not to my benefit, I don't see this in the way it all went down.

And here I think I end up agreeing with you, somewhat at least. If you are scum and were trying to save turmoil there, I don't think there was any long-term plan there. That was just a vote to save turmoil right then and there, nothing more. I could say that throwing stuff around in a somewhat confusing manner fits the way you've played so far and thus the vote is a scum tell. But that is arguing it wrong. It is only a possible scum tell and I don't know how great a possibility it is.

The vote loses meaning but the whole still stands. I don't feel I have much reason to think you are town.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a list of claims handy? This is usually Fanto's area of expertise, isn't it?
Sure bud, I got you.

Right now we've got:

Deaths:
Stan - Override
Terraforce - Vanilla
Geno - Vanilla
Turmoil - Mafia Backup
Cabot - Mason (my former partner!)

Claims:
Fran - Town Backup, inherited Stan's Override, used it to kill Turmoil.
Pirate Bae - Cop claim with green check on Ketkat.
FluxWaveZ - X-Shot Commuter.

I think that about covers it?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I thought I said that here too but maybe it was just in my boat. You two legitimately looked like you were trying to solve each other yesterday. I don't think both of our are faking it. Either you are both town or it's a mix scum/town situation.
Alright, I buy that link. It freaked me out for a second because, looking back, you'd already linked us together thrice without explaining the link.

I've said this in our boat already but my hangup on all this I don't think our brothers are both scum and I think Brazil is likelier out of the two.
I will echo the sentiment that I want to hear what's going on in Brazil and Fandorin 's boat. I think one of you is scum and I want to know how your reads on each other are developing based on what's up in there.
I'm also following the Fando posts and as I said, I think one of him and Brazil are scum. There's good cases against both but I don't think they are scum together.

As far as the case against you, I'll just quote myself again since I literally just typed a thing on you in my chat since I think your defense fell flat:

"I was reading Brazil's defense of himself and that part where he points out that turmoil was on his kill list for leader sticks out to me. I nodded along at first because it sounds good that turmoil voted Stanley because he knew Brazil would probably kill him but actually thinking about it and that's a wild thing to defend yourself with. Brazil still ended up leader and turmoil never really came up in his deliberations once it happened. His whole defense doesn't say a whole lot to me."

To add more though, like I said, I don't think you really come out of day end looking to hot. I don't expect you to move you vote obviously since no one could but you were campaigning hard for Flux to flip instead. It's not an easy thing to just say "well why would I do that if turmoil dies the next day" because that isn't the clear conclusion. turmoil was in deep on that gambit and Flux was being so unhelpful that it was unclear if he was telling the truth or not, there was still a chance Flux flips vanilla there then suddenly turmoil is possibly off the hook, he's at least not today's auto lynch.
I see what you're saying regarding how I actually went about the leader thing, but I'd like to point out that, unlike Terra and some others, turmoil had at least given Stan a passing mention before voting for him to be leader. That was enough to put turmoil in a lower bracket of suspicion during my deliberations in a D1 with so little actual information. It was only during D2 that I was able to find more evidence against him.

And finally, the point of my defense wasn't "Why would I do that if turmoil dies the next day?", it's "Why would I build up the turmoil bus so thoroughly and then abandon that as soon as push came to shove (keeping in mind that that would've probably only have given turmoil one extra day)?"

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Sure bud, I got you.

Right now we've got:

Deaths:
Stan - Override
Terraforce - Vanilla
Geno - Vanilla
Turmoil - Mafia Backup

Claims:

Oh, and CeeCee is a 1-Shot Vig, he killed Stan.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sure bud, I got you.

Right now we've got:

Deaths:
Stan - Override
Terraforce - Vanilla
Geno - Vanilla
Turmoil - Mafia Backup

Claims:

You're missing TheChuggernaut as a 1-hit bulletproof and CeeCee as a one-shot day vigilante.

Also, stated with your Cabot comment, yourself as the second Mason.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I should have added Flux when I made that list. That would have helped today.

Also, after a good start, Sawneeks is kinda disappearing. Not much yesterday and today.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Flux tunnel? What flux tunnel?!?!?

SORIAN made a big deal about Flux. NOT me. I just said how I don't put flux in the same pile as Fran/fanto.

IF there was a tunnel. It would be me on Ceecee. Cc being cleared as town doesn't make sense for me. ESPECIALLY since I've seen a scum dayvig b4.

I wouldn't even call that a tunnel though.

You guys are using that word too loosely.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Where did Pirate Bae claim cop? I'm not seeing it. D2 has X-shot PR with green on Ketkat. The implication is there, sure, but no claim.

Oct 25, 2017
Flux tunnel? What flux tunnel?!?!?

SORIAN made a big deal about Flux. NOT me. I just said how I don't put flux in the same pile as Fran/fanto.

IF there was a tunnel. It would be me on Ceecee. Cc being cleared as town doesn't make sense for me. ESPECIALLY since I've seen a scum dayvig b4.

I wouldn't even call that a tunnel though.

You guys are using that word too loosely.

Yeah, but what do you think about Melon