• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Was waiting for Outer Wilds to drop on Steam after it's EGS exclusive for a year. People really hyped this up and I've given it a few hours over a couple of sessions and I want to like this game but I'm finding it incredibly frustrating?

Like it's an adventure game where you go to each planet/moon and explore around and try to solve all the mysteries. Ok, that is cool and I am on board with that. I enjoying exploring and mysteries.

But my experience is that you're constantly running out of oxygen, running out of fuel, trapped in some ridiculous maze so you can't get back to your ship and refuel, things keep poking holes in your suit, have no idea where you're going most of the time, it's difficult control-wise getting around with the jetpack and when you get somewhere the game resets and now you have to spend 5-10 mins trying to get back there again just to make another 10 mins of progress.

Maybe it's because I picked a bad starting planet. The first planet I explored was the Ash Twins with the falling sand and I started exploring the fire one that has the sand falling on it. This makes everything even more a time rush because the sand is filling up and closing off pathways so I'm racing against the sand along with my fuel/oxygen, and trying to explore and then I die and have to fly there and do it all over again. I got to the big underground Sunless City and I'm trying to explore it and everytime I die I have to take the long way back to the city? I assume there's some dark souls shortcut style way to unlock a door so I can easily just get back in on reset, but I'm not seeing it.

I feel like I'm making progress in the adventure of exploring the planet, but essentially it's taking a one hour planet adventure and making it 2-4 hours because you have to keep redoing the same stuff over and over again, not to mention fly and land there each time. It's just feeling really tedious and turning me off on the game.

I'm thinking maybe I should try exploring another planet instead? Or maybe look at a guide just for the planet I'm on to get a better sense of what I'm supposed to be doing/endgoal of the planet mystery is.

I also find the flying and jetpack controls kinda of not intuitive. I basically just crash land my ship wherever on a planet since I'll probably die before I ever set foot in it again and then bail out and go explore on foot. The puzzles are also kind of confusing because there is no interact button? Like on that planet I'm on there's an Escape Pod #2 at the blue light shining in the sky and my ship log says there's more to be explored there but I can't figure out anything to do since there's nothing to interact with?

It's a game I really want to enjoy and explore but actually playing it is not very fun and killing my enjoyment. Any tips?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
You definitely didn't pick the best planet to start. Ash Twin feels like it's meant as the last or second to last planet. Even if you didn't do anything on there, go to another one, part of the fun is wondering around, unraveling mysteries left and right, and maybe, maybe you'll find something out there that will help you on this one planet. The starting planet has a Moon right above, maybe start on there first if you didn't.

Yes, it can be pretty frustrating to have to do it all again, but you usually know your way better and better, and yes there are usually multiple paths to your destination, so you might not take the right one if timing is too short.

To your last point, you should be able to interact with some devices. Maybe go to another planet where it'll be clearer to understand some devices, and then go back there.

Tarantism

Nov 8, 2017
Ash Twins sand mechanic is the worst part of the game imo.

Do one of the more chill planets first.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
you're right, there is a shortcut back into the sunless city that will save you hella time. I think it's not too hard to find once you get back in (one of the top level exits iirc)

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Don't try to do multiple things in a run. If you're feeling rushed and frantic in a way you don't enjoy, you're trying to do too many things at once.

Focus on a single planet. Maybe Giant's Deep. Follow a single clue. See what you find. Your log will keep track of anything you missed. You can handle that stuff next time.

if you're constantly hitting hazards, losing oxygen, etc. you're probably trying to do too much, too quickly.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Play it like a detective. Find a clue, and follow it's trail, even after death. Fling that ship across space and crash land by all means, you need all the time you can get. Don't worry about an overarching objective, just go explore for curiosity sake.

And please don't read a guide. Even this thread already is iffy. Discovery is best part of the game.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
You do need patience for this game. The advice I would give is to step back when you're stuck and observe what is happening. The solution often becomes apparent when you're not looking for the 'gamey' solution, but think logically about what is happening and how that can benefit you.

