• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I just found out about this because amazon jp sent me an email about it. Can anybody outside japan order the switch LE? It's showing me that it won't ship to canada but the ps4 version will.

May 10, 2019
I'm hoping the initial Aleste collection does well because I'd love to see a collection with Zanac, Zanac EX, Gun Nac, Zanac X Zanac, Guardic, and Guardian Legend. TGL is legitimately my all time favorite game and being able to tell people that it exists and is obtainable on modern systems is a bit of a dream. Not sure if they'd have to jump through an extra licensing hoop with Irem (or Granzella?) though.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah none of the Switch versions will ship to the US, which is weird. I pre-ordered the regular edition for PS4 but if the Switch one ever changes to shipping to the US I'll grab that one instead.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I would have ordered both Switch and PS4 from Amazon but the shipping limitation put a stop to that. Oh well.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Man I regret not buying the ps4 LE just to have one since it was the only one amazon was shipping internationally. I really hope more units get made available and the amazon allows for the Switch version to ship internationally this time. -.- I don't want to have to pay nearly double through a reseller.

I'm also excited they're doing an Aleste 3. I wonder if it will be an actual GG game or just a GG simulation. If it is an actual GG game I look forward to someone later making a custom cart version of it to play on a real GG.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Man I regret not buying the ps4 LE just to have one since it was the only one amazon was shipping internationally. I really hope more units get made available and the amazon allows for the Switch version to ship internationally this time. -.- I don't want to have to pay nearly double through a reseller.

I'm also excited they're doing an Aleste 3. I wonder if it will be an actual GG game or just a GG simulation. If it is an actual GG game I look forward to someone later making a custom cart version of it to play on a real GG.
They said GG Aleste 3 is made to hardware specs

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017

Same. At first I thought it was too expensive, but now that it's sold out I want it.

They've shown pictures of Aleste 3 with a Game Gear box and cartridge and supposedly the cartridge actually works. I know M2 created the arcade System 16 port of Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa, but are there any other examples of them creating a new game to original hardware spec??

Last edited:

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
They said GG Aleste 3 is made to hardware specs
Yeah I've read that but I'm just waiting till the title comes out to see if it fully is a GG Game Image or just a new game running under GG limitations. I do have some hope because in the new trailer you can see some sprite flickering and slowdowns so it does give me hope (plus knowing that M2 have in the past made some of their remakes/updated games run on original hardware).

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I've read that but I'm just waiting till the title comes out to see if it fully is a GG Game Image or just a new game running under GG limitations. I do have some hope because in the new trailer you can see some sprite flickering and slowdowns so it does give me hope (plus knowing that M2 have in the past made some of their remakes/updated games run on original hardware).

They released two authentic Famicom/NES games just this year, I think it's a pretty safe bet.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever talk about the 16 bit titles like they said they were going to at TGS?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
xMX0jCP.gif
Putting my rage gif behind a spoiler tag

I'm pretty sure amazon jp just had stock again of the LE and they're already gone. I saw Switch version had an add to cart button but it wouldn't let me and then I noticed Ps4 LE "others bought" had the proper price as well but when I click it would show out of stock for amazon and after a few mins the switch version stop having the add to cart button. I've been checking this thing every freaking day morning and night just incase stock would return. -.-

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
- Update -
And it's gone now. That was fast. =/

- Org Post -
Erg. I missed the switch version but quick PS4 LE is still in stock at amazon (the LE is the one that includes the GG Micro)

Amazon.co.jp: ć‚¢ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć‚æć‚³ćƒ¬ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æćƒ­åŒę¢±ē‰ˆ ć€é™å®šē‰ˆåŒę¢±ē‰©ć€‘ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & ćƒ“ćƒƒć‚°ć‚¦ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒ‰ćƒ¼ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & čØ­å®šč³‡ę–™é›† åŒę¢± 怐Amazon.co.jpé™å®šć€‘ęćäø‹ć‚ć—ć‚¢ćƒŠć‚¶ćƒ¼ć‚øćƒ£ć‚±ćƒƒćƒˆ 付- PS4 : Video Games

