• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That... looks great. Giving me Tintin vibes. I am very much down with this

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
looks so fucking good. it's 3d, but feels like it retains all the charisma Lupin has. so fucking in.

Oct 25, 2017
This looks great.
Between this and Dragon Quest, seems like Japan is finally getting CGI down... mostly *looks at the ugly Pokemon remake*

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that looks awesome. What a flashback, I remember always loving catching this show when it came on. Does it hold up?

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that looks awesome. What a flashback, I remember always loving catching this show when it came on. Does it hold up?

They released a new TV series last year, the dub is airing on Toonami now.
And yeah, it holds up. They even "update" it (the first arc of the new series has Lupin stealing Bitcoin)

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Wow. Definitely looks a lot better than that Pokemon CG remake. And also, the actual title is actually Lupin the Third: The First. I was confused at first by the OP title thinking it would be about the original Arsene Lupin.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
First time hearing of this. I can't imagine the face I made when I first saw it was CG, but I was pretty much sold by the end, lol. Excited.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
That...actually looks pretty good. The thread title made me think this was going to be about his grandfather for a second.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oszfmfl.gif

That...actually looks pretty good. The thread title made me think this was going to be about his grandfather for a second.
I thought the exact same thing too. LMAO.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Damn that looks great.

The quality kind of reminds me of the Dragon Quest movie coming out next month. Wonder if it's the same studio behind this.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why the first? This looks amazing

The actual title is "Lupin III The First", the thread title is wrong.

Anyway, looking at some news articles, apparently the plot of the movie is about the "Bresson Diary" that Arsene Lupin once failed to steal, and even the Nazi regime pursued during WWII. So, Lupin III becomes interested in its mystery.

Damn that looks great.

The quality kind of reminds me of the Dragon Quest movie coming out next month. Wonder if it's the same studio behind this.

Same director.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
It... It looks glorious.

I'm amazed at how well they've translated the characters.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They went from the legit masterpiece that was Part 5 (Lupin vs Facebook) to this!?

How do they keep topping themselves with this franchise?

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm shocked at how much I liked this trailer, they did a great job with this since generally animation to CG stuff I'm not a big fan of.