• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I pulled the trigger on Division 2 on PC because of the $3 sale. I've played thousands of hours of Destiny 2, also another loot grind pseudo MMO type game, so I'm no stranger to the genre.
Im about an hour in, about to do the first real mission when you go and save some persons daughter. I can't help but feel like the game world is pretty detailed, but its just so....empty and devoid of enemies. I walked around a couple city blocks, finding tons of lootable backpacks and containers for crafting supplies and audio logs, but only encountered a handful of enemies.
The shooting also seems to fall flat. Coming from Destiny 2, where the audio pops, the guns feel great, enemies are just fun to shoot. Here? It just feels boring.

I dont know...i know im VERY early in the game. But does it get better? Am i crazy?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
You are absolutely crazy.

The gunplay is what keeps me coming back.

The world is anything but empty. Can't go ten feet without there being something going on whether it's civilians being executed, control points, factions fighting each other, etc. And then once the world is "invaded" more shit comes in.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
You should be finding hostiles pretty regularly while patrolling the streets. Sure they won't be everywhere but should be enough to keep you engaged when you want.

It's a very solid game, keep playing and enjoy it. Just keep in mind the nature of what the game is about and try to remember that population is gonna be low just based on the nature of the story. When you start doing the main missions, you'll have plenty to deal with.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
It's supposed to be like that, but I agree. For all the crazy detail in the game, it feels pointless in a way when everything is so dead (although you'll find bad guys all over). It's part of the reason I don't usually care for post-apocalyptic type games.

Granted I think the gunplay is more than serviceable.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually find the combat more engaging in this game compared to Destiny considering the variety of enemy types that all act differently according to their role. It's always keeping you on your toes in comparison to Destiny where the mobs are mindless and they're really only a threat in large numbers.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I can't walk 2 feet in-game without running into enemies anytime I'm trying to get to my destination, although I am at endgame.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I never felt the world was empty, but I think what you're reacting to lessens as you get further in the game. The first zone is meant to ease you in a bit, but by the time you're halfway through the campaign I was dodging map events left and right.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The game world is pretty full of enemies, you just aren't at the point yet where all the stuff starts like invasions and control point fights and such.

For me the third person gunplay is one of the highlights of the game, it feels really good IMO

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think there are hostiles around pretty frequently. It would be kind of annoying if you ran in to them more often.

That said, I do feel like the world is pretty empty when we're talking about people. I wish you ran in to more unaffiliated random civilian npcs (either friendly or hostile) while exploring. Would be a lot of opportunity for story telling there. I also wish you could come across other players in free roam Journey style. I realize the way points of interest (public executions, control points, etc) are set up now would make that hard to implement, but it's something I wish they could figure out. Part of the reason Destiny's world feels alive is because there are other Guardians running around doing their own thing that you can help or ignore.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
If anything, I feel like it's a little too dense with stuff to do. ISAC is constantly telling me about civilians in danger, control points in my vicinity, resources to grab, etc. I really wish I could turn him off.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just picked up to. Used to play a ton of Destiny/Halo.

I think the gunplay and shooting is great. You're wrong.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't feel that way. Sure the destroyed cities are a bit empty, but I think there are enough random missions and patrols that make them feel habitated. The settlements are very vivid with a big attention to detail.

The gunplay and coversystem are both top-tier. Snappy and the guns and enemies have good feedback.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I actually kind of agree. Going from Destiny to TD2 it does kind of feel disconnected. Sure, there's little rewards in the form of water bottles and that kind of thing for exploring, and a fight every few blocks, but it's a much slower game. I like the loot system and endgame stuff better than Destiny 2, but the moment to moment gameplay just didn't hook me, and exploring the world felt unrewarding, aside from a few very specific boss spawns you can trigger, or a handful of specific locations to get keys for more loot during missions.

Jsee80

Nov 18, 2017
I got this with free with a Ryzen 2700x or whatever last March. Beautiful game. Seeing all that fucking litter/trash running around at 60fps is awesome.
Played a few chunks over the year. Still level 24ish I think.

Mission music is great.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, alright. I must just be too early in. I will keep giving it a shot.
IMHO it totally depends what you mean by "shooting".

The physical act of aiming and firing a gun is much more satisfying in Destiny 2. It's an FPS and the guns really pop and snap.

The act of engaging enemies, and moving around tactically, is as good or better in Div2. There are 3 main types of enemy and you need to move and plan accordingly. D2 is more about finding a piece of cover and popping in and out, using super and rockets whenever a heavy shows up.