It's a masterpiece imo.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I bounced off hard for similar reasons. Not necessarily from dying by accident, but feeling too constrained by the time limit and events specific to timing. I love exploring and the mechanics were intriguing, but I was really frustrated by the moments that I'd be on the cusp of something only to have to restart, as the rewind to the start takes long enough to be tedious after a few loops and was only made worse by the musical preamble to the supernova when you're about to run out of time.

I couldn't stick with it, which is a shame because there is never any slight praise for the game, everyone that talks about the game speaks about how it got them to achieve a state of nirvana and was a defining moment in gaming and their life. I guess I'll just have to deal with not being enlightened.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Play it like a detective. Find a clue, and follow it's trail, even after death. Fling that ship across space and crash land by all means, you need all the time you can get. Don't worry about an overarching objective, just go explore for curiosity sake.

And please don't read a guide. Even this thread already is iffy. Discovery is best part of the game.
This is the way^^

And also OP, it seems like you are thinking of every planet as a level to be cleared, and are getting frustrated that you aren't finishing the level in the time that you think you should be taking. The game just isn't structured that way. Relax, take your time, let your curiosity guide you, and if you get stuck, go try something new instead of forcing it.

And please, please, don't use a guide.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I would say, if you want to give it another shot, try to take your time. You have more time than you think to get stuff done.
If you're feeling really pressured, you can always change the options to pause the timer whenever you read something (including your ship's progress log) or talk with an NPC.

Don't rush. If you're crash landing on a planet as fast as possible in an attempt to have more exploration time, you're gonna run into frustrations. You might be unlucky and end up with a really short run, or you might find you desperately needed your ship to make a crucial jump after all.

Set a goal for one session and try to stick with it. Doesn't have to be rumour map related; it can be a goal of your own.
Checking out other areas is definitely a good starting point. You'll naturally run into things and they will naturally provide more vectors of discovery and intrigue.
I've found it's not always a good idea to get focused on one single thing on the rumour map. Be flexible. You might get thrown off course, or stumble upon something else, so try going with the flow.

Whenever you find something and don't know how to interact with it, just try everything! Try you translator, your signalscope (at different frequencies) or your scout launcher. One of them is likely to reveal something to you.

Good luck! It's definitely a tricky one to get your head around, but it feels potentially very rewarding (as someone else who has only 3-4 hours under their belt).

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
As others have said: stick to one planet. Giant's Deep is a good one to start with.

There are no shortcuts to unlock btw. When things reset, they reset. The start of every cycle will be the same.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
The time limit is pretty brutal and the controls aren't very good but I do like the mystery aspect. If I didn't feel rushed, the game would be a lot more fun. As it stands, though, I never read much of the messages because I feel like I just don't have time.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I really disliked that game. Can't relate to the enormous praise some have heaped on it at all.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't finish the game. Once you've seen most of the planets, the drive just isn't there anymore. Some planets are just too scary/dangerous to explore and that's a fatal mistake for a game based on exploration IMO.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I also stopped after some hours but planning to give it another shot.

My problem are the flight controls as I have trouble landing on planets and instead just keep chasing them as they pass me. Controls ruined the game experience for me.

They released a pretty big update 2 days ago by the way:
Code:
Patch 1.0.7 Changes:

Revisions to writing, visual clues, and internal logic regarding a certain late-game mystery
Improved navigation for two paths on Brittle Hollow's southern hemisphere
Little Scout now automatically switches to launch mode when auto-equipped
Increased distance at which Quantum Moon feels seen
It is now possible to navigate in zero-g without a spacesuit
Increased the plausibility of a certain number on Giant's Deep
Input rebinding is now available on all platforms
Input lag reduced on all platforms
Fixed several bugs related to Patch 4 easter egg content changes
Player no longer remains locked onto the Interloper once it crashes into the Sun
Improved behavior when jet packing between horizontal tractor beams
Improved interactions with an Ash Twin orb track
Fixed a UI bug that occurs when the player accidentally selects "new game," declines at the "are you sure" screen, and then continues from previous save
Optimized memory usage on all platforms
Visual and layout changes to several structures on Ash Twin
Improved game icon on Xbox
Fixed minor visual issue with terrain clipping on Brittle Hollow & Visual improvements to architecture on Brittle Hollow
Added fossils to some cave walls on Ember Twin to improve visual polish
Ship log now defaults to map mode when there is no new info to reveal
Fixed issue with Korean font spacing