Amazon.co.jp: ć‚¢ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć‚æć‚³ćƒ¬ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æćƒ­åŒę¢±ē‰ˆ ć€é™å®šē‰ˆåŒę¢±ē‰©ć€‘ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & ćƒ“ćƒƒć‚°ć‚¦ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒ‰ćƒ¼ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & čØ­å®šč³‡ę–™é›† åŒę¢± 怐Amazon.co.jpé™å®šć€‘ęćäø‹ć‚ć—ć‚¢ćƒŠć‚¶ćƒ¼ć‚øćƒ£ć‚±ćƒƒćƒˆ 付- PS4 : Video Games

Last edited:

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Never mind. More is in stock for PS4 & the switch version is up as well. Go Go Go

Amazon.co.jp: ć‚¢ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć‚æć‚³ćƒ¬ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æćƒ­åŒę¢±ē‰ˆć€é™å®šē‰ˆåŒę¢±ē‰©ć€‘ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & ćƒ“ćƒƒć‚°ć‚¦ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒ‰ćƒ¼ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & čØ­å®šč³‡ę–™é›† åŒę¢± 怐Amazon.co.jpé™å®šć€‘ęćäø‹ć‚ć—ć‚¢ćƒŠć‚¶ćƒ¼ć‚øćƒ£ć‚±ćƒƒćƒˆ 付- Switch : Video Games

Amazon.co.jp: ć‚¢ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć‚æć‚³ćƒ¬ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æćƒ­åŒę¢±ē‰ˆć€é™å®šē‰ˆåŒę¢±ē‰©ć€‘ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & ćƒ“ćƒƒć‚°ć‚¦ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒ‰ćƒ¼ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & čØ­å®šč³‡ę–™é›† åŒę¢± 怐Amazon.co.jpé™å®šć€‘ęćäø‹ć‚ć—ć‚¢ćƒŠć‚¶ćƒ¼ć‚øćƒ£ć‚±ćƒƒćƒˆ 付- Switch : Video Games

I got a switch order in and canceled my ps4 one already.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Never mind. More is in stock for PS4 & the switch version is up as well. Go Go Go

Strange - switch version says available, but wont add to cart.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Strange - switch version says available, but wont add to cart.

Probably sold out (looks that way when I look now). PS4 looks to still have some (the non amazon extras one).

For me when I was able to grab one it didn't list normally and just said multiple sellers and when I clicked to see it had amazon.jp at the top which I was able to add to cart and check out with.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It does (i'm in Canada) but it has to be sold by Amazon.jp and not a 3rd party seller. The Amazon.jp stock is now sold out. I would say if you're interested check back in the 2 days prior to launch and on launch (Dec 24th) incase extra stock shows up.
The sold by amazon switch le preorder would not ship to my canadian address. This is, afaik, specific to that version since the PS4 one did in the past.

I'll check again in a few days before release though

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I discussed in a PM with Fularu but for anybody wanting the switch version of the LE, if they go back in stock try the Amazon extra bundle (Amazoné™å®šć‚ć‚Š, It's just a swapable game case cover) as that one had no issue with me getting it shipped to outside japan (To a canadian address).

There looks to be no restrictions on both versions of the LE for the PS4 version.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Cheers for this, was going to bed last night and thought I'd check era on my phone before sleeping, and saw your post and managed to stumble to my laptop and nab a switch copy.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Oh I forgot to post this yesterday but I noticed in recent videos on M2 youtube channel they showed off (poorly) GG Aleste 3 running on an actual Game Gear. They also showed off in another video the collection itself for ps4 (looks amazing).

GG Aleste 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5Y-AwIL3U&t=19m
Collection - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUSDc5ay7Gw&t=11m

Cheers for this, was going to bed last night and thought I'd check era on my phone before sleeping, and saw your post and managed to stumble to my laptop and nab a switch copy.

