• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

snesiscool

Feb 15, 2018
BOTW 2 will be guaranteed to look even better & be an even larger game than the first one, especially when Wii U is no longer around to hold the graphical quality back, as BOTW 1 was mostly developed with Wii U in mind.
You can already see improvements in the reveal trailer, the most impressive (for me) being proper shadows for dynamic light sources. This is a feature found in pretty much every AAA game except on the Switch, so I'm glad it seems to be coming to BOTW2.
Presumably, gameplay scenes will have these shadows, since the trailer seems to be in-engine, and the in-engine cutscenes in BOTW didn't have any features that gameplay scenes lacked, just the same features with the quality turned up.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
CtT6boJ.gif

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Next Level Games is the new Retro Studios. I can't wait to play this tomorrow!

Now imagine Mario Strikers on Switch

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
It looks SO good omg. I can't believe it runs on the Switch, what kind of sorcery is this

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
To those who are playing right now, are the googi sections more fun when you're controlling him or is it more fun local co-op?

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From these gifs, I can say the lighting looks better than the current newly released PS4 game I'm playing

Outer worlds

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does the game have actual ghost bosses like 1 or just big generic ghosts like 2? That's the deal breaker for me.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered this and the eshop says double gold coins until 8:59 PT today. Upon check out it only said 300 coins, what gives?

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Luigis Mansion 2 already looked extremely good on 3DS. The developer just know what they are doing.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This is why i've been excited for NLG. Metroid Federation Force was obviously a disappointment, but otherwise they have made extremely good, to great, games. Nintendo really needs to let them continue doing whatever they want, if they aren't already.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Been playing a little while and it really does look amazing, even better than it did in videos. Loads of physic objects everywhere too, and mirrors that actually work. And the animation is incredible

Post screenshots, people. I want to play so bad. Going to try and hold off until a patch comes to enable inverting y-axis, though.

You can control the y-axis by tilting the joycon, which might feel more natural than non-inverted sticks.

I'm worried about the amount of frame rate drops we're going to have to suffer through.

Zelda Link's Awakening's graphics were beautiful but the hardware couldn't keep up.

I could definitely notice the drops in Link's Awakening but so far I haven't noticed any in LM3.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's stuuuuuupidly gorgeous, and locked to 30fps, to boot. I cannot wait to see DF break down the insane screen-space reflections and material-based lighting going on in this game. All that plus Luigi's emotive animations.

I called it the prettiest Switch game yet in my Ars review. It's no contest. Not even close.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I just ordered this and the eshop says double gold coins until 8:59 PT today. Upon check out it only said 300 coins, what gives?
Like similar offers, the rest are given after release.

Keeping also in mind that you get double of what you originally got. So if you got 250 coins, because you redeemed coins when purchasing this, them you'll get that same amount.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the opening cinematic and thought it was CG like Mario Sunshine, but then it straight up transitioned into gameplay and I was like, whoa!!

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
It's about time people started treating Next Level Games with respect as a Nintendo developer. They are some of the best animators in the industry. Time and time and time again they shine on Nintendo consoles and consoles in general. They're slowly crawling up the ladder of best Nintendo developers

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
How many fingers does Luigi have exactly? WTF!?
Four fingers and a thumb on each hand. Seems about right to me, comparing to my own hands though maybe I'm also a freak.

Anyway, there's a whole thing about why it's tabboo in Japan to draw a cartoon character with only 3 fingers, even if that would be more aesthetically pleasing.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Four fingers and a thumb on each hand. Seems about right to me, comparing to my own hands.
I must be tripping, my eyes are shot or my screen refresh is wacky, but that waving hand rapidly adds additional fingers. Looks like he has like 6 fingers and thumb as he leaves the scene.

Edit* I'm bet it's just my tired old eyes playing tricks. Lol.

Jan 11, 2018
It's about time people started treating Next Level Games with respect as a Nintendo developer. They are some of the best animators in the industry.

For sure. I especially love handcrafted animations like this, as opposed to motion capture. I absolutely LOVE Dark Moon, and if LM3 is as good as it looks, hopefully people will start seeing them as one of Nintendo's better development partners.