• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
What would an Indiana Jones game do that the 6 Uncharted games haven't already done?

I think telltale-like or broken sword style game would have been more interesting

This news seems kinda meh but get that bag, lucasfilms

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I've never been into Indiana Jones but I'd be curious to check this out. I wonder if it will be on Game Pass day 1.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Show going multiplat was almost certainly a precondition to Sony hanging onto the MLB rights - not Sony unilaterally just deciding to embrace bringing their games to other platforms.

I mean sony could still make a good baseball game but there wouldn't be a single great mlb game anymore. Either way it's a big aaa game with a long history on ps going multiplatform. So would it be outlandish for ms to do the same for some of their games.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I feel like making Todd Howard EP on this project is how you get Todd to stay on after, presumably, receiving more money than any man could ever spend in the MS acquisition. "You could take the money and run Todd, or what if you were in charge of the next entry in the Indiana Jones series?"
Being Bethesda's most important employer ever, do we have any idea how much he got paid in stock bonuses even if zenimax was private? If he had even 1% of the stock he would have netted 75 million, I suspect he might have had more...

Oct 30, 2017
Do folk really care for an Indiana Jones game. Like I enjoy the movies but never in my life have I thought to myself "golly gee, I sure wish I was Indians Jones".
Naughty Dog spent a decade and a half making 4 Imbiamba Jones ripoffs and people threw GOTY awards at it. So yeah I think people want some Indy in their lives. Don't avatar quote.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at how many people in here were disappinted with Wolfenstein 2 compared to The New Order. It got a better critical reception if I remember right.

Nothing in either game has stuck with me as much as the Hitler scene in Wolf 2. I definitely think it was the better game.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
place your bets:

idTech
UE4
Other
Creation Engine

Either idTech or UE5, for sure. MachineGames has been on idTech since their inception, pretty much in lockstep with id Software, but it seems like MS as a whole is pushing UE among a lot of their devs, and Arkane Austin is apparently switching to UE (although Lyon is still on id), so it's more likely one of those two. If it's third-person, id seems more out of the question, because I don't think anything third person has ever shipped on idtech.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Yes, their game plan seems more in the "accessibility to all" and less "limit to only this system".
I don't think this is what was asked. Disney/Lucas approaches Bethesda to make an Indiana game: there will more than likely have been some kind of deal inked that involves platforms and expectations. Everything else is a mystery, and probably will remain for the sake of marketing. I'm not sure MS buying the publisher that was involved in any deal means they can change a contract, but I don't know. Perhaps only if Disney agrees to new terms and thinks an audience like PS is worth forgetting.
Are we really doing this in every Bethesda topic? And i ask this as someone that only plays on Sony consoles.
It's clear this will be a MS / Xbox / Gamepass thing, come on now.

There are a lot of people who just want one platform and for them it is a PS5. So for them it makes sense to do this in every Bethesda topic.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
What would an Indiana Jones game do that the 6 Uncharted games haven't already done?

I think telltale-like or broken sword style game would have been more interesting

So what if we have uncharted, what's wrong with two series with similar pathing? Just give me both

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Yes, their game plan seems more in the "accessibility to all" and less "limit to only this system".

Their game plan has been accessibility across any screen you use, not any device. Spencer has specifically said they don't have any plans to bring more games to Switch, for example. And the games they did bring were smaller releases like Cuphead and Ori, where the studios themselves asked for permission to make ports.

Microsoft have no interest in just becoming a big third-party publisher. Minecraft has always been the exception, not the rule.

I think people hanging onto this hope that Bethesda games will continue to be multiplatform, are just setting themselves up for disappointment. They didn't pay $7.5 billion dollars for a series of Game Pass deals..

Plum

May 31, 2018

- A more lighthearted because you're killing Nazis instead of needlessly murdering foreigners to stroke Drake's ego
- The backing of a literal billion-dollar franchise that is a point of nostalgia for multiple generations of people
- A time-period and setting that the Uncharted series never delved into
- A greater focus on fisticuffs instead of just gunfight after gunfight
- A main character with a drastically different back-story to Nate, and all the ramifications of that
- The whip!!!!

All that without even the confirmation of Harrison Ford as Indy.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
So every Bethesda game announcement thread will be like this, huh? More talking about whether the game is exclusive or not instead of talking/celebrating a cool videogame announcement. Shit is tiring.

I'm looking forward to it, I love MachineGames and Indiana Jones.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
It also needs to be raised that Microsoft can and may have to renegotiate the contract anyways depending on when it was signed to do things like bring it to Game Pass. Paying to have Deathloop and Ghostwire go multiplat or worse get pulled from PS5 would have been needlessly expensive for two untested new IP. For a AAA Indiana Jones game 2-5 years away, that will sell systems and that is worth every penny.
It probably wasn't the cost that stopped ms from taking those games off PlayStation. It was more likely the expected public backlash because they had already been announced as timed exclusives.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Regardless of whether it's exclusive, it's far enough off for a nice price drop in XSX, so if it's that good, maybe that's the time for me to get back into Xbox a bit.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Disney will definitely be okay with releasing this game everywhere but the most profitable platform. Some people...

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So every Bethesda game announcement thread will be like this, huh? More talking about whether the game is exclusive or not instead of talking/celebrating a cool videogame announcement. Shit is tiring.
it's gonna be like this until the acquisition is finalized and MS is allowed to reveal their plan for bethesda games.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Laughing at the potential of Uncharted vs Indy console warring.

Indiana Jones was always one of those franchises folks wished had more games.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this is mixing action with actual puzzles (as in P'n'C adventures) and a cinematic style like Uncharted. This way it could become my game of the forever.

Kaergun

Nov 22, 2017
This has to be a third person game right? I wonder if it will have a "hat system" like RDR2.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Huh, Machinesgames? Really curious to learn about this. First or third person, Ford or no Ford?
They gotta bring Ford in for this. He loves the character and he even did a lot of new dialogue for that Lego Star Wars Force Awakens game so he's done game VO before.
Love Indiana Jones so tentatively excited for this.
Don't let the legacy of Fate of Atlantis and Emperor's Tomb down!

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like Spider-Man? That was multiplayer before a deal was made?

a deal was made here as well, in the tune of 7 billion dollars.

I don't think if sony would snack SE or capcom or shit that everything would be exclusive either. Most of the stuff sure, but I don't care as a pc gamepass User.