Awesome. Glad to see someone was able to have some success. I'll keep posting in this thread if I see amazon get more for others.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Switch & PS4 CE's are available again.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
If anybody is still looking they're back in stock again on amazon.jp (see one off the above links). If you check and it's out of stock again, just keep rechecking throughout the day as they keep going in and out of stock (both switch and ps4) for the past week. I've also noticed the PS4 version (non amazon special) also sometimes will have a ~1,500Y discount (14,800 vs 16,280, but note in cart the price is cheaper as they remove jpn tax but will probably then tack on your local tax)

Amazon.co.jp: ć‚¢ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć‚æć‚³ćƒ¬ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æćƒ­åŒę¢±ē‰ˆć€é™å®šē‰ˆåŒę¢±ē‰©ć€‘ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & ćƒ“ćƒƒć‚°ć‚¦ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒ‰ćƒ¼ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & čØ­å®šč³‡ę–™é›† åŒę¢± - PS4 : Video Games

Amazon.co.jp: ć‚¢ćƒ¬ć‚¹ć‚æć‚³ćƒ¬ć‚Æć‚·ćƒ§ćƒ³ ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æćƒ­åŒę¢±ē‰ˆć€é™å®šē‰ˆåŒę¢±ē‰©ć€‘ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚®ć‚¢ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & ćƒ“ćƒƒć‚°ć‚¦ć‚¤ćƒ³ćƒ‰ćƒ¼ćƒŸć‚Æ惭惛ćƒÆ悤惈 & čØ­å®šč³‡ę–™é›† åŒę¢± - PS4 : Video Games

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
So I've seen shots of the actual Game Gear cartridge but nobody seems to know where or how to actually buy that version of the game. The best I've found is a photo of it that got posted a few days ago on 4chan of all places. Is it included in the ebten DX edition only? Does the Deluxe package that comes with the Game Gear mini have it? What's going on with this?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yeah from what I've seen it's just a one off for promotion purposes to show GG Alest 3 is a real gamegear game that runs on original hardware.

It would be awesome if they did do a real production run like they are for Darius for mega drive/genesis.

-edit-
If you check out some of the YouTube videos I posted above with M2 they show off the game running on a game gear. They also show photos from a few events they took it to.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If anybody is still looking they're back in stock again on amazon.jp (see one off the above links). If you check and it's out of stock again, just keep rechecking throughout the day as they keep going in and out of stock (both switch and ps4) for the past week. I've also noticed the PS4 version (non amazon special) also sometimes will have a ~1,500Y discount (14,800 vs 16,280, but note in cart the price is cheaper as they remove jpn tax but will probably then tack on your local tax)

Oh no. I had an order through an Amazon JP third-party seller for way more than MSRP since I thought this wouldn't come back in stock. I just requested a cancellation but I had to go through an Amazon messaging bot and I doubt the third-party will allow it. What a mess.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That sucks. I hope you're able to get it canceled. -.-
I was! The third-party seller was actually surprisingly cool and just canceled it no questions asked. I'm sure they'll be able to sell it no problem now that it's out of stock again. I think I got the last Switch pre-order on Amazon, because it switched to third-party right after I placed my order. This thread saved me over $100!

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
So glad I checked this thread, I'll buy Aleste digitally on PS4. Will be an extra Christmas treat.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I was! The third-party seller was actually surprisingly cool and just canceled it no questions asked. I'm sure they'll be able to sell it no problem now that it's out of stock again. I think I got the last Switch pre-order on Amazon, because it switched to third-party right after I placed my order. This thread saved me over $100!

tenor.gif

Great to hear.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Well today is the big day. My wallet already cried when it saw the pre-charge from amazon :(

Anyways here is the first tweet I've found of someone with the LE. Amazon now shows sold out for switch but if you act quick three are still some for PS4 and even at a better price.

I've always wondered if the LE box was going to be big or tiny but it actually looks pretty big over all.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Well today is the big day. My wallet already cried when it saw the pre-charge from amazon :(

Anyways here is the first tweet I've found of someone with the LE. Amazon now shows sold out for switch but if you act quick three are still some for PS4 and even at a better price.

I've always wondered if the LE box was going to be big or tiny but it actually looks pretty big over all.

This will be my first LE ever and one of the reasons I hate LEs is how big some of the boxes are. Damn!! Excited for the game though.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
giphy.gif

My order shipped. If all goes well I can see it being here by the 26th (I had something ship out sunday/monday this week and show up today from amazon.jp and I doubt they will be doing deliveries on christmas).

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't realized Ketsui had actually released on PSN. Insta bought it when I saw it browsing the store; shot triggers have never gotten a sale price on PSN BTW, so waiting for a discount is futile IMO.