• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
270 hours of playtime.

I've only finished 3 out of the 4 routes (Blue Lions -> Golden Deer -> Black Eagles(Secret Route) ) but honestly I'm good. I got my money's worth.

Now that I'm currently in the "what do I do with my life now" phase after finishing a long rpg, I thought I should just ramble my thoughts about the game.

This is probably going to be my most memorable FE game or any SRPG for that matter. Maybe it's due to how self-inserty Byleth is compared to other avatar, but I really got invested in both characters and story.

I thought the instructing mechanic was going to be overwhelming, but knowing their stats, weakness, strength and budding talent greatly helped to know where to focus on each student. Exploring the monastery has been such a fun time-waster, with farming stat-boosts, cooking for more stat-boosts and hoarding lost items to raise their motivations at opportune times.

As for the battle mechanics, I NEED divine pulse and knowing where enemies will attack in future FE games. Call me a filthy casual, I don't care. My time with this game has been much more enjoyable knowing I don't have to reset every time I make a mistake. Best QoL improvement IMO. Combat Arts are also a very nice addition.

My Blue Lions Experience.

- Dimitri is, and will forever be my bro. He is my favorite out of the 3 main house leaders (Claude being second).

- I love all my students at Blue Lions.

-Dedue must be protected.

-Ingrid having back pain due to carrying the entire team.

-Recruit Catherine.

-Take the Thunderbrand away from Catherine.

-Bench Catherine for the rest of the game.

- I am so glad I chose Blue Lions first because the reveal of who the Flame Emperor was had so much weight compared to the other routes. They even dedicated a cinematic scene for it. So good.

-MERCEDES NOOOOO WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU???

My Golden Deer Experience (Personally the most definitive route from the 3 routes I played.)

-This is the detective Conan route.

-Claude wants answers.

-And he wants them NOW.

-I love all my Golden Deer students

-Except for Ignatz

-I feed my Raphael strength boost every month so that he can become powerful.

-Jeralt times Jeralt to the power of Jeralt

-Lysithea's Draw Back is lifesaving.

-Recruit Thunderbrand

-Made the fatal mistake of not recruiting Ingrid before three-way battle. Watched as she single handedly decimated the entire black eagle army.

-Recruited Ingrid.

-Headband Claude > Normal Claude.

-Learning from Hilda that Dimitri died like a dog in this route devastated me

-Made the fatal mistake of not recruiting Petra, watched as she dodged all my attacks and magic.

-DEDUE NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

The Black Eagle Strike Force Experience.

-I love all my Bla-

- I AM FERDINAND VON AEGIR

-Bernie is the best archer (sorry ashe)

-WOW you have the Crest of Flames too?? I wonder if knowing that is going to be important in the future.

-Nope. (yea she gets the crest ability but that's it.)

-Recruited and hoarded as many students and teachers possible.

-Lady Rhea is pissed.

-Petra it has been five years how do you still speak like this.

-"You chose the wrong route" says everyone.

-"You chose the wrong route" says Edelgard??? Girl what the heck.

So yeah that's it. I'm now all in for all future FE installments. I might return and maybe do the church route one day, but for now I'm pretty satisfied for what I've got. Three Houses has been a fantastic game.

I'm interested to see what other people's experience with Three Houses was, favorite supports and characters and hopes and expectations for the sequel.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As someone who's currently playing the church route after doing the other 3, you're not missing much. It feels very similar to the Golden Deer one, except replace Claude by Seteth. And Seteth is nowhere near as interesting as Claude.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I got Seteth to marry Bernadetta in my last playthrough, which was pretty funny to me. I really liked how you sometimes get to see these more surprising sides of these characters, although some endings can also be a bit bland. Having played through every route, Cindered Shadows, and once through maddening, I definitely got my money's worth, too. I do wish there were a difficulty between hard and maddening since maddening is grindy as fuck (which I guess is kind of what Cindered Shadows felt like on hard mode). I'm kind of amazed that I'm actually looking forward to playing it at least once more on maddening again (probably Golden Deer, which I thought had the most interesting final boss fight).

Blue Lions had the most interesting character development.

