• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
nPzVkKv.png

0cBZFXz.gif

wlbkkg2.png

KcJGTtJ.gif

UYJ1kdD.gif

aCEEE7w.gif

kRL0IzF.png

DBDtzCX.gif

9IBbsjm.gif

0nZmCQM.gif

HvIb5WG.gif

pt6Ou3S.gif

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me and Salva hosting the Harry Potter game which then got thrown at me like a hot potatoe since Salvas Bunny ran away, Panicking, making a mistake and killing Bear/Burb in the first phasse, making many more mistakes ( posting the wrong Role PMs at day start ) and panicking while messaging the other staff members at the time. Sorry spider :*
I remember this, I will never forget getting the wrong result on investigation. :D

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a few gifs to post, but I gotta get back to my main computer first.

I still remember running Pineapple Pizza Mafia, and Retro telling me my game was a dumpster fire tho.

Oh, basically all of Of Gods and Men. That game broke me.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
HEYYYYYYY EVERYBODY!

What are your most iconic moments/memories from the long history of our community? No matter if you've been here three games or thirty - what are the stories you love to tell?

We all know The Legend of Kingkitty the Arsonist. We all know about Volcano Island. We all know about
town hooker, goddammit
. But what are your other favorite moments/games?

There's a method to my madness. I'll tell later. In the meantime, humor me?

In my brief time here I think its from my first game, horror movie mafia, town vig hedin blasting fellow town zipped about 3 minutes before eod to prove he wasn't scum

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The two gifs I have. Pretty sure the first one was made by Blarg and the second one by someone for me. The second one is tagged as "timeasis.gif"

wbvs85h7xkex.gif

timeasisjtkkm.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also probably a good time to mention the singing performances we got in HvV3, the things we'll do to get an item from Geno:

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
This was before my time, back when I was just reading the games, but I'll never forget this gif from the Ace Attorney game.

Yo, i think it was Ctulu Mafia. TheWorthyEdge MADE ME FURIOUS, he played unreletnless, he did his way. He did not care, i tried everything in my power to talk to him over our chat but he would not respond or did not care. I WAS SOO MAD!!!

But in the end i was happy to have had him as a partner. In Hindsight i was blessed! I love you man!

I love you nin ! Still some of the most fun I've had haha

Does anyone have that Mario Party mini-game .gif when I won as scum?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
- Scum God Pepsi-Zeke revealing himself to his faithful through mssagthawaswrttnlkethsbcauyoucldnlyusesomnychrctrs in Gods and Men.
- Most of Greed Island; Stu dying to a bomb, a certain animal entering a pocket, immortal Blarg, BOOM :D. The scum chat was fun.
- Chocolate ice cream and the ending in PiR.
- Going out for drinks, coming back home somewhat intoxicated and seeing that I was shot on the first minute of the day in Gods and Men (I know I deserved it).
- Being absolutely wrong about where the bomb was in Conspiracy 2 (not punished though).
- Claiming a killing neutral in Corrida.

Town fun is rather boring...I guess I've felt good about some tanked kills and protection picks?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
- Scum God Pepsi-Zeke revealing himself to his faithful through mssagthawaswrttnlkethsbcauyoucldnlyusesomnychrctrs in Gods and Men.
- Most of Greed Island; Stu dying to a bomb, a certain animal entering a pocket, immortal Blarg, BOOM :D. The scum chat was fun.
- Chocolate ice cream and the ending in PiR.
- Going out for drinks, coming back home somewhat intoxicated and seeing that I was shot on the first minute of the day in Gods and Men (I know I deserved it).
- Being absolutely wrong about where the bomb was in Conspiracy 2 (not punished though).
- Claiming a killing neutral in Corrida.

Town fun is rather boring...I guess I've felt good about some tanked kills and protection picks?
lol i forgot all about that

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God, I have so many and so little time tonight. But my very favorite story is Blargonaut in Star Wars Mafia, waaaay back in season 2.

