• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Nope! I did my tour, I will never challenge that cruel ass Christopher Robin deity ever again. I'm sorry for ever doubting your sir Robin, please have mercy on this pour soul, he knows not what he has wrought.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Finally tried it.

After getting raked over pure hellfire by Owl for an hour, I submit.

I SUBMIT!

Have you no mercy, you avian bastard?!

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, it's back! Let the suffering begin anew.

31/40 was as far as I got on the demon. This game, man. Will never go back, my sanity is too precious and fragile to go again.

Oct 25, 2017
f93.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Tigger took me over an hour to beat back when I tried. Maybe 2 hours. Christopher........I tried for more than a few hours a day for a few days. Got 37/40 several times. Eventually I gave up. I'm a man of reason I guess, but I felt so close to touching God.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I will repost what I posted on the old site, on February 10th, 2016, the greatest day of my life.

I HAVE DEFEATED THE LORD OF EVIL, CHRISTOPHER ROBIN

0t7mkmAl.png

Feep said:
NEW THREAD FOR NEW NEWS BITCHES DARK SOULS AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON C-ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

It took me so long. So, so long.

I'd been obsessed since the Winnie the Pooh Flash thread reappeared about a month ago. I'm fucking *good* at video games. I resolved myself, then and there, to defeat the game and its baleful master, Christopher Robin of the Hundred Acre Wood. I reached 39 pitches over a *month* ago, but then, for weeks, was unable to reach that stratospheric height once more.

You know, when you play that much, you take in all the minutia. Like how the draw order on the fences and river on the left side of the field is wrong. Like how, in the very far distance, there seems to be the beginnings of another field. What happens on that field? Is there happiness there, forever just out of sight?

Christopher Robin is a beast. The RNG might screw you; you need 80% of all pitches, and some of them are bullshit. Max speed base, Roo, and Tigger pitches are effectively unhittable. Minor-wobble Owl pitches are good around 50% of the time, major-wobble Owl pitches you're lucky to hit 20%; there seems to be no consistent way to line yourself up. Accounting for the above, on a *good* run, you've got about two mistakes to be made on every hittable pitch Robin throws.

This session wasn't marked by an exceptional streak of Home Runs. The RNG was good. I was hitting above pace up until 16 pitches remained (28/34 hit), when I dropped two straight (Max Speed base, minor-wobble Owl). I needed 12 out of 14, at that point, which if I had to guess, I could only do around 15% of the time...and that was discounting my rapidly elevating heartrate the closer and closer I got to the end.

I hit 13 out of 14 of those pitches.

Fuck you, Christopher Robin. Fuck you for the hours you've drained away from me, the unhittable pitches, the soulless gaze through which only Oblivion lives. I have beaten you, and never shall we meet again. There was no fanfare upon beating Christopher Robin, no credits sequence, no marker on the page to show it had been done.

But I know.

I'll always know.

Last edited:

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
Techinically, Christopher Robin is a "Special" stage. A optional boss of sorts. So all of us that have cleared up until Tiger can say that we've finished the game and moved on :P

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've spent the last 45 minutes looking for the MLG montage parody of this from a couple years back, but the title was all in leet-speak and I can't track it down :(

It was a classic!

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
OP, are you playing the japanese or english version?

Because if I remember correctly, the english version is nerfed and way easier.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I got to CR and quit

Even when you get good at hitting all his pitches at that speed 40/50 is an insane amount to hit.

Oct 25, 2017
NC
And like the entropic force that is Chaos, the legend of Christopher Robin rises once again.

The being that takes the form of man, but to those that were unfortunate enough to be in his presence know the terrifying truth. The truth that this soulless homunculi is no mere mortal, but a being most would call a god.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Never got past Owl. Fuck that piece of shit

Edit: I think I managed to reach Tiger instead. Can't recall it since I haven't play it in a while, but I definitely reached either Owl or Tiger. Either way, fuck the two of them

Last edited:

El_Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know you could level up your stats, I feel like an idiot lol, gonna give it another try

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
. . . You're not having a hard time playing this, OP?

I couldn't even make it past the first level. :( Was telling my friend a few weeks ago how hard this game is. He laughed at me.