• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 14, 2017
Finished off RDR2 about a month ago and wanted something short and sweet before jumping into another big game and wow this one hit the spot. I'm near the end of the game in the middle of chapter 8 and having a blast with it.

Love the focus on Chloe and Nadine plus having Sam show up is pretty cool too. I will say that the stealth sections have only been okay and the shooting sections while fun feel a bit looser than Uncharted 4 and like the enemies take way longer to take down.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I just finished it myself about 2 weeks ago. I loved Chloe and Nadine's dynamic. Great use of music throughout the game. I loved the first end credits song along with the animated versions of Chloe and Nadine's adventures.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game was so great, I hope we get a sequel where you can play as both characters.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished this game for the first time. Watching the credits as I type this. This was such a good game. The characters were written so well. Chloe and Nadine's relationship changing throughout the story was great to watch. They each brought their own strengths to the table. The The puzzles were simple, but challenging enough for a good time. The last chapter was a classic Uncharted setpiece and the final confrontation with Asav was epic.

I hate that I waited so long to play this. I bought it on a sale a while back. Naughty Dog should keep these two characters together for another game. They work together really well. I feel like I just finished the best Uncharted game. It's crazy how they keep getting better with each project.

Oct 30, 2017
Was my favourite Uncharted game. Brilliant characters and a nice length. Didn't care for the hub but I'm a linear kinda guy because I'm terrible at directions but I'm glad they had it in.

emilegc

Nov 1, 2017
I enjoyed Lost Legacy much more than Uncharted 4, and I can't explain why. Maybe I enjoyed more because it's shorter.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game needed at least one more big setpiece and another open world chapter like chapter 4. its a great game and a much more fun game than uncharted 4 but doesnt come close to the variety in uncharted 2 and uncharted 3.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's a great game. It has Uncharted 4's fantastic combat but the pacing is pretty much perfect. Chloe and Nadine were fun to play as/with. I also really enjoyed the open world structure, it felt good, and it was hard to get lost. It was nice to see a focus on India as well, that's somewhere we don't explore often in games. Overall just a really well made Uncharted game.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Chloe is the best character in the franchise, the best two games have her. #1 Lost Legacy where she stars and #2 Uncharted 2 where she is introduced. Not even Chloe's short segment could save the trainwreck of Uncharted 3.

Oct 25, 2017
Remarkable game, I'm still in love with Chloe and Nadine as a duo and want more of them.

Only two negatives for me, but they're a bit spoiler-heavy:

I really wish the series went back to supernatural elements. I don't know why Naughty Dog feels like they've grown out of this when The Last of Us was more mature than Uncharted in its story and had a bunch of super zombies in it. The enemy variety in Uncharted was never that big in the first place, but the supernatural enemies kept things fresh, especially nearing the final stretch of the games.

Uncharted 2 gets bonus points because the blue dudes and the fur dudes are the same thing plot-wise, but they still behave differently in gameplay, increasing enemy variety without having to shove in more supernatural threats in the story.

The other negative was that the final setpiece was so reminiscent of Uncharted 2. And it's all brand new assets, so they didn't really save any time, nothing was reused, it was merely a creative decision. It still feels fresh, and I love how they combined the final boss fight with the setpiece, but I still wish we had a more original idea to close the game.

Other than that, it's just spectacular. Not only the pacing is substantially improved from 4, but to my surprise I also thought the story was more successful in hitting some of the similar emotional notes 4 was going for. Chloe's relationship to her father was beautifully explored in this game, and made me care deeply about her.

I always loved Chloe since her introduction, but it was mostly her design, her personality and the fantastic voice acting. She didn't really have much depth to her, she was more of a fun companion than a fleshed out character that I love, but after The Lost Legacy she's the one carrying the torch, as far as I'm concerned. I think the series continuing with her would feel completely natural.

Please please please don't let Chloe's adventures die with one single game, Naughty Dog. :(

I know you guys probably want to make a new IP after an entire generation with nothing but sequels, but consider a new Chloe game in the future.

Wrote my thoughts a little more extensively here, if anyone cares.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I hated Nadine in u4, but I love Chloe. Luckily my favourite is the star of the show. I was unhappy you know whom tagged along, could have done without him, but he bridged a gap between Nadine and Chloe, and in fact the chemistry happened and I found Nadine not so insufferable after all. The ending was very funny in my feelings memory, uncharted2 level of funny. Fake memory or genuine, I ll know when I replay the game after I am done with u3 remastered.

I hope to play Chloe again, with the new protagonist.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
This is a true gem. The fact it was only supposed to be dlc and turned into one of the best adventure games ever is incredible. I actually got it with the season pass for uncharted 4 lmao!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd love for the Uncharted series to move forward with Chloe and Nadine as the protagonists. Maybe being able to switch between the two of them (with a nice fighting system upgrade for Nadine, but trade that off by having Chloe be the better marksman).

But maybe reduce the release schedule to one every 3-4 years. I'd prefer quality installments of such a long running series, and we know so little about Nadine and Chloe it'd be great to see more of their story over multiple games. Maybe bring Cutter back too lol

Edit: I had no idea people disliked Nadine. She's awesome, and a great foil to both Drake and Chloe in the two games she was in. I'd love to see more of her. She's badass and likable, but also a lot more gray area morally than Drake and Chloe are. That's a fun dynamic to play around with narratively.

Last edited:

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
This game scratched every type of Indiana Jones itch that I never even knew I had.
Amazing locations, nice interaction between characters and great pacing.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Flat out, one of the best Third Person Shooters of this generation.

That sweet, sweet refined Uncharted 4 combat shines here. I am a huge fan of the new gameplay Naughty Dog cooked up here for the last entry of Uncharted.

Really hope whoever takes up UC in the future keeps building the franchise on this gameplay. It controls and feels sensational.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Could be the most enjoyable ride of all games, right there with Uncharted 2 in excitement, but Uncharted 4 is definitely top for me.

A Thief's End was just an amazing experience with a magnificent closure to Drake and Co.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Good game but not as good as Uncharted 4. Nadine and Chloe's banter can be enjoyable at times but there's nothing more fitting to a treasure hunt than an excitable, enthusiastic man-child.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
Amazing game. might be the best Uncharted yet!
and that coming from someone who LOVED Uncharted 4.

Now that i think of it, Lost Legacy is one of the very few games i immediately played again, straight after finishing it for the first time..

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
This definitely has better overall pacing than UC4 but for replays I still prefer 4 due to the globe trotting aspect of it all, also I was kinda over jungle regions after the end of 4 so LL doesn't help so much there :p

The banter and character development is certainly more developed in LL however.