• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Can't believe some people actually fall for this bullshit corporate activism. This is the same company that censored Kaepernick from their game.

Big Shirley

Banned
May 11, 2020
If this starts a process that ends with Sony postponing Thursday's event I'll never buy anything from EA ever again.

Fuck corporate hypocrisy.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you people fall for this, they don't care, they're taking the opportunity for easy PR and know people are too busy to give it the attention they want.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Fuck off, EA. We won't forget you tried to censor Kaepernick in your game.

Can't believe some people actually fall for this bullshit corporate activism. This is the same company that censored Kaepernick from their game.

Pretty sure y'all would have reamed them if they went on with the reveal. It's a good thing they've read the room, postponed the showcase and publicly expressed support for the case for change.

This is a positive step. Leave it at that.

Big Shirley

Banned
May 11, 2020
User Banned (permanent): Gross dismissal of criminal injustice
How is that EAs doing and why is that your biggest concern right now? I actually think they will delay it and I hope they do.

I've been waiting about 18 months for this.

Of course it's my biggest concern. If I have to wait longer cos of some fucking corporate bullshit virtue signalling I'll be fucking livid.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Of course it's my biggest concern. If I have to wait longer cos of some fucking corporate bullshit virtue signalling I'll be fucking livid.
So what you're saying is that for you a console announcement is more important than human lives? Because that's what you sound like.

Big Shirley

Banned
May 11, 2020
Pretty sure y'all would have reamed them if they went on with the reveal. It's a good thing they've read the room, postponed the showcase and publicly expressed support for the case for change.

Just don't let yourself be fooled these bastards ever care about ANYTHING but money.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017

I'd rather they reveal their game and not mention anything relating to the current events going on than postpone their marketing reveal under the false premise of supporting the black community when their actions in the past have shown they have participated in silencing voices and maintaining the status quo.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Didn't EA chicken out when Kaepernick started kneeling? As a non american my memory is fuzzy, but I am relieved they won't again...

Oct 27, 2017

I wasn't really that bothered about the Sony reveal this week, but reading this I'd laugh my tits off if it gets cancelled.

Do it, Sony. Indefinite cancellation let's gooooo.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

No this is a bullshit marketing ploy to get some positive attention. If they really wanted to help they can donate to BLM, they can help the protesters on the front lines, they can use their influence to really help change things not delay a reveal of a fucking video game.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
wonder if this was their decision alone, of if their cover athlete Lamar Jackson had a lot to do with this, since he is still heavily involved with the city of Louisville, and this city is dealing with a lot right now with the no knock warrant/shooting of Breanna Taylor and the nightly protest here for her as well as the other incidents around the nation. I know the focus is everywhere right now, just saying with Lamar and this city it may have had some impact.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
*reads the page*

... Remember: in several cases, the best thing to do is to directly report to mods and not give them the attention they don't deserve by quoting them over and over. Don't play their game.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil

Maybe don't project your shit onto other people.

I wouldn't even have drawn a line between the two things had they gone ahead with the reveal.

It's not a bad thing that they're doing this, but it doesn't move the needle because they'll also do the opposite if it better suits them.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Like most corporate statements, the newest one doesn't mention the word "police" anywhere. "Unjust treatment and systemic bias" are great free-floating adjective-noun pairs in that sense.

Unjust treatment by whom? Systemic bias by what system? Someone definitely didn't want to say it's by the police and the american justice system.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Maybe don't project your shit onto other people.

I wouldn't even have drawn a line between the two things had they gone ahead with the reveal.

It's not a bad thing that they're doing this, but it doesn't move the needle because they'll also do the opposite if it better suits them.

Removed.

Last edited:

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I just read the OP again. Clear Brazil and Mifec are right. Unlike Sony, EA doesn't mention the word 'racism', doesn't explicitly mention or support #BLM or anything like that. It's a more wishy washy statement than I thought at first glance.

Shame.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I just read the OP again. Clear Brazil and Mifec are right. Unlike Sony, EA doesn't mention the word 'racism', doesn't explicitly mention or support #BLM or anything like that. It's a more wishy washy statement than I thought at first glance.

Shame.
Exactly, Sony's statement is actually quite clear and takes a specific position (well as specific as a multinational company's position can be). EA's move is welcome but the message is meh.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
It feels more a PR spin than a real concern about the situation from my point of view. If they haven't said a thing, no one would have talked about the game tomorrow.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA can fuck off until they donate or do something further. Companies should not have the luxury of statement only.