I wish all routes had more anime cut scenes (or at least animated -- strange how there are only a few "in-engine" cut scenes towards the beginning of the game, or whatever the term is, largely never to be seen again). Crimson Flower felt particularly lacking.

Last edited:

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved Three Houses. It was my first experience with the Fire Emblem series and it was delightful. I'm interested in checking out the other modern FE games, but I'm nervous that I'll end up missing a lot of Three Houses QoL stuff in doing so.

Like you, I started with the Blue Lions and I'm really glad I did. BL are definitely my favorite house and Dimitri's character arc was excellent, but the GD and BE have some great characters, too. Even the characters I initially loathed (like Lorenz and Ferdinand) eventually grew on me in Part 2.

One of the things for which I was most grateful was the relative painlessness of the recruitment process. It never felt like I was jumping through hoops on any playthrough. I still remember poaching every available character the first time around and feeling a little bad taking away all of Claude's friends haha; even Edelgard still had Hubert, as much as that was a match made in hell.

I have yet to play Cindered Shadows, but I figure I'll let it sit for the time being and give it a go later this year.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I only played Fates Birthright before but I ended up walking away from 3H's having adored it and completely excited for the next game in the franchise as this was my game of Gen.

Granted I only played Church and Crimson but that was good enough for me as I loved the Church Cast so much I didn't mind it at all.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You got it right form the very beginning. Blue Lions are the best. Cheers.

Some questions:

Did you get the DLC?
Who did you marry in each run?
Did you play on maddening?

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
I think this is the best timeline:

Set Dimitri up with with Flayn
Marry Seteth
Boom, you are Dimitri's new Mother (In Law)

OP
OP
Ex-Psych

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You got it right form the very beginning. Blue Lions are the best. Cheers.

Some questions:

Did you get the DLC?
Who did you marry in each run?
Did you play on maddening?

1. No I haven't gotten the DLC. Is it worth it? I thought it was going to be a full 5th route but that doesnt seem to be the case

2. Blue Lion Route: Shamir. Best decision ever.

Golden Deer: Leonie. If I was Female Byleth it would have been Claude 100%

BESF: Edelgard.

3. No I played on Hard. I'm pretty sure I would either start sweating or crying if I played maddening.

On the defence straightaway.
Probably means Edelgard did something wrong
ENMHl9E.jpg

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Wish I'd known before I started "you have x months to get everyone you want" I wasted so much time it feels like. I still haven't returned to it after that. Fuck that game. I wasn't done goddamn it! Yea I'm still mad.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Wish I'd known before I started "you have x months to get everyone you want" I wasted so much time it feels like. I still haven't returned to it after that. Fuck that game. I wasn't done goddamn it! Yea I'm still mad.

IMO it plays best when you stick mainly to your house. Don't sweat it.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. No I haven't gotten the DLC. Is it worth it? I thought it was going to be a full 5th route but that doesnt seem to be the case

2. Blue Lion Route: Shamir. Best decision ever.

Golden Deer: Leonie. If I was Female Byleth it would have been Claude 100%

BESF: Edelgard.

3. No I played on Hard. I'm pretty sure I would either start sweating or crying if I played maddening.

1.- You get separate mission for some new characters that may integrate to your normal runs. Mission quality is subjectivie but I enjoyed them.
You also get tons of costumes and some other stuff.

2.- Good marriage choices tbh.

3.- Heard its easier if you start on NG+. But only try in case the game was "too easy" for you on hard.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Just finished 70 hours with Golden Deer House as female Byleth..putting my thoughts here rather than duplicating a thread:

1. Loved the characters and their development. Voice acting is good! Didnt realise until late on that unless i played the support conversations support levels would not advance duh! Would have appreciated a loading screen explanation early on so as not to miss out on building relationships. This also meant most of my companions hardly chatted with eachother during battles : (.

2. Battle system is good and satisfying. Still enjoyed the animations after 70 hours. Speeding these up was also satisfying. Not sure if i like battalions or not...they have some cool effects but you dont need to use them for the most part. The dropped weapons are usually not worth picking up but the experience points are a nice touch.

3. Exploration is enjoyable and fast travel helps make it so. I didnt bother chatting with many students from other houses which i will do more of next time around. Fishing and gardening were ok but i completely forgot about the advice box and i struggled to get enough renown to complete statue bonuses.

