• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Macaulay Culkin joins calls to get Donald Trump cameo removed from Home Alone 2

Actor tweets that he is ‘sold’ on idea of digitally replacing Trump with an older version of Culkin himself

872.jpg

Home Alone star Macaulay Culkin has endorsed social media comments demanding Donald Trump's cameo in the film's sequel be digitally removed and replaced with one of an older version of Culkin himself.

Culkin replied to a tweet that asked "petition to digitally replace trump in 'home alone 2' with 40-year-old macaulay culkin" with the single word: "Sold." Culkin then followed up by responding "Bravo" to another tweet that contained a comic edit of Trump replaced by empty space.

Having just rewatched Home Alone 2, that fucking cameo took me out of the film. Approve 100% to remove the orange turd.

keep-the-change-you-filthy-animal.jpg

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I always remember this, but until a few days ago I had totally forgotten he had a big cameo on an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Dude popped up in the weirdest places.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, include it with the old cut, but don't just erase the old version. That's stupid.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Usually my opinion would be to keep the original, BUT I'm all for this solely because I'm a spiteful bitch and I just know this would piss off Donald way more than it would piss off just about anyone else. There's no true justice in this world, but pissing Donald off with this would at least be a crumb of it.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Petition to also replace the Donald Trump cameos in both Fresh Prince and Little Rascals with older Macaulay Culkin.

Keep the call-out in American Psycho, though.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Culkin should make a new Home Alone where Kevin is called in to defend the White House from Trump.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
An older version of himself? If they made it work and had nice special effects, that would be the greatest thing ever. Trump gone is just a bonus.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I mean, include it with the old cut, but don't just erase the old version. That's stupid.
You're right they shouldn't remove Hatsune Miku from the old version, it's just erasing history and there's no piece of history more worthy of conservation than goddamn Home Alone 2

TromboneTony

Oct 27, 2017
Trumps' in The Little Rascals movie (reboot? remake?) from the 90's too for about 10 seconds. Get rid of him there too!

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I'm usually against special edition-ising movies, but in this case? I'm all for it, and the burning of all existing DVDs and VHS tapes, to erase Trump's prized cameo from history.

tenor.gif

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Have Bruce Willis do it, since we all know that Kevin McCallister changes his name and grows up to be John McClane.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Kevin McAllister has been elected the President of the United States.

The Vice President, Presidential Cabinet, and the entirety of the Secret Service and White House staff leave on an apology tour across the world...

But they forgot Kevin.

This holiday season, President McAllister is home alone in the White House and has to defend the executive mansion from the disgraced former President and Vice President trying to break in and take back the government.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I saw both the edited version on free form and un edited on hbo. I like the new re edited version on free form . They also took out the part were they sexually assaulted the women on the crosswalk which I think is also fine.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Can we remove him from Little Rascals next?

The only good thing about his appearance in Little Rascals is the outtake during the credits where Trump clearly has no idea what's going on.

I watched this with my 8th graders a few years ago and they all screamed in horror when he came on screen. It was hilarious.