• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the date wasn't stated at E3 because it's what they were targeting but couldn't pin down with 100% certainty until recently.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Nintendo are on point this gen. They just need to improve the online infrastructure (just give us party chat) and it's in the god tier of consoles imo.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Can't wait!
July - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
August - Astral Chain
September - Link's Awakening
October - Luigi's Mansion 3
November - quite unsure about Pokemon (did not like previous entries)
So the games keep on coming I guess, nice!

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Knew it was coming in October. But they chose the perfect date in October. Now they just need a December game and won't have a gap in any month until the end of the year.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
So now we know why Nintendo didn't announce the date at E3.

They were having an internal civil war on whether to release it on October 31st... a Thursday, or miss Halloween by a day and release on their typical release day on November 1st.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Early October would have been preferable. I expect a sale decline leading into the holiday season vs. steady sales all month.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3spooky5me

I've never been a fan of Halloween season things releasing on Halloween itself but whatever, it makes for a good date as far as the publisher is concerned. It's certainly easy to remember

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, that's the perfect date. I guess they always aimed for it the reason they didn't anounce it at E3 was because they weren't sure they could get it ready in time.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
source.gif

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its an awful date for me, im busy all Halloween so i cant actually play it until November :( what a buzzkill

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Nintendo always said "Late 2019", so I always assumed early December ala Smash Ultimate. Really cool that we are getting this a lot sooner.

August; Astral Chain
September; Link's Awakening
October; Luigi's Mansion
November; Pokemon
December; ???????

Don't forget Daemon X Machina in September as well.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I'm not sure why they waited until now to announce the date, but I'll take it. Gonna get my spoopy vibes going on the 31st.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A non-Friday release in Europe, I'm shocked.
Here Nintendo release absolutely everything on Fridays.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
August; Astral Chain
September; Link's Awakening
October; Luigi's Mansion
November; Pokemon
December; ???????
I don't know if they release anything in December this year, they have so much coming out that they don't really need a December release. Maybe a late Wii U port... or Metroid Prime Trilogy, in an ideal world.
A non-Friday release in Europe, I'm shocked.
Here Nintendo release absolutely everything on Fridays.
Nintendo releases everything simultaneously worldwide on Fridays, starting with the Switch.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe it's the "perfect date" for people who expect to beat it in a single night.

Otherwise you're really gonna have to explain to me how it's "perfect" to play a haunted mansion game in November.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Noice. I already had a bunch of horror games lined up for this October, so this will be the perfect game to end the month on.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yay! perfect date. i was afraid the october 4th leak might end up being true, that would have negatively affected the sales of late september games and i wouldn't have had time to play them before LM3.