• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nah fuck that. The n word is a intrinsic part of black identity. The world is slowly becoming a place where people are trying to assimilate large parts of black culture. The n word is one of the things that is hard code explicitly for black people and no one else. just like white people have four cheese macaroni and systemic authority. Its explicit nature means that it can be frowned upon and typically should not be used everywhere, but amongst black people it should be expected and treated as natural as anything else. You have to protect that because white people will criticize its usage in one setting and shame you for having that culture, then show up to a party beatboxing and trying to dap people up in another and act like its been their culture this whole time.

Maybe in your circle, but not in mine.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the beauty of it though. We as black people have that ability to determine whether or not we want to use it or not because it's our word. Once that right is taken away from us by those who think they are being cool trying to use it, that's when you run into situations like we are seeing now.

I can agree with this. I don't use it and it is rarely used by anyone I associate with, but I can accept that other black people see it differently. I give ZERO passes though. If you are not black don't use it. I don't give a fuck where you grew up, who you fuck or anything else..

Deleted member 64503

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 13, 2020
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory False Equivalence Surrounding Racism
In my group of people when I was younger as 1 of the few white people I was givin "Permission" but never used the word ever, but the people using white racist terms is also not ok.
Also living in NY is no excuse

Mod Edit: Post reverted

Last edited by a moderator:

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Seems like a toxic culture, professional fighting games. I believe even Dood has said some racial slurs.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Honestly if someone is gonna drag out IRC logs then this has officially entered stupid.

This is often what happens when you punish someone for using certain terms online. People immediately turn to the question of "How far back does the rule go?", which leads them to dig through someone's entire history on Facebook/Twitter/IRC/etc.

I believe it's entirely unfair to judge someone for a word they used years ago, but that's not the way the internet works. If someone digs through your history and finds something terrible that you said 5, 6, 7, or even 10 years ago, that's how you feel TODAY if you didn't delete it.

Oct 28, 2019
Nah fuck that. The n word is a intrinsic part of black identity. The world is slowly becoming a place where people are trying to assimilate large parts of black culture. The n word is one of the things that is hard code explicitly for black people and no one else. just like white people have four cheese macaroni and systemic authority. Its explicit nature means that it can be frowned upon and typically should not be used everywhere, but amongst black people it should be expected and treated as natural as anything else. You have to protect that because white people will criticize its usage in one setting and shame you for having that culture, then show up to a party beatboxing and trying to dap people up in another and act like its been their culture this whole time.
Help me understand what part of the culture is the N word? Who decides which non-white people can say it? Why would people rather hold on to such a destructive word rather than let it die? You wouldn't use it in front of your mother, or grandmother. Black people shouldn't be shamed for using it but it absolutely gets used in places it has no business. At home with your boys ok, at fighting game tournaments and other public places where I would get very upset if a non white person said it? Never. My issue has never been with black people saying it, it's always been with some black people being comfortable with nonwhites saying it, black people calling non whites the word (this is the worst shit), and black people allowing non-whites to say it "because they grew up in the hood". It creates problems where people say it ironically or as a joke and we gotta get the courts out to decide if this person was racist or not when they said it.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
To be honest with y'all I'm getting a little confused by all the non-white/language culture talk, but I just wanna make 2 things abundantly clear:

1. LTG is a shit, good riddance.
2. As a white guy, there are plenty other words I could use to express myself. I don't need that one, and I certainly don't own it.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Help me understand what part of the culture is the N word? Who decides which non-white people can say it? Why would people rather hold on to such a destructive word rather than let it die? You wouldn't use it in front of your mother, or grandmother. Black people shouldn't be shamed for using it but it absolutely gets used in places it has no business. At home with your boys ok, at fighting game tournaments and other public places where I would get very upset if a non white person said it? Never. My issue has never been with black people saying it, it's always been with some black people being comfortable with nonwhites saying it, black people calling non whites the word (this is the worst shit), and black people allowing non-whites to say it "because they grew up in the hood". It creates problems where people say it ironically or as a joke and we gotta get the courts out to decide if this person was racist or not when they said it.
I'm saying that in this world, its getting harder and harder for people of color to retain identity in spaces in general. You go to a random party downtown, white people are listening to hip hop, using non offensive ethnic slang, dressing and sometimes straight up copying ethnic styles for their own usage. They're going to do that whether black people are present at the party or not. The n word, not exclusively but essentially, is something they can not copy without significant backlash. If tomorrow somehow its decreed "ok the n word is retired" white people are still going to say it just like they still say shit like "homeslice", and black people will have lost yet another thing that is exclusive yet still holds power.