In Div2 you can often pre-plan your fight to some extent, finding different pieces of cover, setting up your skills/bonuses etc.

The loot is better in Destiny in terms of being unique and having more functionality...Div2 has a *little* bit of that with exotics in very late game but not much. Div2's loot is better in that it has random rolls and quite a few slots to roll. This means there is a very long tail chasing "perfect" rolls to spike your damage to crazy levels.

Anyway - those are my thoughts based on 900+ hours of D1/D2 and 100+ hours of Div1 and Div2 (got to end game in Div2 and stopped).

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I found Division 2's world extremely lacking in atmosphere compared to Div1. Yeah, there's enemy groups around, but they feel detached from the world in a way that I'm not sure how to explain. I played the first 3-4 hours before throwing in the towel. Eager to see how Warlords is received, might hold my attention better.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with OP that it's empty.

It's beautiful for sure, but all I run into
is a couple deer, and the token small group of enemies every block.

Edit: Sounds like it's due to me still being in the early parts.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I pulled the trigger on Division 2 on PC because of the $3 sale. I've played thousands of hours of Destiny 2, also another loot grind pseudo MMO type game, so I'm no stranger to the genre.
Im about an hour in, about to do the first real mission when you go and save some persons daughter. I can't help but feel like the game world is pretty detailed, but its just so....empty and devoid of enemies. I walked around a couple city blocks, finding tons of lootable backpacks and containers for crafting supplies and audio logs, but only encountered a handful of enemies.
The shooting also seems to fall flat. Coming from Destiny 2, where the audio pops, the guns feel great, enemies are just fun to shoot. Here? It just feels boring.

I dont know...i know im VERY early in the game. But does it get better? Am i crazy?

i mean, listen to yourself, op. you're admitting you've barely scratched the surface. rather than 'am i crazy?', how about 'given how early on in the game i am, should i even bother to post this?'...

Deleted member 25671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Division 1 was overall a better game, I'm sad that they never did a full expansion to it. Division 2 was still a lot of fun, and I liked the new setting, it's very detailed, but I realized that something about an abandoned giant city just had a more oppressive feeling of dread then the openness of DC.
Gameplay wise... it's just a matter of preference. I have this discussion with my friend often, in the end I prefer the faster paced Destiny gunplay than Division, but they're different. I think they're both equally good, I just prefer the way Destiny feels when I play, it sounds like you're in the same boat as me. Division is also massively better with a squad of 4, it makes a big difference (to me) in how the tactics come together.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do some of y'all just play games only like an hour or two in and just automatically come to the conclusion "Oh my goodness, this must be the entire game." Like you don't stop to think how games are paced to ease a player into its fundamentals via introductions and tutorials when you first start it?

Just think. Use your head. "Does it get better than this?" Like, no shit.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It does feel empty in regards to players in the world, I hope they change it with the next game.

It doesn't normally share the world with other players unless they're in your group. And thank fuck for that.
The last thing I need is running into "xxPssyDestroyer69xx" to shatter any immersion into the game world.
If you absolutely crave that, play Destiny.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Maybe this is just a low-level thing?

I'm level 30 and I'm constantly running into public executions, propaganda broadcasts, civilians scavenging, random firefights, enemies looting stuff, convoys, etc.

It's actually hard to get around sometimes without catching damage.

Do some of y'all just play games only like an hour or two in and just automatically come to the conclusion "Oh my goodness, this must be the entire game." Like you don't stop to think how games are paced to ease a player into its fundamentals via introductions and tutorials.

Just think. "Does it get better than this?" Like, no shit.

I wonder how many players never got to experience the Black Tusk? Pretty bold of Massive to create entirely new enemy types that don't show up during the main 1-30 story.

The invasion cutscene was a great introduction to the post-game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The game does a good job of easing a player into the game - there are a lot of things that end up plentiful in the endgame that are introduced little by little when you start out. From enemy activities to skill slots to specific gear drops and dyes, a lot of them start kicking in more frequently as you hit certain level milestones (I think you start getting a lot of cosmetic drops around level 15, for example).

As well, in the 1-30, when you take over control points, they stay under your control. Without spoiling the game, when you "beat" it, the map gets a bit of a reboot and there's a lot more activity and a lot more push and pull - no area of the map will stay friendly for long. Come March 3rd, especially with being able to control the difficulty of those things on a global scale (and gear drops having a better chance of being good at hard difficulties), it should be a pretty lively, tense and challenging endgame if set to Heroic. Every random battle will feel like a Level 4 control point, or harder. Fun!

