• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So many moons ago I made this thread:

www.resetera.com

Saint Seiya fans, help me get into this series. Can I just start with the 80s anime? Anime/Manga

Saint Seiya is one of those shows that's been on my to watch list for years and I think I might finally take the plunge. I know there's the anime, manga, OVAs, and other whatnots. I know there's filler but as a Dragon Ball fan I think I'm reasonably equipped to deal with 80s anime filler. Is the...

A couple of weeks ago I decided to knuckle down and start watching. Been sick home from work for the last couple of days so I cranked through these last few episodes.

So... uh, well, I really liked it! It's definitely easy to see why it's a classic shonen series. You watch it feeling like something really special is happening, something transformative. While most of its tropes will be familiar to anyone who's seen series since, for the most part the mix of action and drama is enough to keep you entertained.

Some quick and dirty thoughts:

-I started out thinking Shiryu was my favorite (his storyline with his blindness was really compelling and even got me to tear up at one point), but I came out landing on Shun being my #1. His struggle with pacifism and masculinity was really cool to see for an 80s shonen character, and being voiced by the legendary Ryo Horikawa certainly doesn't hurt (even if he's far from the only iconic voice actor in the series - I was quite surprised to see Ryusei Nakao play a minor villain, but I wouldn't mistake that evil laugh for anyone else's).

-Seiya was a character I mostly liked but felt he was a little lacking in that strong, vivid personality you usually want in a shonen series. Likeable but not especially a standout, with a few exceptions. Ikki was cool but definitely felt tertiary and just showed up to bail the boys out of trouble. Hyoga despite having cool powers and fights was definitely the least interesting Saint to me, I would struggle to describe his personality in ways outside of "really loves his mother," but yeah.

-The storytelling for the arcs was pretty formulaic, Saori is in trouble, the boys gather around and fight a group of bad guys who have very few distinctive personality traits besides "strong and proud," but the fights were cool and usually pretty well paced. The Sanctuary arc is obviously the highlight, but honestly I think the Silver Saints arc might have been my favorite. A really good mix of action, intrigue, and drama. Sanctuary arc just felt like a really, really long climax of 30+ episodes, even if it was what the show had been building up to, but it definitely held my attention throughout.

-Bouncing off of that, I think the biggest thing the series lacked was really attention-grabbing, iconic villains. When I think about characters like Freeza, Toguro, Dio Brando, etc., those really classic larger-than-life shonen villains, they just weren't here. The villains tended to blur together, although I liked where they were going with Poseidon at first, in the end he was as generic as the rest of them, sadly.

-Asgard arc was a nice change of pace in terms of setting and I enjoyed the boys' new armor, letting that 80s hair flow. It's also when Shun really came into his own for me, as I touched on before.

-Pegasus Fantasy is SUCH a banger OP. One of the all time greats. Got me hyped EVERY time. It's easy to see why it was so influential. Like, this was pre-Cha La. Although I liked the new one (by Mr. Cha La himself Hironobu Kageyama), it can't top this:

Anyway some of this might sound negative but I want to emphasize that overall I really enjoyed my time with it. I know it's not "finished," I still have Hades to watch, but I at least wanted to get these thoughts out. I'm gonna take a break and then watch Hades in a little while, and probably read the manga to compare and contrast. While it won't break my top 5 Shonen Jump series, I can see this placing at a respectable six. If you like 80s anime and shonen battle series, it's a definite must watch in my opinion.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So, I guess you didn't care much for the Gold Saints? They were the big fan favorites, with a lot of the later material in the franchise influenced by that.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So, I guess you didn't care much for the Gold Saints? They were the big fan favorites, with a lot of the later material in the franchise influenced by that.
I thought they were fine for what was basically a glorified boss rush but I genuinely could barely tell you anything about them from a personality standpoint. Even as far as quirky miniboss squads go in shonen series I didn't think they were particularly memorable. I think the show did a good job though conveying how powerful they were and how exhausted the Saints become slogging through the temples. There was a real weight to their encounters.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Glad you enjoyed your time with the series! I hope you'll enjoy the manga as well. The anime made a lot of changes, given it started a few months after the manga did (even Dragon Ball had like a year and a half head start), and there are some interesting differences.

f7c633b294264e0b47aeb5fef82a6326.jpg

The manga comes with a ton of these in the volumes, which I've always loved (in black and white, but I like the color ones too).

