• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Gave up too hard just finished the level. Liked the level it was an excellent world choice.

Up next I have the choice of Little Mermaid Aladdin and what looks like Nightmare Before Christmas. A little disappointing to see so many repeated worlds from the first game but I suppose it's to be expected. Hopefully they do cool new things with them.
Little Mermaid's basically a mini game but yeah I can think of two returning worlds that actually did add new stuff and a good twist. Agrabah is really the only one that stays the same

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Finished Nightmare Before Christmas. It was good, but it was better in KH1.

Lion King world is available now! But before I go there I must return to what could potentially be the most exciting part of the game. Singing!

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
I just sang Part of Your World and I have an absolute beaming smile on my face. I believe I would like an entire game of this. Just a series of minigames for every Disney song. I would pay good money for this.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If you're enjoying the music stuff and also didn't mind Nightmare Before Christmas, just be aware that Capcom made a Nightmare Before Christmas sequel game on PS2 which was a Devil May Cry clone with the boss fights being singing battles.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of confused about the Drive gauge. If the gauge in the corner says MAX 4 does that mean it isn't going to go any higher? That doesn't make sense to me since in status it says my valor form can go up to 5

Yeah I've defeated quite a few enemies now the number definitely aint going up to 5. But I don't get it. My valor form should go up to 5

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm kind of confused about the Drive gauge. If the gauge in the corner says MAX 4 does that mean it isn't going to go any higher? That doesn't make sense to me since in status it says my valor form can go up to 5

Yeah I've defeated quite a few enemies now the number definitely aint going up to 5. But I don't get it. My valor form should go up to 5
You get Drive Form power-ups at certain beats in the story, not from leveling up.

I am so happy someone likes the Atlantica sections, they're pretty reviled in the fandom lol. I guess I never found them as intolerable as everyone else, but eh.

This thread kept popping up for me and I finally skimmed through it. KH fans are very enthusiastic but some of these suggestions are a little too overzealous.

After seeing all the criticism you have of KH2, absolutely do not play BBS and DDD if making even the smallest choices is paralyzing to you. Despite being full of new Disney worlds, those two games' combat largely revolves around crafting and melding your own special moves which you won't like doing if even forms were intimidating.

Hell don't even bother with watching every game's cutscenes to get caught up. KH3 has a short series of recaps on the main menu that will take you just under 20 minutes to watch that's good enough - and if you need more, journal entries will be made available as you meet characters if you even care.
The only reason I'd still recommend BBS and DDD is because they actually feature new worlds - like it or not, Square regarded them much more highly than the other offshoot titles. To borrow the MCU analogy people sometimes use, if KH1-2-3 are the Avengers movies, BBS and DDD are like the Iron Man/Captain America movies, they set up the plot almost as much as the Avengers movies themselves.

BBS being called KH Zero (and ideally coming out on PS2/Wii/or spruced up for PS3/360) would have saved people so much hassle.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
You get Drive Form gauge power-ups at certain beats in the story, not from leveling up. Like whenever you beat a boss and you get a bonus power-up separate from leveling.

I am so happy someone likes the Atlantica sections, they're pretty reviled in the fandom lol. I guess I never found them as intolerable as everyone else, but eh.
Oh. I just want more singing.

KH fans don't like singing? What the hell is wrong with you people?!

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
There's something in KH3 you're going to love!

(I loved it too, people predictably complained about it)
I know there's a Frozen world in KH3 so I'm expecting some sort of Let it Go sequence at the very least. But hopefully there's more than that.

For me every world where it makes sense there should be at least 1 lyrical song played in some fashion. Great songs are a key part of Disney movies and games like this should pay respect to that.