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There is a lot going on in this game but it's very mechanical. So for me, even though there are lots of enemies, highly detailed environments and lots of activities it feels extremely empty because nothing carries that much weight. It's window dressing.

All these GAAS games suffer from it. They are just a bunch of mechanics duck-taped together with some graphics and a story as window dressing. Making everything feel empty and weightless. At least I'm enjoying The Division 2 currently a lot more than Destiny.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I tried to play this last night as I picked it up for $3 a few days ago. What a pain in the ass its been. I bought from Epic Game Store because I remember not really liking Uplay. I download the game then try to kick it off from EGS and nothing happens, game doesn't launch but there are no errors or anything. WTF, so i do some googling and apparently you have to launch it from Uplay. Goddamnit, so I download Uplay and now I'm having trouble resetting my password. Whatever, frustrating but after 5 - 10 minutes I get logged in. Now I have to download a 14GB patch. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated. Then I finally get the patch installed and I launch the game. Cool I'm gonna play some Division 2. Not so fast buddy, game goes into windowed mode and I can't get it fullscreen for the life of me. OK, so I should be able to get to a settings menu to mess around right? Wrong, I'm thrown straight into a character creator where the 'randomizer' just seems to change the hair style and skin shade. Also, how tf do I change the gender of the character? This game sucks, I've spent an hour just trying to play it and i can't even make a character to get to some sort of settings menu. I google about the fullscreen/windowed mode issue and it seems like i'm not the only one with this problem but suggestions are to fix it by editing a .cfg file. Fuck this, its after midnight and I get up at 6:30 so I just am pissed I wasted the last of my night getting frustrated by this game. Waste of $3 so far. I've never had any problems like this with any Steam games in the last 3 years. Fuck Uplay.

Last edited:

Mallaboo

Nov 2, 2017
i'll admit there is plenty of enemies to shoot in the Div2 , although they do all feel a bit samey after a while and not quite as much fun to fight as say compared to Destinys mobs. if only they could give us an expansion with the huge Dark Zones + the Underground & Survival from Div1 i'd be all over it.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You are absolutely crazy.

The gunplay is what keeps me coming back.

The world is anything but empty. Can't go ten feet without there being something going on whether it's civilians being executed, control points, factions fighting each other, etc. And then once the world is "invaded" more shit comes in.
Yes, but it gets old fast. Same shit everytime, gets annoying. I for one, cannot find anyone, ANYONE on pc to help me finish the game.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I tried to play this last night as I picked it up for $3 a few days ago. What a pain in the ass its been. I bought from Epic Game Store because I remember not really liking Uplay. I download the game then try to kick it off from EGS and nothing happens, game doesn't launch but there are no errors or anything. WTF, so i do some googling and apparently you have to launch it from Uplay. Goddamnit, so I download Uplay and now I'm having trouble resetting my password. Whatever, frustrating but after 5 - 10 minutes I get logged in. Now I have to download a 14GB patch. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated. Then I finally get the patch installed and I launch the game. Cool I'm gonna play some Division 2. Not so fast buddy, game goes into windowed mode and I can't get it fullscreen for the life of me. OK, so I should be able to get to a settings menu to mess around right? Wrong, I'm thrown straight into a character creator where the 'randomizer' just seems to change the hair style and skin shade. Also, how tf do I change the gender of the character? This game sucks, I've spent an hour just trying to play it and i can't even make a character to get to some sort of settings menu. I google about the fullscreen/windowed mode issue and it seems like i'm not the only one with this problem but suggestions are to fix it by editing a .cfg file. Fuck this, its after midnight and I get up at 6:30 so I just am pissed I wasted the last of my night getting frustrated by this game. Waste of $3 so far. I've never had any problems like this with any Steam games in the last 3 years. Fuck Uplay.

The gender option is strangely controlled by the "Body Type" setting. The rest of that...it sounds like you just had a bad night. I agree its reliance on Uplay is terrible, but not much we can do about it.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
The gender option is strangely controlled by the "Body Type" setting. The rest of that...it sounds like you just had a bad night. I agree its reliance on Uplay is terrible, but not much we can do about it.

Heh, yeah just wanted to jump in and shoot some stuff but ended up not getting to play - definitely a bad night :) I'll give it a go again tonight.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Am level 18, cant find a single soul to get to 30. I understand i can probably solo it but i like my co op.

