• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Hunter X Hunter Character?

• Gon!

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • Killua!

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Kurapika!

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Leorio!

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Hisoka!

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • Pitou!

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
What. An. Incredible. Show.

HxH is a show that some of my friends have been begging me to watch months ago. I tried a couple times to get in to HxH but it starts off so boring and dry to me so… I would drop it. But everything changed when one of my friends recommend that I switch to English dub and MAN! The English dub is phenomenal. Shoutout to the amazing English dub team for Hunter X Hunter because that's what initially grabbed me.

The Hunter Exam Arc was... entertaining at times. Gon seemed like a more friendly and somewhat smarter version of Kid Goku. Leorio is a good guy. Kurapika aka the Original Sasuke is incredibly awesome and then there's Killua….

Killua has to be one of the best characters I've ever seen in an anime. He has a top tier design and a top tier personality. He's definitely avatar worthy. His struggle with his identity and his family was amazing. Its incredible to see his growth over the show. I'm actually trying to find a cool avatar of him lol

Hisoka is gross. I mean he has some cool moments like helping Kurapika with the Phantom Troupe and the dodgeball thing but still… he's gross. I know there's alotta people that like him but I ain't one of them.

The Phantom Troupe is where the show really begins to pick up. We start learning stuff about Nen and then we get to Kurapika take the stage. Damn, Kurapika is so cool. I love that guy. He's so driven to avenge his Kurta Clan yet he cares about his friends immensely. The Phantom Troupe has to be one of the most interesting group of "villians" I ever seen in an anime. Chrollo has such a cool design too.

I don't really care about the Greed Island Arc. I mean, Biscuit is awesome. I enjoyed seeing her train Gon and Kilua.

I don't want this OP to drag on forever so lemme hurry things up. The Chimera Ant Arc is phenomenal. Just a 10/10 arc. It's brutal. It's exciting. It's a wild emotional ride. It's a shame Pitou didn't live and join the good side but I had a feeling she was doomed since Gon and Killua wanted her dead for killing Kite lol SUCH A GOOD ARC!!! There's so much I wanna say but I don't wanna keep rambling. Gon's rage moment was so damn cool.

The picking a new chairman for the HxH Association arc was kinda boring but it was worth it to see Killua save his younger sibling and for the reunion of Gon and his dad!!!! Man, seeing Gon talk with his dad almost brought me to tears. What an emotional moment. But what was even more emotional was Gon and Killua saying goodbye to each other. Those two are the best friends I ever seen an a anime.

Overall… yeah…. I gotta agree…. HxH is definitely top 5 anime. Oh and one more thing, all those seasons and the show still used the same OP song? LOL I don't ever wanna hear that that damn song ever again!

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I didn't like Pitou that much on my first watch, but on the second watch she really grew on me.

Kurapika is probably my favorites of the MCs though, he put in a LOT of work during phantom troupe

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Anyone that votes for someone other than Killua is lying.

LOL Killua is awesome but there are other really good characters
I didn't like Pitou that much on my first watch, but on the second watch she really grew on me.

Kurapika is probably my favorites of the MCs though, he put in a LOT of work during phantom troupe
I actually felt really sad for Pitou towards the end of her life and yes! Kurapika is so dang good. He was the hype man for the PT arc

RedRumy3

Oct 27, 2017
Hueco Mundo
Hisoka is probably my favorite, especially later on when he fights chrollo in the manga. I just hope this year the manga will continue because man this hiatus is killing me.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I actually don't know who's my fav character in HxH.
It's really not Gon.
Could be Killua, Kurapika, Pitou, Pufu, Yupi, Meruem, Netero, Ging, or a fairly large number of other characters....

HxH pedia says that the Pitou in Neferpitou would come from a french character for children called pitou.
Never actually heard of anything called pitou in France so it's probably not that well known...which would make Togashi knwing about it rahter weird.
There is a book by Alexandre Dumas called Ange Pitou about a guy with that name during the events of the French Revolution, it's part of a series of book basically called "memories of a doctor". That would seem like a better inspiration for the character than some random unknown french cartoon character.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I freaking love this show.
I almost agree entirely with the OP in terms of arcs and stuff. One of my top 5's despite it being a relatively inconsistent show.

the CA is a masterclass of fiction tbh. I have one somewhat major complaint (Gon's impetus for entering rage mode wasnt developed properly AKA his relationship with Kite). But everything else is so close to perfect and so well written and executed it might as well be a 10/10. I cried more in this arc (the last episode) than Grave of the Fireflies which is saying A LOT.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Karapika is a sasuke-type character done right (and yes i know he predates sasuke)
Sasuke and his arc is really split in Kurakpika and Killua.
The whole shady best friend of the MC is really Killua while most of the arc is really Kurapika.
Individually and together they're so much better made it's insane to think there's a comparison.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The anime that subverts expectations in all the right ways.