4. Loved the ending and how it tells the story of each character and how your preferred coupling pans out. I went full 21st Century and joined Dorothea (beauty within and without) with female Byleth...it just works.

5. Monastery feels empty in the second part...was this deliberate so you spend more time in Seminars? If so i didnt take the hint.

6. Normal difficulty was too easy....i walked all but the last two battles and only used the divine pulse occassionally when i got too cavalier.

7. The music and settings are good but too repetitive. Would have preferred each battle have a unique setting (except where it is in exactly the same location). The fog shows up at the beginning and then disappears...apt i guess?

My 1/2 line views on characters:

Claude- coquetish free spirit who treats everyone as equals and best friend. Seems to level up for fun throughout the adventure. I suspect marrying him would be a satisfying ending as well..

Lorenz - a stuck up narcissist with deep insecurities. Grudgingly liked him because of what he does with a Lance and magic and how tender he is with Marianne.

Marianne- pretty but poor conflicted soul yet an excellent healer and brilliant magic resistance. Particularly satisfying when she performs a critical with offensive magic.

Hilda- the rebel fashionista whose attitude elicits admiration and admonishment ....knows how to wield an axe and fly though and kicks ass doing so..so we're good.

Leonie- the anti Hilda...diligent to a fault and a little damaged but her critical hits and evasion make her a firm favourite.

Raphael- a loveable lug with awesome strength and defense. Is quite vulnerable to magic early on but with some training can hold his own against all comers to become one of the most powerful characters.

Ignatz- shy and retiring but a decent all arounder but usually used him as a backup as he is a bit weak. Cant understand how he can be an A+ swordsman yet suck at sword tournaments.

Lysethea- has an attitude problem but she is an awesome magician so we forgive her.

Dorothea- so beautiful sweet and humble....and her magic packs a punch...cant find a fault except that a bit of me dies when she dies and divine pulse is needed to bring her back.

Manuela- not my type of person, very insecure and flashy...kinda regret recruiting her...thought there was more beneath the surface but anyway her cooking and stats bonuses were appreciated.

Flayn - the vanilla character...sweet and not too interesting. Her Fortify spell is the highlight but she is always lagging behind the rest and super easy to kill so on balance not sure if she hinders more than helps.

Seteth- a messed up stuck up good for nothing. His arse is so tightly wound you could sharpen a pencil if you stuck one in it and his frown is so deep and permanent you could hang your coat on it....its a pity you can't. His "oh now I think youre really important to me " is convincingly delivered but i didnt fall for it... too little too late. Who pretends their daughter isn't their daughter? Weird and creepy mofo.

Lady Catherine - amazing swordswoman...strong and confident. Love her.

Lady Rhea- a slightly sketchy character but likeable. But hard to really get to know her.

Byleth- apart from not speaking suffers from samegesturitis....holds out her hand in exactly the same way to make a point, reply to a question and show you something EVERY SINGLE TIME. Its a bit off putting. The female version goes really well with the female godess theme. Kicks ass but less so than Claude.

Finally some questions i would love to get advice on if i am to do one more playthrough:

1. Red or blue?
2. New game or New game +?
3. If i automate all of the lessons will I feel less attached to my characters?
4. Is male Byleth worth a go?
5. How do you max out your renown? .did plenty of battles and all quests but didnt bother finding lost items for people nor the agony aunt box.
6. Are online travellers worth interacting with?
7. Is the DLC worth getting after two playthroughs?

penny for yer thoughts....

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Just finished 70 hours with Golden Deer House as female Byleth..putting my thoughts here rather than duplicating a thread:

1. Loved the characters and their development. Voice acting is good! Didnt realise until late on that unless i played the support conversations support levels would not advance duh! Would have appreciated a loading screen explanation early on so as not to miss out on building relationships. This also meant most of my companions hardly chatted with eachother during battles : (.

2. Battle system is good and satisfying. Still enjoyed the animations after 70 hours. Speeding these up was also satisfying. Not sure if i like battalions or not...they have some cool effects but you dont need to use them for the most part. The dropped weapons are usually not worth picking up but the experience points are a nice touch.

