• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luigi or Gooigi?

• Luigi

Votes: 256 30.8%
  • Gooigi

Votes: 149 18.0%
  • Polterpup

Votes: 425 51.2%

• Total voters

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First impressions, gameplay wise, are a bit underwhelming. I'm basically sucking up every little thing I see for money without knowing why I should be doing that, instead of exploring. Am I... playing it wrong?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
First impressions, gameplay wise, are a bit underwhelming. I'm basically sucking up every little thing I see for money without knowing why I should be doing that, instead of exploring. Am I... playing it wrong?

stop doing the things you don't like doing and focus on exploration instead?

The animation here is nuts. I love Luigi's shiver when something scares him that continues while he walks. Also the lighting is bonkers.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Legit chuckled at the OT title, well done whoever came up with that.

Really excited for this game, looks like a lot of fun.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gooigi might just be the most fun video game character name to pronounce out loud.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Yeah, if that's not giving you satisfaction with environmental interaction then stop doing it. It blatantly points out keys so just get those and ignore everything else.

Meanwhile I'm hoovering up ALLLLL the things.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh man, the elevator music is a remix of the main theme from Dark Moon!

Luigi also hums along to it. And reviewers were saying he didn't hum at all. =P

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Missing sound effects while playing on tv. Anyone else having this issue? Fixed the problem. Set switch to automatic instead of surround. All sound effects working properly now.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
The default control feels kinda weird to me, made some changes in the settings and it's much better now.
Turned off Gadd's tips as well, the constant interruption was a bit too much.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
is this game made for kids or will adults like it?

i mean I'm 28 and I enjoy it. The puzzles are neat and the charm is universal

some touches I've liked in the first hour or so:

the puzzles are great even at the beginning. Using the plunger to open up the secret path outside the mansion to peek on the ghosts on 5F was great. Also looking into the telescope to unlock that hidden ghost and using the plunger to pull the vending machine and get the ghost in the washing machine were also great touches.

I just unlocked Gooigi and I'm so ready to keep going

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game makes me really extra annoyed that the pro controller doesn't have a headphone jack. Really wish I could play the game on my TV with headphones, but ain't a thing.

So far though it seems magnificent. It's pretty astounding how good it looks, even in my shit TV.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I actually don't like the controls for aiming the vacuum. It's not the direction, it's the lousy precision with aiming and swerving.
I keep fiddling with the control options but nothing really works perfectly for all things. Aiming the vacuum is so cumbersome.
EDIT: Just realized you can use the black light by holding L and R and if you hold B you will switch to the other movement style. Turing moving while sucking on and using the B button when I need to walk backwards and suck helps massively. Aiming is still a bit odd but this improves things.

Last edited:

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched a review that said you can't invert the y axis. Is that true?

Anyone know if it's being patched in?

I'm not sure if I can play a game where I've got to play against 30 odd years of playing games inverted...

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just watched a review that said you can't invert the y axis. Is that true?

Anyone know if it's being patched in?

I'm not sure if I can play a game where I've got to play against 30 odd years of playing games inverted...
It's highly doubtful since none of the other games in the series have that option.

Gyro controls are an option, however.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember when I was a kid and went into the city at night with my parents to pick up GameCube and Luigi's Mansion at midnight launch. I was so blown away by that game and replayed it countless of times. I also remember the utter disappointment I felt with Luigi's Mansion 2 and the mission structure. It feels so good to finally play a proper new Luigi's Mansion after all these years.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I keep fiddling with the control options but nothing really works perfectly for all things. Aiming the vacuum is so cumbersome.
EDIT: Just realized you can use the black light by holding L and R and if you hold B you will switch to the other movement style. Turing moving while sucking on and using the B button when I need to walk backwards and suck helps massively. Aiming is still a bit odd but this improves things.

Yeah it took me alittle bit to figure that out makes it alot easier, shooting the plunger is still alittle too high sensitivity tho.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This is my first Luigi's Mansion game. I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to get the gems and things I see when I look through a crack in a wall.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely use L/R for the flashlight/plunger. The flashlight felt super clunky in combat until I realized you didn't need to use the face buttons.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Head over to the Nintendo Japanese game page for some wonderful illustrations of how Professor E. Gadd created Gooigi.

diary1_img02.png

diary1_img03.png

Jagsrock

Oct 25, 2017
This game just ooooozes charm from the animations to the detailed and interactive environments it's just so good .For a haunted hotel it feels very much alive. Really loving this game so far.