Kurumada still does them even with his newest manga...but I wouldn't want to spoil anything, lol.

sandyph

Oct 31, 2017
Glad you enjoyed your time with the series! I hope you'll enjoy the manga as well. The anime made a lot of changes, given it started a few months after the manga did (even Dragon Ball had like a year and a half head start), and there are some interesting differences.

because of this, I remember in the anime they introduced steel saints out of nowhere for 1-2 episode but then never mentioned them again

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
My guy!!!!!!!! Glad to see you enjoyed it and you are 100 percent right about Pegasus Fantasy. Have you seen the movies? You can watch them on Retrocrush:

It is weird having someone say they prefer the Silver Saint Arc though. Not saying Sanctuary or Asgard makes you a HEATHEN (JK. I can totally see why you like it)

I was wondering you say Saint Seiya doesn't have memorable villains. You didn't find Ares/Saga memorable?

I see, the problem is you, carry on.

/K

Don't touch Soul of Gold if you really didn't care for the Gold Saints, that was a love letter to them.

I won't accept Seiya slander. He is the GOAT.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember living the Cartoon Network dub of knights of the zodiac, i think it was only me who did. I've watched everything since then, Here's a history of Saint Seiya guide for those wanting to get into it.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
My guy!!!!!!!! Glad to see you enjoyed it and you are 100 percent right about Pegasus Fantasy. Have you seen the movies? You can watch them on Retrocrush:

It is weird having someone say they prefer the Silver Saint Arc though. Not saying Sanctuary or Asgard makes you a HEATHEN (JK. I can totally see why you like it)

I was wondering you say Saint Seiya doesn't have memorable villains. You didn't find Ares/Saga memorable?
I have not seen them, I will probably check them out around the same time I watch Hades. As for Ares/Saga, I think they did a good job building up tension to his encounter (as it's basically what the entire first 70 episodes are building up to), the backstory is all very interesting, and the final showdown is great, but again, I wouldn't say he has a really strong and distinctive personality. He fulfills the role he needs to in the story, but he doesn't have a really strong screen presence, I guess? The split personality angle was interesting but I don't felt like they did a lot with it. Maybe I'll feel differently when I read the manga, we'll see!

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
If you have the chance try reading/watching Ring ni Kakero, also by Kurumada. It's proto Saint Seiya, and while very rough at some parts it's one of the two series that defined the "modern shonen" genre we still see today (the other being Kinnikuman by Yudetamago). And if you still can't enough Saint Seiya try reading/watching B't X, which is more of the same.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So many moons ago I made this thread:

www.resetera.com

Saint Seiya fans, help me get into this series. Can I just start with the 80s anime? Anime/Manga

Saint Seiya is one of those shows that's been on my to watch list for years and I think I might finally take the plunge. I know there's the anime, manga, OVAs, and other whatnots. I know there's filler but as a Dragon Ball fan I think I'm reasonably equipped to deal with 80s anime filler. Is the...

A couple of weeks ago I decided to knuckle down and start watching. Been sick home from work for the last couple of days so I cranked through these last few episodes.

So... uh, well, I really liked it! It's definitely easy to see why it's a classic shonen series. You watch it feeling like something really special is happening, something transformative. While most of its tropes will be familiar to anyone who's seen series since, for the most part the mix of action and drama is enough to keep you entertained.

Some quick and dirty thoughts:

-I started out thinking Shiryu was my favorite (his storyline with his blindness was really compelling and even got me to tear up at one point), but I came out landing on Shun being my #1. His struggle with pacifism and masculinity was really cool to see for an 80s shonen character, and being voiced by the legendary Ryo Horikawa certainly doesn't hurt (even if he's far from the only iconic voice actor in the series - I was quite surprised to see Ryusei Nakao play a minor villain, but I wouldn't mistake that evil laugh for anyone else's).

