• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Like, here's what I'm talking about:

Love how he says "it's my job to make you forget about your troubles" without a hint of irony neglecting that some of those troubles include the discrimination and gender dysphoria that trans people in his audience or the Fighting Game Community at large had/have to deal with often; near daily in some cases. You don't make people forget about their troubles LTG, you participate in causing that trouble.

I hate how transphobes paint being trans as some giant put on; as though being trans is all a grift and people enter a stigmatized and oppressed class for some sort of gain. If he asked honestly, trans people could explain to LTG the multitude of reasons individuals might have for not going through reassignment surgery from financial to physical to mental or emotional reasons but he doesn't care and instead tries to say that transwomen aren't really "committed" to being "legitimate" women if they don't go all the way. They're just guys pretending to be women for...what? Profit? Sympathy? Fame/popularity? So fucking ignorant and gross and sadly not an uncommon mentality.

Last edited:

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Excusing transphobia
Dude is a dickhead but this character is why he's relevant at all. He gets a pretty OK audience from it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is a dickhead but this character is why he's relevant at all. He gets a pretty OK audience from it.

You know, one of the things that gets me is that just thinking about the name "Lowtiergod", you could probably have a pretty cool gimmick of focusing on low tier characters and showing off how well they can perform if pushed to their limit. Like, I'm just dipping my toes into FighterZ, but I already know that my favourite character in the cast (Beerus) is not going to perform well, and it would be cool to see someone master him. But that probably requires some dedication and realization that you're putting yourself in a difficult situation and it's on you to get out of of it. Because seeing as:

He's a textbook example of a narcissist. He's completely incapable of self refection, nothing is ever his fault, he never loses due to lack of skill.
The only main reason he's never been straight up banned before is because he just isn't very good, it's pretty much a formality.

...he has the complete wrong mindset to achieve that concept, which might be why he settles for the substantially easier character of being a dickhead.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Low tier god has always been a toxic fuck no one enjoyed having around at tournaments. The world is a better place without him rejoining the scene once events come back. Stay in quarantine asshole.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Took long enough. I know the FGC loves a heel, but everyone can see LTG is just a dickhead.

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
Fuck LowTierGod. Such a piece of shit.

One of my most memorable online memories is this match and finding out I was playing LTG

This brought a smile to my face.
This dude is an irrelevant asshole.
Always was and always will be.
To quote QOTSA "You ain't a has been if you never was."
I only tend to watch top 32 or top 8 of Street Fighter so I haven't seen him play in years.

I only knew about him because of the Viscant encounter.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't he always say anti-LGBT stuff anyway? I feel like he calls everyone the f word.

Not by any stretch saying this is okay because it's his usual behaviour, I'm saying that I'm shocked it took this long for him to get banned.

Even the argument he had with Viscant, I felt like it was beyond disrespectful, he was needlessly verbally abusive, attacking other players in the scene. I never understood why players like this were welcome in the first place.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't he always say anti-LGBT stuff anyway? I feel like he calls everyone the f word.

Not by any stretch saying this is okay because it's his usual behaviour, I'm saying that I'm shocked it took this long for him to get banned.

Even the argument he had with Viscant, I felt like it was beyond disrespectful, he was needlessly verbally abusive, attacking other players in the scene. I never understood why players like this were welcome in the first place.
He's been this way for a very long time, while i'm happy he got what he deserved it's weird it took this long.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
LTG streaming now with damn near 1.5k viewers and getting a huge influx of donations with multiple $100+ dollar ones...shits crazy. being banned from these tourneys ain't going to effect shit for him it looks like

RichieRich

Aug 16, 2018

It's a holdover of the arcade era(Of which the FGC is a descendant of) when bantering and real negative trash talk was common. A lot of people who run the community are from that time, but they're becoming more aware. Banter and trash talk within the spirit of sport is fine, but nobody should be invalidated as an individual, especially over a videogame.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
LTG streaming now with damn near 1.5k viewers and getting a huge influx of donations with multiple $100+ dollar ones...shits crazy. being banned from these tourneys ain't going to effect shit for him it looks like

The thing is that he has always been a media guy. Banning him from tournaments doesn't mean much when he was never a regular in the first place and was never going to be one.