I'm hoping that in a future KH game when there's another Hercules world we basically get narration in song form for the world from the Muses. Bit of original bit of throwback make it work it could be amazing.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
... You haven't heard Finny Fun yet.
I will admit the song wasn't great but that's ok it was just kind of an introduction to the concept of the level and it made me excited for what songs may come after it. Which my excitement was proven correct with Part of Your World. I'm expecting Under the Sea and Kiss the Girl after this.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for this thread, it's been really fun to follow! I haven't played a KH game since the PS2 so I went and bought the 1.5 + 2.5 PS4 version and I'm looking forward to reliving those games, plus all of the 'in-between' games that I never tried.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Not quite, it's a rhythm game with ~150 total songs but probably a single digit number Disney songs. The vast majority are the background music from the worlds and battle/boss themes.
Oh. That's kinda a what's even the point situation. If you have the Disney license and you're making a rhythm game you should go all in. Oh well.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Oh. That's kinda a what's even the point situation. If you have the Disney license and you're making a rhythm game you should go all in. Oh well.
I don't think it would be a good recommendation for you, since you're clearly just here for the Disney stuff. But for the record most people think the original KH music is pretty fantastic, so a rhythm game of that was very welcome news, haha.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the amount/type of Disney content SE gets to use in each game and for each world is tied up in all sorts of weird Disney bureaucracy. Nomura can't just do whatever he wants.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity OP, since you've said you're going to be skipping to KH3 after 3, would you be interested in someone posting the Disney content (worlds, enemies, partners, bosses, etc) from the two major games (Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance) you'll be skipping once you've finished KH2?

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Out of curiosity OP, since you've said you're going to be skipping to KH3 after 3, would you be interested in someone posting the Disney content (worlds, enemies, partners, bosses, etc) from the two major games (Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance) you'll be skipping once you've finished KH2?
We'll go with no for the moment. I may end up playing them anyway. If I get to the point where I definitely aren't going to want to visit the other games in the series and I'm sure about that, I'll say to spoil me on them.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Finished Lion King. Quite disappointed with that to be honest. It was ok. It had a lot of beats from the movie, but it all just felt so......hollow. Like it had all these beats from the movie but it executed them all so cheaply and poorly. It felt really badly acted. It's not the first world in the series to have that kind of feeling but it felt extra here for whatever reason. Didn't click for me. And that's a shame because I really love The Lion King.

Are there any more Disney worlds to come or is that pretty much it?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Lion King is...bland for the most part in this game, and Lion Sora isn't the funnest thing to control and fight with.

You still have one more Disney world you haven't visited yet.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the original KH OST is the highlights of the games musicwise to me so it was great. But there are a good number of Disney tracks in MOM
We'll go with no for the moment. I may end up playing them anyway. If I get to the point where I definitely aren't going to want to visit the other games in the series and I'm sure about that, I'll say to spoil me on them.
if you love KH for the Disney worlds, you'll definitely want to at least breeze through BBS and DDD.

BBS has some that you'll be like "wait, how had they not done this one yet?" and DDD kinda digs for the deep cuts and is very cool and unique with its world selection.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Dammit! Should not click on other Kingdom Hearts threads. Just got spoiled on a KH3 world that would have made me lose my shit.

OP
OP
I Wanna Be The Guy
Oct 28, 2017
Alright I'm gonna call this now. Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong. The true leader of the Organisation is Sora's Nobody which was created when he turned in to a heartless in the first game. It's a dumb as hell plot twist so I'm banking on that being it. If not leader of the organisation he's some sort of higher up evilness in the Organisation.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Alright I'm gonna call this now. Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong. The true leader of the Organisation is Sora's Nobody which was created when he turned in to a heartless in the first game. It's a dumb as hell plot twist so I'm banking on that being it. If not leader of the organisation he's some sort of higher up evilness in the Organisation.
ee0a2f2547d14363bcdff4dffeab4b3c

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Wow just wow that's all I'm going to say

I can't wait when you finish the game.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
After the Tron world is the game nearly finished? Tron world then final world then done?
Did you go back to all the worlds again? I think after the portion you're in now you go to most if not all the worlds once more. I like it better more the second round since the first visit was more of a movie recap while the second visit adds more original story.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Can everyone stop losing their mind over the prediction, wether he's super right or completely wrong, spoiling KH to point out how stupid it's story is is a huge problem with the ironic KH fans that permeate here and twitter, and it's a huge pain in the ass when it totally screws with people who legitimately want to give the games a chance.

I know a lot of you love hearing someone experience the series for the first time, but just try to have a little more discretion, that's all.

he'll beat it soon enough, and then we can go nuts about the story (of KH2)

By the way OP, you might enjoy BBS since you actially visit several old-school picks for KH worlds, in three different perspectives with the three playable characters. It might be a real fun way to enjoy the Disney stuff, especially since there are plenty of Disney minigames in there at a certain Town.

After KH2 and it's secret movie it's the next logical step, I recommend checking it out!