• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a very watchable series. I used to watch every new episode with my nephew when it was airing.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Not to highjack your thread, but is Rebels worth watching? The mostly new cast put me off from watching, but I got that Star Wars itch right now D:

Ya, it's worth watching. They do some story lines to give closure to The Clone Wars, and they do some things to link to the Original Trilogy. There's also some good character development in it too.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ya, it's worth watching. They do some story lines to give closure to The Clone Wars, and they do some things to link to the Original Trilogy. There's also some good character development in it too.
What's nice about Rebels is that it has more of an OT look and feel to it.

After RotS, I was kind of out of Star Wars for a while, and Rebels brought me back.

MisterShine

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Cleve
I'll quote myself from a thread on GAF a couple years ago when I first watched it:

Movie- atrocious
Seasons 1 and 2- yeah this is definitely alright.
Seasons 3 and 4- Holy shit this is good!
Most of Season 5- Amazing!
End of Season 5- =''''( I'M CRYING BUCKETS IS THE BEST STAR WARS SINCE KOTOR 2
Season 6- who fucking cares.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Best Star Wars. OT, PT, ST, etc. I got into just last year but whew. Wish they were able to finish the show tho

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy! Clone Wars gets progressively better and better, to the point where its CGI and cinematography rival films. It's my favorite, and IMO best and most varied, canon Star Wars media.

Yeah... there's zero doubt that the all-CGI parts on Geonosis in the final act of AotC are very primitive compared to the final seasons of TCW.

MisterShine

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Cleve
Huh? Season 6 has the Fives/Order 66 arc, Sifo-Dyas explanation, and Yoda's Force ghost journey.

Compared to how I felt at the end of season 5, that's just how season 6 felt. I thought the stories were pretty good, but there was a strong upward trajectory seasons 2-5, and six was back to around season 3 level of merely "Quite good".

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Compared to how I felt at the end of season 5, that's just how season 6 felt. I thought the stories were pretty good, but there was a strong upward trajectory seasons 2-5, and six was back to around season 3 level of merely "Quite good".

There was really nothing that could be done about that. Season 6 was originally going to end off with the Son of Dathimir arc, but they were forced to cut the season in half and end the series so you only end up with 13 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the ending we did get in season 6 at least felt like a solid end point for the series, despite there being still a lot of plot threads dangling.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
I love TCW series. It's the bridge between AotC and RotS. Makes Anakin's fall much more believable. It's a pity that not as many people watched this series, compared to the prequel trilogy. The main arcs in this series are absolutely essential for the Star Wars fans.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hello again!

i kinda stopped watching for a while but now im back a it, and seeing the las parts of season 4 and the beginning of season 5 all i can think is

HOW THE FUCK DID GEORGE LUCAS FUCKED UP SO MUCH THE PREQUELS?

like, the clone wars are in another level of star wars,

do i have to thank filoni for this? or was lucas on a roll with the clone wars?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
hello again!

i kinda stopped watching for a while but now im back a it, and seeing the las parts of season 4 and the beginning of season 5 all i can think is

Thank both Filoni and Lucas. It just shows that Lucas is best when giving out ideas while allowing others to execute on them.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hello again!

Thank George for the ideas and Filoni for the execution.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
George Lucas' swan song

And the rise of Dave Filoni

Give him a fucking movie Disney. No way he delivers anything worse than Solo

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
hello again!

Man, season 5 was so good. The production values on the last few episodes is top tier.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Wait what?

Did you even watch Solo?...Did anyone?

OK try Rogue One. That one has references too

Look at the date on that post, it's from January 22nd. Way before Solo came out.

I don't know why you're replying to a post from January about that. How could I have seen Solo in January?

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
I just started season 4 and i think that the animation even got better. I also "like" that so many people are dying and getting blown up. Really shows that a war is going on.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Reviving this thread since I think a lot of people are rewatching this in preparation for Ahsoka showing up in The Mandalorian.

I did a binge of the Mandalore stories of this series and Rebels, and I just finished season 1 of The Clone Wars. Lots of really great stuff, including the battle between Ahsoka and Luminaria, and Ventress. The Jar-Jar episodes are incredibly annoying, though, and the battle droids grate on my nerves. That said, Anakin suddenly isn't just a whiny asshole.