You have two options...if you purchase the Warlords of NY expansion you immediately get a boost to level 30 and 500 GS with new gear, but it finishes all main and side missions for you. You're basically fresh and prepared for the expansion. You can also just buy a level 30 boost with premium credits.

I tend to play for a little bit at night after 9 Central, so add me on Uplay and if I'm free I can run some stuff with you. Diarrhea-Jones is my Uplay name.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You have two options...if you purchase the Warlords of NY expansion you immediately get a boost to level 30 and 500 GS with new gear, but it finishes all main and side missions for you. You're basically fresh and prepared for the expansion. You can also just buy a level 30 boost with premium credits.

I tend to play for a little bit at night after 9 Central, so add me on Uplay and if I'm free I can run some stuff with you. Diarrhea-Jones is my Uplay name.
Thanks man. Will add later when i get home. Appreciate it

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief, Im at tier 3 w/ gear score 350 and I find there's so much to do! Currently I'm doin bounties for recalbration credits. I find there's almost too much to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yes, but it gets old fast. Same shit everytime, gets annoying. I for one, cannot find anyone, ANYONE on pc to help me finish the game.
The 1-30 experience will be light, for sure, because most people playing the game have been playing endgame for nearly a year. I know there's been a big rush of new players on xbox because of the deal though, but not sure where that landed for PC.

Some options:
- you can always "call for backup" on a mission. You might get players at a higher level than you, but it should fill up pretty quickly. If you're just looking for help finishing it so that you get to endgame, players can steamroll Story Mode content now in minutes.
- if you get the expansion, you can use the free boost that comes with it to level to 30 instantly and then to go back and do the missions. Obviously, not ideal, but if you're more interested in co-op play than the story, it's a nice option.

Hope your experience gets better, because I really love the game and think the future is looking pretty bright right now based on the Loot 2.0, expansion and Seasons announcements.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
I also bought this in the $3 sale and have been playing for the past couple of weeks, just reached World Tier 2. For the first 15-20 hours I was pretty enraptured by the world, It's absurdly well detailed for its scope, the engine is a technical marvel. No clue how they could've achieved all of it, they must have an army of absolutely top tier scene dressers just for the clutter. It helps that I'm fairly familiar with parts of DC, particularly the National Mall, so it created some awesome immersion. The desolate feel is definitely intentional, but I wouldn't say it "improves" very much as the game goes on.

Enemy patrols seem to spawn in predictable locations, but they have some dynamism, it's cool to see civilians and enemies fighting without your involvement, or more rarely two enemy factions, but there doesn't seem to be much point to engaging in these yourself. Civilians will travel through the world to bring resources back to their encampments, but there's no reward for accompanying them that I know of, it's strange that element is there but the game doesn't seem to do anything with it. Side objectives (the question mark missions, not the actual side missions) are there, but at this point I ignore them entirely, I got tired of approaching them to find yet another propaganda speaker I'd have to fight three waves of enemies to protect. The control points are a lot better, some of them have genuinely impressive level design, but there are so many that even they get pretty tired. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the level design in main missions in general, at least for the first half of the campaign.

I do think that the gear system is completely screwed in the endgame. The vast majority of gear I pick up is either complete trash or only worth keeping to "recalibrate" something from it onto something I actually want to use. There's no way to keep what I want to recalibrate organized except marking a piece of equipment as "I want to recalibrate this," and recalibration can only be done at the White House for god knows what reason. I don't want to have to fast travel back every time I get something worth recalibrating from, and I'm not very invested in making sure my gear is at its very best anyway since I still have a ways to go before hitting the cap, so most loot just becomes an amorphous jumble of perks that I may or may not want to put onto the gear I actually use. My actual playstyle hasn't changed significantly for like half the game at this point. I'm curious what the endgame that has kept people going is, and how far from it I am now.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I also bought this in the $3 sale and have been playing for the past couple of weeks, just reached World Tier 2. For the first 15-20 hours I was pretty enraptured by the world, It's absurdly well detailed for its scope, the engine is a technical marvel. No clue how they could've achieved all of it, they must have an army of absolutely top tier scene dressers just for the clutter. It helps that I'm fairly familiar with parts of DC, particularly the National Mall, so it created some awesome immersion. The desolate feel is definitely intentional, but I wouldn't say it "improves" very much as the game goes on.