So Blarg decides at one point that the game is getting dull, and he decides to spice it up by challenging players to mini games, particularly lines and boxes. Loser has to reveal their role.
Makai accepts his challenge, and they start playing.
Except unbeknownst to Bkarg, Makai has found an online Lines and Boxes game, set the difficulty to maximum, and is feeding Blarg's moves into it. Blarg loses badly.
He reveals that he is a member of the Scum team. He tries desperately to convince the other players that he should be kept alive and he'll work with the town team. It doesn't work, and he's voted out.

At the flip, it's revealed that Blarg is the Town Cop.

To this day I don't understand the logic of this plan, but that story is actually a huge part of why I finally signed up for my first game. I wanted to be part of this craziness.

I have a ton more stories, and maybe I'll write some up tomorrow morning if people are interested. Right now I'm on my phone and it's annoying.

Last edited:

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, my real but fake but still kinda real rant on D2 if Avatar Mafia that allowed me to skate through to victory.

Oh also that time in steven universe i got to gather some Fucking clues.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'll always remember Pokemon Mafia when we hadn't caught a single scum at around D5, Splinter riding Blarg until he was about to be voted out, stopping, unvoting in pomp and confidence, and then asking to be given the honor of hammering. Ironically, Blarg was a bomb and that ending sent town into a downward spiral lol.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always remember Pokemon Mafia when we hadn't caught a single scum at around D5, Splinter riding Blarg until he was about to be voted out, stopping, unvoting in pomp and confidence, and then asking to be given the honor of hammering. Ironically, Blarg was a bomb and that ending sent town into a downward spiral lol.

"Hubris"

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Some low key ones that are more recent:
  • Chugg mixing up the game and mafia threads at night (Costume Party)
index.php

• Geno putting on airs that he had gotten caught in the gossip chat, then having taken over another player's account the next day (Costume Party).
  • Vere coming into the last day thinking he had the game solved only to lose a few minutes later (Super Mario).
I'm a friendly afternoon neighbor who can choose someone to share a chat with on N1. Open day, every day. I was lucky enough to be in a chat with our dearly departed Nat since D2. Nat, rest in peace, sorry for doubting. This is for you.

Nat already told me his track results, last night Jman didn't move, and the night before Launch didn't move. Of course they could be trading off NKs but is it possible they don't have other abilities in a scum team of 2!?

If so, then who moved!? Me and Nat came to the same conclusion today. Coolest and Brazil, the scum are you!
tenor.gif
By god, could it be?

Hahaha, oh coolest, coolest, coolest. If you're voted out here right now then the game ends. There would be no need for schemes or otherwise. But it hasn't. Scum have at most 2 people to their team max, and therefore they only need 2 votes if you were town, which they would have. So why haven't you been voted out?

Anyway, from this I can tell with 100% certainty that Brazil is scum, so it's a win either way.
  • Terra and Hawthorn's rampages (Risk)
I don't know why people are upset by this attack, it's such an obvious pro-town move. If you can't see it, maybe you're not thinking it through carefully enough. I'll post my reasoning later.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
God I remember laughing so hard reading that post from Vere in Mario at the same time as Launch and Jman were coordinating their hammer for the win lmao.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
- Day 6 in Risk Mafia is something I always recommend people read even if they don't read the rest. Also all the gifs.
- Monkey's win in Death Stranding. Also Stan's two wins in Avatar and 1,000 feet
- Stan's amazing avatar edits and peeps edits in general like Reki's in Risk.
- Zeke's excitement on OM when truffleshuffle was officially added
- His scum chat in scooby doo mafia when he called me the L to his Light.
- When Nat Gave Monkey the gun.
- A lot of HvV2 where most of my save pics are from:

Because of that amazing game I got to be Captain America and Fanto made this made me

6ipnGog.gif
Also the Killing Chuggs memes and that resevoir dogs pic used to rep illuminati chat after Apop outed the illuminati.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That game keeps me up at night.

My favorite moment was in Easy Allies Mafia when Zipped catapulted of off turm to get his neutral win.
How could I forget Zipped's win from that game. It was so bold and perfectly played lol
Uhh, my real but fake but still kinda real rant on D2 if Avatar Mafia that allowed me to skate through to victory.

