• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RalliArtEvo

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Nintendo should cross-promote this with Count Chocula, releasing Gooigi Puffs Cereal, and when you open the box it just pours out glowing green slime, and you're all like "Uuuhhhh I'm not sure I want to eat this," but then Reggie, who you thought was retired, clamps his hands down on your shoulders and whispers in your ear, "Bon appetite"

I'll take two please!

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
tenor.gif

Perfect release date for a good looking spoopy game. Know what I'm playing this Halloween night.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Town? That's the only thing from the top of my head I can think of.
bayo 3 also doesn't have a date. (lol)

yea I could see a port announced in sept for December. Maybe w101, though I'm starting to think that's getting an outright sequel. maybe Pikmin or MPT...

December could also be random 3rd party stuff, depending on panzer dragoon, witcher III, FF8, FF:CC, silksong(?), etc

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I remember Dead Space 1 was scheduled to release on Oct 31 2008. Scary survival horror game, made perfect sense. But then apparently they realized that in order for everyone to have a chance to buy their copy in time to actually play it on Halloween, they should probably bump it up to Oct 15... so at the last minute they did exactly that.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
If they are gonna release it on Halloween, I hope they do a good spooky commercial or at least one with the production values like Dark Moon got. Not another let's show gameplay while a very friendly narrator describes everything you do in the game.
Nintendo should cross-promote this with Count Chocula, releasing Gooigi Puffs Cereal, and when you open the box it just pours out glowing green slime, and you're all like "Uuuhhhh I'm not sure I want to eat this," but then Reggie, who you thought was retired, clamps his hands down on your shoulders and whispers in your ear, "Bon appetite"
Count Chocula? It's all about the Boo Berry cereal.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet!!
August Astral Chain
September Link's Awakening
October Luigi's Mansion
November or December Silk Song?
Can't wait!
July - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
August - Astral Chain
September - Link's Awakening
October - Luigi's Mansion 3
November - quite unsure about Pokemon (did not like previous entries)
So the games keep on coming I guess, nice!
August; Astral Chain
September; Link's Awakening
October; Luigi's Mansion
November; Pokemon
December; ???????

December is the N64 Mini.

let me dream

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
giphy.gif

My pumpkins are ready.

I really enjoyed the Luigi's Mansion arcade machine a few months ago. I wonder what the plans are for Luigi's Mansion after this.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesnt matter when it releases really, I'm excited regardless, but releasing it on Halloween is ridiculous. It should have released in the 2 weeks or so leading up to Halloween, not on the day itself.

It'd be like releasing a Christmas song on Christmas day, or a scary movie on Halloween. It'd work obviously, but not the way I'd want it to.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Nintendo Gamestorm™ of 2019 (the second half of it at least) continues unabated.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Is there a game currently without a date? Xenoblade 2's December launch date wasn't finalized until the September Direct as well, but it was a title that had been without a concrete one.

No other 2019 first party games are undated. Detective Pikachu 2 and Animal Crossing are 2020 and Bayonetta 3, Prime 4 and BOTW2 don't have dates.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Really? No way!

Again, it would have made more sense to release the week prior to Halloween, unless the game is super short and can be finished in one day.

You wouldn't release a Christmas movie on Christmas Day. You release it before.
The week before wouldn't really be that much better as that's the release week of CoD, The Outer Worlds and Medievil. Yes, they're not direct competitors for Nintendo as they're for other platforms but they do take over some mindshare that could affect sales. Early October (something like the 11th) would probably be better as there's even less scheduled for then, but maybe they couldn't make that date without cut corners or severe crunch or whatever.

I still don't think 31st October is a bad date at all - right now it's the only major new game releasing that week, and a Halloween release for a spooky game works well for marketing. On top of that, the previous games in the series did just fine releasing outside of the Halloween window anyway so I really don't think people are just going to stop buying this just because it's no longer October

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I didnt know how much I wanted this game until E3.. it looks darned good.

As for a December release, a port of sort is expected.. I could see it being aimed more at the mature audience since LM, Sonic x Mario, Pokemon are mostly aimed at the younger audience...

I would absolutely love for it to be Metroid Prime Trilogy.. but who knows at this time. But since Pikmin 3 port was supposed to be a thing this year it's probably that.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever writes the OT subtitle is going to have a field day with potential picks between the obvious Hotel Mario jokes and the appropriate date (The Eve of Luigi?)