• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
In the beginning I was enjoying but at the same time it was kind of ''nhe'', the characters were too much of an assholes and some jokes didn't hit properly for me, but the show in few episodes progresses in such a good way and becomes crazier and crazier, the cast is PERFECT, seriously, it was like 2 or 3 seasons in one.

Only Pierce that I still don't know what to think about, he seems to exist to be a pervert idiot and that's it(with the exception of very few moments), it's weird that the group still forgive him. I know this is a comedy show and for the most part there is no real consequences, but I hope his character change at least a little from now on.

And maaaaaaaaan, the Chicken Mafia and Paintball episodes are fucking masterpieces, it's been a while that I haven't laughed so much.

BXaqDwm.png

And I hope this isn't one of those shows that falls apart on some point due problems with production and/or with the cast.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
If you liked Season one so much be prepared for how good Season 2 and 3 are,

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Man, if you think Season 1 is amazing, you're not ready for season 2 and 3.

Fuck.
But it is BAD or just worse than the best seasons?
Also, don't worry about this. Season 4 is worse, because Dan Harmon was fired, but still pretty okay. Just not as good as S2 or 3. Season 5 is pretty good IMO (Dan Harmon got rehired lol) and the 6th one you can see there's less budget, but it's still funny and a good ending of the show.

Be prepared for a couple of cast changes though, some you may like, some you may not!

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 is one of the best seasons of television ever.

If you're watching on Netflix, one of the show's most celebrated episodes from S2 is not on there (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons). There are reasons why - this doesn't seem like the right place to rehash that discussion, but feel free to read up on why it got pulled and then decide for yourself if you want to go chase it down.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
It's great! Seasons 2 and 3 are fantastic, 4 has some bad episodes but it's still watchable, season 5 and 6 are just as good as the first 3 and has a fantastic finale, watch everything!

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, that's sad, but no reason to stop now.

I find season 4, 5 and 6 perfectly fine to watch, with a lot of fun to be had. Even on a rewatch. Just stick with it, and stop when you don't like it anymore?
Because yeah, season 2 and 3 are really, really fucking great.

Trundler

Feb 13, 2019
I've always found Season 1 to be hard to get into for Community but once I got about half-way in I was hooked. Seasons 2 and 3 have some amazing episodes.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The show increasingly just becomes 'Dan Harmon's series of genre parodies and homages'

The first three seasons atleast have a pretty good through-line. Season 4 is just really bland, and the cast falling away afterwards doesn't help.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Seasons 1-3 are great (1 is the most grounded of the lot). I found Season 4 to be boring and Season 5 to be mean-spirited (losing Troy really messes the cast dynamics up) and neither season to be very funny and skip those seasons on rewatching. Season 6 is very hit or miss but it has some good stuff in it and I like the 2 new main cast members they brought on a lot (Paget Brewster & Keith David).

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
man this show has so mamy great jokes that I still laugj about to this day.

"'Save Garrett'? What's wrong with Garrett?"

"Nothing now. We saved him!"
* points to the drinking fountain, where Garrett is fumbling and doing a terrible job at drinking water*

"Wait. That's saved Garrett?"

Oct 25, 2017
I am a fierce proponent of the idea that if you're going to watch Community you watch all of it, through its ups and downs. There's a lot of great stuff in seasons 5 and 6.

I mean you'd miss out on Elroy Patashnik, known white people encourager.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ignore everyone and just enjoy the ride. good and bad. there's nothing out there quite like community.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only Pierce that I still don't know what to think about
Pierce keeps making racist jokes until he leaves the show at the end of season 4. The show would have been better off without him. Keith David takes his spot in season 6, and his character is so good that I wish he had been part of the show since the beginning.

And I hope this isn't one of those shows that falls apart on some point due problems with production and/or with the cast.
Season 4 is the weakest, but it's still alright. The way people talk about it or the later two season, you'd expect some Dexter-season-8-level of drop in quality, but it's really not that bad.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you get the chance to watch the Dungeons and Dragons episode.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck.
Don't worry. Yes, some of the changes/departures suck, but I still enjoyed the later seasons, also due to some cool new additions and guest appearances. Plus, the finale is really good. Once you're done with everything, watch the virtual table read and Q&A they did on YouTube recently. It's a joy seeing them all back together again. Hope they end up doing that movie one of these days.
I am a fierce proponent of the idea that if you're going to watch Community you watch all of it, through its ups and downs. There's a lot of great stuff in seasons 5 and 6.