OP
OP
Bebpo

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'll try a different planet. The falling sand mechanic at Ember Twin + first planet of not knowing what I'm doing made it more frustrating I'm sure.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
The ship and jetpack controls take a little time to get used to. There is a satisfying learning curve there, however. My first hour of the game I was a total klutz, overshooting landings, falling too short of making jumps, etc. But by the end of the game zipping around like George Clooney in Gravity. The game is about improving your own skill and knowledge of the game rather than getting in-game upgrades to make your life easier.

Same applies to the puzzles. Every time the time loops, everything resets and you just keep your own knowledge and ship log. If you are stuck on one planet and unable to figure out a puzzle, go to different planet and you might get hints on how to solve the other planet.

As an adventure game, Outer Wilds is more accessible because all of the solutions to the puzzles have hints scattered around the world and follow an internal logic (much of which is based on real life logic). It's just a matter of exploring what you can, learning the clues, using your intuitions and connecting the dots. Unlike old school adventure games where none of the dialogue tell you anything useful and the puzzles follow clown university logic.

You should also approach each attempt as a suicide mission. Don't worry about getting back to your ship to refuel. Just try to learn and progress as much as you can because you will die and death is a part of the game, not a fail state. Keep an eye out for plants and fuel canisters out in the world, they will help sustain you. Be sure to read every bit of text and talk to every other astronaut on each planet.

Since the hourglass twins are so time intensive, go explore another planet until you get more adept at controlling your ship and jetpack. Then come back to hourglass twins and you will have more time to navigate the underground caves. Try to explore section by section instead of the whole thing in one go. Set yourself one target for each attempt and try to do that. If you run into a dead end or can't figure out a solution, go some where completely different and explore there.

Most importantly, don't hesitate to take breaks from the game. Often times, If I get stuck in any puzzle game, I just stop playing for the day and ruminate about the game in my free time. Your brain does a lot processing unconsciously and when you come back to the game with a fresh brain you will sometimes instantly figure out the solution.

I would heavily advise against using guides because you will rob yourself of the actual enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

My problem are the flight controls as I have trouble landing on planets and instead just keep chasing them as they pass me. Controls ruined the game experience for me.

They released a pretty big update 2 days ago by the way:
Code:
Patch 1.0.7 Changes:

Revisions to writing, visual clues, and internal logic regarding a certain late-game mystery
Improved navigation for two paths on Brittle Hollow's southern hemisphere
Little Scout now automatically switches to launch mode when auto-equipped
Increased distance at which Quantum Moon feels seen
It is now possible to navigate in zero-g without a spacesuit
Increased the plausibility of a certain number on Giant's Deep
Input rebinding is now available on all platforms
Input lag reduced on all platforms
Fixed several bugs related to Patch 4 easter egg content changes
Player no longer remains locked onto the Interloper once it crashes into the Sun
Improved behavior when jet packing between horizontal tractor beams
Improved interactions with an Ash Twin orb track
Fixed a UI bug that occurs when the player accidentally selects "new game," declines at the "are you sure" screen, and then continues from previous save
Optimized memory usage on all platforms
Visual and layout changes to several structures on Ash Twin
Improved game icon on Xbox
Fixed minor visual issue with terrain clipping on Brittle Hollow & Visual improvements to architecture on Brittle Hollow
Added fossils to some cave walls on Ember Twin to improve visual polish
Ship log now defaults to map mode when there is no new info to reveal
Fixed issue with Korean font spacing
You're doing something VERY wrong if you're 'chasing' planets - use autopilot, it will take you right into orbit and you can just swap to landing view and lower yourself gently onto the surface. Once your'e orbiting the planet is not going to leave you.

