• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
ERA = / = reality

Just because a small pocket of people dislike it on era does not reflect the wider reality of Dark Moon being critically and commercially better received. It reviewed far better than the original and far better than the 3ds re-release of the original
I get the critically more acclaimed; but sales are not a determining factor of quality. Too many variables.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
do we know if they're retaining the mission structure from dark moon or is it more like the first game where it's more of a straight progression?

i have to admit, replaying the first game on 3DS i was kind of shocked at how often e gadd drags you out of the mansion for stuff, i remembered it being a lot more open as a kid

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Were people really not expecting the floors to be segmented? I am fine with a levels approach to Luigi's Mansion for this one.

Dark Moon wasn't frustrating because of the segmented areas. It was frustrating because of the missions that required you to retread old ground constantly when you should have just been allowed to complete each mansion all in one go. I also disliked it for the lack of ghost variety and relatively generic designs, both of which seem to be addressed by LM3. Oh and E Gadd's incessant calling that could thankfully be skipped.

The only thing that really disappoints me is the lack of that semi-chilling atmosphere they had in the first, but it at least seems less lighthearted/goofy than Dark Moon.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
I get the critically more acclaimed; but sales are not a determining factor of quality. Too many variables.

No sure but by every metric Dark Moon was / is preferred by most people yet here on era its apparently "disliked" where as the original is the pinnacle of the series. Its fine to prefer the original but this rhetoric of Dark Moon being widely regarded as a disliked down step from the original is complete nonsense

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
No sure but by every metric Dark Moon was / is preferred by most people yet here on era its apparently "disliked" where as the original is the pinnacle of the series. Its fine to prefer the original but this rhetoric of Dark Moon being widely regarded as a disliked down step from the original is complete nonsense
Yeah that's true.

I mean it's no secret ERA leans more toward Metroidvania/Zelda design than the general public

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see this as a matter of the first game vs the second game. I don't think either of them execute on the concept as well as they should. Both games are pretty average to me. I was just hoping this one would take the concept in a direction I'd be more interested in but it doesn't seem that way. Game still looks fun, just not exceptional. We'll see. Hope I'm wrong.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
When is the embargo up? Saw some bring this up, but no answer. Cautiously optimistic about this one. Really hope it's great.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame the floors seem to be just levels, would have been cool to have a fair amount of backtracking.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope that the adventure is more continues, in LM2 you get ripped out of the game every 20 minutes just to return to a slight variation of the same environment 5 minutes later.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
You are missing out, it is a great series. if you listen too much to everything here you will dislike pretty much every game out there.

No, no, "I'm good" as in "the game having the same "issues" as the previous two won't affect me as much as people that played then".

It's pre-ordered :) look like a fun game!

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I had this on order since it was announced, the news coming out about the game is hyped!

It looks so good, it also doesn't seem to be a easy game either.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, is this so far the graphical showpiece on Switch? I don't think any other game looks as good. It's got some serious Disney quality to it (old school good Disney, not new age corporate Disney)

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Shame the floors seem to be just levels, would have been cool to have a fair amount of backtracking.

Yeah listening to Andre answer question on the GX video today about this deflated my hype a tiny bit. Seems like the floors are just sort of levels and that you don't really backtrack a lot. To me this could make the mansion feel less immersive and less like an actual place Luigi is in. Still, I'm gonna hold off on conclusions until I play it myself.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Guys, is this so far the graphical showpiece on Switch? I don't think any other game looks as good. It's got some serious Disney quality to it (old school good Disney, not new age corporate Disney)
Unfortunately its framerate is also more appropriate for films than for games :/

short is almost always better.
6-8h is the sweet spot.
I don't mind short games but I like extra content and replayability. Link's Awakening for example is really short but also very limited in content. Once you finished it once you have seen almost everything the game has to offer. I hope Luigi is different.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind a short game, 10 hours is perfect. With Pokemon coming 2 weeks after this, I need to finish LM3 ASAP.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I'm not sure what people are expecting; Luigi's Mansion was never a Metroidvania. So long as the episodic nature of 2 is out the door, I'm sure this will be great.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
The German magazine M!Games already reviewed the game in their current issue. They gave it 89% and say it's the best Lugi's Mansion title yet. Luigi's Mansion (3DS remake) and Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon both got 78%. 17 years ago Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube got 87%.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
When will the reviews drop?

The German magazine M!Games already reviewed the game in their current issue. They gave it 89% and say it's the best Lugi's Mansion title yet. Luigi's Mansion (3DS remake) and Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon both got 78%. 17 years ago Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube got 87%.

Nice! Anything else from the review?

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Nice! Anything else from the review?

The praise the riddles, the humor and the typical Nintendo charme. It takes 15 to 20 hours to beat the game.
There are no technical issues like stuttering or tearing.

Unfortunately there are some disadvantages if you play the game on a Switch Lite. Because of the missing rumble function it's harder to find the ghosts in the furniture. The motion controls only work if you seperate both joy cons from the Switch. On the Switch Lite you control the vacuum cleaner with the right analog stick. Of course offline multiplayer is only available on the regular Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately there are some disadvantages if you play the game on a Switch Lite. Because of the missing rumble function it's harder to find the ghosts in the furniture. The motion controls only work if you seperate both joy cons from the Switch. On the Switch Lite you control the vacuum cleaner with the right analog stick. Of course offline multiplayer is only available on the regular Switch.
It doesn't shake like odyssey?

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The praise the riddles, the humor and the typical Nintendo charme. It takes 15 to 20 hours to beat the game.
There are no technical issues like stuttering or tearing.

Nice, thanks!

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
To be honest , i have watched the leaked story mode and some animations and gameplay made me laugh out loud and i am feeling quite stressful due to personal problems

This game is good way to de-stress and being entertained at the same time!