• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Batman 66 is there and part of the multiverse now.

Really, everyone should watch it. It's still great.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm mixed on the Arrow flash forwards.

They're interesting and I like the characters (Mia and adult William are great) but it bothers me that this is apparently their future.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I feel the last couple season of Arrow are a mixed bag. There's one particular episode from S7 that I really like, though. IMO, it's one of the show's 4 or 5 best episodes ever.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm mixed on the Arrow flash forwards.

They're interesting and I like the characters (Mia and adult William are great) but it bothers me that this is apparently their future.
As you can tell in the OT, people were very negative about them in the thread but things have turned around massively on the future stuff in the last few episodes

I feel the last couple season of Arrow are a mixed bag. There's one particular episode from S7 that I really like, though. IMO, it's one of the show's 4 or 5 best episodes ever.
Slabside Redemption?

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Barry forcing Nora to go back to the future without telling anyone might be the most frustrating and hateable thing anyone has done on this show.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I thought the Flash finale was actually pretty great, especially coming off of the worst season of the show. The Team Flash vs. Eobard fight was maybe one of my favorites in the series.

Good Arrow finale too. Wasn't expecting Monitor at the end there.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Your
I thought the Flash finale was actually pretty great, especially coming off of the worst season of the show. The Team Flash vs. Eobard fight was maybe one of my favorites in the series.

Good Arrow finale too. Wasn't expecting Monitor at the end there.

As bad as that season is with all of the idiot mistakes the plot forced the characters to make, for some reason I really enjoyed the chemistry between Nora with the main cast. It was a lot of fun seeing them try to deal with Nora which made the emotional moments hit hard for me.

Maybe it was crap to everyone else but it was the one bright spot I was able to look forward to while suffering thru shitty Cicada plot with shitty Chris Klein cartoon acting!

Chris Klein... he was so bad that he made his Cicada look so much worse by upstaging himself in the flashbacks.
His Cicada made his flashbacks scenes (which were "ok") seem great in comparison.

I really want to know what the main cast thought when the director said... "Cut... PERFECT..... lets go to the next scene."

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, though she def. wasn't perfect, Nora alone made S5 better than S3 and S4

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The cursed nipple scene on Legends might be one of the hardest laughs I've ever had. When it started moving lmao holy shit

I honestly didn't like that - or basically anything in the last season of Legends. The Beebo season was the best and it's like the took the cue of being lighthearted and goofy and just completely turned it up to 11. No more bureau please.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Damn, Supergirl with the best 2018-2019 Arrowverse season.

These final two episodes were crazy good. Brainy losing it was an amazing scene.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't like that - or basically anything in the last season of Legends. The Beebo season was the best and it's like the took the cue of being lighthearted and goofy and just completely turned it up to 11. No more bureau please.

Dalek nooooooooooooo

That said, I do imagine the coming season will be slightly more serious now that the focus has shifted away from magical creatures.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Alright, time to start the Legends finale and I'm 100% done with what's on Netflix.

Arrowverse disappearing from my "continue watching" section. :(

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Dalek nooooooooooooo

That said, I do imagine the coming season will be slightly more serious now that the focus has shifted away from magical creatures.
Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.png

No more Mona either, please.

The fact that we still have Mona but are losing Ray is making me crazy.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Don't remind me. I'm sure Ramona Young is a really nice person but Mona never, ever clicked.

Agreed- I'm sure she's very nice but she was introduced in a very off putting season. The Legends barely do anything Legend-y any more. When's the last time Ray wore his suit? There's no more adventure, it's just goofy hijinks.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Legends barely do anything Legend-y any more. When's the last time Ray wore his suit? There's no more adventure, it's just goofy hijinks.

What is Legend-y even supposed to mean lol, they still go through time and stop aberrations wherever they happen, it's just last season it was with magical creatures.

And honestly, I don't care that they're barely in their (budget af looking) outfits lol, I've long since been at the point where I care about the characters first and foremost.

Only thing I'll agree is that Mona hasn't been working (and may never work) as part of the Legends, she should've stayed as part of the Time Bureau.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What is Legend-y even supposed to mean lol, they still go through time and stop aberrations wherever they happen, it's just last season it was with magical creatures.

And honestly, I don't care that they're barely in their (budget af looking) outfits lol, I've long since been at the point where I care about the characters first and foremost.

Only thing I'll agree is that Mona hasn't been working (and may never work) as part of the Legends, she should've stayed as part of the Time Bureau.

Are we even sure she's main cast next season? I don't know if I've seen her in any filming shots or anything and now that the magical creatures arc is over she really doesn't have a reason to stay on the team.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Alright, the days of watching the Arrowverse through Netflix are done. Moving onto The CW app to watch the seasons that are currently airing.

Arrow S7 - This sits alongside S6 for me but slightly above because I really enjoyed the first half of the season. The prison stuff was great. I largely enjoyed the flash fowards as well and didn't agree with a couple of the more negative people in the S7 OT. The season's biggest issue was the lack of a really good Big Bad. I didn't love Emiko's motivations.

The Flash S5 - What can I say that hasn't already been meme'd? This is likely my least favorite of the Arrowverse seasons. Cicada was an interesting idea that played out horribly. Nora was the saving grace for the season.

Supergirl S4 - As I've mentioned previously, Supergirl has largely been a show that never really realized its potential. That changed this year. S4 was legitimately awesome and one of the best Arrowverse seasons. David Ajala, Jon Cryer and Sam Witwer were all fantastic in their roles and really elevated everything. There were a lot of plots and moving pieces but the writers managed to bring them all together in a very satisfying fashion.

Legends of Tomorrow S4 - The series continues to be one of the most enjoyable shows to watch. This season was just a bit of a step back from S3, mainly due to Neron not being as interesting of a Big Bad as the Damien/Mallus combo. It also kind of sucks knowing that we're about to lose Nora when it feels like she just got on the team. I was hoping for more of her throughout the season.

Black Lightning S2 - The show is still great but I largely was't feeling the pod meta stuff. It just didn't feel as focused as the first season but the cast being so damn great more than made up for it.

And now, my final Arrowverse ranking before I start the current seasons:

Arrow S5
Arrow S2
Legends of Tomorrow S3
Supergirl S4
Black Lightning S1
The Flash S1
Legends of Tomorrow S4
Arrow S1
Legends of Tomorrow S2
Black Lightning S2
The Flash S2
Arrow S7
Arrow S6
Supergirl S2
The Flash S4
Arrow S3
The Flash S3
Legends of Tomorrow S1
Supergirl S3
Supergirl S1
Constantine S1
Arrow S4
The Flash S5

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
i wish the Flash writers could figure out a way to have episodes where Barry isn't either stupid or an ass.
Damn, Supergirl with the best 2018-2019 Arrowverse season.

These final two episodes were crazy good. Brainy losing it was an amazing scene.
I actually thought the season finale itself was terrible. Especially disappointing coming off the rest of the season.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
i wish the Flash writers could figure out a way to have episodes where Barry isn't either stupid or an ass.

I actually thought the season finale itself was terrible. Especially disappointing coming off the rest of the season.

After John abruptly killed Manchester Black, the season went downhill.