• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did you read a guide to find that weapon?

also, I knew this was going to be another one of those 'your popular game isn't that good' threads.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't really find a guide to get the strongest weapon and then say the difficulty is too easy.

It was never an impossible game, but it certainly wasn't too easy in 1997.

Also, the whole upside down thing was quite neat at the time.
Didn't know it was the strongest weapon until I had it. Just got the weapon like the trophy told me to. And alright I can see that, I can still think it wasn't executed well.

Why are you fighting me on this?

Oct 28, 2017
i play it almost regularly, but i yes i have to impose myself some challenges to make it more difficult. it's my fav game tho

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's one of my favorite games of all time. Tied with Chrono Trigger. Granted, I played it when it launched way back when, and I had never played anything like it (and I'd say since, but Bloodstained does a great job of feeling like SOTN, without some of the more dated systems). I adore this game so much. I still replay it at least once a year. I'm actually in the middle of streaming my latest replay on PS4. It's still a ton of fun.

Also, "breaking" the game by becoming super powerful, or discovering the best weapon/accessories/spells to use to decimate enemies/bosses is part of the design, not a flaw in the design. The Crissaegrim + 2x Ring of Varda combo is still my favorite. It's not like the designers made that weapon, and it somehow slipped through the cracks how absurdly op it was. Same thing with the other items/weapons/spells that make you a walking murder machine (as the son of Dracula should be). Becoming hilariously OP is most certainly part of the design. Of course, there's nothing wrong with not liking that aspect of the design, but it's not a flaw. It's just how the designers designed the game.