• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The best way I've found the throw objects is to "push" them toward your enemies and release. Don't throw it like you would normally. I started out terrible at it.

Also, placing the camera high with a downward angle really helps.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time messing around with the camera, on the sound bar of my telefision( below it) which was too low, on top of my TV furniture which was too high and on top of my television itself. I kept having deadzones either with my head when looking up and down or my moves would loose tracking. I have it set up in my bedroom and I'm probably standing way too close for games like Super Hot, Farpoint and Firewall.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE7 is giving me nausea, I didn't have any issue with any other game I tried. I hope it was a one time deal, because I am loving VR.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I have Wipeout Omega, that's VR compatible??

Play around with the comfort settings ... I can turn most off, but I found it hard to play without locking the view to the cockpit. It's worth turning them all on and off to see what they do.

Also, don't forget you can watch 3D movies with PSVR ... Even with the resolution loss,I love watching movies on it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alrighty folks, here are the essentials...
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
Firewall: Zero Hour (buy an AIM!)
DOOM VFR (buy an AIM!)
Farpoint (buy an AIM!)
Batman: Arkham VR
Battlezone
Resident Evil 7
Thumper
Polybius
Wipeout: Omega Collection
Rez: Infinite
Rec Room (free to play)
Headmaster
Skyrim VR
Beat Saber
Sprint Vector
Statik
Arizona Sunshine
Downward Spiral: Horus Station
Detached
Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
The Exorcist: Legion VR
Fantastic Contraption
I Expect You to Die
Killing Floor: Incursions
Raw Data
Moss
The Persistence
StarBlood Arena
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
SuperHyperCube
To The Top
Transference
The American Dream
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Ultrawings
Zone of the Enders: Remastered
RE7 is giving me nausea, I didn't have any issue with any other game I tried. I hope it was a one time deal, because I am loving VR.
If you're just diving in, give it time. It takes a while for your "VR legs" to form.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yes Dirt Rally is excellent. Ten dollars right now. Full game. Plays great. Tons of options. I had been enjoying it on a flat screen recently, but playing in vr is obviously better.

In fact, several games play better. All the driving games of course. Resident evil is scarier and better. Astrobot doesn't have a tv version but jumping and judging space in there is noticeably more reliable than other 3d platformers. I should try doom.

Last edited:

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just got PSVR. Shit is amazing.
But I have one HUGE piece advice. Adjust the screen brightness all the way down. The screen backlight is default maximum. I went from a ton of eye strain to zero by dropping the backlight brightness all the way to the minimum.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes Dirt Rally is excellent. Ten dollars right now. Full game. Plays great. Tons of options. I had been enjoying it on a flat screen recently, but playing in vr is obviously better.

In fact, several games play better. All the driving games of course. Resident evil is scsriee and better. Astrobot doesn't have a tv version but jumping and judging space in there is noticeably more reliable than other 3d platformers. I should try doom.
How is Dirt rally with a controller? Almost bought it the other day but decided not to

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
How is Dirt rally with a controller? Almost bought it the other day but decided not to

I play with a controller. No motion control, sadly. But the game plays well with controller. Steering is not too touchy as often happens with sims. Theres an option to map the clutch to an analog input like a trigger. I'm using that and it works well for the offroad driving. The whole package is really good.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSVR was a complete success at my family's Christmas party.

My uncle was fucking screaming when playing REZ Infinite lol, he then removed the headset after two areas and said that real world sucks.

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I spent a lot of time messing around with the camera, on the sound bar of my telefision( below it) which was too low, on top of my TV furniture which was too high and on top of my television itself. I kept having deadzones either with my head when looking up and down or my moves would loose tracking. I have it set up in my bedroom and I'm probably standing way too close for games like Super Hot, Farpoint and Firewall.
Play with the camera either when you start the game or through "settings => adjust camera". That way you can see what the camera sees and adjust accordingly. I've also found that slight above my head angled down is best, but when setting up you can also see the ideal distance from the camera. Just stretch your arms and the like

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
If you are having nausea or discomfort, try removing the blinder thing. I took mine off on saturday and have been playing with it off. In a dim room its not that distracting and I've found it way more comfortable. I can play re7 for instance with no comfort stuff applied.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
We have family over. Mostly let every try Astro Bot and Shark Cage. They loved it. I gave a private session to my 46 year old cousin after everyone went to bed. He played RE7 on my save file and X-Wing. It blew his fucking mind. Lol. He's still talking about it to his wife right now in our guest room. He sounds like a kid. He hasn't gamed since OG xbox. Man the feels. I can't remember him being so excited.

