• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a third installment of the franchise?

• GIMME THREE

Votes: 101 51.5%
  • 2 bombed, they should leave it as it is.

Votes: 83 42.3%
  • Spin-Off with Raven

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I love the games and the characters and everything is just so vozy and that Soundtrack hnnng.
But yeah as others have said, it very much felt like they knew they won't have the chance to do another entry so they put that whole post credit segment in tehir which felt very much like what would have been the plot of a Gravity Rush 3 just really condensed.
They just really wanted to answer their fans questions while they still could and I love that.

I also love that the artist is keeping the series alive on twitter by taking fan requests what to draw at the moment.
Some really nice art of the characters is coming from that.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I wish, but it's not happening. I'm just glad that we got GR2 and a satisfying conclusion for Kat's story.
These are flawed but truly special games, it's a shame they didn't get the success they deserved.

I love the games and the characters and everything is just so vozy and that Soundtrack hnnng.
But yeah as others have said, it very much felt like they knew they won't have the chance to do another entry so they put that whole post credit segment in tehir which felt very much like what would have been the plot of a Gravity Rush 3 just really condensed.
They just really wanted to answer their fans questions while they still could and I love that.

I also love that the artist is keeping the series alive on twitter by taking fan requests what to draw at the moment.
Some really nice art of the characters is coming from that.

Can you give me a link?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I love Gravity Rush, but I also love Siren so if they're going back to Siren, I'm okay with that. Alternatively, Keiichiro Toyama is an amazing creator so if he wants to make a new IP, I'm for that as well.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I've seen a lot of bad takes but GR1 looks better than GR2 takes the cake.

GR2 is one of my favorite games from this generation. Loved everything about it, even if some parts dragged for a bit, the charm was enough to not make it annoying. Glad I got to experience the online portion before they shut it down.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I really did not like GR2

The new world was super cool but the missions and quests were so bad

And don't even get me started on the stealth stuff

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I wish, but it's not happening. I'm just glad that we got GR2 and a satisfying conclusion for Kat's story.
These are flawed but truly special games, it's a shame they didn't get the success they deserved.

Can you give me a link?

I love Gravity Rush, but I also love Siren so if they're going back to Siren, I'm okay with that. Alternatively, Keiichiro Toyama is an amazing creator so if he wants to make a new IP, I'm for that as well.
Right after Gravity Rush 2 he said he was doing another action adventure game that wasn't Gravity Rush, but about a year later it sounded like that project may have been cancelled or otherwise ran into serious issues, so Iunno.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Most waited till it was pennies until purchasing. We won't be getting a 3rd one even if they wanted to make one

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Let's just hope by the time I play 2, it's not free on ps plus haha! Stuff like that always happens to me

I get games on sale and then don't touch them after booting it up one time.

Oct 28, 2017
Gravity Rush 1 was amazing. Gravity Rush 2 was trash. I couldn't believe how boring it was. And it was trash I was glad bombed because it deserved to bomb after the stunt they pulled changing the platform from Vita to PS4.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush Remastered was incredible fun, short and sweet... even got the Platinum.

Gravity Rush 2 was extremely pretty, had better gameplay but the side-content structure was boring and now that the online portion is off you get a error message everytime you complete a mission... bye

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Gravity Rush 2 is an absolute masterpiece of a game. It gets so much right and very little wrong. Probably one of the best sequels in recent memory in the way it emboldens what made the first game enjoyable while expanding those parts into something greater.

it's a shame we'll never get a 3rd game but the ending of 2 was fantastic.

Gravity Rush 1 was amazing. Gravity Rush 2 was trash. I couldn't believe how boring it was. And it was trash I was glad bombed because it deserved to bomb after the stunt they pulled changing the platform from Vita to PS4.

Haha yeah dude! Love when games bomb!

lmao what kind of childish shit is this?

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I don't think we really need a third game, two was really good and we are lucky to have gotten it.

P much how I feel. The fact that the third act covers a LOT of ground in so little time lends credence to the theory that they has a third game planned but knew it probably wasn't gonna be greenlit. So they decided to conclude Kat's story.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so, but I also hope they add something new to the formula.
My favourite still is the first one played on Vita...

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I need definitive confirmation that Kat and Raven are now "live-in gal pals™" but I know I won't get it :(

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games of the gen. Sadly there's no way we are getting 3.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
It won't happen, but I'd absolutely love if they got a shot at a third. I enjoyed the first as a kind of proof of concept and the second game's movement and overall atmosphere and aesthetic was simply sublime, but they still haven't yet made the actual "game" part of it fun to me. I still occasionally boot up 2 just to fly around and explore for a few minutes, but I can't deal with the combat and mission design for more than a few minutes before tapping out.

But if they had an opportunity to make one more, and they could recapture 2's magic while figuring out gameplay that clicks for me... that would be amazing. (It really kills me that I don't enjoy 2 more.)

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I still have no idea why the second game ignored plot stuff from 1 until they decided to cram in a gamesworth of story development at the end.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Did this game sell like a gallillion copies and imitates cinema?

You've got that answer.
You don't have to imitate cinema to get a sequel or gain more than a small audience. There are games even more stylized than Gravity Rush that resonated more with people.
maxresdefault.jpg

ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-cover.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I still have no idea why the second game ignored plot stuff from 1 until they decided to cram in a gamesworth of story development at the end.

I think it was because they didn't want people who didn't play the first game to be too confused. Also probably why the early pacing is slow. If you play the games back to back then going from the climatic finale of GR to the slow burn of GR2 especially having lots of your speed and upgrades taken away feels really rough.

OP
OP
Bomi-Chan

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
there is also one particular thing which sort of offended me.
racismklker.jpg

there is a mission on this aristocratic island, where one white dude commands a black dude around(his servant/slave)
after the jira para lhao took over, he still wants him and tries to bribe him to be his friend for money.

what do you think about this one?

oh and one more thing:
until chapter 20 i never used "right" to open the map.
when i realized that, i sort of hated myself.

i also have some panty-shots of KAT.