3. Exploration is enjoyable and fast travel helps make it so. I didnt bother chatting with many students from other houses which i will do more of next time around. Fishing and gardening were ok but i completely forgot about the advice box and i struggled to get enough renown to complete statue bonuses.

4. Loved the ending and how it tells the story of each character and how your preferred coupling pans out. I went full 21st Century and joined Dorothea (beauty within and without) with female Byleth...it just works.

5. Monastery feels empty in the second part...was this deliberate so you spend more time in Seminars? If so i didnt take the hint.

6. Normal difficulty was too easy....i walked all but the last two battles and only used the divine pulse occassionally when i got too cavalier.

7. The music and settings are good but too repetitive. Would have preferred each battle have a unique setting (except where it is in exactly the same location). The fog shows up at the beginning and then disappears...apt i guess?

My 1/2 line views on characters:

Claude- coquetish free spirit who treats everyone as equals and best friend. Seems to level up for fun throughout the adventure. I suspect marrying him would be a satisfying ending as well..

Lorenz - a stuck up narcissist with deep insecurities. Grudgingly liked him because of what he does with a Lance and magic and how tender he is with Marianne.

Marianne- pretty but poor conflicted soul yet an excellent healer and brilliant magic resistance. Particularly satisfying when she performs a critical with offensive magic.

Hilda- the rebel fashionista whose attitude elicits admiration and admonishment ....knows how to wield an axe and fly though and kicks ass doing so..so we're good.

Leonie- the anti Hilda...diligent to a fault and a little damaged but her critical hits and evasion make her a firm favourite.

Raphael- a loveable lug with awesome strength and defense. Is quite vulnerable to magic early on but with some training can hold his own against all comers to become one of the most powerful characters.

Ignatz- shy and retiring but a decent all arounder but usually used him as a backup as he is a bit weak. Cant understand how he can be an A+ swordsman yet suck at sword tournaments.

Lysethea- has an attitude problem but she is an awesome magician so we forgive her.

Dorothea- so beautiful sweet and humble....and her magic packs a punch...cant find a fault except that a bit of me dies when she dies and divine pulse is needed to bring her back.

Manuela- not my type of person, very insecure and flashy...kinda regret recruiting her...thought there was more beneath the surface but anyway her cooking and stats bonuses were appreciated.

Flayn - the vanilla character...sweet and not too interesting. Her Fortify spell is the highlight but she is always lagging behind the rest and super easy to kill so on balance not sure if she hinders more than helps.

Seteth- a messed up stuck up good for nothing. His arse is so tightly wound you could sharpen a pencil if you stuck one in it and his frown is so deep and permanent you could hang your coat on it....its a pity you can't. His "oh now I think youre really important to me " is convincingly delivered but i didnt fall for it... too little too late. Who pretends their daughter isn't their daughter? Weird and creepy mofo.

Lady Catherine - amazing swordswoman...strong and confident. Love her.

Lady Rhea- a slightly sketchy character but likeable. But hard to really get to know her.

Byleth- apart from not speaking suffers from samegesturitis....holds out her hand in exactly the same way to make a point, reply to a question and show you something EVERY SINGLE TIME. Its a bit off putting. The female version goes really well with the female godess theme. Kicks ass but less so than Claude.

Finally some questions i would love to get advice on if i am to do one more playthrough:

1. Red or blue?
2. New game or New game +?
3. If i automate all of the lessons will I feel less attached to my characters?
4. Is male Byleth worth a go?
5. How do you max out your renown? .did plenty of battles and all quests but didnt bother finding lost items for people nor the agony aunt box.
6. Are online travellers worth interacting with?
7. Is the DLC worth getting after two playthroughs?

penny for yer thoughts....

2. New game plus makes things even easier, but it is your choice to abuse it. I did choose it - not having to grind too hard for things you achieved in the last run helps a lot.
3. Not necessarily, but automated lessions are less effective. I always taught myself - you can just hold the button to speed through.
4. Only if you want to marry someone who is not in for female Byleth. I played him once but didn't like it.
5. Won't be a problem in NG+
6. Mainly to buy stuff for cheap.
7. For me? Yes. The side story is short but fun, the battles are harder than then normal campaign (still, play at least on hard), you can recruit the four chars in the main campaign, and the characters are awesome. Constance and Hapi are 100% needed for me now.