Oh also that time in steven universe i got to gather some Fucking clues.
e5c214c7ae893a422b09f006428ba9b9eaae2845.gifv

malus

Oct 30, 2017
MafiEra Mafia had so many memorable moments.
-Stan being voted Town Leader on D1 only to be shot in the face and going on a drunk D&D rant in spec chat.
-Town deciding to give Fireblend his Pizza only for him to shoot the vote leader at day end, which caused Sawneeks to be lunched instead, revealing a cult, which obviously led to everyone believing Fire was the Pineapple Pizza Cult leader.
-Sorian turning out to be the cult leader after claiming to be the boat creator for the love boat modifier because there were so many meme boats.
-Monkey freaking out about Sorian in scum chat.
-Fanto's excitement about being Confirmed Town turning into horror as she kept surviving night after night into endgame.
-Town deciding to finally give Fireblend his Pizza only for this to cause Scum to win.
-It's the source of Fantos amazing Confirmed Town Gif as well as Monkeys "Mafia MVP" tag.

Such a great game!

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy and Sorian tunneling each other to death in Conspiracy is always a fun one.

My favorite will always be Fando recruiting Brazil to the scum team in HvV2 and then dying a few hours later, leaving Brazil just alone on a scum team in the middle of a game.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god id actually forgotten about that

You my dear dear friend are the master of complaining aswell as the master of being voted out due to not being around and therefore being sus.

It always makes me laugh when you go to sleep, wake up and realize that you got voted out for not being there even though you stated that you went to bed

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
The ending of HvV2 is a big one for me, SK poliwhirl pulling through for town felt amazing.

Another good one is Fanto accidentally outing themselves as neutral in Doggy Style after Scum-Chuggs died visiting them only to be then tricked by geno to shoot the wrong target, have a meltdown and the chill and coast to victory as a surviver.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
This 2 quotes:

If Natiko is a deep wolf, I will not sign up for another game in this community for six months. I am that certain he's not and I will turn tail and hide in shame if I am wrong.

So I'm an Amnesiac Cop. Sorian's message was meant for me. Why bring this up? Because the target I investigated...

VOTE: Sorian

I'll be honest, I was kinda hoping to squeak by today and stay anonymous a little longer, but thems the brakes.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I subbed into my first game, and as I was subbing in, Rover tells me, "Oh by the way, the person you're replacing already revealed his role, so everyone already knows that you're a gossip."
So in my mind, that message was, "Everyone knows you're confirmed Town."
Imagine my surprise when people started accusing me of being a scum gossip. The thought had never even occurred to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh having a role as scum in Nier mafia that instantly killed Nier when he was targeted and then Sorian claiming Nier in like his first post in the game was fucking hilarious

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh having a role as scum in Nier mafia that instantly killed Nier when he was targeted and then Sorian claiming Nier in like his first post in the game was fucking hilarious
I don't remember if I was an actual game watcher in that or just in spec or what but I remember many hearty chuckles the moment Sorian claimed.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
That game keeps me up at night.

My favorite moment was in Easy Allies Mafia when Zipped catapulted of off turm to get his neutral win.
I never thought in a million years it would work as well as it did. It was just so great.

My three other favorites are:

1) winning When death is on the line through solid deduction and surviving until day end as a lovers pair. Hooked from the very first game

2) being recruited in Berserk. A singularly amazing experience and one of my favorite wins

3) winning king of "the old place" mafia 2017. I had an absolutely phenominal year in 2017 and seeing my name in the infographic was just great.

I have a ton of fun with this community, and this community is why I keep coming back. I love seeing each and everyone of you in other threads. I have said it before but I get a total "OMG! I know them!" moment each time.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
1. Winning as a neutral along with the girl gang in Cluedo

2. All HvV games. In 1, eating Sneeks, followed by Fando and LP, sacrificing the absorb I got from Sneeks to shoot scum. In 2, copying confirmed town, invading a secret chat without suspicion, pocketing Sneeks, getting revived by town in a boss fight, gambiting the win by bargaining with Nat. In 3, claiming neutral miller and getting away with it.

Oh there were also the minigames, Bowsers Big Blast and winning Blackjack entirely by getting high on the Heart of the Cards (fuck Destiny Draw).

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.