If the Mangaka released new chapters at the pace One Piece did then Hunter X Hunter would be far more well known and famous than it is.

The anime is an all time classic as it is though.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The anime that subverts expectations in all the right ways.

If the Mangaka released new chapters at the pace One Piece did then Hunter X Hunter would be far more well known and famous than it is.

The anime is an all time classic as it is though.

Perhaps, all the Togashi needs to balance his illustrations and text. I mean or just make it an illustrated novel...the last arc had so many walls of texts going into detail about one ability or another. I mean the abilities were interesting, but exposition reaching critical levels.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
As much as I like Hunter X Hunter, it's so painfully anticlimactic at times that it really frustrates me. I'm sure there's more examples, but off the top of my head:

Killua vs Pouf? For a minute it seems like some cool shit is about to go down, but then it just doesn't

Chrollo vs the Zoldycks? Chrollo doesn't even fight back, he just runs around and waits for the hit to get called off. Lame.

Gon vs Pitou? Insane amount of build-up for barely any action at all. So underwhelming

You can subvert expectations without skimping on this stuff. Togashi just didn't bother to. The dodgeball game is easily my favorite "fight" in the series because it's one of the very few points in the entire show where the good guys get a big exciting win with no caveats.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Hunter x Hunter is truly fantastic. The 2011 adaptation is my favourite anime series, and the manga is also my absolute favorite. Gon is my favorite character. I really became attached to the little guy over the course of the series.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't know who's my fav character in HxH.
It's really not Gon.
Could be Killua, Kurapika, Pitou, Pufu, Yupi, Meruem, Netero, Ging, or a fairly large number of other characters....

HxH pedia says that the Pitou in Neferpitou would come from a french character for children called pitou.
Never actually heard of anything called pitou in France so it's probably not that well known...which would make Togashi knwing about it rahter weird.
There is a book by Alexandre Dumas called Ange Pitou about a guy with that name during the events of the French Revolution, it's part of a series of book basically called "memories of a doctor". That would seem like a better inspiration for the character than some random unknown french cartoon character.

This link should help
https://dailymeruem.tumblr.com/post/628643028483162113/royal-guard-nomenclature/amp

The Royal guard names are combinations of Egyptian Gods and characters from a series of French children's books.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This link should help
https://dailymeruem.tumblr.com/post/628643028483162113/royal-guard-nomenclature/amp

The Royal guard names are combinations of Egyptian Gods and characters from a series of French children's books.
Holy shit is that book old!
No wonder I never made the connection.

2b993c8170007a57070c9796f089d5d0e127097e.jpg

Yeah that's pretty freaking old.
The character between Pouf and Kid is lowkey a slur now, that's the 50s for you.

And the company responsible for the tv adaptation 'millimages' has done a lot of stuffs like ....a lot a lot.
And they definitely have range because they have the most childish stuffs around next to others like Lascars
LASCARS_Keyvisual11_copyright-768x432.jpg

Last edited:

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
Only one of those enacted justice in the form of a long distance punch.

Also Nen has to be one the best power systems.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that disappointed me is how little Kurapika and Leorio are actually in the series outside the first few arcs.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Kurapika, went in not liking him at all but he really grew on me.

Also for other non-standard opinions from me, Greed Island >>>>>>> Ant Arc. Screw them ants.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I adore this show, it nails this sense of adventure and craziness but the stakes are much more compelling than other shows like it. Undoubtably my favorite shounen. Watching through all of it with my boyfriend is the most nastolgic I think I'll ever find one of my many anime binges.

For as long as it is, by the end of the Chimera Ant Arc I remember just thinking how impressive of a story arc it was for the incredible character development, insane plot shifts, and excellent fights it contained.

PixelsByNight

Apr 22, 2019
USA
Never forget Yorknew City.

Also, Killua best HxH character. So much character development from beginning to end, and he's fashionable!

ERFeQvFWoAIQhEC.jpg

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I watched the 2011 anime for the first time over the past few months. Incredible shonen series.
I had read the manga over 10 years ago and forgotten so many details it felt like new again, and I finally got to see the Chimera Arc through its conclusion. I had a great time, Killua is a BFF

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Never forget Yorknew City.

Also, Killua best HxH character. So much character development from beginning to end, and he's fashionable!

ERFeQvFWoAIQhEC.jpg
i wonder what it feels like to be the only person you know who regularly changes clothes.

This is missing some of his outfits too- like the ABCCBA jacket.

What was UP with that wierd backpack in the 2nd one there though, that was such a weird thing