• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you eat this

• yes

Votes: 198 71.2%
  • no

Votes: 29 10.4%
  • what is wrong with you

Votes: 51 18.3%

• Total voters

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
would you eat this

PD7dWkn_d.jpg

where did i go wrong

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Lemme blow ya mind, i put peas in my mac n cheese every time i make it

and little cubes of fried spam too

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I rather often add peas into my pasta sauces/veggies. Fits both with tomato and cream sauces.

Edit: Sometimes I put peas into scrambled eggs.

May 24, 2019
Add some ketchup and I'm there, dude.

edit: Seriously though. Pasta, steamed veggies and cut up sausages has been one of my go-to lockdown struggle meals. No problem with peas and pasta.

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
That's a classic grandma meal right there.

Just need a little sauteed onion, garlic, tomato paste and parm.

Salt+pep to taste.

That's the basic version anyway. Very easy to spice it up/mix it up. So good

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Poor man's cabonarra is alfredo, bacon, and peas.

It's great, classic grandma meal as BLEEN said. My grandmother used to do macaroni, red sauce, and cottage cheese too... she called it macaroni and cheese. I was too dumb to know what's what, and didn't have food aversions as a kid and LOVED it.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I like to fry up some beef, add it to the mac, and add peas. Shit's delicious. Sometimes I add bacon too. Cause why the fuck not, it's your world, do what you want with them peas.

I've also been known to add ketchup.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
man if I was a kid, and my mom fed me that,I'd think I did something wrong. Why you punishin me ma?!?

I don't like peas though. Tomatoes sound good w/Mac n cheese.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Do y'all put the bag of frozen peas in with the pasta and cook both at once? Or does that end up leaving the peas cooking too long?

I've always just made them separately.

(Also peas are great. Regardless of whether you want them in pasta or not. I think mushy canned cafeteria peas ruined a lot of kids on the whole idea of peas.)

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I'd do a Veganised version. My Grandma also used to do mac and broccoli as a kid; hated it but again the same would scoff down on it now.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. Peas generally have no taste and add nothing to the dish with their mushy consistency. I dont mind them but I wouldnt miss them either. I would add mushrooms instead.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. Frozen peas are a great quick, easy way to add some color and a vegetable to all sorts of pasta and rice dishes. I'll put them in things like fried rice and tuna noodle casserole, etc.

Do y'all put the bag of frozen peas in with the pasta and cook both at once? Or does that end up leaving the peas cooking too long?

You can just throw them into the dish at the end for a minute and they'll basically thaw in the residual heat, while retaining their color and texture. Frozen peas are cooked before they're frozen, so you really just need to thaw them and warm them up. Cooking them more than necessary will make them lose their bright color and get mushy.

Last edited:

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
It's not bad but if I'm eating mac and cheese in the first place, it's not to be healthy. Mac and cheese is best as its own side dish to a meal that has protein and veggies as well, anyway.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
Mac and Cheese
package of tuna
Can of cream of mushroom soup
can of peas (drained)

Fucking enjoy.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Peas are a staple of my pasta dishes.
Generally because there's always frozen peas in the freezer so it's an easy option.

Oct 31, 2017
Would I eat that? Hell yeah! I tend to like my mac and cheese just plain macaroni and cheese, but peas would make for an excellent addition for sure.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like peas. But I'll empty a whole ass can of tuna into a pot of mac if the mood strikes me, or I need some extra protein. So I'm not casting judgement.