• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 13 1.9%
  • 95-99

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 68 9.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 355 51.7%
  • 80-84

Votes: 207 30.2%
  • 75-79

Votes: 30 4.4%
  • under 75

Votes: 7 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed to hear it takes on a more level-by-level structure as you progress up the hotel. I was hoping for more of an inter-connected world, but at least it's not the mission-based structure like LM2 was.

Will pick up on Thursday if I can find it for a good price.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Seems like it's great, good to hear. I played a demo version not too long ago and it looked great, but the controls were a bit clunky. My only complaint with it, really. Will pick it up at some point for sure.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Pretty awesome review scores.

That's the fifth Nintendo published game to have over a 95% critic recommendation on Opencritic this year.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see this is reviewing well. I liked LM2 but the lack of checkpoints killed it for me. Seems like that's less of an issue here with the revised gameplay structure, so I'm definitely interested.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe for the next game of this series, they can scale down on the Haunted Mansion and make it more inter-connected again. Well, at least it's not missions like in Dark Moon. ^^

Seriously, people don't know about Daylight Savings Time and are actually confused by it?

More like whatever scheduler they use to publish the articles hasn't been changed yet. I doubt that most websites have actual people sitting there, looking at a clock and hit "Publish" when it's due. ;D

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
User Warned: Console wars
Good review scores especially if compared other recently released first party title MediEvil.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
Looks like the prediction was right about the consensus being that it's better than Dark Moon but higher expectations meaning that doesn't really show all that clearly in the scores.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On GameSpot Extra Life stream, Evan Langer (not the reviewer of the game) said it's his personal game of the year and it took him 11 hours to beat. He was totally gushing over the game.

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, GamExplain citing the slam move basically destroys any satisfaction in the combat or 'tug of war' feel entirely. Game balance is decimated by it.

I'm out. That was depressing to watch and listen to in the review.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Andre was a little disappointed by the final boss. He said the build up to it was probably the best sequence ever in a Luigi's Mansion game.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
year of the switch
and that's with pokémon coming in three weeks
EH-IxB5W4AE2U-q

JRvvfrh.png

qSqDMK5.png

oKhCVkr.png

ATvRCUL.png

oWUvrkB.png

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Well. Then it will be the first Luigi's Mansion game for me. I just can't resist after that.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Damn France is loving this:

jeuxvideo.com 18/20
Gamekult 8/10
Gameblog 9/10

All excellent scores for these sites.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Am I the only one who listens to video review as I didn't want to spoil looking at anything I want to see it for myself

excited to play this game

Apr 21, 2018
Great job and congratulations Next Level Games. Proud to say this game was made in Canada! They are about to have a multi-million dollar classic on their hands. This might be their best achievement yet.