-Seiya was a character I mostly liked but felt he was a little lacking in that strong, vivid personality you usually want in a shonen series. Likeable but not especially a standout, with a few exceptions. Ikki was cool but definitely felt tertiary and just showed up to bail the boys out of trouble. Hyoga despite having cool powers and fights was definitely the least interesting Saint to me, I would struggle to describe his personality in ways outside of "really loves his mother," but yeah.

-The storytelling for the arcs was pretty formulaic, Saori is in trouble, the boys gather around and fight a group of bad guys who have very few distinctive personality traits besides "strong and proud," but the fights were cool and usually pretty well paced. The Sanctuary arc is obviously the highlight, but honestly I think the Silver Saints arc might have been my favorite. A really good mix of action, intrigue, and drama. Sanctuary arc just felt like a really, really long climax of 30+ episodes, even if it was what the show had been building up to, but it definitely held my attention throughout.

-Bouncing off of that, I think the biggest thing the series lacked was really attention-grabbing, iconic villains. When I think about characters like Freeza, Toguro, Dio Brando, etc., those really classic larger-than-life shonen villains, they just weren't here. The villains tended to blur together, although I liked where they were going with Poseidon at first, in the end he was as generic as the rest of them, sadly.

-Asgard arc was a nice change of pace in terms of setting and I enjoyed the boys' new armor, letting that 80s hair flow. It's also when Shun really came into his own for me, as I touched on before.

-Pegasus Fantasy is SUCH a banger OP. One of the all time greats. Got me hyped EVERY time. It's easy to see why it was so influential. Like, this was pre-Cha La. Although I liked the new one (by Mr. Cha La himself Hironobu Kageyama), it can't top this:

Anyway some of this might sound negative but I want to emphasize that overall I really enjoyed my time with it. I know it's not "finished," I still have Hades to watch, but I at least wanted to get these thoughts out. I'm gonna take a break and then watch Hades in a little while, and probably read the manga to compare and contrast. While it won't break my top 5 Shonen Jump series, I can see this placing at a respectable six. If you like 80s anime and shonen battle series, it's a definite must watch in my opinion.

Ahhh yeah! My man!
Good choice, I was wondering, why did you like Silver over Sanctuary
Shun is a good choice, I love him but Poseidon arc is when he shined(he defeated 2 generals)
I agree on villains and Poseidon IMO is the blandest villain and

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I have not seen them, I will probably check them out around the same time I watch Hades. As for Ares/Saga, I think they did a good job building up tension to his encounter (as it's basically what the entire first 70 episodes are building up to), the backstory is all very interesting, and the final showdown is great, but again, I wouldn't say he has a really strong and distinctive personality. He fulfills the role he needs to in the story, but he doesn't have a really strong screen presence, I guess? The split personality angle was interesting but I don't felt like they did a lot with it. Maybe I'll feel differently when I read the manga, we'll see!

That's a fair assement. I know you didn't find the gold saints memorable (blasphemer) but which one would you is you;re favourite and which fight of the gold saints did you like the most?

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018

Saga had a lot of changes in the anime, but that's due to a lot of changes Toei made early on.

Without going into too much detail, the ending of the arc was fairly different in the manga, a consequence of catching up (hence the immediate filler arc afterwards).

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
That's a fair assement. I know you didn't find the gold saints memorable (blasphemer) but which one would you is you;re favourite and which fight of the gold saints did you like the most?
Hmmmm, favorite is probably Scorpio, helped in large part by being voiced by Shuichi Ikeda, and Seiya's fight with him in episode 60 had some really cool animation/key frames:

FPsNGvNVkAQgD2G

FPsNGvMVQAQHTyL

FPsNGvuVkAEzhk3

Ahhh yeah! My man!
Good choice, I was wondering, why did you like Silver over Sanctuary
Shun is a good choice, I love him but Poseidon arc is when he shined(he defeated 2 generals)
I agree on villains and Poseidon IMO is the blandest villain and
For me I think the Silver Saints arc really clicked because it's where it felt like they were trying to learn to work together as a team and overcome their personal problems in the process, whereas the Sanctuary arc is basically one long drawn out climax - a very good one - but lacks some of that personal touch I really enjoyed. I get why the Sanctuary arc is the fan favorite, and to be honest I think they're better thought of as one connected story, but yeah.

