• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
North of Saint Denis in some cabin,some guy drugged arthur and said something like "squeal for me" or somethin like that with a little cutscene,what the fuck?that came out of nowhere,posting that thread cause i cant believe that game went there.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Still find it unreal that this was deemed acceptable to be included, and that there hasn't been more pushback to it.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah we don't talk about that part. It's a weird stain on the game thats out of nowhere, tasteless and never comes up again.

Honestly shocked it was allowed in the game. Or given a pass.

Thanks for the spoiler in the title lol.

It's not a part of the story. It's a side event.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Yes. Now you get to go back to camp and be made fun of by Bill Williamson

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
That was my impression. Reinforced by Bill laughing at Arthur back in camp later on.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend told me about this and I didn't believe until I YouTubed it. Absolutely weird they put this in.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Also some fucking cannibals threatened me when i rested in the tent and put a pistol to my head,then i shoot them in the back when they left,a few hours later they ambushed me,also i peeped some people fucking in valentine,dont know how i feel about the game tbh

p.s. theres a guy searching for his friend in various places of the map,is a conclusion there?

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Also some fucking cannibals threatened me when i rested in the tent and put a pistol to my head,then i shoot them in the back when they left,a few hours later they ambushed me,also i peeped some people fucking in valentine,dont know how i feel about the game tbh

Its about the Wild West....it was a horrific place to exist. What did you expect?

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Good thing you put 'spoilers' in your title, because otherwise I would have been spoiled by the spoiler in your thread title.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

aside from the rape event being quite distasteful, i dont see the problem with the rest given the setting and the kind of person you are playing as.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I guess Rockstar thought it was realistic in the Wild West, and it probably was. There are creeps like that these days, too, after all.

May 10, 2019
You will be reminded about it later on in camp. Bill will come up to you and say something along the lines of "heard you made a real good friend in the swamps" and start laughing as he walks away.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
You get a random event in Valentine also when they hang a criminal and her window stays there mourning him and crying for several minutes

Oct 28, 2017

p.s. theres a guy searching for his friend in various places of the map,is a conclusion there?
Gavin is never found.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Welcome to a Rockstar game.

And yes, you can find his friend if you look hard enough.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
it's a rockstar game.

sooner or later something tasteless is going to happen with zero weight or justification.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017

There's sort of a conclusion towards the end of the game.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
...I've completed the game, and have probably come across that event (doesn't he also take our money), but never realized that that's what happened.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Those bodies strung in various places going somewhere?i dont want to read guides

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I think this was supposed to be a Deliverance homage. The game is filled with all kinds of references to classic American Western and Southern Gothic cinema.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Most fucked up thing at that point i thought was the gun shop owner holding hostage some teenager in his basement cause he lost his son.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Show Some Effort

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion. Make sure you are posting the thread in the correct section of the forum, and use the preview feature to double check your work before posting. After creating your thread, consider adding a Cover Image to spruce up its presentation. Do not make provocative threads only to bail on them after the first post. All of the rules outlined in other parts of this document also apply to thread creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.