• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this trending on Twitter but didn't see a post here about it

Highlights some of the "new" features such as:

- improved ball-carrier moves with the skill stick
- new pass-rush mechanics
- user-controlled celebrations
- "realistic open-field tackling" whatever that means

Also not sure if this was confirmed previously but it seems Lamar Jackson is the cover athlete.

Official version has since been uploaded by EA

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
They're showing a fair bit of stuff before their event on Thursday, aint they? Wonder if they're gonna replay a lot of this or if they're making room for other stuff.

Anyways, yup. That's football.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
The little behind the back movement they showed looked pretty much indistinguishable from previous versions.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm missing something that trailer is current gen footage.

Is there one showing PS5/XSX footage?

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
g7Voabk.png

DeVante Parker getting beaten by Stephon Gilmore... So, Madden 21 is super unrealistic then?

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
I don't follow Madden, but I do FIFA and had a glimpse of hope to see a step up when next-gen approaches. It looks kinda the same and that's a bummer, and I'm guessing the same will apply to FIFA.

The last time I felt FIFA changed massively was around 09 or so, and it was only still innovative for a few years after that. I had fun this generation but I'm kinda over the current gameplay and menu system. It's gotten old and stagnant.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Excellent. Showing this now leaves more room for the Dead Space and Mass Effect remasters.

Nah, they'll still show this at the event. It'll be shortly before the Skate 4 announcement.

Not sure if they'll have space for Dead Space remaster when they going to spend 15 minutes on Burnout Paradise 2.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks better than the intial PS4/XBox One did comparatively, but EA sports first game in a series on a new generation of hardware always looks like an uprezzed version of the previous gen

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like they just added a few minor updates and are preparing to go all out for next-gen next year. Lame, but unsurprising.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow Madden, but I do FIFA and had a glimpse of hope to see a step up when next-gen approaches. It looks kinda the same and that's a bummer, and I'm guessing the same will apply to FIFA.

The last time I felt FIFA changed massively was around 09 or so, and it was only still innovative for a few years after that. I had fun this generation but I'm kinda over the current gameplay and menu system. It's gotten old and stagnant.
Can blame Frostbite for that tbh.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Excellent. Showing this now leaves more room for the Dead Space and Mass Effect remasters.

EA Digital Event will have the following games:

- FIFA 21
- NHL 21
- UFC 4
- MADDEN NFL 21
- Star Wars Squadrons Gameplay
- Josef Fares new title
- new games to be announced

Mass Effect Remastered won't be there.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Ah cool. So seems Smart Delivery is also coming to PS5 then.
Madden has smart delivery for ps5
That's very smart of Microsoft.

Actually no, Madden NFL has a different system and it does not support "Smart Delivery"

www.ea.com

Feel Next Level with EA SPORTS™ - EA Official

Experience the next generation of sport with new features to Feel Next Level in FIFA 21 and Madden NFL 21 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

This year, we're excited to deliver two distinct Madden NFL 21 experiences across Xbox One and Xbox Series X; but we don't want our players to have to purchase their favorite game twice in a year when our game comes out before the next gen tech does. This means we won't be taking advantage of Microsoft's Smart Delivery technology

Madden 21 will not be a smart delivery title. EA will upgrade your version of Madden to the next gen version for free (pending you purchase and redeem the next gen version within the stated time period), but this is something EA is doing as a publisher. It is not part of the smart delivery program.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
When have sports game trailers ever been?
You're mostly right. I'm somewhat into sports but dont buy sports games, though I typically do watch the trailers and can get excited about something in them. But this was.....slow, boring, not dynamic, still seems to have stuff animations, and contact looks just as wack as it always has. I thought next generation would increase something other than resolution and load times but then I remembered this is EA Sports. Just a poorly directed , edited and produced trailer all around.

I won't downplay the team's work here, because development of any sort is a feat but I will say the incentive for them to evolve must be super low knowing they're still the only kids on the block with a football and a yard to throw it around in.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Damn, I remember the first time they sold us on "you can do moves with the right stick" as a back-of-the-box feature like 15 years ago.

If Madden were an FPS its trailer would be like "DOMINATE the BATTLEFIELD using all-new SharpShooter Analog Trigger Controls! Gather MEGA Health Packs to outlast your enemies! Taunt your foes with the revolutionary Dab On 'Em Engine (press Y to dab)!"

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
I think it might be, remember last gen, the game on PS4 looked like a PS3 game

Had a far worse season and got hurt

still won the Super Bowl so in the end it doesn't matter
The YouTube screengrab doesn't contain any next-gen logos, and the game will most likely be released before next-gen launches.

If that trailer showcased next-gen Madden, EA would make a bigger deal and let the whole world know

denseWorm

Banned
May 15, 2020
These games are special for me, they weren't often available in the countries i lived in growing up but i love the gameplay.. might get this~

By the way, can anyone say if Madden 13 is better then 15 for the PS Vita? I ask because i have 15 but it's a pretty bad port/downsizing, wondering if it's worth getting 13, or if it'll be more of the same~

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably play the EA Access trial for an hour or 2. Then try it again on Series X then actually play it when the game comes to the EA Access Vault.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The hits have zero weight or impact to them. It's really weird.