Rijapega

Banned
Dec 23, 2019
Shun FTW! Also, I had no idea Shun's Seiyuu was Vegeta's too!! LOL I had heard the original SS dub from time to time, though being Mexican I was mostly used to the latin dub (which is super great!).

Also, after Hades arc, you need to watch Saint Seiya Lost Canvas and then read what the anime didn't cover of it, Lost Canvas is one of the few instances where a spin-off is kind of actually better than the source material it's based on.

Ok, maybe better is not the right word, but it's really, really good.

PS. Also, I wouldn't recommend reading the manga, Saint Seiya is one of those cases where the anime elevated the source material so much that the manga almost feels bland in comparison IMO. Also, Kurumada's drawings are tough to look at haha (They were tough to look at for 12ish year old me back when I read the manga like in 2002, *gasp* 20 years ago! So They will probably look even rougher nowadays, I imagine. Shingo Araki really did wonders for Saint Seiya).

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Shun FTW! Also, I had no idea Shun's Seiyuu was Vegeta's too!! LOL I had heard the original SS dub from time to time, though being Mexican I was mostly used to the latin dub (which is super great!).

Also, now you need to watch Lost Canvas and then read what the anime didn't cover, Lost Canvas is one of the few instances where a spin-off is kind of actually better than the source material it's based on.

Ok, maybe better is not the right word, but it's really, really good.

Pegasus Seiya was Yamcha, Dragon Shiryu was Tenshinhan, Andromeda Shun was Vegeta, and Phoenix Ikki was Captain Ginyu.

For your Dragon Ball references. Seiya was also Amuro Ray and Tuxedo Mask.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
I really think the Sanctuary Part (Hades) is the best arc of the manga. Some of us all still bummed out about Omega and how they preferred it over TLC( Which is better than the original btw)

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Pegasus Seiya was Yamcha, Dragon Shiryu was Tenshinhan, Andromeda Shun was Vegeta, and Phoenix Ikki was Captain Ginyu.

Don't forget Ryusei Nakao (Freeza) as Kraken.

9XqK4ph.png

tumblr_inline_pr29qj3x1c1r15usg_1280.jpg

Both love to crush children under their foot.

Rijapega

Banned
Dec 23, 2019

Just googled Hyoga's because it just stood out that you didn't mention him and it's weird that the actor had some prominent roles like Genzo Wakabayashi in Captain Tsubasa, but seemingly never got any other big role and stopped acting/getting roles (at least according to Wikipedia) after 2004... Only to get a role in One Piece's Dressrosa arc as Sai (A super minor character), it was so weird that he stopped getting roles since 2004 and then in like 2016ish he got that role as that character.

Rijapega

Banned
Dec 23, 2019
I really think the Sanctuary Part (Hades) is the best arc of the manga. Some of us all still bummed out about Omega and how they preferred it over TLC( Which is better than the original btw)

Glad I am not the only one that thinks TLC is better than the original. It kind of pains me to admit it, because the original has a very soft spot in my heart, but everything about Lost Canvas is just better.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Yeah the Hades chapter Sanctuary is peak Saint Seiya and the anime version is the GOAT. I rewatch it so much.

Don't forget Ryusei Nakao (Freeza) as Kraken.

9XqK4ph.png

tumblr_inline_pr29qj3x1c1r15usg_1280.jpg

Both love to crush children under their foot.

He was so good as Isaac. Loved that he got this role. And Ryo Horikawa being both Vegeta and Shun show how talented he is. I wish Norio Wakamoto played someone.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Got really sad when I watched Saint Seiya when it was available on Netflix. I know some consider it a classic, but I couldn't get into it. Finished the part where they fight all the gold saints but I stopped after because I just wasn't that attached. This isn't me saying it is bad! Just that I couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. Could also be because I was sitting there like "I've never read Saint Seiya but I feel like this anime has a lot of filler" for half the show haha.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Got really sad when I watched Saint Seiya when it was available on Netflix. I know some consider it a classic, but I couldn't get into it. Finished the part where they fight all the gold saints but I stopped after because I just wasn't that attached. This isn't me saying it is bad! Just that I couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. Could also be because I was sitting there like "I've never read Saint Seiya but I feel like this anime has a lot of filler" for half the show haha.

