• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
mad-max.gif

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I trust George Miller and I'll be there at the cinemas day 1, but I gotta say what I really wanted was another Max movie.

Furiosa was super cool but she is no Max Rockatansky.

Fingers crossed George and his team will knock it out of the park again. Fury Road was one of the best if not the best cinema experience I've had in the last 10 years.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
very excited for this. but i do hope we get more Max and maybe, just maybe, the v8 interceptor can survive until the end

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I trust George Miller and I'll be there at the cinemas day 1, but I gotta say what I really wanted was another Max movie.

Furiosa was super cool but she is no Max Rockatansky.

Fingers crossed George and his team will knock it out of the park again. Fury Road was one of the best if not the best cinema experience I've had in the last 10 years.
I agree with everything except I thought Theron was more compelling than Tom Hardy. And that's no shade on him, he was very good. But now they're not bringing Charlize either? Seems crazy to ditch both of them.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anya Taylor-Joy is playing Furiosa, Hemsworth is playing the antagonist who isn't Immortan Joe, apparently.

I loved Charlize Theron in the role but I sure as shit am not going to complain about ATJ.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with everything except I thought Theron was more compelling than Tom Hardy. And that's no shade on him, he was very good. But now they're not bringing Charlize either? Seems crazy to ditch both of them.
Wait, Charlize isn't on this???

This makes no sense lol

Edit: Ah Anya is on this. I have no problem with it, I love her.

Hemsworth should play a young Lord Humungus lol, with the mask and the thong.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
it's actually happening!

I want more from Theron's Furiosa, but I've got zero doubts about Taylor-Joy so it all works out

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
If there's anyone I trust to be able to make a movie that overcomes "the inherent problem with prequels", its George Miller.

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
I'd prefer a sequel I think, maybe see what becomes of that society, something, but I'm not sure Theron would be up for another shoot from hell, and I'm sure they'll be able to make a "it's the journey, not the destination" movie that's awesome.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm obviously here for it and am happy for Anya but still wish he was just doing something else. I want no tainting of MMFR.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Miller, Hardy, and Theron all had a difficult time working with each other on Fury Road. They've cleared the air since, but it's prob no surprise that, faced with doing another Mad Max movie, Miller would want to work with someone new

MMFR had all the acclaim etc but definitely did NOT do box office gangbusters lol
Miller was also suing WB for years over Fury Road, which didn't help move things along either!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised this is actually finally happening. I guess we may see it release around 2030 lol.

I don't care for the idea behind this movie to be honest. Furiosa without Charlize seems misguided. And I don't care for either ATJ or Chris Hemsworth. And good luck to Jorge Miller, just about every single non-MCU movie Hemsworth has starred in has been a box office bomb.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Not terribly thrilled about it being a Theron-less prequel, but there's still no way I won't be there day one.

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Budget$154.6–185.1 million
Box office$374.7 million

Marketing budget not usually included + the international gross contributes way less to studio profits and so means less. Domestic gross only 153m. At best it broke about even - which is no guarantee for a sequel, especially given all the production woes and lawsuits after the fact :P

But to be clear, we're on the same side here. We stan MMFR <3

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Surprised given I'd heard the rainfalls in Broken Hill were hitting record numbers again. Glad to see it all worked out!

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Do we know any plot details besides "it's a prequel about Furiosa"?

The story was, yes a prequel about Furiosa's backstory that was going to be told via an anime before Fury Road but when those plans fell through the script was revisited a lot and became a big sweeping saga that's not just strictly a prequel but takes place over a span of years.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
7940f72cb3c1cb274c191214c1e1dee4.gif

Please god let Wasteland go straight into production after this one.

Pikachu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just noticed cinematographer is different from fury road. hm

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Love ATJ, hope she kills this. Is she going to shave her head for it??
*puts on speculation-based-on-nothing-more-than-overthinking-the-established-lore hat*

Since none of the remaining Vuvalini shown in Fury Road have shaved heads, I imagine that Furiosa's shaved look is something that she adopted/was forced on her after being press-ganged into Immortan Joe's service, and will possibly be a big visual/thematic moment during the course of this film.