• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

John Marston

Oct 27, 2017
So I rarely play FPS games but I've always wanted to try out Titanfall 2 since I'm a mech fan and the footage I've seen was always very interesting to me. So I played the campaign in about 3 days and I was blown away. It's very accessible even for non-FPS players like me (controls were easy to get into and shooting and wall running mechanics was fun and engaging). The weapons and grenades were fun to use. And when I finally got to pilot a Titan, holy shit it felt great. Quite addictive really. I liked the different Titan load outs and the different attacks.

Presentation was incredible too. Graphics and art/level design were both excellent and had a good degree of variety. And the writing for BT was great (the machine character really had the most personality). Story could have been better with a more fleshed out setting and villains but it's passable.

And the different set-pieces/mechanics that the campaign introduced one after the other really made me go goddamn this is amazing (parkour, time travel, BT throwing Cooper, jumping between different aircraft, the auto-targeting pistol near the end).

Any word on a Titanfall 3 with a new campaign? What other FPS campaigns are accessible/have a similar experience?

Discontent

May 25, 2018
No idea on Titanfall 3 but definitely check out COD Infinite Warfare, it doesn't overstay it's welcome and is almost as good as TF2.

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. Makes me wish the game had mod tools so that people could make a Titanfall 3 game since they seem to be focused on Apex. Maybe even make mods like Gundam or other mecha games with custom campaigns and all that.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
No idea on Titanfall 3 but definitely check out COD Infinite Warfare, it doesn't overstay it's welcome and is almost as good as TF2.
Second this. Played infinite warfare shortly after and it's a really great campaign

Rita fall 2 is superb though. Just amazing how respawn nailed the control and movement for man and Titan

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Yeah Titanfall 2 was the closest to a Valve style campaign since Portal 2. Until HL Alyx was released anyway. Really hope Respawn makes something like that again. Jedi Fallen Order was unfortunately not anything like it.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Even before I learned the game ran on Source, the campaign felt like an action-platforming cousin to Portal 2's puzzle-platforming gameplay. I really enjoyed it

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
It's fantastic, first game I replayed when EA Access went on Gamepass for my Series X.