Oh yeah, it was full of filler. The pacing of the manga is MUCH FASTER. I love the music and the voice acting in Saint Seiya, but storywise, I feel the manga is the better experience.

Rijapega

Banned
Dec 23, 2019

As someone that really loved Saint Seiya as a kid, I totally understand! I tried watching parts of it a couple of years ago, when it was on netflix and I kinda couldn't stand it, like it was too slow for me, though I am also one of those people that doesn't really like rewatching stuff. (I can't understand people, which there are lots of here in latin America, which just watch DBZ and SS on youtube over and over!! Haha like they are too slow for me nowadays!)

In my opinion, Saint Seiya, along with lots of other classic shonen just got outclassed by the new shows, not talking just animation-wise, but story-wise too. For example, BLEACH was heavily inspired by Saint Seiya, which in turn it inspired Demon Slayer. (The gotei 13 and the pilars are pretty much the Gold Saints of their shows).

Also, if you finished the 12 Houses arc (The fight against the gold saints) you finished the best part, so if you didn't really like that that much, the next arcs were probably going to bore you imo.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
As someone that really loved Saint Seiya as a kid, I totally understand! I tried watching parts of it a couple of years ago, when it was on netflix and I kinda couldn't stand it, like it was too slow for me, though I am also one of those people that doesn't really like rewatching stuff. (I can't understand people, which there are lots of here in latin America, which just watch DBZ and SS on youtube over and over!! Haha like they are too slow for me nowadays!)

In my opinion, Saint Seiya, along with lots of other classic shonen just got outclassed by the new shows, not talking just animation-wise, but story-wise too. For example, BLEACH was heavily inspired by Saint Seiya, which in turn it inspired Demon Slayer. (The gotei 13 and the pilars are pretty much the Gold Saints of their shows).

Also, if you finished the 12 Houses arc (The fight against the gold saints) you finished the best part, so if you didn't really like that that much, the next arcs were probably going to bore you imo.

Asgard was good though and I'd say on part with the 12 Houses. And the Hades Chapter Sanctuary is the REAL best part.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Dragon Ball is my favorite media franchise so filler isn't a dealbreaker for me, and I felt Saint Seiya, at least in the first half, generally clicked at a good pace and didn't feel too dragged out. I attribute a lot of that to Takao Koyama's presence, who was also the main writer for Dragon Ball/Z and oversaw a lot of filler that rounded out the story nicely. Towards the end though as a part of the repetitive nature of the story arcs, it can definitely feel like a bit of a drag at moments. If the anime ended at the Sanctuary arc I think it would have been stronger but then the Asgard and Poseidon arcs, as enjoyable as they are in their own right, start to make you feel like you've seen all the story's tricks. From what i can tell, Koyama stepped down from writing after the Sanctuary arc and his absence is definitely felt.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020

Like you, I can't rewatch things. But when we analyze that type of anime, we really need to compare it to what was happening at the time they aired originally. Animes are evolving, most of them don't even air weekly nowadays. The requirements weren't the same, they didn't have much inspiration too.

Yeah the Hades chapter Sanctuary is peak Saint Seiya and the anime version is the GOAT. I rewatch it so much.

He was so good as Isaac. Loved that he got this role. And Ryo Horikawa being both Vegeta and Shun show how talented he is. I wish Norio Wakamoto played someone.
The intro is the best in the series. Sadly Inferno and Elysion couldn't keep up with it imo even though we have legendary moments in both of them.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I thought they were fine for what was basically a glorified boss rush but I genuinely could barely tell you anything about them from a personality standpoint. Even as far as quirky miniboss squads go in shonen series I didn't think they were particularly memorable. I think the show did a good job though conveying how powerful they were and how exhausted the Saints become slogging through the temples. There was a real weight to their encounters.
For me the Gold Saints IS Saint Seiya. Everything after is just trying to recreate that magic. Not that any of it is bad, it just never tops the OG gold saints. I had all their action figures as a kid in France, the Gold saints saga was a national obsession in France for 80s kids.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Oh yes, that goes without saying though... sadly don't expect much from female characters in an 80s shonen.

