• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Aprikurt

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The end of AA3 is the pinnacle of the series. Enjoy!
I'm on 1-4 right now, didn't realise we get a fifth case with AA3! Wahoo!

It's also shot to my "most played" on Switch, clocking in at about 70+ hours already. I rarely stick with a game like this, but I really enjoy it.

Brother Seth

Oct 25, 2019
Returning to the series with this collection (I had previously only played a little over half of the first one, which I liked), and I find it very well written, but incredibly dull.
I enjoy puzzle games quite a lot, but this just doesn't hit any of that. The game is strictly on rails, dragging you through every bit of it. You can only ever do as it's 100% intended, very little is actually left for you to engage with. I've only played Danganronpa 1 (if I need something to compare with) and I think they made a far superior format.

Because I've already bought it, I plan to play through the first 3 games, but this might take me a while.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Last case of T&T is the best in the series. Really brings everything together. Enjoy!!

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
The Ace Attorney Trilogy on the 3ds is what got me in to the series, after that, I ended up playing all the mainline games plus Investigations. I love this series' sense of humor, wacky characters, over the top breakdown animations, the feeling of getting to the correct answer, and how it can flip between serious and light-hearted sometimes. I've enjoyed every game I've played of it and I hope you do too.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
AA3's final case has an absolutely out-fucking-standing moment that'll be all the sweeter if you've played the series from the beginning.

Enjoy the ride, OP!

OP
OP
Aprikurt

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
AA3's final case has an absolutely out-fucking-standing moment that'll be all the sweeter if you've played the series from the beginning.

Enjoy the ride, OP!
Last case of T&T is the best in the series. Really brings everything together. Enjoy!!
tumblr_p26zj5NmLJ1upvt2to1_250.gif

Currently reaching the mid point of 1-4 and OH MY GOD GODOT.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I just picked this up a week and a half ago on sale and am enjoying playing it. I thought I had only played Apollo Justice, but I've definitely played the first one before since I'm remembering these scenes and characters (mid-way through the Steel Samurai case right now). But it must've been so long ago that it feels fresh, I'm not remembering what actually happens or how to solve the cases. Weird feeling. You forget more and more as you get older.

OP
OP
Aprikurt

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I just picked this up a week and a half ago on sale and am enjoying playing it. I thought I had only played Apollo Justice, but I've definitely played the first one before since I'm remembering these scenes and characters (mid-way through the Steel Samurai case right now). But it must've been so long ago that it feels fresh, I'm not remembering what actually happens or how to solve the cases. Weird feeling. You forget more and more as you get older.
No kidding, I'd played the first half of AA2 as a teen, but damned if I could remember the solutions to the cases... awkward...

OP
OP
Aprikurt

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I finally finished it.

Guess I have a new post to make in that "Games that make you cry" thread...

cyklisten

Nov 12, 2017
I´m in the awkward camp of probably thinking that 1 is the best with 3 and 2 trailing behind, not that far from eachother. To me the last case in 3 was only "good". Yeah, it tied things up, but some of it felt crammed in there, making it not as meaningful. The case was also too long compared to how little tension and build up there was. Also case 2 and 3 in T&T was filler devoid of any energy. The places and characters didn´t feel as fleshed out as in AA.

2 was a step down for sure, but it still had fun with it self. Some absolutely ludacriss scenarios and a great last case.

I think a tiny problem with the series is that it didn´t evolve during the games. The mechanical/logic problems in AA got overshadowed by the great script, nice art and likeable cast, but as the games progressed with almost no additions, the charm slightly faded and the faults came creeping out.

Still a phenomenal series. When it hits it, it´s hits it out of the park. Some really memorable moments in there.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
To me the last case in 3 was only "good". Yeah, it tied things up, but some of it felt crammed in there, making it not as meaningful. The case was also too long compared to how little tension and build up there was.
I think case 3-5 completely falls apart during the final cross-examination, to the point where it sours what had up until then been a pretty great game from start to finish.