• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017

aCEEE7w.gif

Also still immensely thankful for this one, 10/10 Fanto

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY HELL You people remember a lot!

All I can remember is fucking Swamped winning LiS1 Mafia

and rolling scum for the first time on TMBG and dying on the first day (OH THE SHAME I LIVE WITH xD)

ME AND Natiko on Love Boat Mafia 2 lmao must've been like babysitting a toddler high on some dank ass sugar

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like my stories aren't helpful for whatever Natiko and Monkey are doing, but here are other fun memories from my time in the community.

-ScraftyDevil aka Cherry Bomb was one of our very early players, and she had a quirk where she would adopt different mannerisms in every game she played. Off the top of my head, she was Akane from Danganronpa 2 in Cthulhu, and a Valley Girl in Welcome to Night Vale. I can't remember the others. I really liked that level of panache. She had a whole backstory for her character in Night Vale, too.

-I was in Gafia 1 as Blargonaut, a neutral serial killer. The first night I targeted someone (I don't remember who) but Ourobolus blocked me. Since nobody died that night, he assumed I was scum. I stupidly acknowledged that I'd been roleblocked (I thought Ouro had been told that his roleblock was successful) but then... I went full Blarg. It was glorious. With permission from the gamerunner, I contacted Blarg for advice on how to act more like him. I made crossword puzzles. I posted constantly. I went through fake claim after fake claim. I didn't have a job or kids yet at the time, so I think I was at my computer for something like eighteen hours pretending to be Blargonaut. It was honestly kind of a relief when they finally killed me. I remember going out to go grocery shopping and walking into the sun and feeling like I'd just stepped out of a dream.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Winning as a neutral along with the girl gang in Cluedo

2. All HvV games. In 1, eating Sneeks, followed by Fando and LP, sacrificing the absorb I got from Sneeks to shoot scum. In 2, copying confirmed town, invading a secret chat without suspicion, pocketing Sneeks, getting revived by town in a boss fight, gambiting the win by bargaining with Nat. In 3, claiming neutral miller and getting away with it.

Oh there were also the minigames, Bowsers Big Blast and winning Blackjack entirely by getting high on the Heart of the Cards (fuck Destiny Draw).

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Forgot that happened in 2 as well ( ._.);;

i just cant trust you in HvV games anymore
Hey Sawneeks

tombstonexuu6p.jpg

I'll have you know that, years later, that song has NOT LEFT MY HEAD.
Never, ever, trust Kyan

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
HOLY HELL You people remember a lot!

All I can remember is fucking Swamped winning LiS1 Mafia

and rolling scum for the first time on TMBG and dying on the first day (OH THE SHAME I LIVE WITH xD)

ME AND Natiko on Love Boat Mafia 2 lmao must've been like babysitting a toddler high on some dank ass sugar
TWE bussing his entire team, hydro-ing a NK to fake a BP and then hail mary-ing MYLO to win in TMBG was legendary.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Fanto chloe-rex invasion Risk

The verelios super Mario moment

Zeke and Geno having the most intense rivalry and arguments ever for 4 days in a row despite both being scum in horror movie. Neither Geno or Zeke ever got voted out.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
-I was in Gafia 1 as Blargonaut, a neutral serial killer. The first night I targeted someone (I don't remember who) but Ourobolus blocked me. Since nobody died that night, he assumed I was scum. I stupidly acknowledged that I'd been roleblocked (I thought Ouro had been told that his roleblock was successful) but then... I went full Blarg. It was glorious. With permission from the gamerunner, I contacted Blarg for advice on how to act more like him. I made crossword puzzles. I posted constantly. I went through fake claim after fake claim. I didn't have a job or kids yet at the time, so I think I was at my computer for something like eighteen hours pretending to be Blargonaut. It was honestly kind of a relief when they finally killed me. I remember going out to go grocery shopping and walking into the sun and feeling like I'd just stepped out of a dream.
Oh god. I had totally forgotten about this. I am dying reading that again.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That time Launch gave a scum member an override and to this day I have to always say "a scum override is horribly unbalanced and the gamerunner definitely didn't put it in the game except for that one time we did it"

Tim played that next day with a beautiful style of shit post.

To bounce off of Retro's, I think Night Vale was probably the best town game I've had in my life and the one thing I remember most is how conflicted at everything Scrafty/Cherry Bomb was on one of the last days when I was steering the ship into every peril possible trying to get the SK a win too.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I never thought in a million years it would work as well as it did. It was just so great.

My three other favorites are:

1) winning When death is on the line through solid deduction and surviving until day end as a lovers pair. Hooked from the very first game

2) being recruited in Berserk. A singularly amazing experience and one of my favorite wins

3) winning king of "the old place" mafia 2017. I had an absolutely phenominal year in 2017 and seeing my name in the infographic was just great.

I have a ton of fun with this community, and this community is why I keep coming back. I love seeing each and everyone of you in other threads. I have said it before but I get a total "OMG! I know them!" moment each time.

That is an awesome infographic.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I never thought in a million years it would work as well as it did. It was just so great.

My three other favorites are:

1) winning When death is on the line through solid deduction and surviving until day end as a lovers pair. Hooked from the very first game

2) being recruited in Berserk. A singularly amazing experience and one of my favorite wins

3) winning king of "the old place" mafia 2017. I had an absolutely phenominal year in 2017 and seeing my name in the infographic was just great.

I have a ton of fun with this community, and this community is why I keep coming back. I love seeing each and everyone of you in other threads. I have said it before but I get a total "OMG! I know them!" moment each time.
That is an awesome infographic.

This infographic IS awesome! We should do that more often!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To bounce off of Retro's, I think Night Vale was probably the best town game I've had in my life and the one thing I remember most is how conflicted at everything Scrafty/Cherry Bomb was on one of the last days when I was steering the ship into every peril possible trying to get the SK a win too.

If she could have gotten to you after that game, I believe she would have happily murdered you.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I think almost all of my favorite moments have already been mentioned, I'll add Aeleus betraying the players in the HVV3 boss fight and the madness of Risk attacks.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I have to mention NX. It had one of the biggest post counts for a Day 1. Karl/Rover gambited by claiming vanilla right away but he was voted out or shot by the day vig (me) and flipped cop. Sorian claimed neutral cow licker, survived, and won. Launch was scum read all game but finally flipped town (sound familiar?) Scum won by pulling an LP and coasting (there were no post minimums back then).

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have to mention NX. It had one of the biggest post counts for a Day 1. Karl/Rover gambited by claiming vanilla right away but he was voted out or shot by the day vig (me) and flipped cop. Sorian claimed neutral cow licker, survived, and won. Launch was scum read all game but finally flipped town (sound familiar?) Scum won by pulling an LP and coasting (there were no post minimums back then).

Nx was the tipping point. I am not sure why everyone just went insane with the amount of posting lol

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
NX is the only game I've ever subbed out of, because I just could not keep up.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
NX was the real start of the downward slope of this community. Degenerates.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I don't have anything to add to all the moments that have already been mentioned, but it was so awesome reading over this. Makes me want to read more of the games from before I joined!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone here watching "The hustler" with Craig Ferguson?

after watching an episode the game is essentially trivia mafia

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I have purposefully blocked out all of my successful and painful memories

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2 had me fooled, though the wife nailed episode 1's hustler.

but I called episode 3's hustler from the first two clues