• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this game. I started with Emily and kind of sucked at stealth so sometime around the halfway point I just decided to kill everyone. Just turning motherfuckers to ash is so good. I guess I got the "bad" ending for it but whatever. Took me bout 25 hours for. Single play through.
I immediately started new game + with Corvo and I'm trying to be stealthy by just using sleep darts and stacking mobility charms. It's so fun.
It might be a great game.

One thing I'm curious about though - why are the enemies so eager to kill other enemies? If I'm choking someone out and someone notices me they don't hesitate to kill the guy I'm choking just to hit or shoot me. You'd thing they'd try to bargain for their lives or something. It just seems obvious.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My Xmas game, completed it before the end of the year.

Absolute triumph. And I barely scratched the surface of the many ways I could achieve my goals.

Dec 14, 2017
It is a great game.

On enemies not giving a toss about their allies, ai is hard. And some of the enemies genuinely don't have that sort of comraderie.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
One of the most underrated games of last decade. It was fucking awesome. Should do a new playthrough with Corvo.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
yea i really want to get back to it.

it took me forever to play through the first one, it was awesome, started the second and then just dropped it

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I love Arkane Studios like some people love Capcom or Sega. They're geniuses. But their games don't sell.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant game. I've always only played this series stealthily and no kills, so I've no idea what the combat is actually like. But I'd like to do a high chaos run some time with Emily. Played through with Corvo the first time because I just couldn't give up blink. Such an awesome move, and I was so happy that they included the time stop version that Daud had in the previous game's DLC.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
The only achievements I have ever cared about are the zero-kill zero-spotted achievements in the Dishonored games.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Played through it 4 times "normally" Emily Ghost/Non-Lethal, Ghost/Lethal and Corvo Ghost/Lethal and just Lethal. Enjoyed every playthrough to its fullest, although Ghost/Non-Lethal with Emily was my favorite. Even tried speedrunning it and managed to get through it in ~38 Min. Definitely one of my favorite games.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Between this and Prey, Arkane actually made two of my favorite games this gen. I thought Dishonored was great but the sequel really nailed it.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Im intrigued at the notion of no stealth. I don't really like stealth. More like I'm just not good at it and have no patience. So I end up saying fuck it and go into murder mode. If I can do this here I'm down.

OP
OP
Strangelove_77

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the domino skill is great. Taking out 4 people with one sleep dart is so satisfying.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Im intrigued at the notion of no stealth. I don't really like stealth. More like I'm just not good at it and have no patience. So I end up saying fuck it and go into murder mode. If I can do this here I'm down.
That's definitely possible, there are plenty of powers that make that method pretty enjoyable and even without powers there are a lot of ways to kill someone in this game.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
If they could improve the general story of their games, they'd literally be as close to perfect as possible. The level design in 2 is absurd.

OP
OP
Strangelove_77

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killing everything is really fun. You have a lot of options in how to kill. Once you get good at parrying you can dispatch a whole group in seconds.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I enjoyed these games as much as some people do. I did like Dishonored 2 better than 1, but even then by the time I hit the puzzle door thing I was ready for the game to wrap up.

I'm still going to give Death of the Outsider a chance, so maybe that'll be the one that clicks for me.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Among the best games of this gen, easily.

I need to get back to it - I did an Emily stealth, no-kill run at launch, and then started a Corvo Supernatural Murderbastard run a while back, but stopped about halfway through.

OP
OP
Strangelove_77

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best way to deal with the clockwork knights? I usually try to stun them with a stun mine or shooting them a lot so I can get behind them and break the whale oil container in their back.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Awesome game! I played through it recently because of Gamepass. I played as Emily too, but went full stealth and tried to not kill anyone. I'm surprised it took you 25 hours though. I did the whole thing in about 12.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2 is awesome. Make sure to check out Death of the Outsider, too.

It also wraps up some character arcs, may as well be called Dishonored 3.

Whats the best way to deal with the clockwork knights? I usually try to stun them with a stun mine or shooting them a lot so I can get behind them and break the whale oil container in their back.

I used upgraded spring razors mostly.

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
Clockwork Mansion is my favorite level in a game this entire generation. Going stealth all the way through it is incredibly satisfying. Great game from a great series.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
A great advancement from the first game; shame a third is unlikely (as I understand). Clockwork Mansion is the best level I've played in the last 5 years. Crack in the Slab was...fine, although perhaps a little over-hyped. Mansion though...wow. Something else.

Although I will maintain til my dying breath that being unable to swap out the sword for anything else is a moronic design choice.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Lately I've been playing Death of the Outsider. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dishonored 2 is the closest we'll ever get to a true successor to Thief 2. The latter is, IMO, the best stealth game ever made.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Absolute triumph in world building.

Fuck the clockwork soldiers though.

Clockwork soldiers are a piece of cake. Now these assholes can go fuck themselves...

Lately I've been playing Death of the Outsider. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dishonored 2 is the closest we'll ever get to a true successor to Thief 2. The latter is, IMO, the best stealth game ever made.

Styx: Shards of Darkness in my opinion.

I love Dishonored 2, but it's terrible as a pure stealth game. There isn't even light detection for goodness sake.

OP
OP
Strangelove_77

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long is Death Of The Outsider compared to Dishonored 2, which took me about 25 hours?