I think he got known years ago as a YouTuber. Then he streamed on Twitch but got banned from there so now he only does on YT. If people want to punish him then you have to get him banned from YouTube.

I did report him but I have no idea if it'll have any affect.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
He will never wipe the taste of BT Viscants dick out of his mouth.
No, he never did. Lost the job at McDonald's in the meanwhile...

You know, LTG was able to keep his head low enough that no one really cared. That said, He is NOT well liked... and frankly after the encounter with Viscant, few ever cared to keep a track of the "man". That said, a pal of mind keeps me in the look and to be blunt.... DSP got some serious comp for the title of worse mofo in the FGC, the only thing that LTG has yet to do is threaten to stab a man and I only feel, with the way his toxic ass gets salty, it's only a matter of time.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the good news.
the guy's been around for while and has always been a colossal piece of shit. Just absolute human garbage of a person. Fuck that low-life

Oct 25, 2017
No, he never did. Lost the job at McDonald's in the meanwhile...

You know, LTG was able to keep his head low enough that no one really cared. That said, He is NOT well liked... and frankly after the encounter with Viscant, few ever cared to keep a track of the "man". That said, a pal of mind keeps me in the look and to be blunt.... DSP got some serious comp for the title of worse mofo in the FGC, the only thing that LTG has yet to do is threaten to stab a man and I only feel, with the way his toxic ass gets salty, it's only a matter of time.

He has threatened to shoot and kill people. Well not any person particular, but anyone that decided they wanted to come after him in real life. That's a bit murky though because if someone shows up at your home it's serious issue.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Jeeeez... I hope youtube takes action but I'm not really expecting it. I thought this guy was banned ages ago. I don't think I've ever seen him in any tourneys and the few times he's mentioned in chat it's usually people calling him the pile of trash that he is. Shocked to hear he actually showed up in Eleague though. What the hell were they thinking?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

he'll get an influx supporters from the usual suspects (for another example, see the Vic Mignogna law suit), but he's still going to keep getting clipped and he's not really going to get any bigger than this. Sucks that he still has a following at all, and he should have really been banned as early as his antics with Viscant or even BrolyLegs, but his channel is still somewhat niche.

plus, he immediately makes all his streams private because he knows he's fucked if he ends up getting banned off of YouTube (already got nuked from twitch)

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you can throw a tantrum like a child in front of people and not feel embarrassed.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it took this long. He ranted about a trans person in the past prior to this, and was absolutely vile in his whining (this is the thing he does when he loses) about a disabled player in the community. His "gimmick" if it even is that is to berate people who beat him in fighting games, and that's always come in the form of needless, vulgar personal attacks.

He's said worse than what's in the OP, so again, I am genuinely surprised this was the line he crossed. His banning is absolutely warranted, but it seems like it's three years too late. There are countless channels that log his vulgarity and hostility. He should have been banned the second he talked shit about BrolyLegs.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how you can throw a tantrum like a child in front of people and not feel embarrassed.
If you are American, you know the answer to that. It's not pretty.
He has threatened to shoot and kill people. Well not any person particular, but anyone that decided they wanted to come after him in real life. That's a bit murky though because if someone shows up at your home it's serious issue.
As I said, DSP got some serious comp for the worse mofo in the FGC. It's not a contest, you have to sink pretty low to be in the running.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
If you are American, you know the answer to that. It's not pretty.

As I said, DSP got some serious comp for the worse mofo in the FGC. It's not a contest, you have to sink pretty low to be in the running.

DSP may be an all around terrible person, but he has never threatened to kidnap a person he lost to in Street Fighter and have him and his "disciples" commit sexual assault and/or necrophilia in the middle of a fiend.

I think LTG got this hands down in the FGC

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Glad tournies are cracking down on shitheads. Enjoy netplay.

