• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'm part of the problem since if I didn't stumble across it via a couple random recommendations, I'd have never seen it, but seriously, Brendan fucking Fraser back in his element(I hadn't realized he had even come back)! Timothy Dalton! A DC cinematic story done well. R rated too boot(But not done in a way that tries to scream: look at me, I'm an R rated superhero story!!). HBO quality cinematography. Maybe it falls off a cliff and I'll just be laughed at, but I'm 4 episodes in and this is the best put together TV superhero show I've seen besides The Boys.

And don't get me wrong, I don't think this is some Emmy level show or anything so far, but it does feel like how I wish the tone and style of the DC universe had been established. It has the right mix IMO of humor, seriousness, fantasy, sci-fi, and a cinematographic tone that differentiates itself enough from Marvel to be it's own thing. I seriously am blown away with how much I'm enjoying this far lol...When I came in with expectations of it just being something to watch so I could tell some people I gave it a shot.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Season 1 only gets better and fucking better. I haven't quite gotten around to season 2 yet

Oct 25, 2017
The DP love here is spread out, but it is there.

Very helpful when answering the many questions I had. I've not yet got to Season 2 yet.

At that point in the season I think they are still introducing the main cast one by one as first seasons are want to do right?

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
It's a superb show. I watched it last month in a few sessions, it was so worth it. What a heart of gold.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Great show. COVID hitting kind of made season 2 a little wonky but it's still very good. Hopefully it'll get some eyes on it now that it is on HBO Max.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Season 1 only gets better and fucking better. I haven't quite gotten around to season 2 yet

I came out of the other end of Season 1 feeling it didn't do the best job of establishing the show's identity, but Season 2 fully embraces the series' unique brand of whackiness and might just be the most fun I've ever had with a show.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's really good. I still need to get around to S2. I like that the characters are quite different from the usual superhero stuff. In tone, it feels closer to Deadpool than usual Marvel or CW stuff.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
The first season was the best new show of 2019. Season 2 is also fantastic. Just one of my favorite shows right now.