• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching this today. I felt it was one of the most perfect little movies I've ever seen. It had a impeccable sense of humor-every joke landed. It looked flat out gorgeous, of course, with the New Zealand scenery. It had two incredible lead actors-just an absolute pleasure to go on this journey with them.
And above all it was just a tremendously sweet and moving story-even if it was-intentionally-slightly silly.

Taika is a phenomenal director. He is able to perfectly nail the tone of a movie in every outing.
MV5BYTg5NDk0MDYtMDIwOS00MjNhLWFiMmUtODYyNzc0NzVhNWU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
Rick. E. Bake. Ah.

Can't hear any variation of the name Rick or Baker without thinking of this movie. Also, the Taika cameo is phenomenal.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
the whole tupac part is amazing
also, i was the asshole who pointed out hte lord of the rings thing moments before it became the joke
only soft spot was child services lady

jiggyfresh

Oct 27, 2017
You don't choose the skux life. The skux life chooses you.

One of my favorite movies and wholeheartedly recommended. Streaming on Hulu in the US (or is it Disney+ afterdark now) for those who want to see it.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
the whole tupac part is amazing
also, i was the asshole who pointed out hte lord of the rings thing moments before it became the joke
only soft spot was child services lady

Yeah I was thinking at that moment "oh this is like Lord of the Rings-and it's in New Zealand!" And then Ricky says it.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I didn't care for it outside of the funeral scene and the crazy guy at the end; he's hilarious in everything he's in. Those scenes are legendary though.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched this film based on this thread and it's great. Thanks for the recommendation!