• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck MUT.
Fuck the recent Madden games in general.
Fuck EA.

That being said, I hope the guy will land a less taxing job. Hopefully not at a studio I like though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
80-90 hour work weeks would literally mean working every waking hour Monday to Friday plus up to an additional 10 hours over the weekend.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Worth remembering that Ultimate Team stemmed from FIFA, not Madden.
Yeah, I was going to say. I wouldn't take too much credit for that one.
Sure the concept, but it still had to be specifically curated to Madden, give the guy some credit.

I can imagine that those 80-90 hour weeks are a likely contributor to his departure. It's one thing to be passionate about what you work on and put in whatever it takes but after 17 years it's bound to have taken its toll on him.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I really wish Madden and all the other sports games would come out every 2 years and just have updates in-between to give more development time. Unless they have multiple studios like Call of Duty.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Imagine your company making billions of dollars because of dumb kids but you're still working 80-90 hours a week.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Wait, after 17 years and 20 titles he's just a Senior Designer? And doing 80h weeks?
Yeah, I'd have left before that.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Sure the concept, but it still had to be specifically curated to Madden, give the guy some credit.

I can imagine that those 80-90 hour weeks are a likely contributor to his departure. It's one thing to be passionate about what you work on and put in whatever it takes but after 17 years it's bound to have taken its toll on him.

To be honest, it was more of a premature defence against those who were going to blame him for Ultimate Team!

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Hope the guy hits the ground running at a place less comfortable exploiting their customers & employees. Seems like he already has something lined up so best wishes to him.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is how normal he makes it sound that he was working 80-90 hours on a regular basis. What a fucked up industry.