• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 13 1.9%
  • 95-99

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 68 9.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 355 51.7%
  • 80-84

Votes: 207 30.2%
  • 75-79

Votes: 30 4.4%
  • under 75

Votes: 7 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uenEY8Q_d.jpg

this is my first Luigi's Mansion game i will be providing my review Live in the thread.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
title screen: it appears to be a mansion of some kind. setting is daytime. i have two options: story, and ScreamPark, which it's greyed out. the music is whimsical and relaxing. classic title screen imo

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm being told this game saves automatically, and to not turn off my console while Saving... is displayed. there is no way to turn this off. immediate point deduction.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
This is a wild next few weeks

• Luigi's Mansion 10/31
  • Death Stranding 11/8
  • Pokemon Sword/Shield 11/15

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo! Just picked up my copy in NYC. No OT yet, eh??

Excited to dive into this tonight. Perfect Halloween title.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it seems that Luigi receives some kind of a ghostbusters backpack from an antique car. currently doing the tutorial on how to use it. there is a charming ghost dog that is helping. so far it's a light to strong 9.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
turns out this game is mostly about stealing money from forgetful hotel workers? it's a ballsy move in today's political climate, but hey finders keepers i guess.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I also got an early copy - you get all your new abilities pretty quickly (Gooigi, Plunger Shot) as well as your old ones (Black Light) like within the first 2-3 hours. I don't know if you get anything else later on, but I'm enjoying it so far.

The first character ghost is a concierge that's immune to flashing when he's holding a suitcase, but after he throws one at you there's a chance to hit him with it and suck him up. The next character ghost after that is a maid that steals E. Gadd's suitcase, and tasks you to use the Plunger Shot on the suitcase inside her in order to deal damage - all the while chasing her through rooms on the 5th floor.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Last edited:

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I won't be able to play this until the end of next week since I preordered from GAME because of the steelbook and I live in the US. Can't wait to try it.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Was so looking forward to this game, and now bumming on the news re: no option to invert Y axis. But someone else suggested that the original Luigi's Mansion never had that option either. If that's the case, then I probably have nothing to worry about, because I had zero problem enjoying the original on Gamecube. But I haven't played it in many years. Can someone please confirm?

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
Was so looking forward to this game, and now bumming on the news re: no option to invert Y axis. But someone else suggested that the original Luigi's Mansion never had that option either. If that's the case, then I probably have nothing to worry about, because I had zero problem enjoying the original on Gamecube. But I haven't played it in many years. Can someone please confirm?

The original had it inverted and you could not change it. Here it's the other way around.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
The original had it inverted and you could not change it. Here it's the other way around.

Fucking SIGH. There's still hope that it won't be a deal breaker for me if it's just aiming the flashlight/vacuum nozzle etc. and not controlling a camera per se.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

I mean no one will have an issue if they can just learn a new control scheme input

I don't see why this is such a dealbreaker for some other people

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
waiting for the OT...

Console Creatures (no score):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is an excellent game. The third entry is easily the best in the series and offers an expansive campaign that while not particularly challenging, is engaging and exciting. Luigi isn't his brother Mario, but he is the only character a game like this works with. His mannerisms, his attitude and everything about Luigi exhudes charm and hilarity. Luigi's Mansion 3 is one of the best looking titles to date on the Nintendo Switch and I can't get over how much detail Next Level Games crammed into this game.

Gamepur (no score):
I know a lot of people were skeptical about Luigi's Mansion 3 because everyone has a favorite game in the series. Some people prefer Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube's free roam creepy adventure, while others prefer the mission structure and gameplay of the second game.

The third entry represents the best of both worlds with Nintendo pulling the best parts of the games into one complete package. This melting pot of a title is sure to excite any fan of the series as a whole. It is a marvelous game and another gem on the Nintendo Switch's ever-growing library.

Daily Mirror (5/5):
In a year of stunning Switch games, Luigi's Mansion 3's puzzles and charm more than stack up alongside the incredible Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Link's Awakening. We're so glad the franchise is back, and it's made the jump to HD with style - who knew tidying up could be this fun?

Pocket Gamer UK (4.5/5):
While Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey impressed with the scale of their ambitions, the success of Luigi's Mansion 3 is built on countless small details.

Yes, it looks and feels great, with some rich texture work, expressive character design, countless visual gags and some irresistible fluid mechanics. There's also local and online multiplayer, which is a mixture of knock-about mini-games and co-op time trials.

But your full investment in the game is earned through the hundreds of tiny morsels of joy, endlessly inventive environmental flourishes, and constant shiny rewards of its extensive campaign. It's a game that offers you an ornate toy box and invites you to play around with it, and there's nary a wasted inch of space to be found.

GRYOnline.pl (8.5/10, review in polish):
It's hard to say anything more about Luigi's Mansion 3, other than "it's cool." Not everything works perfectly, but it definitely is a very good game - weird, but good. It brings fun, but not emotions. It's memorable, but it doesn't make for a good game to talk about with friends. Still, if you own a Switch, you should be happy with the purchase

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys shouldn't I be able to play now? Nintendo won't let my start my digital EU copy!!

edit; nm, it's working now YAY

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I also got an early copy - you get all your new abilities pretty quickly (Gooigi, Plunger Shot) as well as your old ones (Black Light) like within the first 2-3 hours. I don't know if you get anything else later on, but I'm enjoying it so far.

The first character ghost is a concierge that's immune to flashing when he's holding a suitcase, but after he throws one at you there's a chance to hit him with it and suck him up. The next character ghost after that is a maid that steals E. Gadd's suitcase, and tasks you to use the Plunger Shot on the suitcase inside her in order to deal damage - all the while chasing her through rooms on the 5th floor.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
Spoilers...