OP
OP
Bebpo

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

Yeah, I am terrible at the flight controls. Until I noticed the autopilot I couldn't figure out how to get close enough to land for Ember Twin. But now I just use autopilot until it's in landing distance and then hold left trigger and drop straight down. The flight controls feel pretty off to me.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally watching credits after beating it now. I've really enjoyed it. I'd agree with other people who posted taht Giant's Deep is a much better starting place than Ash Twins. Ash Twins does have a slightly frantic nature to it. Giant's Deep is much more patient. The game seems to be very deliberately recommending you start there since you begin each cycle watching as something happens right in Giant's Deep's own orbit. Lots of things in the game do have a timing component, but Ember Twin in particular is the most rigid about this. I do think it's worth following through to its conclusion, but my first impression was the same as yours, quality wise. It was just alright. I'm left with a warmer feeling having finished it. Hope you manage to find a better experience with it in the future. And remember, if things get too dire, it's okay just to throw yourself off a cliff, stab yourself with pin needles, smash yourself into a wall with space jets, crash into the sun, or take your space suit off and step outside to get to the next cycle. No need to kill time waiting for the world to end.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think a single place (time specific events excluded) in the game is more than 4 minutes out from getting in your spaceship on your home planet. Don't sweat time. You keep your knowledge which is as valuable to maneuvering the world as upgrades are in a Metroidvania title. There are quite a few connections between the planets that help you piece together what to do, so don't expect to know everything about a planet without exploring the others. If stuck, go somewhere else.

The time limit is pretty brutal and the controls aren't very good but I do like the mystery aspect. If I didn't feel rushed, the game would be a lot more fun. As it stands, though, I never read much of the messages because I feel like I just don't have time.

There are options in the menu to pause time when reading messages. In fact some of them may be on by default.

OP
OP
Bebpo

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Also just played a bit more and as someone with checklist ubisoft OCD gaming tendencies, I feel like on a planet I have to check off all the journey entries in the ships logs that say "there's more left to explore" to get my 100% planet completion before moving on.

Like on Ember Twin I have that on the Escape Pod #2 entry, but I have no idea what I'm missing. I translated the 2 audio logs and the ship computer entries and the crash land cave entries and got to the Sunless city. I can't find anything else to do at the Escape Pod #2 site and having it still say "there's more to be explore" with the orange asterik is irking me. I want to clear all the entries before moving on to a different planet :(

But I guess I just need to let go...

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I am terrible at the flight controls. Until I noticed the autopilot I couldn't figure out how to get close enough to land for Ember Twin. But now I just use autopilot until it's in landing distance and then hold left trigger and drop straight down. The flight controls feel pretty off to me.
If you wanna fly to other planets manually, keep a close eye on your velocity and distance. You want to beging decelerating when you're probably less than 10x as far away as you're flying meters per second. So if you're flying to a destination that's 8000m away and you're accelerating past 600m/s, you probably need to start decelerating now.

The higher the distance, the earlier you need to start decelerating relative to this guideline. So like... you probably want to start declerating at like 1000m/s for a destination that's 13000m away.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played now for a long time but do I have to manually activate the auto pilot? Or what exactly do I have to do other than just aiming for a planet and pressing the thruster button?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played now for a long time but do I have to manually activate the auto pilot? Or what exactly do I have to do other than just aiming for a planet and pressing the thruster button?
It shows on the UI when you're in the ship. but you just lock onto the planet with...left stick? i think. then hit 'up' on the dpad, if memory serves.
You're in space, traveling to different planet, gathering resources, mystery to solve.
Literally reductive and incorrect. You don't gather any resources whatsoever in Outer Wilds. NMS is a survival game, Outer Wilds is an adventure game/walking simulator essentially.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I highly recommend the moon for the first voyage. It's super chill and offers some nice intrigue for the overall story.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
For the most part a lot of the discoveries are the translation logs left behind and some natural phenomena. There are a few notable exceptions but this is what you're looking for, basically to gather as much knowledge of how the solar system works and the history of the race you're investigating and what they know.