That's ignoring the fact you touched on that it easily exposes racists in your circle. If a white person can't control themselves from saying it just because a black person did then I mean... its pretty obvious they say that shit when you aren't around. We've got to stop pretending that black people saying it is some sort of trigger for white people. They say that shit all the time when its just them.

But regardless I don't want to disagree with you and you made some good points. That's just my perspective. I get trying to limit its usage and don't believe it needs to be used on an everyday everywhere basis. But its existence should be protected.

Last edited:

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying that in this world, its getting harder and harder for people of color to retain identity in spaces in general. You go to a random party downtown, non white people are listening to hip hop, using non offensive ethnic slang, dressing and sometimes straight up copying ethnic styles for their own usage. They're going to do that whether black people are present at the party of not. The n word, not exclusively but essentially, is something they can not copy without significant backlash. If tomorrow somehow its decreed "ok the n word is retired" white people are still going to say it just like they still say shit like "homeslice", and black people will have lost yet another thing that is exclusive yet still holds power.

That's ignoring the fact you touched on that it easily exposes racists in your circle. If a white person can't control themselves from saying it just because a black person did then I mean... its pretty obvious they say that shit when you aren't around. We've got to stop pretending that black people saying it is some sort of trigger for white people. They say that shit all the time when its just them.

But regardless I don't want to disagree with you and you made some good points. That's just my perspective. I get trying to limit its usage and don't believe it needs to be used on an everyday everywhere basis. But its existence should be protected.
Yep its 100% part of our culture for good reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The worst is his entire chat seemed to agree with his rant...and while he deserve the ban it's unfortunate to see people will still pay him just to end up blocked minutes later or banned.

Yeah. This will likely boost his popularity and his future as a successful twitch streamer likely starts now. Just look at happened with that Calebhart guy. Came back with even more subs and donations after twitch banned him for bigotry.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

simple rule. Apply only for posts/online videos since 2018 or simpler everything starting this year. I can't judge you for something you said a year ago or two years ago and certainly not 7-8 years ago, but I can definitely judge what you've said in the past 6 months. Now that the codes of conduct are getting a long overdue update, everything you post during that time is fair game if you are currently a participant. Going forward, players should be required to do a best effort disclosure to tournament organizers and show any statements are far in the past.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Yeah. This will likely boost his popularity and his future as a successful twitch streamer likely starts now. Just look at happened with that Calebhart guy. Came back with even more subs and donations after twitch banned him for bigotry.
Not that it matters, but he's been permanently banned from Twitch already. His only streaming rev comes from Youtube, and good luck getting anything changed there.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even follow SFV or Fighting Games so much, but I knew about him from some meme videos and went into a rabbit hole.

Remember when Ninja said some bullshit about competitive players being angry and whatnot? This is the kind of people I imagine he's talking about, a grown ass fool who goes on tirades after he lost in a fucking videogames. Get that ass banned.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Not that it matters, but he's been permanently banned from Twitch already. His only streaming rev comes from Youtube, and good luck getting anything changed there.

The thing here ie he's been banned multiple times on Twitch IIRC. He's even been system banned on at least three Xbox 360s, so it's amusing he's now saying his gimmick is being a clown and rager on purpose.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I can agree with this. I don't use it and it is rarely used by anyone I associate with, but I can accept that other black people see it differently. I give ZERO passes though. If you are not black don't use it. I don't give a fuck where you grew up, who you fuck or anything else..

Damn right. Zero passes. And that's why Cero had to go. I give two fucks what a nonblack says amongst themselves alone with their "black friends who are ok with it." We can't police that. But once you post or say shit on social media guess what, you are no longer with your friends. You are putting that energy in a public arena looking for clout. Now you have the clout you are looking for. Anyone older than 10 knows what's up with that word, and you ain't 10 motherfucker.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I was feeling masochistic and took a look through his Twitter...
His followers say stuff like this:
Lions don't lose sleep over sheep, head up King

It's like watching a real-life version of those lone wolf quote instagrams.
Sad how they all gotta get together to lick each others' wounds (especially when said wounds are getting bodied in fighting games and called out for being a trashbag).

Oct 29, 2017
So this obviously isn't the point but out of curiosity what even set off his transphobic rant? Seems like he was just playing a match or practicing or something and then just got pissed and rage quit the game before anyone even lost the match, then just started talking all that shit?

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So this obviously isn't the point but out of curiosity what even set off his transphobic rant? Seems like he was just playing a match or practicing or something and then just got pissed and rage quit the game before anyone even lost the match, then just started talking all that shit?

That's like asking why the scorpion stinged the frog. It's just what LTG is. He's a hateful human who do his best to verbally wound the other party.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

As if always the case with LTG, he probably lost to some player and the popped off.