• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, if you've finished the Twilight Town part after the second Tron visit.
It's the no Disney allowed end game section like End of the World on KH.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Finished Lion King and Little Mermaid. Little Mermaid ended up disappointing in the end. The idea of a singing gimmick world? Brilliant. But in the end it didn't live up to its potential. I hope future Kingdom Hearts games bring back a singing gimmick world but execute it better. Part of Your World was the only one that was done well.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Oh I'd been avoiding returning to Hercules assuming it would just be a tournament thing that unlocked. Didn't realise it was actually story content. Cool.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Hercules revisit was fantastic!

Oh that had it all. A Hades fight. Hercules diving in to save Meg and coming out a God/True Hero. True hero measured by the strength of his heart. People always do crazy things when they're in love. Cap it all off with Sora Donald and Goofy in the stars. The feels.

Oh and it even says a star is born when you click on the world again. Ending song might not be there to cap it off, but it's referenced. Well played.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know what I was thinking when I was tempted to abandon the game. The game still had quite a bit to offer. The first couple world revisits seemed so lame it felt like my time was just beong wasted. But some of the ones after were actually really good.

Tron is the only Disney world I have left. Tron was one of my favourite worlds on the first visit. Such a cool unexpected world choice.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Don't know what I was thinking when I was tempted to abandon the game. The game still had quite a bit to offer. The first couple world revisits seemed so lame it felt like my time was just beong wasted. But some of the ones after were actually really good.

Tron is the only Disney world I have left. Tron was one of my favourite worlds on the first visit. Such a cool unexpected world choice.
Second visit Tron is great.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah some of the second visits were legitimately great. Tron's is cool

Really hoping you don't drop the game at a certain fight in the final world

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
yes and given that he hates the combat and original KH content...
I had to go back and prepare my ass for that fight for a decent while, and it still took me a bit to finally beat him after I leveled up a ton. Definitely the hardest fight in the game especially considering how the game really doesn't prepare you for it at all lol. OP is nottttttt gonna have a fun time with the fight.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I had to go back and prepare my ass for that fight for a decent while, and it still took me a bit to finally beat him after I leveled up a ton. Definitely the hardest fight in the game especially considering how the game really doesn't prepare you for it at all lol. OP is nottttttt gonna have a fun time with the fight.
im anticipating a negative post about it imminently lol

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone. This isn't even an optional fight. Kingdom Hearts 2 is harder than the first game. This is not up for debate.

Bonus negative points for forcing the player to run back to the boss fight AND making them open all the chests on the way again.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
That's the biggest difficulty spike in the game imo. If you can beat him you should be good. Thankfully they add a retry option for boss fights in later games. I really think they should have added that to the remasters of 1 and 2.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
I CANT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE TRIED TO CONVINCE ME TO PLAY THIS ON THE HIGHEST DIFFICULTY. CHRIST IMAGINE IF I STUCK WITH THE DIFFICULTY ABOVE THIS INSTEAD OF RESTARTING THE GAME

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Hello everyone. This isn't even an optional fight. Kingdom Hearts 2 is harder than the first game. This is not up for debate.

Bonus negative points for forcing the player to run back to the boss fight AND making them open all the chests on the way again.
lol, this wasn't even in the original game. It's something they added for Final Mix. Originally it just played out as a cutscene.

The fight rivals the Sephiroth battle IMO, which is made even worse by the fact that it's mandated for story progression whereas Sephiroth is optional in both games.

Look at it this way, if you manage to beat him you'll basically be in the clear for the rest of the game! Nothing else comes close in terms of the main story.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
It is quite funny how I suddenly went from getting rekt nowhere near beating him to all of a sudden yeah alright now I'll just beat him. There was no gradual improvement it was just going from rekt to doing in 1 attempt of clarity.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Considering how much you said you enjoyed KH1's combat, I'm kinda surprised you are not using the Drive form that literally turns you into KH1 Sora with his combat abilities from that game lol.
I don't use limits in general. A form based around limits was not appealing to me as the controls seemed awkward. You have to select down on the d-pad to choose different attacks and I just found that awkward so that's why I avoided it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just started hollow bastion. Realized I stopped right before the finale last time I played this on ps2, why do I do that with Jrpgs all the time?! Going for the white trinity unlock then I'll do the Hercules cup and backtracking

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
HOLY SHIT WOW

IT EVEN TELLS YOU YOU HAVE A DODGE ROLL ON LIMIT IN THE MENU I JUST NEVER BOTHERED READING IT!

I COULD HAVE FIXED THIS GAMES COMBAT A LONG FUCKING TIME AGO

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't use limits in general. A form based around limits was not appealing to me as the controls seemed awkward. You have to select down on the d-pad to choose different attacks and I just found that awkward so that's why I avoided it.
You can use L2/Left Trigger and right stick to navigate the command menu, which is way easier/how it was on original KH1 when it had Sonic Adventure style shoulder button camera controls. Having to do command menu on d-pad for 1FM kills it for me.
All the forms give Sora a unique ability, and you can upgrade them further as you level the form. You can grind limit form painlessly though- go to the room at the bottom of the elevator in the cave (it's the gummi ship landing spot outside the treasure room), then go in the treasure room, pop limit form, spam limits on the mushroom, then go out and back on th gummi ship before your drive gauge runs out, and just repeat that.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
The movement abilities being tied to drive forms is the biggest flaw in KH2. So many people end up not getting them when they're practically mandatory for the game to be fun to play.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The final world is when they want you to run through in drive form lol. There are 2 specific forms in combination with magic that make it a synch.

I personally didn't mind the drive forms outside of having to grind them each in a specific way but anti form is rage inducing bullshit like the tripping in Smash Bros Brawl.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The movement abilities being tied to drive forms is the biggest flaw in KH2. So many people end up not getting them when they're practically mandatory for the game to be fun to play.
I started replaying KH2 FM and I'm definitely feeling it. I don't want to spend any time grinding (at least, going out of my way for it), so while leveling up Valor is pretty easy, I'm not looking forward to having to putz around with the other forms.