I mean we're toku fans, we know even in the modern day things aren't much better lol

At least Saint Seiya made a spinoff dedicated to female saints (warning DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME VERSION BUT READ THE MANGA VERSION OF IT INSTEAD. I'M SERIOUS, DON'T WATCH THE ANIME VERSION)

latest

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Oh yes, that goes without saying though... sadly don't expect much from female characters in an 80s shonen.

I mean we're toku fans, we know even in the modern day things aren't much better lol

Yeah, that's a sad truth. Hoping that changes for the better as time goes on.

Surely Kurumada will finish Next Dimension.

Anyday now...

Let the old man go at his own pace, he's in his sixties, lol.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, that's a sad truth. Hoping that changes for the better as time goes on.

Let the old man go at his own pace, he's in his sixties, lol.
I mean Saint Seiya has made an effort to improve with women characters with recent entries:
Yuna in Omega
Milo is a woman in legend of sanctuary
Athena, Hilda playable in new games
and as tone deaf as it is, Shaun in the reboot(two steps forward one step back)

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I guess it's not too far off from Jotaro being 17 in Stardust Crusaders.
13-14 year olds being the head of corporations, owning houses and driving....I mean at least Jotaro went to school
You should see the shot of the Gold Saints from 13 years prior to the start of the series:

tumblr_nfxt8lBcGY1r4ez57o1_1280.png

"Gold Saint Babies, we make our dreams come true!"
I mean Shura was supposed to be 10 when he killed Aiolos who was 14

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
13-14

I mean Shura was supposed to be 10 when he killed Aiolos who was 14
year olds being the head of corporations, owning houses and driving....I mean at least Jotaro went to school

A lot of that stuff was filler, and at least Aiolos looked 14 in the manga. He looked 25 in the anime, lol.

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
What did you think of the OST OP? It's definitely my favorite part of the anime by far, best soundtrack of anything ever.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Oh Saori? That's rich people inheritance shenanigans (also she's Athena).

As for Aiolos, he looks way older in the anime. At least there I could buy him being in the Bronze Saints' age group.
Eh he and Aiolia look the same in that panel to me and Aiolia is supposed to be like 20
Als current Saga is 28 and in the flashback he looks the same as 15

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Hold on, did you watch Poseidon and Hades' arc yet?
Poseidon yes, Hades not yet.

What did you think of the OST OP? It's definitely my favorite part of the anime by far, best soundtrack of anything ever.
I liked it but I don't think it left as much of an impression on me as some fans. In terms of 80s anime with classic soundtracks, it didn't resonate as much as say, Shigeaki Saegusa's work on Zeta Gundam or Shinsuke Kikuchi's Dragon Ball music. Good, though, for sure.

Loved this insert song though:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Poseidon yes, Hades not yet.

I liked it but I don't think it left as much of an impression on me as some fans. In terms of 80s anime with classic soundtracks, it didn't resonate as much as say, Shigeaki Saegusa's work on Zeta Gundam or Shinsuke Kikuchi's Dragon Ball music. Good, though, for sure.

Loved this insert song though:

Oh yeah that song and fight were good.

Also what do you think of how bloody the fights can get. Being real Shiryu should've died after Black Dragon and Hyoga for sure after Milo:

EIaejvNWsAE9fCw.jpg

MiloHyogaBloody3.jpg

MiloHyogaBloody2.jpg

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Oh yeah that song and fight were good.

Also what do you think of how bloody the fights can get. Being real Shiryu should've died after Black Dragon and Hyoga for sure after Milo:

EIaejvNWsAE9fCw.jpg

MiloHyogaBloody3.jpg

MiloHyogaBloody2.jpg
Oh yeah, I was pretty shocked at how gory it was. I guess I was thinking it would be more like Dragon Ball (which has some gruesome moments but far and few between) when it's really closer to something like Fist Of The North Star.