Hint: Play with japanese voices if you want to experience the brilliance of Constance's laugh and hear how "I'm Ferdinand von Aegir" is supposed to sound.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
I loved this game, but things I would have improved

- Have some kind of super route where you can get all of the houses to work together
- Group supports: rather than everyone hanging out 1v1, it'd be nice to see a group dynamic
- Failing the above, just more scenarios in which the house characters engage as a group
- Recruitment was, imo, very immersion breaking; perhaps limit recruitment to one character (seriously pissing off the rival house, triggering a side quest)
- The battalions were AMAZING and I would gone into further depth with them (formations, for example).
- I think the houses were not prominent enough in each story: for example, Claude kinda disappears in the BL route; vice versa for GD.
- More drama

Overall, one of the best games I've ever played. I adored it. Blue Lions for life.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Blue Lions is best. I want to replay one of the other houses at some point but I am not a machine like some of you who beat a JRPG every week.

Also, declaring Lysithea as my waifu only to find out she's 16 was a bad time and I feel bad.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Blue Lions is best. I want to replay one of the other houses at some point but I am not a machine like some of you who beat a JRPG every week.

Also, declaring Lysithea as my waifu only to find out she's 16 was a bad time and I feel bad.
Am going through Blue Lions now and the characters are much less compelling than golden deer. I am struggling to remember their names as I write they are so boring. Dmitri is badly damaged with real darkness but is a loyal upright bloke, Dedue is uptight but a sweetheart, Ingrid is a non entity, Felix is an arsehole, Ashe is a nice bloke but has the presence of Casper the friendly ghost, Annete is a one trick "oh look I'm clumsy" pony, Mercedes' voice sounds completely fake and made up and is annoying as hell, Sylvain and Dedue are the only ones with any real depth to them. Granted I'm still less than half way through but I miss the Golden Deer guys so much!

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Three Houses is interesting as it's probably one of very few games where I can see quite a bit of room for improvement, but the underlying ideas and the execution of the core components (at least writing-wise) was good to the point where what we got was still remarkable (I'd say that it's probably the best character writing Nintendo's ever had). In short, it's a game in my top 15 that could have been my favourite game of all time with a bigger budget and extra polish.
Am going through Blue Lions now and the characters are much less compelling than golden deer. I am struggling to remember their names as I write they are so boring. Dmitri is badly damaged with real darkness but is a loyal upright bloke, Dedue is uptight but a sweetheart, Ingrid is a non entity, Felix is an arsehole, Ashe is a nice bloke but has the presence of Casper the friendly ghost, Annete is a one trick "oh look I'm clumsy" pony, Mercedes' voice sounds completely fake and made up and is annoying as hell, Sylvain and Dedue are the only ones with any real depth to them. Granted I'm still less than half way through but I miss the Golden Deer guys so much!
No. Just no.

Edit: Here's the character ratings (in terms of writing, ordered within tiers, and after seeing all the supports):

10/10: Dimitri, Dorothea, Edelgard, Marianne, Sylvain

9/10: Annette, Lysithea, Seteth, Felix, Gilbert, Yuri, Ashe, Ferdinand

8/10: Catherine, Balthus, Mercedes, Shamir, Hilda, Linhardt, Hanneman, Manuela, Lorenz, Hapi

7/10: Flayn, Hubert, Ingrid, Claude, Alois

6/10: Dedue, Petra, Leonie, Jeritza

5/10: Caspar, Ignatz, Raphael, Byleth, Constance, Cyril

3/10: Bernadetta

For reference, Melia from Xenoblade 1 is a 10/10, Riki is a 7/10, and Seven is a 5/10.

