• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I was plowing through this on HBO and got to say, what a ride!

The good people in The Boys thread recommended this if you wanted more Homelander (Antony Starr) and it didn't dissapoint!

Sure, plowing through it rendered some plot lines rehash of earlier plot lines but overall it was a hell of a ride and I feel empty right now :)

So a strong recommendation for to all of you!

And the final season was very good with a good conclusion.

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
fourth is one of the worst seasons of television i've ever viewed, but 1-3 is some pure magic. Cinemax has some of the best action television programming on the market, bar none.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such an underrated show. Incredible action, great characters, and some surprisingly cool storylines as well even if it's often standard action stuff. Urges a rewatch for sure.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banshee is so damn good. Those first three seasons might as well be masterpieces.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got bored in later seasons but it was a great ride for a lot of it. Job was ace, and Nola, lord. Brock was a good laugh too with his dry retorts.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i remember giving it a shot because Alan Ball produced it... and i dropped it quick. but the whole thing is a blur to me, dunno if it was bad or if i just forgot about it

The Boys made me an Antony Starr fan though. i'll check back in on a rainy day

Last edited:

Keen

Oct 29, 2017
I gave up halfway through the final season:( but the first three are all-time great television!

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading a post-Banshee interview with Antony Starr saying he wanted to do a project without fights and sex scenes, I think he was burned out. I guess he got over it!

That Nola and Burton nasty fight almost made me lose my dinner. Also, the finger breaking with the MMA guy was disgusting. Actually, this show made me ill sometimes, in a good way.

The fourth season had no decent fights and the nudity and sex was cut back. You could tell the budget was way down.

The opening theme is amazing:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Really liked the series. Too bad about the lackluster final season.

And the equally lacklustre 'over-before-it-begun' final confrontation between Lucas and Clay, bleh...

I loved watching any scene with Lucas and Job on the job (ho ho!) together, and the first three seasons were thoroughly enjoyable, especially the story involving the Amish community and the rather tense introduction of Alex Longshadow, the Indian tribal chief.

p.s. The cover art on the Blu-ray cases were superb too!

68620_front.jpg

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I thought Banshee was on Showtime or Cinemax or Stars? Is it on HBO?

Because I've wanted to see it for the incredible acting and tragic plot by the young Amish girl gangster...

heh...

...but I never subscribe to those services.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the last season was awful, just a let down. The show deserved better. It's still well worth a watch for the amazing fights and incredible characters. It's pulp done right.

The fourth season had no decent fights and the nudity and sex was cut back. You could tell the budget was way down.
IIRC the actor kind of destroyed his body filming the show and couldn't do much during the final season. A real shame.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nice to see all the praise here for this amazing show. I see some Justified influences too.

First 2 seasons are free with Amazon Prime btw.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's one of my guilty pleasure favorites. It's pulp as fuck, but the over the top shenanigans of sheriff Hood and his merry band are hard to resist.
And then there's Job, of course.

If you liked Banshee, I recommend checking out The Warrior on HBO, it's made by (mostly) the same people and it totally shows.

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
Well, I obviously love this show...

The last season obviously got gutted but still, it was a good ride.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
If you liked Banshee, be sure to check out Warrior and Jett, which are also on Cinemax!