Enemy patrols seem to spawn in predictable locations, but they have some dynamism, it's cool to see civilians and enemies fighting without your involvement, or more rarely two enemy factions, but there doesn't seem to be much point to engaging in these yourself. Civilians will travel through the world to bring resources back to their encampments, but there's no reward for accompanying them that I know of, it's strange that element is there but the game doesn't seem to do anything with it. Side objectives (the question mark missions, not the actual side missions) are there, but at this point I ignore them entirely, I got tired of approaching them to find yet another propaganda speaker I'd have to fight three waves of enemies to protect. The control points are a lot better, some of them have genuinely impressive level design, but there are so many that even they get pretty tired. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the level design in main missions in general, at least for the first half of the campaign.

I do think that the gear system is completely screwed in the endgame. The vast majority of gear I pick up is either complete trash or only worth keeping to "recalibrate" something from it onto something I actually want to use. There's no way to keep what I want to recalibrate organized except marking a piece of equipment as "I want to recalibrate this," and recalibration can only be done at the White House for god knows what reason. I don't want to have to fast travel back every time I get something worth recalibrating from, and I'm not very invested in making sure my gear is at its very best anyway since I still have a ways to go before hitting the cap, so most loot just becomes an amorphous jumble of perks that I may or may not want to put onto the gear I actually use. My actual playstyle hasn't changed significantly for like half the game at this point. I'm curious what the endgame that has kept people going is, and how far from it I am now.
Stick around for March 3rd:
- Loot 2.0 will make it very obvious which gear is rolled well via little indicator bars under rolls, and you can save high stats to re-calibrate infinite times. Looks like you can store that stat out in the open world, but not 100% on that.
- Endgame will add seasons that have specific missions, activities, challenges, progressions system etc. that will reward you for playing the game normally or turning on modifiers for difficulty or how the game works, all of which you can switch on/off at any time.
- For the first time, doing harder content will actually have a higher chance to drop better gear. So finally there's that non random, constant progression.
- There'll be a near-infinite SHD level system, allowing you to eke out extra 10-20% stats in a number of offensive, defensive areas, regardless of what gear you are wearing.
- Oh, it'll also allow you to get to level 40.
- The playstyle mostly comes into play in World Tier 5 endgame, as its the first time you aren't quickly ditching gear for better stuff before making a full, synergistic build. Only at that point are the bonuses strong enough to really build into things like Seeker mines or snipers or up close assault riflin'. That too will change come March 3rd. The devs have talked about opening up the roles a lot more, healers, DPS, tanks, etc. and have teased changes to the way everything works, from shields to heals to talents, so here's hoping.

That said, before March 3rd, most of the endgame involves:
- doing the raid
- getting all of the blueprints from level 4 checkpoints
- exotic farming
- weekly heroic missions for named items and such
- targeted loot to try and eke out extra % points in the builds etc.

All that to say, looks like a lot of your complaints will be righted next Tuesday. Though I guess depending how Seasons actually play out, you might still feel done with the game post World Tier 5.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

I cannot agree with this at all... the game feels incredibly dense with things to do and discover, and the open world and levelling process is the best in any GaaS game to date.

I do agree that the gunplay in Destiny 2 is on another level, but TD2 still has solid mechanics.

Oct 26, 2017
I played a bit of the Division 1 and ended up returning it because of how empty the single player experience is. Grinding isn't fun, falling behind your friends when you wanna play co-op with them isn't fun. The Dark Zone was a good time in the Beta but once again didn't feel as good if you didn't keep up with the grind. The story was pretty bad, too. I don't know if the Division 2 improves on any of this, but I think that this is fundamentally the intended experience. It's a shooter-looter-ginder time dump, not really my thing.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I actually have the opposite reaction to the game. I feel it's cluttered lol. There is too much details everywhere. Just randomly walking around I find so much supplies and guns. So it's kinda overwhelming. Also I have never played an open world game that felt so detailed like this. The streets and inside the building feel real. It's not just copy paste like many open world games. Or at least it's not as obvious to me.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
Stick around for March 3rd:
- Loot 2.0 will make it very obvious which gear is rolled well via little indicator bars under rolls, and you can save high stats to re-calibrate infinite times. Looks like you can store that stat out in the open world, but not 100% on that.
- Endgame will add seasons that have specific missions, activities, challenges, progressions system etc. that will reward you for playing the game normally or turning on modifiers for difficulty or how the game works, all of which you can switch on/off at any time.
- For the first time, doing harder content will actually have a higher chance to drop better gear. So finally there's that non random, constant progression.
- There'll be a near-infinite SHD level system, allowing you to eke out extra 10-20% stats in a number of offensive, defensive areas, regardless of what gear you are wearing.
- Oh, it'll also allow you to get to level 40.
- The playstyle mostly comes into play in World Tier 5 endgame, as its the first time you aren't quickly ditching gear for better stuff before making a full, synergistic build. Only at that point are the bonuses strong enough to really build into things like Seeker mines or snipers or up close assault riflin'. That too will change come March 3rd. The devs have talked about opening up the roles a lot more, healers, DPS, tanks, etc. and have teased changes to the way everything works, from shields to heals to talents, so here's hoping.

