• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. Love that there's co-op and then an 8-player co-op mode. Crazy.

Nintendo really knows how to work around their system's shortcomings to get the most visually. Very clean and pleasing.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds wonderful. Hopefully you can change controls.
Yeah. I was such a great time. The atmosphere was excellent and the tonal mismash of the happy Mario aesthetic with dank, castle-like environments was just perfect. I was always excited for this, but it's shaping up to be one of the highlights of the show.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Do we know if the game is level-based, like Dark Moon, or is it more open-worldish like the original?

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
This and Link's Awakening were my favourite bits of the Direct. Looks so good. Gooigi is inspired.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Will the whole game be playable in co-op at all times or just situation specific? It wasn't clear from the presentation...

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the cover

switch_luigismansion3pjkfi.jpg

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Do we think this is definitely 8-player? Wasn't sure if that shot with the 4 extra Gooigis might just be some Double Cherry-like gimmick for the Scarescraper. Hyped if so.

I wonder if it's partially single Switch local or not, or if that's just for the campaign co-op.

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if they've dropped the mission structure and gone back to a more Metroidvania style exploration? I'd love that.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I never played the first two games, but this game looks RAD. Looking forward to playing it. Shame there is no release date, means it probably won't make this year then.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if they've dropped the mission structure and gone back to a more Metroidvania style exploration? I'd love that.
Yes, the structure is more like 1, they confirmed it. More free roaming.
I never played the first two games, but this game looks RAD. Looking forward to playing it. Shame there is no release date, means it probably won't make this year then.
It's 2019 lol, watch the trailer.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Gooigi was created because they wanted a second player character...couldn't they have just used a different character like Daisy? Gooigi in single player sounds cool though.

There's some easter eggs like the Mario Strikers portrait!

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Seems like some of these new Ghosts are evocative of the "portrait ghosts" people thought was a big missing feature of the 3DS game. I didn't think it was that big a deal, but interesting to see them probably react to some criticism.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I cannot express how absolutely hyped I am for this game. I. shit. you. not. More excited for this than even Death Stranding. I know that's ridiculous.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Luigi's Mansion looking really good. Seems like the perfect mixture between the Puzzling elements of the OG version and the action stuff from Dark Moon.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Love that they're returning to one huge mansion (or hotel in this case) to explore, instead of a bunch of smaller ones. Hopefully this comes out for around halloween time.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
So dang chuffed that we're going back to the more exploration focused design and dropping the missions

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Looks absolutely amazing and it's now on top of my most wanted list. Hope we get a release date soon (and it's not December).

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Stellar showing in the Direct. I just hope there will be secrets aplenty to discover in the hotel, but I'm sure there will be. I'm expecting exploring all these mysterious and spooky rooms to be a big chunk of the game, and if so, it'll be right up my alley!