• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It's a perfect motion picture, start to finish, and this scene is my absolute favourite. Dropping the ram to quell the fire, the noise the engine makes when the pipes open at 3:16 and that fucker GASPS, the MUSIC, Max and Furiosa working quietly, seamlessly together, those RELOADS... I saw this thing five times at the cinema. It's a profound piece of purest cinema.
Are you me? I have these exact same thoughts lol. The quick millisecond nod between Max and Furiosa

1) removed their distrust of each other
2) made them realize they are both on the same side
3) acknowledges the circumstances surrounding them

Conveyed so much about the world and reality they live in without uttering a single word. In any other director's hands, this movie would have been an unmitigated disaster.

Fury Road is my #1 action movie of all time. Dethroned T2, Aliens and Predator.
I know these posts are older, but I had to say that I agree completely.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

curse you!

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
it blows my mind that a 70 year old man went out in the desert and literally ran laps around action directors today

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Don't bump old threads, especially if there aren't any updates. Thanks.

Dec. Interview with Miller for deadline
OP
OP
Captjohnboyd

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's still a go and potentially his next film

"I'm not done with the Mad Max story and I think you have to be a multi-tasker and there's certainly another Mad Max coming down the pike after this," he said. "We're in preparation on that as well. It's an interesting question, the idea of multi-tasking. I discuss this with other filmmakers and I think what happens to me is that when you're working on one thing, and you get so distracted and focused on that one thing, it's like a creative holiday to focus on the other one for a bit. It helps you achieve that objectivity, to look at the thing afresh each time and say, I thought I was doing this, but it doesn't seem to be the case now."
Full interview at the link

OP
OP
Captjohnboyd

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017