That said, before March 3rd, most of the endgame involves:
- doing the raid
- getting all of the blueprints from level 4 checkpoints
- exotic farming
- weekly heroic missions for named items and such
- targeted loot to try and eke out extra % points in the builds etc.

All that to say, looks like a lot of your complaints will be righted next Tuesday. Though I guess depending how Seasons actually play out, you might still feel done with the game post World Tier 5.
Thanks for the reply. Infinite recalibration is a big change, geez. Didn't know higher difficulties didn't already drop better gear, guess I'm lucky I haven't done much above Normal yet.

I actually don't know what checkpoints are, and how they progress in level. Are they just part of the later endgame that I haven't encountered yet?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thanks for the reply. Infinite recalibration is a big change, geez. Didn't know higher difficulties didn't already drop better gear, guess I'm lucky I haven't done much above Normal yet.

I actually don't know what checkpoints are, and how they progress in level. Are they just part of the later endgame that I haven't encountered yet?
Yeah, if you get a, say, 14% weapon damage roll on a backpack, you'll be able to destroy the item and store the stat to re-calibrate onto any number of items later. To clarify, though, you can only re-calibrate one attribute per gear piece (so you can't just max out all rolls on everything, you need to drop a piece with a couple of good rolls first).

As it stands, the Raid is the only place to drop the Eagle Bearer and some blueprints for some of the gearsets, but in general, because of the way gear works now, there's a budget system where if one attribute is high, another will be low. So technically, in the current game, gear can't drop with all god rolls. Come March 3rd, it can (all attributes can be dropped at max). Because of this change, they are able to tweak the drop rates of "above average"/"excellent" etc. gear on harder difficulties. You'll still be able to randomly drop a god roll in Normal difficulty, but you'll get better chances in higher difficulties.

Sorry, I said checkpoints but I mean control points. If you do the activiies in an area in World Tier 5, the control points level up in difficulty. If you beat a level 4 control point, you drop a shit ton of gear and get blueprints. It's one of the best ways to farm specific gear right now, though after March 3rd that may change a bit!

Last edited:

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
There really needs to be more enemies and it needs to allow other players in the public space without having to matchmake.

Division 2 the fun i get out of roaming around is that there is just collectibles in every nook and cranny. But not much else

Destiny 2 the fun is that there is a fight around every corner and u can just happen upon other ppl in the gameworld actively engaged in these fights and just stumble over and help if u want. Organically.

lets be honest. Division really needs zombies to fill out all these empty streets. Division 2 is kinda empty and boring. But maybe thats why i find it somehow relaxing. Where in Destiny im like deep into it. And it gets hectic. I constantly have to think about what im doing as to not waste my grind time.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about not finding hostiles, but the game def kinda feels unsatisfying. The encounters are incredibly samey about halfway through the game and the loot is just a vomit of stats. Stats on stats on stats. That is the main differentiation between the weapons and that felt kinda shitty. Most of the abilities are boring and some even border on useless. I got to tier 5 and didn't feel any reason to continue.

Oct 27, 2017
Empty? Nah. There is lots going on. I am at world tier 3 mind so there the invasion stuff, but there always seems to be something to shoot. I will agree that the loot isn't much to get excited for, same with the first game. Kneepads and bags and gloves that are all basically identical bar the stats.

It's a great game though. Atmosphere isn't as good as Div 1, but it's still great. Graphically it just looks so good to me.

I'm going to play some tonight I'm with a friend, woo!

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
You are very early in where the areas are not yet rife with factions and enemies. Later areas are much busier. That said, this is not Destiny where you sort of funnel through short empty areas into larger fight arenas. This you could explore carefully for hours without shooting a single bullet. Or you can dive into some coop missions that are non stop action.