VR is special.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I got zero nausea in Astro Bot, Gran Turismo and Wipeout even in Pilot Mode but then I remembered I have RIGS from PS+ and man that game is something else! It's so fun but I'm so bad at it and I got slightly queasy.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Really amazed by it so far and I've barely done anything. Spent ages in the London Heist tutorial just gazing around the garage and picking up a can to look at it from all angles, then nearly fell over trying to lean on a table that wasn't real. Simple things are so much fun in VR!

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really amazed by it so far and I've barely done anything. Spent ages in the London Heist tutorial just gazing around the garage and picking up a can to look at it from all angles, then nearly fell over trying to lean on a table that wasn't real. Simple things are so much fun in VR!

Make sure when you play the part in the getaway van that you open the car door and lean and look out behind you at the road whizzing by. Blew my mind the first time.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, how much is PSVR in US these days? I mean standard price (with and without camera), not special prices in some stores.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man my love for gaming is reinvigorated! It's so much fun to use and to show off to family. Surprisingly I'm getting zero motion sickness or anything like that, even when doing donuts in GT Sport like a mad man lol.

Omerta

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Just got PSVR. Shit is amazing.
But I have one HUGE piece advice. Adjust the screen brightness all the way down. The screen backlight is default maximum. I went from a ton of eye strain to zero by dropping the backlight brightness all the way to the minimum.

If you are having nausea or discomfort, try removing the blinder thing. I took mine off on saturday and have been playing with it off. In a dim room its not that distracting and I've found it way more comfortable. I can play re7 for instance with no comfort stuff applied.

Interesting tips... I suffer from eye strain a lot more than nausea but I think I'll try both of these.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
My 46 year old cousin that's staying over for the holidays got up super early this morning wanting to play VR like a kid. This reminds me of the SNES days when he would stay over. It's funny because over the years, he never gave a damn about the newest PS3 or PS4 game I had, God of War, all the Uncharted, etc, and even his kids have a Switch and Xbox one, but he had zero desire to play them.
He played a solid 2.5 hours in VR this morning. He had a huge ring around his face when we ate breakfast because the headset was too tight. lol. RE7 and Super Hot seem to be the winners out of all them. He'll own a PSVR by next week.

Jan 10, 2018
We have both PSVR and HTC Vive where I work and it's cool for sure. However, it feels like the next generation of VR will be a HUGE improvement so I'm holding out a bit longer before I get it myself. :)

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I bought an adjustable microphone stand from Amazon that keeps the camera perfectly secure and easily allows me to change the height and pitch. Totally worth the purchase.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Got my PSVR today, and it has not made me sick! So this is already a step above my three minutes with Oculus DK1, which made me sick for a whole afternoon.

So far I've played the following:

- First experience was the Playroom VR astrobot platformer demo. Only a few minutes but it's really amazing. Felt a teensy bit queasy when the camera moved forward but I managed okay. I have Astrobot Rescue Mission but I haven't put the disc in yet.

- Tetris Effect
This was actually a smidge underwhelming from a VR point of view but also the most comfortable in terms of play. Looking forward to playing more.
Update: my gf is playing on beginner mode and loving it, but she hates some of the music.

- Tumble VR
I loved the PS Move version so I was excited for this. I don't like the annoying robot that floats around and the whole voice acting is a bit annoying. The original Tumble has none of that. Still, it's pretty nice to play, even with just the DS4.

- Rez, Area 1
This is amazing! I didn't realise you could use the stick to control the cursor at first so I was doing everything with my head, haha. It works super well. The controller vibration adds a lot to this.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like an easy intro-to-vr shooter. Nice graphics. Im enjoying it with a ds4 (it tracks the movement of your DS4 with you in game gun) but after resident evil, I feel like I can handle more.

I really want some underwater exploration game, so far it means I have to buy the Rift (cheaper than VIVE) for my PC to use in Subnautica. However, overall, I found there to be a lack of underwater exploration and horror games on both PC and PS.