I mean you'd miss out on Elroy Patashnik, known white people encourager.
Seriously, this! Such an awesome character, with the best voice. Loved the VR episode where he was introduced.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Season 1-3 are great, although 3 goes a little far on the absurd "gimmick" episodes IMO.

Season 4 is mostly dull. Not bad just dull.

Season 5 and 6 are funny again, but you lose some actors (basically no Chevy and you lose Troy and Shirley over the course of season 5) and the budget takes a pretty big hit. There are some standout episodes in there though, and totally worth watching.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck.

The showrunner was fired after season three, with season four being a horrible imitation of the style of the previous seasons. He was rehired for season five and six, and while those seasons are more divisive, I personally love them. They're not as good as the best seasons, and some of the departed actors are sorely missed, but the seasons are still really good in their own right.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Community has some truly excellent seasons early on. But it also has some really poor episodes and it completely falls apart later on. Keep your expectations low after the first 2-3 seasons. Very low.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I initially dropped it after season 3, per the suggestion of my friends. When they got added to Netflix, I saw the entire thing, and I had a mostly great time with it. I think knowing that it dips was enough to get my expectations in check. Season 4's definitely weaker than the rest, but I don't think I'd recommend anyone else stop after 3.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
I quit watching it during season 3 and recently watched the entire series. I think season 3 is also not so great, after season 5 starts I think the show has some of its strongest episodes. It became all about the gimmick in the middle, but by the end I think they figured out that the gimmicks were a means to bounce the characters off each other. I still tell myself I'm manipulating worlds when I'm at work.

Extra thick straps! Extra thick straps!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Watch everything, warts and all.

I absolutely loved the Ken Burns and Law & Order parodies.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
S2>>S3=S1>>>>S6>>S5>>>>>S4

This is a pretty good ranking of seasons. Season three is a bit of a mixed bag for me - it has some of the series' absolute highs and (non-season 4) absolute lows, so I'd personally rank it below the consistently-great S1 and S2. Hell, whenever I rewatch S6, I feel like it's one of the best. The hell with it, here's my personal ranking:

S2>>S1>>S6>>S3=S5>>>>>>>S4

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think Season 1 is the strongest, though I don't think that's the consensus.

I always heard Season 4 was bad before I started my first watch during quarantine. Even though I binged the first three in about a week, I stopped watching altogether in 4, not even on purpose and I didn't think I noticed a glaring change.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Season 1-3 are great, although 3 goes a little far on the absurd "gimmick" episodes IMO.

Season 4 is mostly dull. Not bad just dull.

Season 5 and 6 are funny again, but you lose some actors (basically no Chevy and you lose Troy and Shirley over the course of season 5) and the budget takes a pretty big hit. There are some standout episodes in there though, and totally worth watching.
Agree with this 100%. There is a definite dip in quality at points, but the show is never outright bad.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
What a coincidence; I'm on ep23 right now.
It's been really fun. Sometimes it's just plain, but then sometimes I'm laughing harder than I've laughed in years.
Quite a good show so far but ever so slightly imbalanced.
Still don't know how the hell the Russo Bros. got the MCU gig from this show. I can't see anything spectacular about the direction of the show (I don't know how to direct anything).

(After ep23)
Well, that was quite cool. Paintball wars! And that looked like a movie :D

Last edited:

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would stop now, show really loses its way as the seasons go on
Why would stopping before season 2 be a good thing?

Season 2 (and 3 [and 5 <and 6 {and 4, I guess}>]) is great.

Honestly, the biggest change is you start to feel the shows ideas restricted by their budget, particularly by season 4.

Hypertrooper

Oct 28, 2017
Please. Continue watching. I want the movie to happen so that the series can have a "proper" closure with most of the characters which departed. (Season 6's ending is still fantastic. The best, they could do.)

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
I think season 1 and 2 are the best, though season 5 has the best episode overall (the one with the Meow Meow Beans-app).

The show is never bad, season 4 is underrated (though definitely not the best season). Though I will say that especially Britta and Chang get increasingly worse as the show goes on; in particular Chang is just completely Flanderized, it's pretty shocking how bad he is in season 5 and 6.

Oct 29, 2017
Season 2 was my favorite. Pierce has the best episode that season. The Halloween episode was amazing too. For me, the Annie/Troy/Abed dynamic was magic every time they had scenes together.