The game doesn't really want you to blindly fumble your way into all these discoveries though, some of them require you to know stuff you learned on other planets to have a good idea of what to look for. I actually think though that Ash Twin is the worst possible place to start however as some of the discoveries there are much more arcane than on other planets and I even had to look at a guide for the most critical one. Go somewhere else for a while and come back to the twins later on is what I would say.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The way I played it was continuously exploring planets further away from the starting one. That felt like the most intuitive way to do it and basically gives you a very linear progress path along which you will get all the info you need at the time you need it. Very little back and forth until the end at least. Don't worry about 100%ing every planet as you get there; some stuff you're only expected to find later on in the game after a note on another planet tells you how to access it.

I do have to say that your frustrations very much echo my own, and I didn't find the game all that enjoyable. Having a progression path with less friction didn't improve the experience all that much. While I appreciated Outer Wilds' aesthetic and atmosphere a lot (!), the game part of it fell very flat for me. It was too punishing for my tastes (which will only intensify as you go on) and the only thing behind every corner being a bunch of notes in which an uninteresting story was told did not appeal. The ending is certainly quite impressive, but I would've appreciated more like that sprinkled throughout to keep me going. Instead, you just follow a path of breadcrumbs with more breadcrumbs as your reward until you complete the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rushing is your worst enemy here. There is no need to rush. Almost nothing in the game is time limited; like 3 tasks out of the 200 in the game

Re running out of oxygen and stuff, part of getting good at and beating the game is learning the places where you can rest and replenish your oxygen, and making sure you can get back to your ship if you need to. (But usually you don't need to - you pick a task, try like fuck to complete it, and probably run out of time before you do.)

Also you don't need to "commit" to one planet like you're doing. See the solar system as a buffet. Dip in and out of various planets. Keep exploring and looking around.

Almost every planet has a link somehow to every other planet. It's usually impossible to "complete" a planet without information you'll find on other planets. It's really one big, cohesive world.

The games biggest failing is on boarding IMO. It doesn't really tell you what your goal is. You can have no idea how to even "beat" the game until 10 hours into it. TBH this isn't a big problem but a lack of direction in the first 30-60 minutes really puts people on the wrong footing, IMO.

I just couldn't get into it. Prefer no man's sky.
They are almost totally opposite games my dude. This is like comparing Far Cry to Portal. One is an open world action adventure (NMS), the other is a tightly crafted puzzle game (OW).

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
I had a lot of fun with it initially, with some clear highlights while exploring. But I felt like it somehow got less interesting the more I played, simply because there was less to discover. Also, puzzles got more elaborate and stressful towards to end, especially with the time limit attached and controls I never quite got used to. I get their reason for having a time limit, but I guess I wanted a different game where I can explore things at my own pace. I still respect the game though, but it wasn't really GOTY material for me.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They are almost totally opposite games my dude. This is like comparing Far Cry to Portal. One is an open world action adventure (NMS), the other is a tightly crafted puzzle game (OW).

What puzzles are there in Outer Wilds that are not the five or so of a quantum nature? I would not characterize it as a puzzle game, personally. There's just not enough of it. And all the other stuff that's left for the player to figure out just has a note somewhere telling you quite literally how to solve it.

(Not really a spoiler but just in case someone gets anxious about it)

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT?! Completely different games my guy.

The core loop of being a pseudo-ecologist, going around planets collecting information from monuments left by a civilization predating yours and piecing their history together is quite similar, I'd say. Plus the light survival mechanics. Yes, obviously NMS has far broader ambitions, but there is a non-negligible degree of overlap. I wouldn't say they're all that comparable from a moment to moment play perspective, but I can see people liking the one also appreciating the other for having similar ideas.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Played this for the first time last weekend. My three loops were :
- fly towards a planet but miss it so end in deep space dying from asphyxia
- fly towards a planet, land, try a jump but fall in the center in a black hole
- fly towards Ash Twin, use the sand elevator, wander around, dies

But I don't lose hope, I'll go back to it :D

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just couldn't get into it. Prefer no man's sky.
What puzzles are there in Outer Wilds that are not the five or so of a quantum nature? I would not characterize it as a puzzle game, personally. There's just not enough of it. And all the other stuff that's left for the player to figure out just has a note somewhere telling you quite literally how to solve it.