Last edited:

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this game, but things I would have improved

- Have some kind of super route where you can get all of the houses to work together
- Group supports: rather than everyone hanging out 1v1, it'd be nice to see a group dynamic
- Failing the above, just more scenarios in which the house characters engage as a group
- Recruitment was, imo, very immersion breaking; perhaps limit recruitment to one character (seriously pissing off the rival house, triggering a side quest)
- The battalions were AMAZING and I would gone into further depth with them (formations, for example).
- I think the houses were not prominent enough in each story: for example, Claude kinda disappears in the BL route; vice versa for GD.
- More drama

Overall, one of the best games I've ever played. I adored it. Blue Lions for life.
I disagree on the idea of the super route, one of the things that helped push the narrative is that there is no golden route. Edelgard somehow working with the church, and Faerghus, for example, doesn't really make sense and it feels like it'd take away from her character and her struggles, and Dimitri is so traumatized that I don't see him ever being able to work with Edelgard considering the existence of the Agarthans or her willingness for war (he outrights asks what the hell to her and Byleth in Crimson Flower). Claude was criminally underused outside GD, but even he says to Edelgard that he couldn't accept her path due to all the bloodshed.

I do agree we needed more inter house scenarios, more stuff like post battle of the eagle and lion.

To the OP, if you can give Shadows of Valentia a try since it has something similar to Divine Pulse (Mila's Turnwheel) and also casual mode. Three Houses is my fav game in the series since the Radiant duology, and I hope IS keeps whoever was the writer on the payroll - while the series has never been know for exactly amazing storytelling, the last entries were failing hard on this point.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Without spoiling, there's a lot of depth to the cast. Off the top of my head, Felix, Dedue, Mercedes and Dimitri all have big choices to make at some point.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Overly ambitious to a fault.
Multiple playthroughs are required to get the full story and yet it has nowhere near enough content to sustain those multiple playthroughs.
Re-use of maps, missions, the monastery, music, animations... just made things an absolute chore by the third playthrough after I completely loved the first.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
Three Houses is interesting as it's probably one of very few games where I can see quite a bit of room for improvement, but the underlying ideas and the execution of the core components (at least writing-wise) was good to the point where what we got was still remarkable (I'd say that it's probably the best character writing Nintendo's ever had). In short, it's a game in my top 15 that could have been my favourite game of all time with a bigger budget and extra polish.

No. Just no.

Edit: Here's the character ratings (in terms of writing, ordered within tiers, and after seeing all the supports):

10/10: Dimitri, Dorothea, Edelgard, Marianne, Sylvain

9/10: Annette, Lysithea, Seteth, Felix, Gilbert, Yuri, Ashe, Ferdinand

8/10: Catherine, Balthus, Mercedes, Shamir, Hilda, Linhardt, Hanneman, Manuela, Lorenz, Hapi

7/10: Flayn, Hubert, Ingrid, Claude, Alois

6/10: Dedue, Petra, Leonie, Jeritza

5/10: Caspar, Ignatz, Raphael, Byleth, Constance, Cyril

3/10: Bernadetta

For reference, Melia from Xenoblade 1 is a 10/10, Riki is a 7/10, and Seven is a 5/10.
Will come back to you on your rankings once I've finished Blue Lions...but putting Raphael well below Mercedes seems like a crime against humanity and all that is good in the World...something amazing would have to happen to get me to agree with you....let's wait and see..

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I still didnt complete Golden Deer and Blue Lions because I burnt myself out playing both Black Eagles routes.
I even kept a save file right before the Black Eagles split, so I didn't have to play through the entire game. But I still felt burnt out by the repeated content.

I think recruiting everyone I could was a mistake on my part. I should have kept some content for the other playthroughs.
There's something about the game that makes everything feel slower for some reason. The 3DS games felt snappier. I played Awakening 3 times before I was done and I quickly completed all 3 Fates routes.

I did like the game though. I wanna come back to it and do the expansion too.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I still didnt complete Golden Deer and Blue Lions because I burnt myself out playing both Black Eagles routes.
I even kept a save file right before the Black Eagles split, so I didn't have to play through the entire game. But I still felt burnt out by the repeated content.

I think recruiting everyone I could was a mistake on my part. I should have kept some content for the other playthroughs.
There's something about the game that makes everything feel slower for some reason. The 3DS games felt snappier. I played Awakening 3 times before I was done and I quickly completed all 3 Fates routes.

I did like the game though. I wanna come back to it and do the expansion too.
Recruiting everyone kinds of beats the purpose of the different houses, though, plus it turns keeping their skills up a chog.