• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 13 1.9%
  • 95-99

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 68 9.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 355 51.7%
  • 80-84

Votes: 207 30.2%
  • 75-79

Votes: 30 4.4%
  • under 75

Votes: 7 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is high 80s, don't see it getting into the 90s. Could be low 80s but no way it gets in the 70s.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I think 88. Everyone who has talked about it says it plays weird, but that it's charming and has great boss fights. Very excited to spend my Halloween night playing co-op with a friend.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
My gut says 82, but it will play like a 90

This is all of course totally objective, I just think if you enjoy the formula it will be a 9/10, but since it won't break any terribly new ground reviewers will treat it as more of an 8/10. If you don't already enjoy these games, it's probably unlikely this one will change your mind.

That all being said, looking forward to it!

reviews start dropping

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Press Start Australia
Luigi's Mansion 3 is an extremely solid entry and another must-have for Switch owners. The game has a tonne of improvements that feel natural and make for great puzzles. It's also an absolute treat visually.

Vooks
Luigi's Mansion 3 is the best in the series, gooey hands down. Its fully co-op compatible story mode constantly delights and innovates, taking full advantage of Luigi and Gooigi's vacuuming antics, both old and new. Although the dedicated multiplayer modes ultimately aren't going to sustain repeat visits, they are a sideshow to the story's main haunt.
4.5 / 5

Last edited:

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
From what we've seen, I think it will be difficult to get carried away and go above an 8/10 or 4/5 for this. But because places like Nintendo Life exist, I'll go for an average score of 82.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Here the thing with metacritic - in order for a game to score in the 90s, it needs lots of 10/10s and 5/5s to offset all the 8s and 7s. For whatever reason, certain types of games (party, fighting, fitness, rhythm, etc) are pretty much never given "perfect scores," and so these games rarely get meta scores higher than 87. For whatever reason, I feel like Luigi's mansion fits in this category, where even if the game is executed well it won't get many "perfect scores." We shall see though.

I predict 84-88

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
people predicting 90+ should really go in with

CraftyClumsyBalloonfish-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stevivor (8/10):
Despite its annoyances, Luigi's Mansion 3 is a hauntingly good time, packed with charm everywhere you look. As someone who has once dabbled in the franchise, I'm already hooked — I can imagine those already in love with Luigi (and Gooigi!) will find this a trick rather than a treat.

The AU Review (4/5):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is an example of Nintendo at their best. It's a little different to the usual Super Mario fare but much of it is still very familiar. It features gorgeous presentation, striking the perfect comedy-horror tone from the jump, and its animations are broad and expressive. For families looking for a haunted house to explore over Halloween, look no further, and don't worry — Luigi's got your back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Digitally Downloaded (4.5/5):
For my first experience with the Luigi's Mansion series, I had such a good time. Boiled down it's a fairly simple riff on GhostBusters, but Luigi's Mansion has been produced with such a sense of humour and eye for detail that it has a personality and uniquely Nintendo quality all of its own. Halloween always brings the deluge of seasonably-themed games, and so many of them aim for a true kind of horror. Nintendo tops the pack this year with something that revels in the silliness of the season, and it does so with panache.

Vooks (4.5/5):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is the best in the series, gooey hands down. Its fully co-op compatible story mode constantly delights and innovates, taking full advantage of Luigi and Gooigi's vacuuming antics, both old and new. Although the dedicated multiplayer modes ultimately aren't going to sustain repeat visits, they are a sideshow to the story's main haunt.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3DNews (9/10, review in russian):
For about six months now, Nintendo has been steadily releasing one excellent exclusive per month, and October was no exception. Luigi's Mansion 3 is one of the best adventures for the Nintendo Switch, which looks great and plays just as well. It's hard not to notice how much effort and time was invested in every small detail, and all this was not in vain - thanks to the visual design, animation, lots of different situations and interesting uses of the mechanic, Luigi's Mansion 3 gives so many positive emotions that it's definitely not possible to miss it. Recommended.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really impressed after playing at a conference. Don't know how it compares to previous ones since I've never played a LM.

Going with 81.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impulsegamer (4.5/5):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is the high point of the series not by virtue of revolution, but by refinement. The developers have expertly identified the individual strengths of the previous two Luigi's Mansion games and meshed these together with a slew of new features to create the most compelling Luigi's Mansion game to date. The environments are huge, varied and exciting to explore. The new abilities are fun to use and add new layers to the puzzling and combat challenges. The addition of co-op to the story mode is a great way to share the experience with a partner and the multiplayer modes are nice value-adds to the package, despite feeling slightly underwhelming compared to the main game. It's very difficult to fault Luigi's Mansion 3, which has earned it my full recommendation to anyone that owns a Switch.

WellPlayed (8.5/10):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is a fun, endearing, endlessly creative and beautiful puzzle-platformer that can proudly sit amongst the other greats in the Nintendo Switch's library. It has its moments of frustration and some odd issues, but it's an experience that quite literally sucks you in from the very beginning, and will have you captured you right up until the end.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I think it'll be in the low 80s - very polished but with some weird Nintendo design choices that chip away at the playability.