(Not really a spoiler but just in case someone gets anxious about it)
id say the nature of the world itself is a puzzle.

- realising the ash twin time limits
- working out how unique rooms in the ash twin interact with the time limit (some you have to rush to; others you can't pass until the sand is mostly in)
- using the thrown scout to direct you to the anglefish skeleton

- realising the nature of the black hole at the Center of Hollow and implications that has for level design (you can "ride" it to white hole station; you can keep exploring Hollows buildings but in space near the white hole)
- realising how the gravity crystals affect and are affected by level design and navigating that
- getting under Statue Island on Giants Deep
- generally understanding how giants deep works (you have to find out how to get to the centre but I'm referring to the island physics, the ecosystem, the jellyfish, etc)
- working your way into the Probe Station, two rooms of which you can't access without working stuff out
- piecing together how to ultimately activate the end game space ship (nothing tells you how to put in the coordinates or where you'll find them)
- realising you have to wait for ice to melt to get into the Interloper
- realising the water current system under timber hearth can get you around
- realising how Ash Twin is basically your fast travel system (you are pretty much forced to learn about warp hole travel and are told about Ash Twins connectivity but how you can use it as a player has to be worked out yourself)
- working out how "parallel space" works in dark bramble (the game doesn't explicitly tell you this, instead just saying space is weird in dark bramble)

All of these must be worked out by the players of their own volition, and while they aren't "traditional" closed-room puzzles (in the traditional sense of a "puzzle adventure" game like Portal) they're instead more like the level-wide puzzles you'd get in the larger Zelda dungeons, but dragged out across multiple "levels" scattered across a large void world.

Solving these "puzzles" doesn't have an immediate positive outcome but will ultimately allow you to "solve" the whole game-world, which is itself a giant puzzle.

edit: to clarify, THIS is the core loop of Outer Wilds. "Solving" the game world.

Compare that to NMS which is basically a walking simulator with survival mechanics. (I love the game, I don't mean that as a criticism.) NMS's core loop is not "solving" anything but travelling around an infinite proc gen galaxy doing fetch quests and dog fighting and completing A to B journeys and wrangling survival mechanics/fuel and base building.

Outer Wilds has none of that except super basic survival mechanics which have a totally different function.

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying the games are the exact same but they remind me of each other. I played Outer Wilds's first, a few times. I only played NMS when it game to Gamepass so it had all the the updates and stuff.

Since playing outer world's I've played BB and DS. It's a little bit like them as well I guess. Dying is part of it to learn more. I just couldn't work out what I was meant to be doing.

Fuck I've probably annoyed even more people now.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying the games are the exact same but they are they remind me of each other. I played Outer World's first, a few times. I only played NMS when it game to Gamepass so it had all the the updates and stuff.

Since playing outer world's I've played BB and DS. It's a little bit like them as well I guess. Dying is part of it to learn more. I just couldn't work out what I was meant to be doing.

Fuck I've probably annoyed even more people now.
Outer worlds or outer wilds? Those are different games. Literally none of those 3 (OW, OW, NMS) are similar at all either other than being 'you're a person in space'

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah I had some frustration as well but I'm glad I stuck with it, incredible game.

One tip: On Giant's Deep there's an NPC that can teach you how to meditate. Meditating will skip time immediately to the reset, so if you're in a situation where you don't have enough time to do anything significant but still have to wait a few minutes for the reset, just meditate

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up recently too and I love a lot of it but some of it is just a bit annoying

I will say that some of the puzzle solutions would have been incredibly annoying to figure out by myself, especially given the time limit, and at the very least I'd appreciate some sort of feature that lets you know if you've seen everything there is to see in an area while you're still in it.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Played this for the first time last weekend. My three loops were :
- fly towards a planet but miss it so end in deep space dying from asphyxia
- fly towards a planet, land, try a jump but fall in the center in a black hole
- fly towards Ash Twin, use the sand elevator, wander around, dies

But I don't lose hope, I'll go back to it :D

Did you use the auto-pilot? You shouldn't be missing planets

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get into the game either, the actual exploration itself didn't grab me.