• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Review score?

• 99-95

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 94-90

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 89-85

Votes: 60 26.3%
  • 85-80

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • 79-70

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • 69-60

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 59-50

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
WcpcABX.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lampa

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
5T3Auz6.png

bvaATkZ.png

5J3he3y.png

www.youtube.com

Mafia Definitive Edition Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Never Touch?"

Hitman 3 Review MUST WATCH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2eBfVqBppQSurprise Indiana Jones Beth and Machinegames Game Announced https://www.youtube.com/wat...

www.eurogamer.net

Mafia: Definitive Edition review - a generous remake that still shows some age

Wailing jazz on the radio. Sumptuous, glossy cars on the road. Opportunity in Tommy Angelo's eyes. There are times, in …

www.gamespot.com

Mafia: Definitive Edition Review – An Offer You Could Probably Refuse

Dated gameplay drags down this impressive remake of an 18-year-old classic.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful. Original is one of my favourite games of all time (disappointed years later to find out about the vavra connection 😑)

Lampa any sense of how much of the original soundtrack is in tact?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hrm, I bought the Mafia triple pack on PSN, but I don't see any option to preload this one. It's not in my library and the preorder page just asks me to buy it.

Has anyone who bought the triple pack figured out how to preload it?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Mafia: Definitive Edition |OT| FairPlay now Fair

Mafia: Definitive Edition |OT| Screw Ordinary Routine

Mafia: Definitive Edition |OT| Louis Prima Guide

OP
OP
Lampa

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Wonderful. Original is one of my favourite games of all time (disappointed years later to find out about the vavra connection 😑)

Lampa any sense of how much of the original soundtrack is in tact?
In comparison, I'm not sure, but they are adding a lot of new music, including a new orchestral OST (https://mafiagame.com/news/mafia-definitive-edition-original-score-sound-design/).

Here's a list of new music https://mafiagame.com/news/mafia-definitive-edition-licensed-song-list/
And old music for comparison https://mafiagame.fandom.com/wiki/Mafia_Soundtrack

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
In comparison, I'm not sure, but they are adding a lot of new music, including a new orchestral OST (https://mafiagame.com/news/mafia-definitive-edition-original-score-sound-design/).

Here's a list of new music https://mafiagame.com/news/mafia-definitive-edition-licensed-song-list/
And old music for comparison https://mafiagame.fandom.com/wiki/Mafia_Soundtrack
Interesting the Louis prima is gone. There goes my clever OT suggestion 😑

the django is truly the key to the atmosphere, I'm glad that's all been kept. Shouldnt all these songs be public domaine by now? Maybe my understanding of song licensing is too limited.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like I'm the only person that's so fucking excited for this game

you are definitely not alone.
i have it pre ordered despite promising myself to wait for reviews to hear about the technical state but couldnt resist.

basically my only worry is that the game will be a technical mess at release, unfortunately the mafia 2 remaster was a trainwreck (sure, it wasnt done by Hangar13 themselves, but still) and mafia 3 was shockingly bad at launch, and for a long time. And several previews had quite significant stuttering too, so..

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
I remember from original game that there was Extreme Free Ride mode, is something similar (preferably free exploration mode) present in remake?

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I am super hyped for this. I hope it lives up to the original. This'll be the first game I will get to play through with the new 3080+UW monitor.

OP
OP
Lampa

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I would be more excited if the other two mafias released in a better state.

Right now it all hinges on reviews :/
you are definitely not alone.
i have it pre ordered despite promising myself to wait for reviews to hear about the technical state but couldnt resist.

basically my only worry is that the game will be a technical mess at release, unfortunately the mafia 2 remaster was a trainwreck (sure, it wasnt done by Hangar13 themselves, but still) and mafia 3 was shockingly bad at launch, and for a long time. And several previews had quite significant stuttering too, so..
The previews from earlier this month were rather positive and I did not hear anything about bad performance.
It also appears that Xbox players can access a couple of missions, friend of mine played the game yesterday on One X and said it has a strong pop-in, so we'll see how console versions are.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling that the console versions are going to be broken as fuck.

We haven't seen a single peep and my retailer does not have it in stock a day before release (usually they send out the games 2 days prior to launch).

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So Is Mafia 2 the only digitial only game of the bunch for current gen? Kinda weird the whole trilogy isn't going to be released physically in the US.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God-tier thread title. Madonna!

After Mafia III filler stuff and the definitive editions (even if they were not handled by hangar 13), I'll need some reviews before really considering this at full price.

Trophy list is out for it. Loads of collectables and a difficulty one means it could take a while.

www.powerpyx.com

Mafia 1 Remake: Definitive Edition Trophy List Revealed

Mafia 1 Remake Definitive Edition Trophy List Revealed. Check out all 44 trophies and achievements for Mafia 1 Remaster (2020).

There's one for winning the race, the cheeky bastards

OP
OP
Lampa

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I've never played this, care to explain what free ride and extreme free ride is?
Free Ride was just a free exploration mode with no goal or time limit, you could use any car you wanted and do anything you wanted.
Extreme Free Ride was free ride with 'crazy' tasks, such as defusing bombs, driving a rocket car, or chasing a UFO, and more

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hyped for this one. I hope they fixed the damn race. Hated it in the original.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm cautiously optimistic for this one. I'll def wait and see what the reviews say. I'm a little weary after the sub par definitive editions and how boring Mafia III was.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Free Ride was just a free exploration mode with no goal or time limit, you could use any car you wanted and do anything you wanted.
Extreme Free Ride was free ride with 'crazy' tasks, such as defusing bombs, driving a rocket car, or chasing a UFO, and more
So how is the remake structured? Is there a time limit or can you freely explore areas between missions like in GTA?

OP
OP
Lampa

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So how is the remake structured? Is there a time limit or can you freely explore areas between missions like in GTA?
Should be the same as the original and Mafia 2, you do the missions in order, as soon as you finish one mission you instantly start another, but almost all missions start at one place and then you have to drive elsewhere and you are free to explore and do whatever you want, there is no time limit. It's not like GTA where you have to find a mission marker to start it, it's more like a linear game, with open world.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the PC version won't release in a similar poor state as Mafia 3.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
How did you pre load it ? I have bought mafia trilogy pack but I can't find any pre load option

Since I had Mafia 3 already, I bought it separatedely and just added it to the auto download list thingy and it started to download itself yesterday, I believe.

Have you tried to find it on your PS4 library on purchased games? You can start the download from there.