That said, a lot of people elsewhere are pointing out the obvious comparison between Evo's handling of LTG and (not) handling of Infiltration. Would LTG have gotten the boot if he was good enough to consistently make top 8? The fact that I can't say "100% yes" is a problem.

Oct 28, 2017
People are weirdly selective about when LTG gets repercussions for what he says. That guy insulted Brolylegs for his disabilities on stream and took no consequences for it.

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's either that or the person is using a better character or using cheap tricks.
I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't even make sense. I've seen a handful of this guy's matches. When he loses, it's bitching about lag, they're using a "better character" even though he's using some very highly-rated characters himself, or throws of all things. Like, you're playing Street Fighter. They've had throws in every single one of them since SF2 at least. He has no ability to change strategies when it isn't working, so he blames everyone else around him. He sounds like Donald Trump with this shit.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't even make sense. I've seen a handful of this guy's matches. When he loses, it's bitching about lag, they're using a "better character" even though he's using some very highly-rated characters himself, or throws of all things. Like, you're playing Street Fighter. They've had throws in every single one of them since SF2 at least. He has no ability to change strategies when it isn't working, so he blames everyone else around him. He sounds like Donald Trump with this shit.
It shields his ego from having to accept that he got bested by better players.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he'll get an influx supporters from the usual suspects (for another example, see the Vic Mignogna law suit), but he's still going to keep getting clipped and he's not really going to get any bigger than this. Sucks that he still has a following at all, and he should have really been banned as early as his antics with Viscant or even BrolyLegs, but his channel is still somewhat niche.

plus, he immediately makes all his streams private because he knows he's fucked if he ends up getting banned off of YouTube (already got nuked from twitch)

That and knowing the chodes who flock to these types they'll make people hate him even more by association as they harass any and everyone who even mentions his name, even in passing and in a non negative manner.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is the rumor true that LTG is playing a persona and he owns all those youtube video channels blasting him as a way to get famous?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
LTG has always been an overly salty, overly aggressive, extremely shitty personality.

It's honestly shocking that his FGC pass has survived until Q1 of 2020.

We should've been asking for his ban 10x over in all honestly. For the culture.

C45513

Aug 18, 2019
I haven't heard his name in years, but I assume he still doesn't go to tournaments since he's bad and can't handle losing. This won't really change anything for him.

He's also been a bigot for as long as I can remember, so I'm surprised (though maybe I shouldn't be) it's taken this long.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy isn't good enough for tournaments, it won't change much. That said, his behaviour is what keeps him around and keeps him having a fanbase. Because he wouldn't have such a fanbase if it was about his gaming skills. He wouldn't stand out.

Is the rumor true that LTG is playing a persona and he owns all those youtube video channels blasting him as a way to get famous?

I wouldn't put it past him. I read or saw once he also wanted a do over with Viscant when he was asked because he was in it for business. But Viscant didn't want to act like a clown and declined, much to LTG's chagrin. It could be that he's a complete persona. When he trashed Boogie on a video, you could see the cuts where he couldn't hide his laugh bursts.

Last edited:

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Makes sense. He's been toxic. He posted some stuff about the other streamer saying the n-word though. Not too keen on that.....

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
The fact that FGC let someone as toxic as this shithead become famous, stay famous for years, and now he's getting banned is really depressing and it goes to show how unwelcoming the FGC can be.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That seems like a correct ban, yeah.

Also, dafuq kind of a rage quit was that?

Person 1: * Beats LTG at Street Fighter *

LTG: "Lemme explain to you step by step why you are not a proper transgender person."

This was quite frankly absurd, almost funny if it weren't so toxic.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thought this guy would have gotten banned for physically threatening people a long time ago.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
it does seem to be a 'character' of some sort as the dude's genuinely worked himself up to being racist against black people...while being black. like he said "this is why i don't deal with blacks. can't trust them" and that shit is just so confusing to hear i dont even know what to make of it

either way his 'act' continues having real consequences on the people being attacked so really this ban should've come a long time ago