A great "horror-ish" underwater game where Im a diver or in a small submarine exploring the depths of the sea is my dream VR game.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Man my love for gaming is reinvigorated! It's so much fun to use and to show off to family. Surprisingly I'm getting zero motion sickness or anything like that, even when doing donuts in GT Sport like a mad man lol.
You lucky bastard! I got the VR sweats playing Until Dawn for the first time and it took a while to build up my VR legs. Try a flying game (like the star wars or COD demos) and FPS with free locomotion (Farpoint or even skyrim) and report back!

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Im thinking about Farpoint, but it seems like quite the generic shooter.
You wont find a better looking shooter on PSVR that's for sure, Play it in co-op and try the 2 dlc ice levels, Insane levels of immersion. The main story is actually decent by VR standards. Works just as good with DS4 as it's fully tracked.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
My 46 year old cousin that's staying over for the holidays got up super early this morning wanting to play VR like a kid. This reminds me of the SNES days when he would stay over. It's funny because over the years, he never gave a damn about the newest PS3 or PS4 game I had, God of War, all the Uncharted, etc, and even his kids have a Switch and Xbox one, but he had zero desire to play them.
He played a solid 2.5 hours in VR this morning. He had a huge ring around his face when we ate breakfast because the headset was too tight. lol. RE7 and Super Hot seem to be the winners out of all them. He'll own a PSVR by next week.

Love this, Literally i was getting bored of gaming, Same old tripe just better resolution etc, Open world yarns with yearly iterations or sequels. Me and my cousin Tried PSVR at EGX 2016, We haven't looked back since. Some of Our fave games this gen have been in co-op VR( Horus station, Farpoint, Killing floor, Arizona).....Then there's the SP games that just captivate you unlike flat TV gaming.

Seeing others just gasp at the awe which VR offers is just as rewarding as seeing it for yourself, My missus reactions to Astro will stay with me for awhile. She was into WOW back in the day, Only played the Sims since. But she was totally just in amazement at what she was experiencing.

Were only in first gen territory aswell! Lord knows where this thing could go.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
RIGS surprised me with how fun it is.

RIGS is really solid. Great foundation for something more but Sony had to kill Cambridge.

Indeed. I went from not giving a shit about VR to being that annoying guy shilling it any chance he gets. VR is the future of gaming. I now support it the way I supported Vita.

I figured VR would be right up your alley with your love of Vita. Lot of similarities between the two in terms of library, though PSVR is getting better 1st party support.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Someone on Resetera said there was an option to channel the microphone so you can hear others in the room. How do I do this? Does it work well?

So far the worst part of PSVR is that my partner and I can't say someone to the user without them stopping playing, or playing with one earbud removed.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Someone on Resetera said there was an option to channel the microphone so you can hear others in the room. How do I do this? Does it work well?

So far the worst part of PSVR is that my partner and I can't say someone to the user without them stopping playing, or playing with one earbud removed.

That might have been me. Go into Settings, then devices, audio devices and activate sidetone. You can switch the volume around a bit in there so that it fits your needs.

Omerta

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
That option to allow outside sounds into the audio mix was a game changer for me.

I don't like the feeling of being completely cut off from the outside world.

The microphone is actually really sensitive. I can hear when the door opens to my gaming room... this is good because my wife thinks it's "hilarious" to scare me while I'm pkaying VR.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering these currently, if not, say why I shouldn't buy it/them:

Beat Saber
Superhot VR
Raw Data
Moss
Hypercube
Tumble VR
Until Dawn: Rush for Blood
To the Top
TItanic VR

chowyunfatt

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought psvr again since launch. Enjoyed it at launch but sold it after a few weeks as the thought of it becoming a fad and the lack of software made me sell it.

Fast forward to today and I now have a pro, software choice is better and I'm now loving it. Got gun club vr, brilliant fun and also re7. I'm a massive racing game fan and GT is probably my favourite. Played that in VR now and omg, I just can't get enough. It's impossible to play racing games not in VR now. With a wheel setup and VR it's just incredible.

I really hope Sony release a improved VR on ps5 as that will give the power to have proper full grid online races in games. Just hope it becomes a reality as the thought of playing stuff like F1, GT and others at PS4 quality in VR would be pretty much perfect.